Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-11-2020, 12:14 PM #26
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
i only keep in touch as he is a big Hammers fan

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 12:15 PM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Can some one explain how you get obsese and develop diabetes in prison, do you get as much as you want to eat or what?
?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 13-11-2020, 12:19 PM #28
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
?
You take in more calories than you burn off. If he was living a sedentary life, then it would be fairly easy even without a daily diet of bacon and cheese.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 13-11-2020 at 12:20 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 12:23 PM #29

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
?
Queens hotel is clearly giving them too much food , I always said UK prison seems more like a holiday camp to them .
Old 13-11-2020, 12:57 PM #30
Banned

Banned

May he rest in piss.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 01:11 PM #31
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
i only keep in touch as he is a big Hammers fan
Over here son, on me head.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 01:14 PM #32

Quote:
Can some one explain how you get obsese and develop diabetes in prison, do you get as much as you want to eat or what?
Cherie, you can earn money in prison and use it to purchase goods and food...family or friends can send money to prisoner accounts too. If he wasnt burning the calories and was eating lots of cakes and biscuits..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 01:31 PM #33

Arrogant to the bitter end: How Yorkshire Ripper bragged
he wouldn't catch Covid in jail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-dead-74.html
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 01:31 PM #34
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Queens hotel is clearly giving them too much food , I always said UK prison seems more like a holiday camp to them .
Have you ever been to prison? I haven't, but I think it's foolish to act like it's some easy thing when a lot of people who make out that it's a summer camp would struggle to deal with it.
Old 13-11-2020, 01:45 PM #35
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Have you ever been to prison? I haven't, but I think it's foolish to act like it's some easy thing when a lot of people who make out that it's a summer camp would struggle to deal with it.
My wife has spent the last year working with people who are constantly in and out of prison and they ALWAYS come out swearing that they'll never go back (though sadly, ultimately failing such is addiction). But yeah, these are people living in slum flats or sometimes straight up homeless and they describe prison as being utterly miserable... So I agree I don't think it's a holiday camp by any stretch of the imagination. And that's "petty prison", not the hard prison with the seriously dangerous people.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 01:46 PM #36
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...and in contrast and balance...the goodness of someone as well......

Son of Ripper victim called Sutcliffe’s brother to ‘offer condolences’...

The son of the Yorkshire Ripper’s first recognised victim said he reached out to the serial killer’s brother “to offer my condolences” after hearing the news of his death.

Richard McCann was only five years old when his mother, Wilma McCann, was murdered in 1975.

He revealed he had been in touch with one of Peter Sutcliffe’s brothers, Carl, following the news that the murderer had died in prison on Friday.

Mr McCann told the BBC: “I gave him a call when I got the news to offer my condolences.

“Carl Sutcliffe reached out to me many years ago when he read about my journey – he reached out to me with compassion and I felt the same.

“I know he obviously did some horrendous things but he was still his brother so I felt like I wanted to call him.”

He said news of Sutcliffe’s death had brought him “some degree of closure”, but he had never wished him dead and nor was he celebrating the news.

He said: “Every time we hear a news story about him, and my mum’s photo is often shown, it’s just another reminder of what he did.”

Mr McCann said “one positive” to come from Sutcliffe’s death is that “we’ll hear much less about him, and no more reminders about what happened all those years ago”.

Mother-of-four Ms McCann was just 28 when she was killed on playing fields in Chapeltown, Leeds, yards from her home.

Her son said he was left terrified after his mother’s death, and when Sutcliffe killed Jayne MacDonald, who also lived in his street.

Mr McCann said: “I was convinced as a child, having had no therapy of any description, that he was out there and that he was going to kill me.

“It really affected me. I was ashamed of being associated with Sutcliffe and all his crimes and, possibly, to do with the way that lots of people in society looked down, and the police and some of the media – describing some of the women as innocent and some not so innocent.

“I’m sorry to harp on about this but I’ve had to live with that shame for all these years.

“There’s only one person that should have felt any shame – although I doubt that he did – and that was Peter Sutcliffe.”

Mr McCann appealed to West Yorkshire Police to make a formal apology for the way in which his mother and other victims of Sutcliffe were described by officers in the 1970s.

He said he wants the force “once and for all” to “apologise to the families, who are still around, for the way in which they described some of the women as ‘innocent’, inferring that some were not innocent – including my mum”.

He added: “I’d invite them to make that apology. They were innocent and it would set the records straight.

“I want her to be remembered as the mother of four children, the daughter of her parents.

“She was a family woman who, through no fault of her own, was going through adversity and made some bad decisions, some risky decisions.

“She paid for those decisions with her life.”

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “We have received correspondence from Mr McCann and commit to continue to engage with him directly.”
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 01:48 PM #37
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...if he was in isolation for much of his time there, then lack of exercise etc, could be a huge factor with his weight as well...
Old 13-11-2020, 01:52 PM #38
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...and in contrast and balance...the goodness of someone as well......

Son of Ripper victim called Sutcliffe’s brother to ‘offer condolences’...

The son of the Yorkshire Ripper’s first recognised victim said he reached out to the serial killer’s brother “to offer my condolences” after hearing the news of his death.

Richard McCann was only five years old when his mother, Wilma McCann, was murdered in 1975.

He revealed he had been in touch with one of Peter Sutcliffe’s brothers, Carl, following the news that the murderer had died in prison on Friday.

Mr McCann told the BBC: “I gave him a call when I got the news to offer my condolences.

