Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 28-08-2020, 11:59 PM #1551

I prooobably should've noticed this but I actually didn't when it occurred back in week 2, and only did because a friend here shown me .

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...ination-badly/

Sooo better change some of THIS real quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Week 5 (Nathan Evicted)
1. Alison (-)
2. Jun (-)
3. Nathan (+3)
4. Jack (-1)
5. Jee (-)

6. Erika (-2)
7. Justin (-)

8. Robert (-)
Week 6 (Justin Evicted)
1. Alison (-)
2. Jun (-)
3. Jee (+1)
4. Jack (-1)

5. Justin (+1)
6. Erika (-1)
7. Robert (-)

Last edited by Epic.; 29-08-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 12:03 PM #1552

Quote:
Week 6 (Justin Evicted)
1. Alison (-)
2. Jun (-)
3. Jee (+1)
4. Jack (-1)

5. Justin (+1)
6. Erika (-1)
7. Robert (-)
Week 7 (Jack Evicted)
1. Alison (-)
2. Jun (-)
3. Jee (-)
4. Jack (-)
5. Erika (-)
6. Robert (-)
Old 30-08-2020, 01:00 AM #1553

Quote:
Week 7 (Jack Evicted)
1. Alison (-)
2. Jun (-)
3. Jee (-)
4. Jack (-)
5. Erika (-)
6. Robert (-)
Week 8 & 9 (Jee Evicted) (Erika Evicted)
1. Alison (-)
2. Jun (-)
3. Jee (-)
4. Erika (-)
5. Robert (-)
Old 30-08-2020, 05:04 PM #1554
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
started bb5! pretty neat first episode. the twist sounds fun i already knew about it since even before watching bbus i think i stumbled across it on youtube. quite looking forward to this season as i don’t rly hear much about this season as i do with like 2, 3 and 6? so haven’t got a clue what happens.

1) karen
2) lori
3) will
4) jennifer
5) adria
6) marvin
7) drew
8) holly
9) jase
10) diane
11) micheal
12) mike
13) scott
good season! had it’s highs definitely the week the twin twist was revealed for example so iconic i loved their rise to evil. diane vs the horsemen also was a great period in the game for me. i thought the end game was pretty strong so many twist / turns (unlike the current state of the show) I would of loved a diane win but she really didn’t do herself any favours in the end.

1) adria (+4)
2) jennifer / nikomis (+2)
3) diane (+7)
4) will (-1)
5) natalie
6) marvin (+1)
7) karen (-6)
8) jase (+3)
9) lori (-7)
10) drew (-2)
11) mike (+2)
12) micheal
13) holly (-4)
13) scott

Last edited by Samm; 30-08-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2020, 03:49 PM #1555

Quote:
At long last, I got around to finishing the first week of BB4. I didn't post anything when I did the premiere a couple weeks ago because I didn't think the houseguests had done enough to warrant enough of an opinion off me, but I know what I think now

Week 1 (Scott walks; Amanda Evicted)
1. Alison
2. Dana
3. David
4. Jun
5. Erika

6. Amanda
7. Michelle
8. Jee
9. Jack
10. Nathan
11. Justin

12. Robert
13. Scott
1. Alison (-) - It's rare that I find someone in a reality show who's prone to so much bad behaviour but always keeps it fresh and never waning in entertaining or inciting my interests the whole way through. The journey Alison went through in BB is something I never thought I'd have encountered; someone so known for being reckless, not trusted by anyone, yet always pulling out some fast tricks every week she's in peril to ride her way to the end. How she could lead people on but toss them aside to others for being aligned with her in the first place was a groundbreaking thing to sit through, and she wasn't even calculated either, she was one of the most brilliantly catastrophic and self-destructive players I ever came across.
2. Jun (+2) - Someone who after a while just got better each passing week really. I actually think Jun could be the best gameplayer I've seen so far. She got critique for floating yeah, but at the same time, it's like this season was catered to floating under her rules. The way she'd have others fall out with each other when both sides in a conflict would usually be aligned with her anyway is pretty wonderful when I think about it. On top of this, even though Alison was definitely the funniest houseguest as far as shock value and unpredictability were concerned, Jun's verbal putdowns about her environment were sharply intelligent and usually pretty rational too, which is why I did root for the season concluding in a F2 none of America asked for .
3. Dana (-1) - If Alison and Jun are what carry the last few weeks, then Dana is who carries the first few. She accomplished so much of a chaotic rise and downfall in the space of only four weeks. From her disastrous HoH reign where she had no idea what she was doing and just want personal in going after the rival in her hilarious feud Alison, only for Alison to be saved and Dana having to scramble at the end, to then being nominated against her only ally in Jun and then trying to band people against Jun, which evidently would never work because Dana kept fucking menial things up for her entire stay .

