¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Default Season 13, Episode 2 - "Condragulations" (disccusion thread)

Airs tonight, will be on UK Netflix tomorrow morning. Only a 3 minute video because of the obvious "twists" and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:52 AM #2
Nah

Nah

Spoiler:

Gottmik and Kandy should have been in the bottom two and Kandy should have been eliminated.
And now I see that they are doing the same challenge next week So that means no eliminations for three weeks, or one of the porkchop girls will be eliminated next week for good? Idk.

The fashion show was alright, S12's was above and beyond.

Overall a good episode, the whole singing number was fine. I just wish we had an elimination.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:39 AM #3
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Spoiler:

A fun episode but do we really need three non-elimination weeks to start the series? really hope this is the last time this format is used.

I love Symone and Olivia but I thought the judging was a little off this week, Tina should’ve definitely been top and I’d have actually probably put Elliott there with her. Gottmik and Kandy would’ve been bottom two any other time and Kandy would’ve had her ass handed to her, but I sense we’re in for another Vanjie/Silky character (yawn).

Pretty much everyone impressed me this episode bar Kandy, I think it could be a tight season.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:47 PM #4
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):

Kandy Muse is a scream! She had me entertained for the whole episode and I think she’s funny

Fashion show had some cute looks. The dance performance was also alright but we needed our good sis Todrick

Gottmik’s runway look was wow! For week one?! Slay it! She definitely would’ve been my winner this week plus she did well in the other two challenges

Symone would of been my 2nd choice but I’m still glad she won

Enjoyed the episode, the contestants are funny and some impressive runway looks

Last edited by Gstar; 10-01-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:34 PM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I really am so incredibly dumb ...I thought that being given the pork chop was being given the chop/as in sent home etc...I didn’t realise the expression was more a tribute given to an actual Queen ...Victoria Pork Chop Parker, the first ever eliminated Queen...such an educational show...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:31 PM #6
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..for me, Olivia Lux, Symone, Elliott with 2 T’s, Tina Burner and Gottmik rocked the daytime styles the most ...and the standout night time styles were Olivia Lux....Symone, Tina Burner and Elliott with 2 T’s, which was magnificent.....

...Condragulations was fun...Gottmik’s runway look was so fabulous.....LaLa Ri looked stunning, Olivia Lux is so incredibly elegant, like old time Hollywood ......and Tina Burner’s look was gorgeous also... I agree with the judges that Symone has such star quality ...she feels a bit like the love child of Jaida and Heidi from last season...I also agreed with them that it had to be tough to be Elliott this week but she was one of the standouts for me...

Last edited by Ammi; 10-01-2021 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:22 PM #7
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Don’t know why people are using spoilers in the episode discussion thread like?

If you haven’t watched the ep you’re not gonna come in here?

Anyway I thought it was a really good ep but the whole twist is so pointless it sort of ruined it? They clearly saw how well received the S12 premier was and thought “ok we need to do this again but we can’t do it exactly the same so we’ll throw in a pointless twist that has no impact at all on the show and just drags it out a bit”

I found it a bit of a scream that the mini challenge was basically drag race UK’s main challenge sksksk

I was low-key disappointed that I wasn’t a LSFYL because I wouldn’t have minded seeing Kandy sashay because she would have definitely have been in the bottom two based on the critiques

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:30 PM #8
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I enjoyed the ep overall, It was nice to get to know them as a smaller group. My thoughts on each of them so far;

Kandy - she can be funny but I can also see her getting way to competitive and annoying as the competition progresses..

GottMik - shes cute but theres something a little bit odd about her? Like shes kinda off in her own world a bit. She can paint a face though!

Elliott - I actually liked her more this ep, she had some great looks and I like that she was shady to the other girls nnnn

Lala Ri - I find her so funny, still reminds me of the deaf one from AJ and the Queen though

Symone - shes very charming and sweet, the complete opposite of Gigi Goode ironically.. although am I the only one who thinks she looks about 45 in drag?

Olivia - wasn't keen on her last week but shes really sweet and just seems like an overall nice person. Her lipsync was a bit much though

Tina - definitely a shady queen, I think shes just getting overshadowed by Kandy and Elliott at the moment... but I can see the bitchiness brewing.

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:34 PM #9
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I wish they'd got Paige Turner on this season with Tina Burner

Last edited by Braden; 09-01-2021 at 07:35 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 02:20 AM #10
Banned

Banned

It was a better episode than last week's but this 'twist' is just getting in the way of things. I don't think there's anyone I really dislike yet (although Kandy is definitely getting close to that point) but my faves from this group are definitely Olivia, Symone and Lala Ri.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:04 AM #11
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Just watched it... I have thoughts!

The song 'Condragulations' is not good. It was too bouncy and there wasn't really a rhythm that any of the girls seamlessly hopped into. There were some decent performances but I do not remember any standouts a la "I'm That Bitch" and Widow, or "Queens Everywhere" and Yvie, or "Kitty Girl" and Shangela, etc.

A lot of good runways... I do love Lala but I think her gold runway was a bit too much? Like I don't really see how that wasn't read for being shapeless when it's the critique that's made early departures out of Soju and Rock. The fabric was stunning but her hair also just melted into it and it was a bit like an expensive version of Jasmine Masters' Holi-Slay look. Gottmik's was stunning, Symone's was very good, and everyone else's was at least "nice".

