Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2021, 05:26 PM #151
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I don't think it makes any difference, the most recent social media activity from them was on Instagram in March 2020.
No need to announce anything really.
But they didn’t someone else did

Spoiler:

Old 14-01-2021, 05:34 PM #152

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
But they didn’t someone else did
Who was this someone else? A mind reader?
Maybe you don't realize that H&M (and other celebs) leak info via their PR to the press all the time. People talking about them keeps them relevant.
Old 14-01-2021, 05:36 PM #153

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's only massively unreasonable and disproportionate to those that want to take issue with the comments. Coming from a place of not giving a toss what Meghan and Harry do, i find it par for the course. So many public figures have their lives dissected on here good and bad
Spot on!
Old 14-01-2021, 06:04 PM #154
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Who was this someone else? A mind reader?
Maybe you don't realize that H&M (and other celebs) leak info via their PR to the press all the time. People talking about them keeps them relevant.
yes, good or bad press, it is still a way to stay relevant

i mean this is why the kardashians want to remain in the media too for example

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Old 14-01-2021, 06:07 PM #155

Quote:
People talking about them keeps them relevant.

...and people call us Haters
Old 14-01-2021, 06:57 PM #156

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
...and people call us Haters
I know. Some people are so ungrateful.
Old 14-01-2021, 07:24 PM #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
One does not have to "like" Megan Markle or, really, know anything about her at all to see that the obsessive dislike she gets from certain groups and individuals is massively unreasonable and disproportionate.
The fact this dose of common sense gets overlooked in every single thread.

I guess some people are incapable of rational thought.
Old 14-01-2021, 07:30 PM #158
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
One does not have to "like" Megan Markle or, really, know anything about her at all to see that the obsessive dislike she gets from certain groups and individuals is massively unreasonable and disproportionate.
Exactly, and in the post you quoted, we see a clear case of projection, that people who look at the hatred this woman is getting with disgust are somehow obsessed fans that are 'just as bad' as her haters.

I couldn't care less about Meghan, but I do find the hatred of her to be tinged with mysogyny, xenophobia and racism and I oppose that.
Old 14-01-2021, 09:50 PM #159

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Exactly, and in the post you quoted, we see a clear case of projection, that people who look at the hatred this woman is getting with disgust are somehow obsessed fans that are 'just as bad' as her haters.

I couldn't care less about Meghan, but I do find the hatred of her to be tinged with mysogyny, xenophobia and racism and I oppose that.
Could you give us some examples that back up your 'findings'?
Old 14-01-2021, 10:14 PM #160

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

They are both so yesterday...she must be fuming about auntie corona effecting her karma...he must be slurping whatever soup she demands he sips like a little man baby.
Old 15-01-2021, 12:48 AM #161

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

It suits the woke to politicize and make a martyr of Meghan and they use her relentlessly to further their agendas.
They can't, or won't, see that it is Meghan's own overriding self interest, actions, choices and motivations that have led to her going from a welcomed and praised bride to a figure of disappointment and dislike for the majority - not the colour of her skin or where she hails from.
Old 15-01-2021, 12:50 AM #162

Quote:
I don't think it makes any difference, the most recent social media activity from them was on Instagram in March 2020.
What happened to them rushing away in fear?

Quote:
What a coincidence. Half sis Samantha Markles book 'Diary of Princess Pushy's Sister' is being published on Friday in USA.
Shut down our social media quickly!!! I smell fear.
Old 15-01-2021, 12:58 AM #163

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
What happened to them rushing away in fear?
I didn't know then that that was their last activity as I have never looked at their social media stuff, I found out later.
Old 15-01-2021, 03:18 AM #164
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Could you give us some examples that back up your 'findings'?
When you can't resist the urge to write posts like this one below, you prove it for me. Also you only have to google how differently Meghan and Kate are reported for doing the same things to see bigotry in action. There's quite a history of it.