4. Jee (+4) - My god, what an unexpectedly funny individual. At first, Jee seemed like a pretty plain houseguest, heading an alliance I cared very little for. But then once I noticed his elaborate gameplay plans seemed to always backfire in the worst possible way for him, he became a pretty solid highlight of my viewing. Then even outside of when his targets would almost never go home, the time he won PoV off the back of deciding to starve everyone to only PB & J, followed by trying and winning McDonald's food for himself for a week (plus one HG of his choice a day), such awful actions yet he'd be so confused when he'd be the only one to do these selfish things . And yet of the final 5, he was still the most noble and honest one there, and I had a lot of respect for the patience he had in an environment he wasn't always cut out for.
5. Jack (+4) - Probably the nicest guy in the whole cast who still knew how to run the game if he had the chance with some funny lines and moments in between. Unfortunately he failed all the comps so could never achieve that . It's interesting looking back on the season too, because all his predictions about how people like Alison, Jun and even Justin would cause big things to happen all turned out true, which is why I have even more respect for how he was the only juror who seemed actually happy for Jun/Alison reaching the end in their cutthroat gameplay .
6. Nathan (+4) - Kind of a scream . I have to applaud him in saving us from Alison being out as early as week 3(!!!). Only that would come back to bite him and make him be out two weeks later . Nevertheless, his unbelievably pointless devotion to Alison that lead to her sapping away at his dignity and making him fall out with people was something I never grew tired of, even when he was in the jury house and was lonely, desperate for female attention and STILL wanted to cosy up to her again .

7. Amanda (-1) - I didn't really learn anything about her while she was there, but the early explosivity she got into regarding David/Michelle's ex-relationship was something .
8. Michelle (-1) - I grew a lot of sympathy in how blindsided she was and how everyone pretty much lied to her she wouldn't be the second evicted ( ), but outside of that she wasn't that much of a loss either.
9. David (-6) - Errhh, on the one hand, his aloofness in doing anything at the drop of a hat was vaguely entertaining, but having sex with Amanda and then lying to his ex-girlfriend that he didn't was pretty sketchy stuff, and his zero guilt in any of it was a bit annoying.
10. Justin (+1) - He really doesn't entertain me in any way, but the relationship with Dana and how he fell out with Alison were things I liked.

11. Erika (-6) - She started out promising as a lone player who could get ahead off the communication of others, sort of in a more fair-playing way than Jun, and I liked her alliance with Jack. But I can't excuse the early racism comments about Jee or how she kept acting on Robert's good side in her last few weeks despite admitting to wanting him out of the house. Easily my least favourite female of the cast.
12. Scott (+1) - Painful to sit through his melodramatic breakdowns, I hope he received the help he needed.

13. Robert (-1) - Ugh! Not only was he a raging sexist who slut-shamed women on more than one occasion whenever bested by them, he, even more angering than this, put on a nice guy front of some dad who just wants to do right for his daughter and means no harm on people. It makes me almost puke in my mouth. He felt like a total add-on to the F3 after he got that far, in fact I would've thought given his skeevy, meek gameplay that he would have been evicted much sooner, but no I had to put up with him the whole season pretty much, and opposite to Jun, he just got worse and worse.

This stands tall as one of the most morbid but fascinating seasons of BBUS I've ever watched. Its quality may have only been carried by a small few people and that lets it down a bit, but the actual content on display wasn't similar to anything I ever watched. There's a sombre atmosphere for most of the length but still a heightened, comical energy because of some of the heavy emotion-fuelled houseguests. It's really the season of Alison and Jun, so in that respect the way its shaped by them makes it a worthwhile season to sit through, and the gameplay was much different to BB2/3, not just because the PoV rules changed, but because this far into the franchise, houseguests knew more about how the game should go, so had more alternating motives from each other rather than it really ever being that unanimous in the voting, which would explain why it was so dark and endearing, and why it gradually became more twisted as time went on in a good way .