“Carl Sutcliffe reached out to me many years ago when he read about my journey – he reached out to me with compassion and I felt the same.

“I know he obviously did some horrendous things but he was still his brother so I felt like I wanted to call him.”

He said news of Sutcliffe’s death had brought him “some degree of closure”, but he had never wished him dead and nor was he celebrating the news.

He said: “Every time we hear a news story about him, and my mum’s photo is often shown, it’s just another reminder of what he did.”

Mr McCann said “one positive” to come from Sutcliffe’s death is that “we’ll hear much less about him, and no more reminders about what happened all those years ago”.

Mother-of-four Ms McCann was just 28 when she was killed on playing fields in Chapeltown, Leeds, yards from her home.

Her son said he was left terrified after his mother’s death, and when Sutcliffe killed Jayne MacDonald, who also lived in his street.

Mr McCann said: “I was convinced as a child, having had no therapy of any description, that he was out there and that he was going to kill me.

“It really affected me. I was ashamed of being associated with Sutcliffe and all his crimes and, possibly, to do with the way that lots of people in society looked down, and the police and some of the media – describing some of the women as innocent and some not so innocent.

“I’m sorry to harp on about this but I’ve had to live with that shame for all these years.

“There’s only one person that should have felt any shame – although I doubt that he did – and that was Peter Sutcliffe.”

Mr McCann appealed to West Yorkshire Police to make a formal apology for the way in which his mother and other victims of Sutcliffe were described by officers in the 1970s.

He said he wants the force “once and for all” to “apologise to the families, who are still around, for the way in which they described some of the women as ‘innocent’, inferring that some were not innocent – including my mum”.

He added: “I’d invite them to make that apology. They were innocent and it would set the records straight.

“I want her to be remembered as the mother of four children, the daughter of her parents.

“She was a family woman who, through no fault of her own, was going through adversity and made some bad decisions, some risky decisions.

“She paid for those decisions with her life.”

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “We have received correspondence from Mr McCann and commit to continue to engage with him directly.”
That's kind of him, it's easy to forget that these monsters have innocent families who likely struggle with complex feelings regarding what they've done. You may turn your back on someone, and cut them out of your life (Or the opposite) but it still doesn't make the grief easier.
Old 13-11-2020, 01:56 PM #39
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Cherie, you can earn money in prison and use it to purchase goods and food...family or friends can send money to prisoner accounts too. If he wasnt burning the calories and was eating lots of cakes and biscuits..
yeah I get that but to get obsese and become diabetic even without exercise you would have to be eating a hell of a lot of stuff

Old 13-11-2020, 02:04 PM #40
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
That's kind of him, it's easy to forget that these monsters have innocent families who likely struggle with complex feelings regarding what they've done. You may turn your back on someone, and cut them out of your life (Or the opposite) but it still doesn't make the grief easier.
...also because Peter Sutcliffe’s brother had reached out to him as well in hearing of his life journey...so many victims extending out from those violent crimes...
Old 13-11-2020, 02:11 PM #41
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I remember being terrified of him as a kid, news of him was everywhere in Leeds.
Thinking about it there hasn't been much mentioned about the covid death rate in prisons he can't be the first.

Last edited by Kizzy; 13-11-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 02:20 PM #42

Quote:
yeah I get that but to get obsese and become diabetic even without exercise you would have to be eating a hell of a lot of stuff

I guess it just built up over the years...poor diet and lack of excercise.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 05:59 PM #43

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Depends.
If he was insulin dependant then the weight could pile on.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 06:55 PM #44

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
You take in more calories than you burn off. If he was living a sedentary life, then it would be fairly easy even without a daily diet of bacon and cheese.
Wasnt he a lorry driver?..sitting sweating in his own stew, eating grease rolls at the side of the road?
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 07:07 PM #45
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Wasnt he a lorry driver?..sitting sweating in his own stew, eating grease rolls at the side of the road?
He'd been in prison for nearly 40 years so ... I don't think he's been eating greasy rolls at the side of the road any time recently.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 01:03 AM #46

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isaac
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isaac
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

RIP icon (for all the wrong reasons mind!)

Aaliyah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 01:37 AM #47

A successful COVID vaccine, Trump beaten, Cummings gone and now THIS all in the space of a few small weeks!?

2020 giving back in time for Christmas.

Last edited by LaLaLand; 14-11-2020 at 01:40 AM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 01:40 AM #48

A mate of my Dad's used to work at a local factory near here like on the gate and TYR was one of the regular delivery drivers, became a good acquaintance of his, always talked and what not when he brought the deliveries.

My Dad's mate remembers mentioning about the murders to him one time because he knew "Pete" was from that area. Creepy.

Last edited by LaLaLand; 14-11-2020 at 01:41 AM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 02:27 AM #49

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 04:46 AM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Dezzy I know , I'm just saying the rules and that still seem softer on prisoners. I'm not saying the UK should be as brutal as other prisons around the world.

But Its as if some criminals treat it like a casual place ,as so many of them are in and out without a care. Especially if they know they'll only be in there for a short while.

They get full meals, can even have access to courses , internet ,some even have the audacity to stream themselves in the cell laughing with a mobile phone that they shouldn't have !. They get given a chance to rehabilitate . Look at how many chances venebles got and he still abused it .

Some sickos should just stay in prison to rot like the Yorkshire ripper .

Granted of course it would be a hard time in prison, no I've never been so I can only imagine the trouble and nightmares some might face. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park for everyone.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 14-11-2020 at 04:52 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
covid, dies, ripper, yorkshire