Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 11-12-2020, 07:10 PM #101
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
About to tuck in.

I’m mosted tempted by Nomad too. Being new to Night City myself and all. Will feel
Abit weird seeing some Drifter type fella going around using all this cyber and futuristic gear though haha.

Might have to be blades and melee for realism purposes
It's not really like that to be fair (from what I know of them so far anyway) - the nomads aren't primitive or tribal or anything, they're essentially just people who don't live in the city... Having sort of rejected the whole "corporate lifestyle" and preferring to live free (but poor) outside the city limits. As far as I understand it that is. I'm basically still at the beginning because I've just been driving around and doing side quests and bounties and stuff. I'm sure there's plenty of lore to come throughout the game!

However I thoroughly recommend giving blades a go because the most fun I've had in the game thus far was hunting down a bounty in his night club, which I went through at speed using just a katana. It was so brutal... heads and limbs everywhere . And that's without any of the melee perks or upgrades yet, I think it'll be a blast with augments.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:18 AM #102
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Old 12-12-2020, 12:36 PM #103

A Journalist had a Seizure
because of the light flickering

France24HD Tech show
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:43 PM #104
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

They've patch that now, arista
Old 14-12-2020, 11:40 AM #105
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Is it worth a purchase? Will there be multi-player for Arista and I to indulge in?
Old 14-12-2020, 11:45 AM #106
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Is it worth a purchase? Will there be multi-player for Arista and I to indulge in?
There's no multiplayer, whether it's worth a purchase is a multi-layered answer...

1) It is a fantastic game so if you have a recent gaming PC, PS5 or Series X - YES absolutely.

2) If you have an Xbone X or a PS4-Pro and don't mind framerate drops in a game that has first person shooting mechanics for combat, then still yes (though I consider this sociopathy)

3) If you have an OG PS4 or Xbox One, or a PC with anything less than a recent i7 and a GTX1080ti, I'd have to say no. It has (massive) optimisation issues at present and just isn't functional sadly. Might improve with patches... probs not much... I think they'll just rely on the fact that it'll run like a dream on up to date PC's and next-gen consoles once they optimise the "proper" next gen version.

[edit to add]

I just remember that you had or have a PS5? If you're interested or not gasping to play it, I would advise waiting for the "real" PS5 version which is likely to be Q1 2021, almost certainly worth holding out for the "best" experience unless you're itching for it. I think it's a free upgrade anyway... but if you can wait, might as well start out with the better version.

I'm well into it now but lowkey wish I had waited until I have a RTX3080 because from what I've seen, it looks stunning with Ray Tracing.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 14-12-2020 at 11:48 AM.
Old 14-12-2020, 11:53 AM #107
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
There's no multiplayer, whether it's worth a purchase is a multi-layered answer...

1) It is a fantastic game so if you have a recent gaming PC, PS5 or Series X - YES absolutely.

2) If you have an Xbone X or a PS4-Pro and don't mind framerate drops in a game that has first person shooting mechanics for combat, then still yes (though I consider this sociopathy)

3) If you have an OG PS4 or Xbox One, or a PC with anything less than a recent i7 and a GTX1080ti, I'd have to say no. It has (massive) optimisation issues at present and just isn't functional sadly. Might improve with patches... probs not much... I think they'll just rely on the fact that it'll run like a dream on up to date PC's and next-gen consoles once they optimise the "proper" next gen version.

[edit to add]

I just remember that you had or have a PS5? If you're interested or not gasping to play it, I would advise waiting for the "real" PS5 version which is likely to be Q1 2021, almost certainly worth holding out for the "best" experience unless you're itching for it. I think it's a free upgrade anyway... but if you can wait, might as well start out with the better version.

I'm well into it now but lowkey wish I had waited until I have a RTX3080 because from what I've seen, it looks stunning with Ray Tracing.
Thanks for the detailed response.

Yeah, I have my new/new PS5 now, happily working as intended.

It's pretty cheap at the moment on PS Store (about Ł40ish), so I don't want to get hit with a Ł70 PS5 release price. I might just get it and leave it in the library until the upgrade arrives.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 14-12-2020 at 11:55 AM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2020, 11:59 AM #108
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

it's first person? Is there a 3rd person option at all?
Old 14-12-2020, 12:21 PM #109
-

-

Quote:
it's first person? Is there a 3rd person option at all?
The only 3rd person elements are driving. Bizarrely, there's a (very*) detailed character customization at the beginning and a tonne of clothing/armor options but the only time you actually see your guy is on the inventory screen and if you're riding a motorbike .