Last edited by Epic.; 31-08-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:02 PM #1556

BB5 Week 1 (Mike Evicted)
1. Will
2. Mike
3. Jennifer
4. Diane
5. Holly
6. Marvin

7. Adria
8. Karen

9. Lori
10. Michael
11. Drew

12. Natalie
13. Jase
14. Scott

Last edited by Epic.; 04-09-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:19 AM #1557
we

Favourites:

we

Favourites:

having now watched all of BB2-BB6, i wanted to watch the two CBBs before getting into BB7. since I heard they're the only redeeming qualities of the modern era, i loved CBB1. rank:

1. omarosa
2. shannon
3. ariadna
4. brandi
5. metta
6. james
7. keshia
8. ross
9. mark
10. marissa
11. chuck

i'm at the first eviction of CBB2 now and omg this cast such a mess. so refreshing. i screamed at natalie "what's are final two name?!?!" to lolo as tamar is just on the bed and then lolo fumed at tamar's throat punch joke following that kandi vs tamar and then lolo targeting ryan and jonathan

ep 4 (live eviction):

1. lolo
2. natalie
3. tamar
4. kandi
5. dina
6. ricky
7. joey
8. anthony
9. kato
10. ryan
11. jonathan
12. tom
Old 09-09-2020, 09:21 AM #1558
we

Favourites:

we

Favourites:

what i love about CBB is that all the typical "ultra jocks" are just dumb recruits who are just hilarious to watch

Last edited by Samm; 09-09-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:11 PM #1559

Quote:
BB5 Week 1 (Mike Evicted)
1. Will
2. Mike
3. Jennifer
4. Diane
5. Holly
6. Marvin

7. Adria
8. Karen

9. Lori
10. Michael
11. Drew

12. Natalie
13. Jase
14. Scott
BB5
1. Diane (+3) - Her journey is possibly the best thing about this season, which I realise is a bit unpopular given the way she bows out, but I'll touch on that shortly. Diane is one example of the type of people you'd want to play competitive reality shows; game-savvy, instinctively intelligent, but also human in their flaws and consistent in delivering many relatable dialogues and moments. And as for what goes on for Diane in this season, she more or less ruled the house without ever making it obvious and eventually it caught up to her with several bitter and maybe even jealous individuals. Then she realised her original alliance wouldn't favour her by the end so thought her best bet would be vying with her showmance partner who she thought could bring her to the end where she doesn't think she'd win but have a chance, but then after making so many genius and entertaining moves throughout the season, she gets dealt a massive one at her right till to the end . Maayybe she didn't play things perfect, but her sacrificing game to help out someone she practically felt in love with is something that could happen to the best of us at any time . A 21st century rise and fall Shakespearian tragedy of a houseguest
2. Jase (+11) - The biggest opinion change I've had on a US houseguest so far . Jase was far from the nicest houseguest, in fact he was one of the most petty and insecure people to go on the show. But once he loses the insufferable power he wielded at the top of the house, he was capable of carrying the first half of the season all on his own. It's the first time I've seen in a reality show where someone becomes AWARE of how far they've fallen in the eyes of everyone inside and outside their environment. Jase as a result winds up being not only unintentionally hilarious, but notices why it is that they are. He threw himself into corners and confrontations he'd stumble in, he'd make atrocious social game moves, and he was generally a cartoon character trapped in the body of a grown man, but he still persevered in proving he was not a joke of a man even though he was<3. The easiest parallel for him really is like mixing Alan Partridge with Johnny Bravo .
3. Adria (+4) - In a lesser extent to Jase, this is another one I wasn't expecting to like as much as I did. For the first weeks, Adria/Natalie's twin twist fell a bit short for me because it felt like a gimmick where I was hardly really getting to know either of them. But once they were revealed to be both competing and got to compete separate, it lead to this sprawling power control where they become random villains and it was so pointlessly entertaining to sit through . Her sister and ESPECIALLY her were massive hypocrites who bent the rules of honesty when it would suit them but it becomes so absurd that it never feels like they're patronising or smug, just blissfully unaware of things . A perfect tool of temporary saving the value of the season once Jase was gone before the tumultuous endgame after they left.
4. Marvin (+2) - I went so rapidly on and off with him throughout the whole season but that was part of an appeal really. He could be really rude and inappropriate at the drop of a hat but then be the only courageously righteous person in a room. The one thing that stayed true about him was he'd keep you as a viewer invested and laughing in the side-story shenanigans he got up to in the 9~weeks where he was basically dragged that far because there was always a slightly bigger target than him to go after .
5. Nakomis (Jennifer) (-2) - Didn't really thrill me as a viewer but she was refreshing to see as someone who could play the game really cleverly while being honest about it all the whole way through. Her conscience got the better of her at times but that made her shine better in likeable qualities. I was impressed how she took everything that happened good or bad in her stride unlike practically everyone else in this cast.
6. Natalie (+6) - A considerably less interesting twin but not without her own funny moments and catastrophes to her name.
7. Karen (+1) - In a loosely similar way to Marvin, I went off her a couple notable times, and I didn't like how bitter she was about being evicted to the point of being much ruder about people than I thought she would be but she was still a charming albeit under-developed presence to the season.
8. Holly (-3) - So annoying . But like her showmance partner Jase, became so ridiculous (in fact even quicker than him) that I ended up treasuring how vapid and incomprehensible she was about everything and how awful of a social game she had.
9. Mike (-7) - It's hard for me to work out why I randomly liked Mike really. He was moody, complained, and his personality wasn't very vibrant. But he kick-started the drama and divides in the house without realising by alerting the house to how treacherous the Horsemen were and him taking them on by himself was a ballsy, even if foolish thing to do really. I would've probably still had him evicted first based on the options given but there was always that sense to me that he could've given more in the weeks that followed when the house turned on the enemies he warned them about.

10. Will (-9) - So like Bunky in BB2, it's a Southern gay guy with a friendly and clever demeanor to him that initially was one of my early favourites. Like Bunky, I suddenly lost interest in liking him that much but I can't really work out why. I think it might be the same in both cases; they just became so bitter about unnecessary things and it was pretty begrudgingly melodramatic. I know the house had reason to not be keen on the twins but Will just kept carrying on his frustration with them betraying them even when he was in the jury house and it irritated the hell out of me . Outside of that, he was a pretty funny, well-rounded guy. Just never hit the peak of appeal I wanted him to.
11. Lori (-2) - I remember vaguely liking her while she was there and even wanting her to survive over Holly when the plan was put in place to save Lori, ruined by Holly getting vetoed. But apart from winning 10 grand at the beginning of the season, I struggle to name much of what she actually did unfortunately.

12. Drew (-1) - It aggravates me how I was growing to like him more and more with each passing week in the first half and then somewhere along the way, he greatly disappointed me. When he was making valid, decently thought out ideas in the game and with people, I respected and admired his personality. Buut then Diane essentially carries his gameplay for him, he receives little blame for the evictions of others that she gets instead, is never grateful to her or returns any favour to her and was just a shitty boyfriend for her really. And no that's not why him evicting her pissed me off. If he wanted to get her out as a "gameplay move" then go ahead. But the fact is, he was even more likely to beat her in a F2 than he would be against Michael, and she even TOLD him this numerous times, so I think he might have just been looking for an excuse to bring a horsemen with him:/. And even after bringing someone recognised as a house coaster but still mostly liked in the house, it meant Drew only JUST won by 1 vote. Poor end to an otherwise great season.
13. Michael/Cowboy (-3) - I struggle who I like less out of him or Drew . Michael was harmless for the whole season and almost never technically does anything that bad. But I just couldn't abide a single scene of him lmao. He was soppy about everything, cried when he didn't get amazing things he'd want, didn't contribue anything to the game or house dynamic aside from transparent "jokes". It's why I struggle who I even wanted to win out of him or Drew because it was the choice between someone who made a load of pointlessly risky game decisions vs someone who made almost no game decisions at all.

14. Scott (-) - Terrible. I actually have reason to believe he doesn't get as much hate as he should. The way he picked on Diane and said things like comparing her to Saddam Hussein were disgusting, as was targeting his best friend's showmance partner purely because he hwas jealous Jase was getting attention instead of him . He settled down a bit near the end but the void hole of anything remotely okay to sit through was already done.

This season is fundamentally a great one, but one where I swing a bit in my opinion. A lot of its first half gets carried by Jase, while a lot of its second half gets carried by Diane. It leaves all the other people I liked being moreso lukewarm opinions where they're either people I like but have reservations about, or people who I kind of like but don't hit a big value of enjoyment for me. When I think back on this season, a lot of its best things will be because of Diane . Because she was a catalyst for a lot of the closest but unruly interactions within the house and shaped the merciless but likable way the season presented itself. So I do really like it the whole way through, particularly in the Horsemen's downfall and the crazy end-game, but had there been slightly different casting, I may have only thought the season was 'pretty good.' But some great UK series had that same quality too imo (3, 13, 17, 7, etc.). What I won't excuse however is the F2 being the worst one i've seen so far, even though, and in spite of me trying to avoid as much spoilers I can, I'm aware there's many more worse ones to come .

Will post about BB6 tonight!
Old 11-09-2020, 05:50 PM #1560
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

BB5 is an underrated season IMO and better than 4, which for the most part is a bit of a slog that’s saved mainly by Alison and Jun

Adria was awful though and I still think her getting rid of Will has to be one of the dumbest moves of all time

Excited for you to start 6 and the ACTUAL All Stars!
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:56 PM #1561
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Um excuse me but you were not inspired by Adria literally becoming God and smiting The Gay and The Black and forcing the house into letting her break the tie?!
Old 11-09-2020, 06:05 PM #1562
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

BB6 is fantastic

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 10:31 AM #1563

BB6 Week 1 (Ashlea Evicted)
1. Kaysar
2. Ivette
3. April

4. Rachel
5. Jennifer
6. Janelle
7. Howie

8. Beau
9. Sarah
10. James

11. Michael
12. Ashlea
13. Eric
14. Maggie

Last edited by Epic.; 17-09-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Old 17-09-2020, 03:58 PM #1564

Quote:
BB6 Week 1 (Ashlea Evicted)
1. Kaysar
2. Ivette
3. April

4. Rachel
5. Jennifer
6. Janelle
7. Howie

8. Beau
9. Sarah
10. James

11. Michael
12. Ashlea
13. Eric
14. Maggie
BB6
1. Janelle (+5) - It was hard picking a real favourite for this season but I figured my best bet here was Janelle for being able to be down to earth but funny and off the wall as well. I don't think she's some flawless mastermind or exceptionally perfect contestant like many do, but I admired her formidability and bubbly charisma. I think there's a bit of a spark missing from my holding her as a big favourite or anything though.
2. April (+1) - This neurotic beast . It was hard to gauge how April went between an under-developed or highly entertaining individual which docks her lower, but her paranoia and over-thinking nature was a great thing to sit through, even when it was to her catastrophic detriment .
3. Ivette (-1) - This is a tough one because there were several times her bitterness about things became too much and frustrated me, but she wound up being what I saw as the most essential part of this season where a lot of its best moments could've been lost without her. I didn't always agree with Ivette but she made compelling arguments about things, was a hoot at the best of times and it was refreshing that even at her darkest points, there was a humane quality to her that I respected. I didn't like her briefly negative Kaysar fixation, her obvious Janel-ousy, or how she could've won even if she hadn't brought Janelle to the end, but instead chose to not speak up on why she should win over Maggie. So a few small parts of her were disappointing but more often than not, she ticked all the right boxes.

4. Kaysar (-3) - He WAS my favourite while he was there but his fealty on things really did get him out in the end . It's a shame how quickly he came and went and then came and went again, but it never stopped me from lowering my opinion of him as the only methodical and fair-minded person in the game really. His ruling of the Sov-6 and the rise and fall of his power were the saving graces of the first few weeks.
5. James (+5) - Like the top 3 I had, this is another mixed one where I can acknowledge how entertaining the individual's story is but I have some qualms about them. James' sneaky nature as a lone gameplayer once his girlfriend left was an interesting storyline for sure, but a lot of it was his own fault and he never really acknowledged that . Howie made the terrible move in putting him and Sarah up, but he wouldn't have done so had James not went around trying to guarantee his own safety at the cost of everyone else's . I more put him this high because usually his dodginess with people was quite funny.
6. Jennifer (-1) - Jennifer is another one I swung weirdly with. While she was in the house, I was annoyed at how quickly she betrayed Kaysar after giving him her word and not really caring much about doing it, but it was her time in the jury house where she becomes a hate machine that it helps you look back on how her downfall from HoH to being evicted straight after was pretty funny .
7. Rachel (-3) - Not a very exciting houseguest but she was pretty endearing in her self-entitled ditziness and I respected how selfless she was at the end.

8. Beau (-) - I didn't really learn anything about him apart from he had a slight alcohol problem . It's a shame really because in the occasional times he did get focus, I liked some of the lines he came out with, especially in his drunken fight with Janelle .
9. Eric (+4) - I don't know what to make of him. His obsessiveness with morality being very forceful and controlling was very irritating to watch, and the way he'd go personal at people he'd be trying to stop from acting personal was bordering on infuriating, but at the same time, the early weeks while he's there may not have shaped the rest of the season's divide the way it did so I have to thank him for that, and there was a few good qualities in him for when he had the decency to feel bad if he ever crossed the line too much. I'm not *enthralled* by him like some here are however.
10. Sarah (-1) - I think there was some notable good qualities about her but I'm blanking on any i'm afraid .

11. Maggie (+3) - Another disappointing winner after Drew. It's just a shame when you factor in the high-energy nature of BB6 where it's won by someone pretty lifeless within the context of it. I think she made great moves with her alliance like manipulating Howie to nominate two of his own allies (<3) but I can hardly name much she did that was entertaining at all. She was very game-bot in her edit, which I suppose was a big help in her winning, but then again it doesn't feel completely earned because Ivette's surrendering jury performance practically handed her the win and she still only BARELY won.
12. Ashlea (-) - do not remember her doing anything .
13. Howie (-6) - In most other seasons, I would dislike him. His needless antagonising of April for a week was bullying, and the way he'd try and look like the life and soul of the party despite being pretty aggressive and stand-off could be sometimes unbearable, but for as much as people here seem to not like him, within the context of BB6 at least I don't think he's that bad. He had a cute bond with the likes of Janelle and Rachel, his idiocy had some unintentionally funny charm every now and again, and even at his worst sometimes, it's easy to blank him out because of how much other stuff goes on.

14. Michael (-3) - This is a tough choice to have at the bottom, because I enjoyed his fights and general impact on the first few weeks and do think all his assertions about Eric and his group were on-point, but his sexism and lack of boundaries was really unsettling, as was his inability to ever admit being wrong about things made me question his morals.

Many here might regard this as the best season, but i'm not sure I really agree unfortunately. Unlike the previous seasons I watched, this didn't really have anyone i had a profound drawing to like the previous seasons, and there's a sizable amount of people that either don't contribute much (Beau, Sarah, Maggie, Ashlea), or DO contribute but have some really annoying quirks (Eric, Howie, Michael). The previous seasons, even the sort of critically panned 1, had a bit of an ensemble to them where I felt I got to know the people, but this one's a bit all over the place with that . For the most part I did enjoy how unstable the house dynamic was, but there was some development missing from me seeing much fleshed out in most of the people. In the end it became a bit difficult to root for either of the two conflicting alliances, unlike most other people who can find it quite easy. Fortunately, there must've been something addictive about this season for me to finish it in...five days , it's like 4 where it got better each week but it took a bit more time to get there really.
Old 17-09-2020, 04:34 PM #1565
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

How would you rank the first six seasons?
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 12:19 PM #1566

A couple days ago I finished BB7 in the space of less than a week , but neglected to post about it here.

1. Will
2. Danielle
3. Jase
4. Alison

5. James
6. Janelle
7. Marcellas
8. Diane

9. George
10. Kaysar
11. Nakomis

12. Erika
13. Mike
14. Howie

I didn't really bother with full thoughts this time around because almost all of these can just boil down to either improving from when I last saw them being the same but not shining as much, or being worse off than they were before, so instead I'll just summarize each of them. I struggled with a fav, but Will I felt necessary to put on top for ruling the house in a non-obnoxious way where he still had challenges faced and remained hilariously cutthroat intelligent in his lines, even if he seemed more indestructible than he ever was as a lone survivor in BB2. Danielle/Jase/Alison/James also shown another side to them to make me value their legacy in the show more, the first two because I felt they had a more redemptive side and I sided with them even at their lowest points, Alison because she failed so hard , and James for a combination of both points.

I don't think Janelle was nearly as strong as she was before, in fact I'm flummoxed as to how people think she's amazing in this one when she screws up her own game to simp for Dr. Will on so many occasions. She still had similar appeal as she did in 6, but the rootability was growing stale on me. Marcellas/Diane remained worthwhile characters, even at the cost of not being nearly as pivotal as their debut season, George was a lot more likable and unintentionally funny than season one when his attempts of humor cringed my insides. Kaysar/Nakomis showed potential but ended on a whimper for me sadly, especially in Kaysar's unbelievable gullibility two seasons in a row now.

Erika was an UTTER disappointment! I went in expecting me to root for her as some sort of anti-Chilltown rep, but all she did was fall hopelessly in love with Booger while never really getting much reciprocated back and it repulsed me. So of the old school seasons, still the worst female I've seen so far. Mike Boogie I heard was going to be worse than he was in 2, but I couldn't really agree. He still had his moments where he hugely angered me, but he did make some smart moves, even when he wasn't being carried by Will. I still do hate him on the whole but it lightened a bit in 7. Howie I probably didn't mind at all the first few weeks, his obsession with Will was his only identity but it was a humorous minor storyline. But at the jury house, the way he was so proud of how aggressive he got at the end and wanted to do the same to anyone who pissed him off, and the way he got outsmarted in arguments by Marcellas and Chicken George? Yiikes, talk about ruining your (lack thereof) legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
How would you rank the first six seasons?
I don't think people will like this . (I'll include 7 for good measure to talk about it here).