In the mini-challenge I think the best two were Elliott and Symone. I was so sure Lala would be B2 because of that daytime look... that was a ****ing ugly pattern

The first half of the episode was slightly tedious with the aftermath of the vote, the ridiculous "mole" storyline that was probably fed by producers themselves, Kandy being an obnoxious try-hard with her asides... but it all got decent towards the end once there was an actual performance and, uh, drag. Edit: one more thing. 'Break My Heart' is not a great lipsync song, but both did pretty well with it. I can tell Symone is getting some favouritism because she just has this sense of humour with her performances; she knows when to make eye contact and put a comic twist on a lyric that wouldn't really be expected. Olivia, bless her, just went a bit... weird with hers.

Quote:

Last edited by Shaun; 10-01-2021 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-01-2021, 05:48 AM #12
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Just watched it... I have thoughts!

The song 'Condragulations' is not good. It was too bouncy and there wasn't really a rhythm that any of the girls seamlessly hopped into. There were some decent performances but I do not remember any standouts a la "I'm That Bitch" and Widow, or "Queens Everywhere" and Yvie, or "Kitty Girl" and Shangela, etc.

A lot of good runways... I do love Lala but I think her gold runway was a bit too much? Like I don't really see how that wasn't read for being shapeless when it's the critique that's made early departures out of Soju and Rock. The fabric was stunning but her hair also just melted into it and it was a bit like an expensive version of Jasmine Masters' Holi-Slay look. Gottmik's was stunning, Symone's was very good, and everyone else's was at least "nice".

In the mini-challenge I think the best two were Elliott and Symone. I was so sure Lala would be B2 because of that daytime look... that was a ****ing ugly pattern

The first half of the episode was slightly tedious with the aftermath of the vote, the ridiculous "mole" storyline that was probably fed by producers themselves, Kandy being an obnoxious try-hard with her asides... but it all got decent towards the end once there was an actual performance and, uh, drag. Edit: one more thing. 'Break My Heart' is not a great lipsync song, but both did pretty well with it. I can tell Symone is getting some favouritism because she just has this sense of humour with her performances; she knows when to make eye contact and put a comic twist on a lyric that wouldn't really be expected. Olivia, bless her, just went a bit... weird with hers.
Olivia's approach feels a bit Jackie Cox-ian in the way she tries to do a broad physical comedy shtick for each and every lyric of the song... I wonder what's in the water those New York cabaret queens are drinking

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:11 AM #13
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-X View Post
Spoiler:

A fun episode but do we really need three non-elimination weeks to start the series? really hope this is the last time this format is used.

I love Symone and Olivia but I thought the judging was a little off this week, Tina should’ve definitely been top and I’d have actually probably put Elliott there with her. Gottmik and Kandy would’ve been bottom two any other time and Kandy would’ve had her ass handed to her, but I sense we’re in for another Vanjie/Silky character (yawn).

Pretty much everyone impressed me this episode bar Kandy, I think it could be a tight season.
I think there will be an elimination next week. I just think they didn’t eliminate anyone this week because these are the winning girls so it would be a bit unfair for one of them to be the actual pork chop.

Kandy needs to go.

And also I hate how they were all bullies to Elliott

This is the worser group. I really don’t like them.

And obviously Simone is going to win the whole season for the obvious reason and that she is skinny.
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:04 PM #14
Jemal

Favourites (more):

Jemal

Favourites (more):

Only spoilered my post because the two members above me did and I thought there was a rule I wasn’t aware of. Took it off now
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:19 PM #15
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Olivia's approach feels a bit Jackie Cox-ian in the way she tries to do a broad physical comedy shtick for each and every lyric of the song... I wonder what's in the water those New York cabaret queens are drinking
Yeah I cringe a bit when queens literally act out the lyrics (stumble when there's a lyric about "falling", heart emoji when they hear the word "heart", do the guitar or sax solos, etc.).

I found her endearing during the first episode's lipsync but I do wonder (and dread) if she's just going to do the "Amy Adams in Enchanted realising she's in New York" routine every time.

I think Symone won as soon as she took her gloves off and you can see Elliott in the background going "**** this is gonna be good!!!!"

Video of the lipsync was put on YT in case anyone wants it. Not sure if they put all of them up, VH1 are a little esoteric in that regard:

Quote:

Last edited by Shaun; 10-01-2021 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 05:59 PM #16
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Don’t know why people are using spoilers in the episode discussion thread like?
I did so because I've watched the episode very early Saturday morning in France and I know you guys didn't have it on Netflix yet, and we had issues in the past with not using the spoilers tags until the episode was released in the UK. I was being careful for you all but I guess I won't do it again

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 10-01-2021 at 05:59 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:01 PM #17
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserSince2005 View Post
I think there will be an elimination next week. I just think they didn’t eliminate anyone this week because these are the winning girls so it would be a bit unfair for one of them to be the actual pork chop.

Kandy needs to go.

And obviously Simone is going to win the whole season for the obvious reason and that she is skinny.
Bullies is a strong word. They just thought she was a mole and that's about it.
Kandy was being extra but I'm not certain I would use the word "bullies". That's a strong word for what it was. I don't know how what you would say about any drama scene from Untucked in early seasons
Old 10-01-2021, 06:08 PM #18
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserSince2005 View Post

Kandy needs to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Bullies is a strong word. They just thought she was a mole and that's about it.
Kandy was being extra but I'm not certain I would use the word "bullies". That's a strong word for what it was. I don't know how what you would say about any drama scene from Untucked in early seasons

...at the beginning, I did think...ouch, that’s really harsh because they were so wary of her ..but they were quite open about it and they were also very open to her in losing that wariness when she explained what had happened in the pork chop lounge...poor Elliott, rejected in the lipsync and then again by the Lou he ladies and then finally she gets to the werkshop...only to be rejected again...(...kind of...)...I’m really liking her, actually.....
Old 10-01-2021, 06:09 PM #19
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I removed my spoilers.....I was also guilty, Remy....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
13, condragulations, disccusion, episode, preview, season, thread