Notices

RuPaul’s Drag Race Discuss RPDR here.

Old 30-08-2020, 02:52 PM #176
Banned

Banned

It was an utterly ridiculous episode, the editing continues to be a problem and the judging makes little sense. Jimbo's makeup was bad but, let's be real, that dress she made should have made her safe as ****, it was the most well constructed thing on that runway. I love Priyanka but, honestly, she should have lipsynced against Rita because the look was terrible and there was basically no reason for her to be safe. It's been made apparent that production probably decided on sending Jimbo home this week and nothing she could have done would have prevented that. The production influence is felt so strongly on this show that All-Stars would blush.

It's a great shame really, we had an interesting cast of queens, a judging panel that was 2/3rds likable and an interesting variety of challenges that made a nice change from the usual acting challenges over and over again and I liked how there was more design challenges than usual but shoddy decisions, editing and poor utilisation of the cast they had has ruined this season.

Things they need to change next season:

- Get rid of Jeffrey, he wasn't as infuriating this episode but he has no business being a permanent judge. He's not entertaining, he's not knowledgeable about drag and he kind of brings the whole show down around him.
- Have Brook and Stacey both handle hosting responsibilities, the whole guest host thing is odd.
- Get new editors and sort out sponsorships, A lot of the time, I've been utterly confused in some acting challenges by who ended up winning and why, which is partly down to good old Rigga Morris and partly down to bad editing that doesn't highlight why the winner was justified in winning. The rough cuts surrounding the wins annoy me greatly too. I'm so tired of 'For winning the challenge, you have run a (jump cut) holiday t- (jump cut) congratulations!' Get your sponsorships together, gurl.
- Most of all, less Rigga Morris and more consistent judging, because BOA shouldn't have been safe when she often was and others winning challenges were just unjustified and odd. It's so odd when you get see that the judging is so out of wack with everything else.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 03:43 PM #177
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

HOW was Priyanka not in the bottom this week? My mind is blown. Yes Jimbo can't do makeup, but it's so obvious they wanted Priyanka in the final they couldn't let her lip sync.

BoBo for the win I guess.

Last edited by Wizard.; 30-08-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 03:45 PM #178
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It was an utterly ridiculous episode, the editing continues to be a problem and the judging makes little sense. Jimbo's makeup was bad but, let's be real, that dress she made should have made her safe as ****, it was the most well constructed thing on that runway. I love Priyanka but, honestly, she should have lipsynced against Rita because the look was terrible and there was basically no reason for her to be safe. It's been made apparent that production probably decided on sending Jimbo home this week and nothing she could have done would have prevented that. The production influence is felt so strongly on this show that All-Stars would blush.

It's a great shame really, we had an interesting cast of queens, a judging panel that was 2/3rds likable and an interesting variety of challenges that made a nice change from the usual acting challenges over and over again and I liked how there was more design challenges than usual but shoddy decisions, editing and poor utilisation of the cast they had has ruined this season.

Things they need to change next season:

- Get rid of Jeffrey, he wasn't as infuriating this episode but he has no business being a permanent judge. He's not entertaining, he's not knowledgeable about drag and he kind of brings the whole show down around him.
- Have Brook and Stacey both handle hosting responsibilities, the whole guest host thing is odd.
- Get new editors and sort out sponsorships, A lot of the time, I've been utterly confused in some acting challenges by who ended up winning and why, which is partly down to good old Rigga Morris and partly down to bad editing that doesn't highlight why the winner was justified in winning. The rough cuts surrounding the wins annoy me greatly too. I'm so tired of 'For winning the challenge, you have run a (jump cut) holiday t- (jump cut) congratulations!' Get your sponsorships together, gurl.
- Most of all, less Rigga Morris and more consistent judging, because BOA shouldn't have been safe when she often was and others winning challenges were just unjustified and odd. It's so odd when you get see that the judging is so out of wack with everything else.
Are you watching on iPlayer? If so I assumed sponsorships were removed by the BBC. Hence why the Blue Peter badge on Drag Race UK.
Old 30-08-2020, 07:37 PM #179
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard. View Post
Are you watching on iPlayer? If so I assumed sponsorships were removed by the BBC. Hence why the Blue Peter badge on Drag Race UK.
Oh, that makes sense, I thought Canada had lost their sponsorships and had took a hatchet to those scenes

Still, the editing is rough though, it's just not cohesive with the narrative the producers are pushing.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:21 AM #180
Nah

Nah

Very happy with the outcome even though the whole season sucked. Priyanka did the best in the final challenge, and she's overall a solid entertainer and performer. Confessional queen too
The good things to come out of the season were Jimbo, Priyanka, and the extended lipsyncs. The rumix was longer than usual (I felt like it was?) so more lyrics which was nice.
Anyway, very happy for Priyanka!
Old 04-09-2020, 09:51 AM #181
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