* You can literally choose whether or not to have foreskin

[edit] Actually now that I say that, combined with above, I've just realised that you'll be able to see yourself all over the place with ray-traced reflections . In puddles, metal surfaces, car windows... A future-proof penis option.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 14-12-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old 14-12-2020, 12:51 PM #110
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

I hate first person games as a rule (with or without foreskin ), but dishonoured is one of my favourite series. Think I'll leave it for a bit and see what happens.
Old 14-12-2020, 01:54 PM #111
-

-

Quote:
I hate first person games as a rule (with or without foreskin ), but dishonoured is one of my favourite series. Think I'll leave it for a bit and see what happens.
It's not my favourite genre in general, I tend to much prefer 3rd person, but it's definitely an RPG not a Shooter - it plays like a more refined/tighter/more story driven Fallout or Elder Scrolls basically. But yeah like I said, if you're not itching to play I would possibly not only wait for PS5 version, but maybe even an inevitable GOTY version with bugs ironed out and inevitable DLC... it's a great game but the "definitive" version of it is most likely a year+ away.
Old 14-12-2020, 03:12 PM #112
-

-

Does anybody know what the request backup quickhack even does? I assumed it turned an enemy friendly and made them fight for you bc that’s what the description sounds like but when you use it in combat nothing happens??
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2020, 03:13 PM #113
-

-

I’m playing on base ps4 and haven’t encountered that many issues so far

It’s crashed once and the graphics are a bit messy (especially when you use a computer monitor in the game - it looks horrible) but other than that it’s been fine
Old 14-12-2020, 03:16 PM #114
-

-

Quote:
dishonoured is one of my favourite series.

Old 14-12-2020, 10:40 PM #115
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Heh, so in a weird twist of events a local retailer got a dozen Series S in stock. The sudden realisation that I've never seen a game in 4K and never need to coupled with the fact that I'm a-OK with Game Pass/no physical media and the - well - insanely low cost price of the unit meant I snapped it up completely impromptu.

Seriously impressive bit of kit. It's perfect for what I want in a game console for someone who just dips in obsessively for a few weeks then goes half a year without buying a new title. Instant on, instant off. Got my OG Saints Row, Crackdown, Oblivion etc all upscaled.

I digress, though. Took Cyberpunk for a ride on it.

This is the weirdest ****ing game I've ever played from a technical standpoint. Took ages to get to free roaming but as soon as I did, I wasn't quite sure what was happening.

Confident enough in the Series S hardware - and having seen the Digital Foundry videos - that what I'm running is on par with a mid-high range gaming PC. It's so...weird though.

One minute it looks like the most ambitious, ballsy game world I've ever seen. The next it looks like something I'm not meant to be playing yet. It makes it oddly fun. It goes from wow to ugly faster than any game I've ever seen.

Oh well. 10/10 for fun so far. The corpo floating taxi to the club really felt proper like "There's never been a game like this before, this is new gen."

Then I punched a dude selling noodles in the jaw and his pelvis vibrated into the floor and made the road flicker.

Fun!
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2020, 11:06 PM #116
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

It looks great on the PS5, generally. I hear the Xbox-S is a little less powerful than the PS5 or Series X, I wonder how different it looks? That being said, there isnt a real next gen update yet, that comes next year
Old 15-12-2020, 12:03 AM #117
-

-

There's allegedly a large patch dropping in early Jan that should increase performance on the OG consoles and fix a lot of bugs/glitches. I haven't encountered any thing too glaring though still. The biggest was the dead guy spinning round the room (the guy you kill just before getting the girl out of the tub on the very first mission) but nothing like that has happened since and it was right at the beginning. And also, funny.

I did get the "talk to viktor" bug which is technically game breaking but thankfully I clocked it as a bug and looked up the fix straight away. Basically, the game gets stuck on the "talk to viktor" quest checkbox permanently. The fix is simple, you just quicksave and reload, and it will flag as complete and you carry on... The issue is, all of the various little side quests open up at this point, and one of the dialogue options is to pay off the surgery debt. So apparently, a lot of people went off I to the world, thinking you had to grind side quests until you could afford to pay him... Which isn't that hard... You can do it in maybe an hour or two... Except that when you go back to pay him, it doesn't fix the bug, and the dave/reload method no longer fixes it. So you have to reload the earlier save and lose anything you did when off earning the money to pay him. And if you've saved over that save... You have to restart. Not a huge issue I guess as its so close to the beginning, but yeah... I'm glad I sussed it as a bug and googled .
Old 15-12-2020, 02:37 AM #118

Game only crashed once right at the very beginning. Hasn’t since.

