Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-08-2020, 01:39 PM #26
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Social media, discussions, the news, talking to some parents (I actually had an argument with two of them last saturday at a friends party about it) etc etc You can check Facebook too, it's full of hypocrits.
Again, SOME of them, not all of them thankfully.
i can back you up on that one, my mom knows all about that too, got unfriended by some who she knows for many years, and bc they are those ''viruswaanzin'' supporters, anti-coronameasures they unfriended her because we believe in what they call as ''fake news''

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 01:40 PM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Social media, discussions, the news, talking to some parents (I actually had an argument with two of them last saturday at a friends party about it) etc etc You can check Facebook too, it's full of hypocrits.
Again, SOME of them, not all of them thankfully.
I agree with you, it suits some parents not to have to get up 5 days a week to deliver their kids to school but are happy enough gadding around and letting them meet other friends etc...

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 01:40 PM #28
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i can back you up on that one, my mom knows all about that too, got unfriended by some who she knows for many years, and bc they are those ''viruswaanzin'' supporters, anti-coronameasures they unfriended her because we believe in what they call as ''fake news''
meh they were never real friend in the first place in that case

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 01:41 PM #29
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
The Conservative party conference which was due in October has been cancelled because it was deemed not safe.

So no I don’t think schools should be returning either.
Says it all really

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 01:59 PM #30
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I agree with you, it suits some parents not to have to get up 5 days a week to deliver their kids to school but are happy enough gadding around and letting them meet other friends etc...
The two parents I got into with were both in Spain last week on crowded beaches (they even showed pictures of them and their kids at the beach) but think Macron is putting kids in danger by not delaying the time kids will go back to school (September 1st in France) because "it's not safe".
They really did the most by going to amusement parks etc....but are scared of school. I just couldn't deal with it.
And it's just one example. I'm glad some journalists here are calling them out on their bullsh!t.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 24-08-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 02:04 PM #31
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

i think it is something that has to be tried, but if it forces the already rising infection rate even higher, it won't take long for parents to say nope, not having this. I think they need to come up with something that allows kids to socially interact safely but allows online education too. This one rule for all is unlikely to work out well
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 02:28 PM #32
Banned

Banned

If children must go back to school, then they should consider doing what many office based workplaces are doing and only have kids in school part time. Have certain years in one day, while the others are given a day's workload to do at home and then vice versa.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2020, 07:16 AM #33
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...yeah, I do think that schools should go back to ‘normality’...but for the up and coming future it should be adapted also to a new normality that the world is adapting to...and risk assessments and safety etc is of huge importance and consideration ....it’s so important to the government that schools do return ...(..as it is to school staff plus most parents, I would say..)...and yet so far, the Department of Education have stayed with their ‘no mask in school stance...in England anyway...so if the government want it to happen, they have to look at how it will be more enabled to happen and help it to happen for parents and staff to feel more safety in their environment...I mean, for any potential reluctant parents...it’s the individual schools who have to reassure them that all safety measures are in place for their child/children...and the government have rightfully put in place a ‘wearing mask’ policy indoors...which makes it difficult in its contradiction for schools to reassure all safety measures possible are being implemented etc...while saying, no...no face masks allowed, sorry...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2020, 07:49 AM #34

There is a high school not too far away from me that announced at the beginning of the month they were going to make face coverings mandatory for all staff and pupils. Will be interesting to see how they get on with it and if there are local spikes after schools return if they get any cases.

https://www.knutsfordguardian.co.uk/...aff-september/
Old 25-08-2020, 08:00 AM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
There is a high school not too far away from me that announced at the beginning of the month they were going to make face coverings mandatory for all staff and pupils. Will be interesting to see how they get on with it and if there are local spikes after schools return if they get any cases.

https://www.knutsfordguardian.co.uk/...aff-september/
...yeah, there are a few high schools, I think...and Boris is hopefully going to be looking at it for primary schools as well...which really does need to happen...?...both for more safety within the schools and to reassure any reluctant parents...I have to say, though...in our own parent poll for return phases at the beginning of June...?...it was 100% YES PLEASE, we thought you’d never ask......we worried that the children might be thrown over the fence...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2020, 09:43 AM #36
-

-

My daughter's teacher is wearing a face covering so I think teachers are definitely allowed to up here (not sure if mandatory or optional) - has the guidance on that changed in England at all? I know they were thought to be a "barrier to learning" or some nonsense like that at one point. Though my daughter is final year of primary school now so maybe it's different in the "little kid" classes?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, kids, school