She won? I heard the winner leaked and it was Rita must've been a last-minute change with her reception throughout the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:55 AM #182
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Priyanka: proof that you can bomb all the challenges you say you're good at and still win, as long as the fans send enough hate to your biggest competition

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:04 AM #183
Nah

Nah

I mean, from the moment you accept that track record doesn't mean anything anymore on Drag Race, then it's an open field and you can feel free to support anyone
Technically I think Bobo had the best track record, but it wasn't good enough in the end. Same goes for Rita, such a good entertainer but she got a weaker ending. I'm not mad at it, any of the three winning would have been fine. But to me personality wise, Priyanka was my winner.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 04-09-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:08 AM #184
Nah

Nah

Though I'm curious as to how they changed it last minute since at the end the judges handed out cards with (I suppose) the winner's name on it. But they still filmed all winning scenarios? Or maybe there were nothing on the cards and just did that for show

We have three good, strong winners this year, it feels right once in a while!

Edit: wait no, I've just seen the video of Priyanka reacting to her crowning, so they filmed different scenarios.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 04-09-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:09 PM #185

Yeah they filmed three endings. They had six months to choose which one haha
zrc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:45 PM #186
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

I mean Bobo clearly have the best U Wear It Well verse and performance and the best lip sync. Priyanka has the best runway, but is that enough to win? Maybe that coupled with public popularity and a hint of Riga Morris.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:03 PM #187
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Pryanka has the face they want to represent Canada drag race. Her win is that simple. I knew she’d win from the very start.
Jimbo was too freaky
Baga was too old
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:04 PM #188
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

...Rita's younger than Jaida Essence Hall

Spoiler:

Old 05-09-2020, 08:05 PM #189
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Though I'm curious as to how they changed it last minute since at the end the judges handed out cards with (I suppose) the winner's name on it. But they still filmed all winning scenarios? Or maybe there were nothing on the cards and just did that for show

We have three good, strong winners this year, it feels right once in a while!

Edit: wait no, I've just seen the video of Priyanka reacting to her crowning, so they filmed different scenarios.
The whole card this is just for show every week. Do we really believe the judges aren’t heavily influence each week as to who should be going home?
Old 05-09-2020, 08:06 PM #190
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
...Rita's younger than Jaida Essence Hall
No way!!!!
Black definitely don’t crack.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:07 PM #191
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

is there a reunion episode or anything?
Old 11-09-2020, 02:19 PM #192
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

The queens coming back in the finale counted as the reunion episode

Spoiler:

Old 11-09-2020, 06:53 PM #193
Banned

Banned

I didn't end up watching the last episode but I'm happy with Priyanka winning. Rita did well but I never really found her all that exciting to watch, and Bobo annoyed the hell out of me.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:57 PM #194
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Watched this over the last few days on iPlayer and I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the judging decisions are definitely iffy and the panel doesn’t quite work, but I thought it was decent for a first season. The cast was decent I thought and a lot of the challenges were better than the ones we’re subjected to on the American seasons sometimes.

JBC was grating but I did warm to him a bit more towards the end. He comes across forced and a lot of his lines feel like he’s reading them from a teleprompter. So I would definitely be not opposed to him being axed.

Rankings:

1. Lemon - (I loved Lemon. She wasn’t fully polished in some of her runways but I thought she always brought it in the challenges. I loved her verse in Not Sorry Aboot It and thought she did great in Snatch Game/the pageant. She was naturally funny and just came across genuinely nice in her talking heads. Hopefully she’ll be back for an All Stars considering she lives in NY.)
2. Priyanka - (Priyanka winning is definitely questionable because she did BAD in several challenges but I just loved her personality and for me she was my winner. She provided great talking heads, turned some great looks and was a stellar lip-synced)
3. Tynomi - (I wanted Tynomi to do well really bad as did all of the other queens in the cast it seemed . She was my favourite for the first few episodes and her exit stung a lot, hopefully with her popularity we’ll see her again.)

4. Jimbo - (I did like Jimbo, but having read the adoration for her on here and Twitter I found her a little overrated. She was likeable and funny but her drag was a little rough around the edges and I think she relied too much on looking like a slut/being cooky. Great snatch game though.)
5. Rita - (Rita was really funny in the talking heads and some of her runway looks were stunning, but she left me feeling a bit flat sometimes. All of her maxi challenge wins were questionable for me too )
6. Anastarszia - (Potential to be a fave but she went really early before she had chance to really shine .)
7. Kiara - (Liked her personality and thought some of her runways were nice.)

8. Scarlett - (Meh. She didn’t stand out for me in a single challenge besides the final and she could be pretty annoying.)
9. Ilona - (She too could be very annoying but I liked some of her runways and she could occasionally be funny.)
10. Juice Boxx - (nothing to say really.)
11. Kyne - (she was pretty funny but also annoyingly delusional and bratty.)
12. BOA - (I didn’t hate her but she too could be bratty and annoying on several occasions. She also did not deserve to make top 7 and receive the regular praise the judges gave her.)
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2nd, announced, begins, canada, drag, july, race