Quote:
It suits the woke to politicize and make a martyr of Meghan and they use her relentlessly to further their agendas.
They can't, or won't, see that it is Meghan's own overriding self interest, actions, choices and motivations that have led to her going from a welcomed and praised bride to a figure of disappointment and dislike for the majority - not the colour of her skin or where she hails from.
Most people on this website do not give a **** about royals, they truly don't, I don't, but they find the level of hatred dished out at Meghan distasteful, it's gross in fact. It's truly naïve and quite deluded to think that the hatred towards her isn't at all motivated by bigotry. It's quite bizarre that you're so determined to prove the hatred to be 'just' or 'right' that you have to shoot down any and all accusations of racism, that you try to speak for everyone although you never could. Some people will hate her because of her race, some people will hate her because she isn't british, some people will hate her because she's a woman. These are facts. You just have to accept that rather than defend it by doing the whole 'woke' bull**** that conservatives around the world keep spouting.

You also keep projecting, all this speculation in the post above suggests people care about this as much as you do, and they don't. They, like me, I assume, don't enjoy watching someone get dogpiled by the media and harassed for existing. She isn't a world leader, she isn't a politician. She's just someone who got married. The level of hate towards her is genuinely concerning. People, like you have in this thread, are making up narratives to try to justify their hate and it's bizarre. An example of this is making out that Meghan is 'running scared' or that she leaked that she's leaving social media for clout. Both claims are baseless but you'll believe it just because you want an excuse to keep hating on this woman whether it's valid or not.

I just don't understand how you have the energy to devote so much time to hatred. I just don't.
Old 15-01-2021, 07:09 AM #165
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
When you can't resist the urge to write posts like this one below, you prove it for me. Also you only have to google how differently Meghan and Kate are reported for doing the same things to see bigotry in action. There's quite a history of it.

Most people on this website do not give a **** about royals, they truly don't, I don't, but they find the level of hatred dished out at Meghan distasteful, it's gross in fact. It's truly naïve and quite deluded to think that the hatred towards her isn't at all motivated by bigotry. It's quite bizarre that you're so determined to prove the hatred to be 'just' or 'right' that you have to shoot down any and all accusations of racism, that you try to speak for everyone although you never could. Some people will hate her because of her race, some people will hate her because she isn't british, some people will hate her because she's a woman. These are facts. You just have to accept that rather than defend it by doing the whole 'woke' bull**** that conservatives around the world keep spouting.

You also keep projecting, all this speculation in the post above suggests people care about this as much as you do, and they don't. They, like me, I assume, don't enjoy watching someone get dogpiled by the media and harassed for existing. She isn't a world leader, she isn't a politician. She's just someone who got married. The level of hate towards her is genuinely concerning. People, like you have in this thread, are making up narratives to try to justify their hate and it's bizarre. An example of this is making out that Meghan is 'running scared' or that she leaked that she's leaving social media for clout. Both claims are baseless but you'll believe it just because you want an excuse to keep hating on this woman whether it's valid or not.

I just don't understand how you have the energy to devote so much time to hatred. I just don't.
Look dezzy you been throwing the word hatred and obsession at jet from the the beginning to try and shut him down

If he is obsessed than you must be obsessed too because every time there is a Meghan thread and jet posts there you are!!

You don’t actually care about Meghan only what people are saying about her, I’m afraid you are going to have to accept that some people don’t like her and it has nothing to do with her skin colour.

Every time these two are in the news it’s because they are playing the victim card or claiming to be the world’s answer to ending racism or setting up a charity that will end poverty

Life is hard enough without arguing over strangers about things we have no control over.
Old 15-01-2021, 09:27 AM #166

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

That’s quite a tirade for someone who doesn’t care. There hasn’t been anything negative regarding Meghan in newspaper headlines for quite a long time, just news snippets, where are you getting all this hate for her from unless you pore over tabloid comments or something which I never read. Step away…

Nobody has said that ‘none’ of the dislike for Meghan isn’t motivated by bigotry, there will always be some bigots around in all nations of the world, but to make out that it was widespread or the main reason why she left the UK, which many do, is utter virtue signalling BS. People that do that are using her.

Comparing Royal women for doing the same things is nothing new whatsoever. Back in the day, the press were far more vicious towards them than they are now. NO comparison, you have NO idea! Same with the paparazzi - they would relentlessly pester them in their private time. All that stopped after Diana died. Meghan has had it easy in those respects, but then she has social media outlets instead to contend with (though she insists she never reads them.) I dread to think what the likes of Diana and Fergie would have had to endure if it had been around when they were young Royals.

