Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #176
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 128,361

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

@MeetDaye are an organic tampon subscription box service, and they're running a survey on the shared experience of menstruation. This survey is inclusive of #trans identities and they'd love to hear from people of all genders!


Just not women apparently
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 07-09-2020 at 03:15 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #177
Toy Soldier
Volcanic Protector Man
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 23,105
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
@MeetDaye are an organic tampon subscription box service, and they're running a survey on the shared experience of menstruation. This survey is inclusive of #trans identities and they'd love to hear from people of all genders!


Just not women apparently
I think they forgot to tell the person who wrote the survey then, because ALL of the questions are clearly geared towards trans men/non-binary. They don't even make sense in any other context.
__________________
___________________________________
I smile and I say that the world is just fine,
as these ****ing parasites eat up my spine,
So I ask you once, and I ask you again;
Where do your roots start,
And where do your roots end?
___________________________________



Toy Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #178
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 46,098
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I agree up to a a point, but take the 13 year old mentioned earlier in the thread would you expect a female of that age to go into a male changing area in school for instance?
you didn't respond to this Liam, I used a 13 year old transitioning female how comfortable do you think they would feel in the boys changing rooms for PE?

there are alot of gray areas that need alot of attention and looking at, and in instances above I would say being separate would be the kindest option?
__________________
come back Fungie

Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #179
Kizzy
Likes cars that go boom
 
Kizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,615


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
If the product is not exclusively for females, why are people adamant that the packaging must say females? “I know it’s not for females, but I want it to say females because I use it and I’m a female and **** the men that use it”? Is literally what this translates to. Which I knew all along I suppose lol.

Honestly I can’t imagine many people would give a single **** if they removed the word ‘male’ from condoms. But I can’t imagine caring over something so petty in the first place
You're missing the point. Your argument is that it's insensitive to those transitioning from F to M. I'm asking why the same discussion isn't happening for those transitioning from M to F who use condoms. They are not exclusively for 'males'.

Is it not the same, Where is the debate on this?
__________________
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #180
Kizzy
Likes cars that go boom
 
Kizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,615


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
@MeetDaye are an organic tampon subscription box service, and they're running a survey on the shared experience of menstruation. This survey is inclusive of #trans identities and they'd love to hear from people of all genders!


Just not women apparently
Thanks for this Niamh it really does prove that women are being squeezed our of any discussion on this issue for some reason.
My solution is to feature both on the box, that for me would be truly inclusive. To just erase one as a solution without acknowledging the reason for the change is not progress.
__________________
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:16 PM   #181
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,605

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
If the product is not exclusively for females, why are people adamant that the packaging must say females? “I know it’s not for females, but I want it to say females because I use it and I’m a female and **** the men that use it”? Is literally what this translates to. Which I knew all along I suppose lol.

Honestly I can’t imagine many people would give a single **** if they removed the word ‘male’ from condoms. But I can’t imagine caring over something so petty in the first place
Of course they're specifically for females, no-one but females can menstrate. Same with condoms - only males have penises.

Maybe instead of "man" and "woman" the biological terms "male" and "female" should be used? That way they're included if they identify as the opposite to their sex.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:37 PM   #182
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 52,435


Default

....hmmm, I don’t know with the survey because it does read like erasing/excluding of ‘woman’....which is very odd for a survey about menstruation etc...I think though, is all I can figure, anyway../...as TS said .. ‘ALL of the questions are clearly geared towards /otherwise they don’t make sense....’...so for a specific reason of trying to be all inclusive as much as possible and so frequent surveys to be able to always include all...


...a slogan of Daye seems to be... ‘It's a new Daye in all things female health’...they have a great website actually because they say how long a read, a certain section will be as well..(5 min read /8 min read etc..)..an ‘advice/help’ section and they have many sections and much advice ...so they do seem to be very much encompassing of all ...they have a section ‘Women’s Health’...and then under that they have things like...‘How Ovarian Transplants May Be The Future Of Menopause Treatment‘...and.... ‘Why Are Black Women Disproportionately Affected By BV & Thrush?‘...I didn’t know that black women were affected more, it’s all very informative stuff and very much supporting of womanhood, I think...another section is ‘Sustainability’...and looks at how eco-friendly etc...’Cultural Musings’ is another section...with a topic of... ‘How To Be Believed When Doctors Take Women’s Pain Less Seriously‘...so really supportive of all things woman, Daye seems to be...yeah the survey is odd and feels quite excluding but it must be targeting something specific, is the only thing I can think...



https://yourdaye.com/
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #183
Withano
Withano
 
Withano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19,520

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Helen Lederer


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
You're missing the point. Your argument is that it's insensitive to those transitioning from F to M. I'm asking why the same discussion isn't happening for those transitioning from M to F who use condoms. They are not exclusively for 'males'.