Only annoying bug for me is it takes a while to change to Third Person when driving. The graphics are a disappointment for sure, but I’m really enjoying it and there’s enough to keep me entertained, I haven’t even got that far into the story because I just keep doing side gigs, weapon hunting(found a Free Mantis blades and the gun that speaks to you? ) along with crime preventions etc.

Definitely going to start focusing more on the perks and cyberware now and my V should be a stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
There's allegedly a large patch dropping in early Jan that should increase performance on the OG consoles and fix a lot of bugs/glitches. I haven't encountered any thing too glaring though still. The biggest was the dead guy spinning round the room (the guy you kill just before getting the girl out of the tub on the very first mission) but nothing like that has happened since and it was right at the beginning. And also, funny.

I did get the "talk to viktor" bug which is technically game breaking but thankfully I clocked it as a bug and looked up the fix straight away. Basically, the game gets stuck on the "talk to viktor" quest checkbox permanently. The fix is simple, you just quicksave and reload, and it will flag as complete and you carry on... The issue is, all of the various little side quests open up at this point, and one of the dialogue options is to pay off the surgery debt. So apparently, a lot of people went off I to the world, thinking you had to grind side quests until you could afford to pay him... Which isn't that hard... You can do it in maybe an hour or two... Except that when you go back to pay him, it doesn't fix the bug, and the dave/reload method no longer fixes it. So you have to reload the earlier save and lose anything you did when off earning the money to pay him. And if you've saved over that save... You have to restart. Not a huge issue I guess as its so close to the beginning, but yeah... I'm glad I sussed it as a bug and googled .
****. You just reminded me I need to pay Viktor. Poor guy

Clearing my debt is first thing I must do when I play It again.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 15-12-2020 at 02:41 AM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 02:51 AM #119
Banned

Banned

I've got these laser whip things in my arms that are pretty fun.

At the moment, i'm pretty much destroying everyone in my path with a revolver, a shotgun, a katana and my laser whip thing.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 06:52 AM #120
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Game only crashed once right at the very beginning. Hasn’t since.

Only annoying bug for me is it takes a while to change to Third Person when driving.
I haven't actually had ANY full crashes which is pretty impressive for a game that has its share of bugs.

What are you playing on? The delay switching to third person sounds like slow asset loading (from a hard drive rather than an SSD)... It should be instant, as far as I'm aware.
Old 15-12-2020, 06:56 AM #121
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I've got these laser whip things in my arms that are pretty fun.

At the moment, i'm pretty much destroying everyone in my path with a revolver, a shotgun, a katana and my laser whip thing.
I've been using assault rifle, katana and a little non-lethal silenced handgun that I cobbled together. I'm not sure if there's a huge benefit in having a non lethal weapon but I have it anyway . There was one side mission where there was a sub-request to leave the target alive so I assume maybe I got more dollah for not slicing him up.

But in general I've found that assault rifle at range (more open areas) and katana close quarters (in buildings etc... Stairways can be a choke point massacre of severed limbs lol) has been working well for me.
Old 15-12-2020, 03:46 PM #122
-

-

The monster hunt gig/side quest is so ****ed up

Old 15-12-2020, 07:39 PM #123
-

-

... So... I know I said I was done tweaking... But I have just discovered that if you run the game at 1440p with 75% resolution scaling... It scales the 3D game itself to 1080p but leaves the user interface/HUD at 1440 and doesn't affect frames.

............. I mean..... Game changer....
Old 17-12-2020, 08:03 PM #124

The projectile launcher arms are so O.P I’ve literally had to stop using it because it’s just so easy

Put tranquilliser on it and you can put anyone to sleep with one hit if you’ve been asked to go non lethal too

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2020, 01:02 AM #125
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Sony have removed it from the PS Store and are offering full refunds...

I really dont get the backlash

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2077, coming, cyberpunk, developers, gaga, game, lady, star, witcher, year