I can't be responsible for what hate you are reading about elsewhere. I, as an individual, am entitled to be interested in who I want and draw my own conclusions from my own knowledge and observations.
This is just a little forum Dezzy, for many just somewhere to while away a spare few hours now and then. If you get too caught up in it, you can take it far too seriously. People are going to have opinions and different perspectives than you depending on their own life experiences, throwing the words ‘hater’s and ‘obsessives’ and ‘bizarre’ and ‘weird’ around every 10 mins isn’t going to make them run away, be intimidated by you, or change their minds. You need to calm down and be more flexible.

Last edited by jet; 15-01-2021 at 09:37 AM.
Old 15-01-2021, 11:59 AM #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Look dezzy you been throwing the word hatred and obsession at jet from the the beginning to try and shut him down

If he is obsessed than you must be obsessed too because every time there is a Meghan thread and jet posts there you are!!

You don’t actually care about Meghan only what people are saying about her, I’m afraid you are going to have to accept that some people don’t like her and it has nothing to do with her skin colour.

Every time these two are in the news it’s because they are playing the victim card or claiming to be the world’s answer to ending racism or setting up a charity that will end poverty

Life is hard enough without arguing over strangers about things we have no control over.

Well said Sheriff. Considering this forum are not 'interested' in the subject matter...threads on Harry and Meghan never fail to produce 7 pages or more.
Old 15-01-2021, 12:05 PM #168
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Not everyone who doesn't hate Meghan is "woke" ..............I'm certainly not

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 15-01-2021, 12:31 PM #169

Quote:
Some people will hate her because of her race, some people will hate her because she isn't british, some people will hate her because she's a woman. These are facts.

.........and most people dislike her for what she says and does. Every debate on them on this forum is about what they have said or done...However that never equates with you...its always down to the colour of their skin etc. Your use of the word 'Hatred' and 'Obsession' when it comes to a subject matter that some enjoy discussing is pathetic...and you are not the only one.
People enjoy a discussion forum because they enjoy a debate...people enjoy discussing people they dislike as much as they do people they like...just like we do with BB.
Old 15-01-2021, 12:36 PM #170

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
No, just people who use her to drum home their own political and virtue signalling stances while not caring one whit about her personally.
Your posts show none of that, so you don't fall into that category obviously.
Old 15-01-2021, 01:09 PM #171
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...neither am I ‘woke’ just seems to be a terms that’s taken over from ‘PC brigade’ to be used in a derogatory way...the same thing under a different name, so far as I can see...most people I think do care that Meghan is subjected to a negative criticism, which seems quite out of proportion ...and in a way that isn’t even equalled in the criticisms of Harry...which is sadly often the way with females, that they’re often held up to standards ...no male Royals for instance have been held in similar veins and standards as their chosen partners have...
Old 15-01-2021, 01:12 PM #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Indeed.

I have no strong feelings about her other than she is a wife and mother of a young child who does seem to be overtly criticised for just trying to live her life the way she wants. Yes, this is a forum to discuss celebs but she is by far the most discussed other than politicians at the moment. We haven't had someone discussed to this extent since Omahs Katie Price thread
Old 15-01-2021, 01:15 PM #173
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...she was apparently one of the most trolled celebrities of 2019, so it would seem fair to feel that she does receive a lot of negativity ...
Old 15-01-2021, 01:16 PM #174

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

People, like you have in this thread, are making up narratives to try to justify their hate and it's bizarre. An example of this is making out that Meghan is 'running scared' or that she leaked that she's leaving social media for clout. Both claims are baseless
They really aren’t. Seasoned and highly respected royal watchers and commentators like Ingrid Seward and Hugo Vickers, for example, have (not unkindly, but you know…)....revealed that Meghan is a devious player, who has been leaking and dropping items via her PR all along and doing little things that go against the general public’s grain to create controversy and speculation which feeds her craving for attention and her stance as a professional victim.

Just before she met Harry, she told People magazine that she wanted to ‘break the internet’. It’s biting her in the ass now.
Old 15-01-2021, 01:20 PM #175
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

If using serf as a description is banned on Tibb then so should woke as it's used in exactly he same descriptive way.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
harry, media, meghan, quit, social