Is it not the same, Where is the debate on this?
Start a debate on it? I couldn’t care less if they get rid of the word male from ‘male condoms’ and I have no idea if others do. Doesn’t make much sense to me if you’re asking me personally.
__________________
Withano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:02 PM   #184
Withano
Withano
 
Withano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19,520

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Helen Lederer


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Of course they're specifically for females, no-one but females can menstrate. Same with condoms - only males have penises.

Maybe instead of "man" and "woman" the biological terms "male" and "female" should be used? That way they're included if they identify as the opposite to their sex.
you adore roundabouts you.
__________________
Withano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:06 PM   #185
Marsh.
User banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 77,924


Default

You don't think there's an issue. That's fine.

Others having a different viewpoint is not transphobic. It's a childish way of trying to close the discussion.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #186
Withano
Withano
 
Withano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19,520

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Helen Lederer


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
You don't think there's an issue. That's fine.

Others having a different viewpoint is not transphobic. It's a childish way of trying to close the discussion.
It’s not transphobic to be confused over the change. It is transphobic to say that transmen are females and the change should be reverted. That’s not a childish way to shut down an argument. That’s a fact to eat up and accept or ignorantly ignore
__________________

Last edited by Withano; 07-09-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #187
Marsh.
User banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 77,924


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
It’s not transphobic to be confused over the change. It is transphobic to say that transmen are females and the change should be reverted. That’s not a childish way to shut down an argument. That’s a fact to eat up and accept or ignorantly ignore
The change should be reverted? What does that mean?

It's not in anyway transphobic to say that transmen who menstruate still have their female biology. That's just a basic fact regardless of how people "feel".

Pussyfooting around feelings with anything does not change reality.

Last edited by Marsh.; 07-09-2020 at 07:35 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:49 PM   #188
Kizzy
Likes cars that go boom
 
Kizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,615


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Start a debate on it? I couldn’t care less if they get rid of the word male from ‘male condoms’ and I have no idea if others do. Doesn’t make much sense to me if you’re asking me personally.
Hmm you're very invested in this discussion but when it comes to removing the word male you couldnt care less? OK.
__________________
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #189
Kizzy
Likes cars that go boom
 
Kizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,615


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
It’s not transphobic to be confused over the change. It is transphobic to say that transmen are females and the change should be reverted. That’s not a childish way to shut down an argument. That’s a fact to eat up and accept or ignorantly ignore
Again you are skirting around the issue. It doesn't help anyone removing text...add text. Say they are for women and transmen, what's the issue with that?
__________________
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #190
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 128,361

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Again you are skirting around the issue. It doesn't help anyone removing text...add text. Say they are for women and transmen, what's the issue with that?
Yep, can't see how anyone could have a reasonable objection to that?
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:19 PM   #191
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,605

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
you adore roundabouts you.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? I've not heard a single reason not to use "sexed language", boiling it down to biology gets rid of needing to dance around the way people identify.

Some females might identify as men or "nonbinary" lol but they'll never be not female...
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of

Last edited by Oliver_W; 07-09-2020 at 11:23 PM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:58 PM   #192
LeatherTrumpet
Senile Member
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 68,963


Default

Every human needs to feel important.
When you can't conventially you find other ways
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:27 AM   #193
Elliot
Senior Member
 
Elliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7,368

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
IAC2018: Fleur East
BB18: Isabelle
CBB17: Gemma Collins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Say they are for women and transmen, what's the issue with that?
No I don’t think anyone would have an issue with that
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:37 AM   #194
Elliot
Senior Member
 
Elliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7,368

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
IAC2018: Fleur East
BB18: Isabelle
CBB17: Gemma Collins
Default

The only people that would have an issue with that would be some TERFs as some of them argue ‘Woman’ encompasses both of those
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:34 AM   #195
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 46,098
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Not at all the product can be produced with both words .....hows that for equality

For women

For people who menstruate

Everyones happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Does ‘people who menstruate’ not cover all basis? What’s wrong with inclusivity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
No I don’t think anyone would have an issue with that
You would think?
__________________
come back Fungie

Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #196
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,605

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default





It's almost comedic at this point.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #197
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 128,361

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post




It's almost comedic at this point.
Why is always "woman" though? never man
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #198
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 46,098
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Why is always "woman" though? never man
mxn
__________________
come back Fungie

Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #199
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,605

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Why is always "woman" though? never man
probably something to do with transwomen being raised with male socialization, and demanding things be changed to accommodate them? That's one theory I've heard as to why you don't hear much from transmen.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #200
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 46,098
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

or even better m?n
__________________
come back Fungie

Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
erasure, female, part, superdrug, taking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:34 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts