Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 30-10-2020, 03:23 PM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Yip he will have a job and a salary come what may, so carrying on using him as an excuse is silly, everyone was right behind lockdown because we knew little about the virus, now we know we have to live with it for the foreseeable
Who's using him as an excuse, that is what happened at the time if you remember...we still know little about the virus tbh, not that much has changed on that front. We knew it wasn't just going to go away in spring.

My earlier point was that these business meetings are just as much of a threat to the economy as family meet ups. And business will be impacted massively by that too. There are no winners in that scenario.
Old 30-10-2020, 03:34 PM #27
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Saw this on fb last night and the amount of people laughing and or applauding it was actually ridiculous

How about grow the hell up, stick to the guidelines like we are supposed to, stop being selfish and risking family and others so we can possibly move on from this in the near future.
The guy has already lost his grandpa who he was prevented from visiting due to covid, to then find out that meetings are still going ahead due to some silly loophole, those boozy business lunchers are then going out seeding the community. ..where's the logic in that?

Why is that guys grandpa dying alone and for others it's literally business as usual?

Im really happy he has brought this out in the open, hopefully now all the loopholes will be closed and nobody will be put at risk.
Old 30-10-2020, 03:57 PM #28
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Bingo! The whole country was 100% behind the lock down, until Cummings broke lockdown. Then the public faith in the rules was ruined.

Quote:
Who's using him as an excuse, that is what happened at the time if you remember...we still know little about the virus tbh, not that much has changed on that front. We knew it wasn't just going to go away in spring.

My earlier point was that these business meetings are just as much of a threat to the economy as family meet ups. And business will be impacted massively by that too. There are no winners in that scenario.
You? although you can add in St Jeremy and Margaret Covid to the mix now if you must

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 04:00 PM #29

Quote:
The guy has already lost his grandpa who he was prevented from visiting due to covid, to then find out that meetings are still going ahead due to some silly loophole, those boozy business lunchers are then going out seeding the community. ..where's the logic in that?

Why is that guys grandpa dying alone and for others it's literally business as usual?

Im really happy he has brought this out in the open, hopefully now all the loopholes will be closed and nobody will be put at risk.
Hes brought it out and theres lots of people going to copy him again breaking the guidelines, lots of people have lost family members and friends they dont then go out of their way to find a loophole to ignore rules, where is the sense in that?

It was a completely irresponsible thing for him to do IMO
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 04:06 PM #30
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
[/B]

You? although you can add in St Jeremy and Margaret Covid to the mix now if you must
I'm not 'carrying on' using him as an excuse during this second wave. My point was that was the turning point for much of the public during the first wave.
I see you've thrown in Corbyn and someone else not sure what the purpose of that was. He is quite rich though, maybe he doesn't care about the economy either?
Old 30-10-2020, 04:11 PM #31
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Hes brought it out and theres lots of people going to copy him again breaking the guidelines, lots of people have lost family members and friends they dont then go out of their way to find a loophole to ignore rules, where is the sense in that?

It was a completely irresponsible thing for him to do IMO
They cant copy him if the rules have changed now can they? That was the whole point, he could've just done it and kept quiet about it and seen his family. But he wanted to expose the hypocrisy. And it worked.
Old 30-10-2020, 04:11 PM #32
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not 'carrying on' using him as an excuse during this second wave. My point was that was the turning point for much of the public during the first wave.
I see you've thrown in Corbyn and someone else not sure what the purpose of that was. He is quite rich though, maybe he doesn't care about the economy either?
Do I have to explain everything in triplicate, they broke lockdown rules too....

Someone else got on train and travelled to London despite having symptoms and then travelled back to Scotland on a different train despite testing positive....

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 30-10-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 04:15 PM #33

Quote:
They cant copy him if the rules have changed now can they? That was the whole point, he could've just done it and kept quiet about it and seen his family. But he wanted to expose the hypocrisy. And it worked.
Where does it state the rules have been changed?

And regardless of that he is still willing to risk his family members and friends by what he is doing just to get 1 up against the government

Comes across as an irresponsible prick imo.
Old 30-10-2020, 04:16 PM #34
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Do I have to explain everything in triplicate, they broke lockdown rules too....

Someone else got on train and travelled to London despite having symptoms and then travelled back to Scotland on a different train despite testing positive....
You're coming across a bit rude here...

I mentioned Cummings as the reason for the loss of faith in lock down. I'm aware that after that there were others, it makes no baring on my original point though.
Old 30-10-2020, 04:18 PM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Where does it state the rules have been changed?

And regardless of that he is still willing to risk his family members and friends by what he is doing just to get 1 up against the government

Comes across as an irresponsible prick imo.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...shire-54730767

The conference rules still say up to 30 meeting however I can see this changing in the next few days now hopefully.
You may think he's a prick but I think he brought a very important issue to the fore with this... we ALL have to be singing from the same hymnsheet or it won't work.

Last edited by Kizzy; 30-10-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 04:22 PM #36
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

We were all thinking it
Old 30-10-2020, 04:22 PM #37

Quote:
Ah right thanks I knew I hadnt read it in the OP article.

Well something good came of it at least however the guy posting on social media just to get 1 up on the government instead of dealing with it privately has encouraged others to try finding loopholes or just continue to blatantly ignore rules.

Still completely irresponsible IMO

Last edited by Josy; 30-10-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
avoid, business, employ, family, man, pays, rule, set, £6