2 - Ticks all the right boxes to invest me the whole way through, has a lot of amazingly memorable personalities, and generally it's chaotic but down-to-earth energy revitalized the appeal of the show.
3 - Aged pretty well for me after leaving it behind. Everyone in the really balanced cast appealed to me in some way and it managed to be a consistently good show whilst still having an air of unpredictability to it.
5 - Another one which aged better after I left it behind for rather similar reasons to 3, though let down a bit by only really being carried by two people for me with the rest I liked being up and down in how much I enjoyed them.
4 - Does get pretty carried by Alison/Jun once Dana leaves, but a season which got noticeably better with each passing week, and the first one that had a uniquely dark edge to it.
6 - It's similar to 4 in that I like its rawer tone and how disjointed it becomes, but SO OVERRATED OMG. Very little of the cast I actually found likable, and most of the ones I did were pretty boring. The house divide had a lot of interesting layers to it, but by the end I couldn't really side with either . I can in some way understand why it's so revered, because it was more heated and twisted in how it portrayed things, but I dunno, something was missing for me.
7 - I swing a lot both ways for this season. The first few weeks when it had a well-known ensemble I really enjoyed, but it's contrasting to 4 in that I thought it got WORSE with each passing week . There's no denying Chilltown were a force to be reckoned with, and there's some entertainment in how they snoop around the house, but after a while it got pretty stale seeing someone fall for their deception TEN weeks in a row? . And the worst part is if you mention this season, it ultimately is defined by them, which is one reason why I felt obliged to put Will on top for the cast . The season doesn't have any other glaring problems thankfully, but that one I just mentioned was a huge hindrance anyways. As I said at the beginning, a lot of the cast either improve on themselves from seasons prior, or dip in quality, but some of them might've been truly great had they been given more of a chance. Similar to 6, there was something missing. Maybe if they replaced a few all-stars with other ones a couple of my gripes would be fixed here.
1 - It's not good obviously, but I think it gets way too much flack off people, most of which have never even watched it. The first 8 weeks while Brittany is there was good for its time back when BB was just supposed to be a show of people living in a house together. The drama brought by her/William/Jordan helped balance that out too. The last four weeks without her there are pretty damn boring though, and are what kills the season for me (Chicken George trying to be entertaining doesn't make anything less boring). I also can't excuse doing evictions (or in BB1's case "banishments" ) every two weeks. The season would not have felt so slow or barren otherwise. It may completely lack "gameplay" or "conflict", but it should partly be appreciated as some sort of relic of what BB was going to be until Survivor's high ratings flushed it dry and made them have to rethink the show.
Old 27-09-2020, 02:50 PM #1567
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
2 - Ticks all the right boxes to invest me the whole way through, has a lot of amazingly memorable personalities, and generally it's chaotic but down-to-earth energy revitalized the appeal of the show.

That was a great season. Have fun with BB8, it’s not great but it’s still got some enjoyable things going for it.

Spoiler:

Old 10-10-2020, 09:04 PM #1568
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

I’ve been watching BB19 over the past few weeks and just finished it. I didn’t really like it It’s basically ran by Paul, most of the drama was draining and it’s pretty much Survivor Redemption Island if Phillip wins. There are a few good things going for it like Jody, Raven’s stories (emphasis on *stories*) even if she was barely shown and the fact that Paul ends up losing after all of that but all in all it’s not very good imo.

Edgic chart:
Spoiler:

Ranking:
1. Cody
2. Raven
3. Jessica
4. Mark
5. Kevin
6. Dominique

7. Ramses
8. Jillian
9. Megan

10. Elena
11. Cameron
12. Jason
13. Matt
14. Christmas
15. Josh
16. Alex
17. Paul

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 10-10-2020 at 09:08 PM.
Old 17-01-2023, 03:31 AM #1569
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
1. Shannon (a Good Superfan who is also a paranoid neurotic )
2. Ariadna (who would've thought she had the best natural skill set for the game?)
3. James (a weirdo and an arrogant douchebag but a complete parody of himself #DeezNuts)
4. Metta (I'm so happy for Topaz that she's not alone in casting the wrong vote)
5. Mark (IDK he was just fun and didn't take himself seriously and that's such a glo up from when he flipped out at the college kid who called him Sugar Gay back in the 90s)
6. Brandi (she's fine! I appreciate her brand of self-awareness but she didn't really do all that much for me)

7. Marissa (obnoxious motormouth who is soooooo annoying but randomly has the best social game the ending grew on me a lot lol)
8. Omarosa (in some regards I appreciate the star power but on the other hand she's literally just clickbait)
9. Chuck (who?)
10. Keshia (kiiiiinda vaguely irritating but her breast milk was A Moment)

11. Ross (just suuuuuuuuuch an annoying gay, I didn't need any Zeke-type of confessionals on Big Brother)

A decently fun season! I didn't think it was stellar but it was fun fluff and a good filler between BB19 and what will surely be an awful BB20.

Decided to do a CBB1 rewatch with some weekly edgic this time and I actually enjoyed it more than I remembered? The season's like entirely driven by the women so it was basically destined to be fun and good no matter what. It looked like it was going to be a women's steamroll for like two whole episodes and then the women imploded and turned on each other which was honestly even better in a lot of ways alol.

Not sure if I feel like doing a proper cast ranking but Shannon is still #1. Omarosa and Brandi and Marissa were the big winners and would move up higher if I did a full ranking, and Ross is probably still towards the bottom but he really didn't bother me as much this time around. Mark, Metta, and kinda James and Ariadna were slightly more underwhelming than I remember and would've fallen a bit.
Old 15-11-2023, 12:12 AM #1570
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

This forum's deader than dead to the point where there wasn't even a proper BB25 thread so I'll post this here:

Good early feeds doesn't cancel out this season being so BAD overall, BB should never be A) during the fall, B) 14 weeks ever again. I thought BB turned over a new leaf after 22 but lol we're back.

1. Felicia (cast more old people on BB! Her cackle, Mister B, smooches, her kinda fight with America, her actual fight with Cirie, like pound for pound Felicia definitely brought It the most and she's just A+ casting)
2. Cirie (mother. We all know why she's great, it'd be almost insulting to have to explain it)
3. Hisam (not super attached to him but a great Pre-Jury downfall arc and his cackle lives on in my head)

4. Blue (kitty kitty purr IS the quote of the summer fall so thanks Miss Blue)
5. Izzy (my brain says she's green but since I wasn't really a feeds monster I never really Got the full Izzy experience so RIP)
6. America (definitely Not the girl who her standom pretends she is but I think the pieces were there and she could've been good? Wish she brought the energy more like when she told Jag to **** off)
7. Cory (everything says I shouldn't like him BUT he was self-deprecating and witty enough that I'm ultimately fine with him)
8. Reilly (I guess situationally interesting for a week or so before she got evicted?)
9. Mecole (she was fun for like a day or two but omg DO SOMETHING)
10. Kirsten (maybe the worst EVER at reading DR cue cards which is truly an impressive feat)
11. Bowie Jane (g'day Julie. Memeable like Kirsten but less fun since the superfandom is in on the joke)
12. Matt (was totally fine with him winning BB off the backs of being a conventionally attractive white dude but then he just kinda became frustratingly stupid and occasionally misogynistic?)

13. Cameron (kind of a gross human BUT in my defense I wasn't a feeds monster so I'm not privy to it all, and his erratic gameplay did occasionally Make **** Happen)
14. Jared (occasionally interesting/a Fields but also kind of gross)
15. Jag (somehow him being boring and stupid was better than whatever he turned into in the endgame?)
16. Red (just Too Country to the point where I was physically uncomfortable)
17. Luke (said the n-word and then tried to capitalize on it??? goodbye)

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 15-11-2023 at 02:39 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2023, 08:28 AM #1571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
This forum's deader than dead to the point where there wasn't even a proper BB25 thread so I'll post this here:

Good early feeds doesn't cancel out this season being so BAD overall, BB should never be A) during the fall, B) 14 weeks ever again. I thought BB turned over a new leaf after 22 but lol we're back.

1. Felicia (cast more old people on BB! Her cackle, Mister B, smooches, her kinda fight with America, her actual fight with Cirie, like pound for pound Felicia definitely brought It the most and she's just A+ casting)
2. Cirie (mother. We all know why she's great, it'd be almost insulting to have to explain it)
3. Hisam (not super attached to him but a great Pre-Jury downfall arc and his cackle lives on in my head)

4. Blue (kitty kitty purr IS the quote of the summer fall so thanks Miss Blue)
5. Izzy (my brain says she's green but since I wasn't really a feeds monster I never really Got the full Izzy experience so RIP)
6. America (definitely Not the girl who her standom pretends she is but I think the pieces were there and she could've been good? Wish she brought the energy more like when she told Jag to **** off)
7. Cory (everything says I shouldn't like him BUT he was self-deprecating and witty enough that I'm ultimately fine with him)
8. Reilly (I guess situationally interesting for a week or so before she got evicted?)
9. Mecole (she was fun for like a day or two but omg DO SOMETHING)
10. Kirsten (maybe the worst EVER at reading DR cue cards which is truly an impressive feat)
11. Bowie Jane (g'day Julie. Memeable like Kirsten but less fun since the superfandom is in on the joke)
12. Matt (was totally fine with him winning BB off the backs of being a conventionally attractive white dude but then he just kinda became frustratingly stupid and occasionally misogynistic?)

13. Cameron (kind of a gross human BUT in my defense I wasn't a feeds monster so I'm not privy to it all, and his erratic gameplay did occasionally Make **** Happen)
14. Jared (occasionally interesting/a Fields but also kind of gross)
15. Jag (somehow him being boring and stupid was better than whatever he turned into in the endgame?)
16. Red (just Too Country to the point where I was physically uncomfortable)
17. Luke (said the n-word and then tried to capitalize on it??? goodbye)

Where is this being shown ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbus, thread, watch or rewatch