Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 18-01-2021, 03:20 PM #151
-

-

That quest with the peralez’s was so juicy

Like it was building up to something amazing i feel and then you get a message from them saying you’ve been blocked and not to try contact them or anything

Like what was the point of that

Unless it’s gonna be DLC or something
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 07:41 PM #152
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetch The Bolt Cutters View Post
That quest with the peralez’s was so juicy

Like it was building up to something amazing i feel and then you get a message from them saying you’ve been blocked and not to try contact them or anything

Like what was the point of that

Unless it’s gonna be DLC or something
Yeah, that's what sprung to mind, and the stuff with Lizzy Wizzy. It just ended so suddenly when other characters got a complete arc. You can definitely tell they were meant to go somewhere but then nothing happens with them at all. It's disappointing because a lot of the questlines that are actually complete are pretty great.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 10:40 PM #153
-

-

The peralez one was the most interesting i think

Implying that the “they” behind it all was some evil AI robot monster ugh iconic
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 02:50 PM #154
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I completed it. Despite the bugs, it's a solid 8/10, and when they actually get it in a working state for all platforms and iron out those bugs, it'll probably be a classic.

It does have issues aside from the bugs though, you can really feel, while playing, that there's a lot that's been cut from the game. The main story reaches an abrupt conclusion, like I was shocked when I reached the point of no return since I thought I had hours of story left and other optional storylines seem to fizzle out with no pay-off, but still, it's a pretty damn good game, and one I'll probably play again once the PS5 upgrade is out and the game is fixed.
Extensive story DLC is more or less certain with it being CDPR... assuming they've not been crippled by all of the bad PR lately ... but yeah, I have repeatedly had the impression that, despite all of the delays, the game was still under-baked. I feel like their major error to be honest was simply in officially announcing it too early... no one would have taken issue with it being released in late 2021 or even into 2022 if they had only announced it in, say, 2017/2018... but they announced way back in 2012 and were dropping teasers as early as 2013 and I feel like that's why the delays were starting to be seen as "silly" and they had to rush a launch. I feel like FFXV suffered exactly the same fate - what was there was excellent but you could "see the edges" of the cut content, constantly.

I'm in an odd position with this one. I've stopped playing even though I was enjoying it immensely. I just get the OVERWHELMING impression that there's an even better experience in there with patches, story DLC, and on the "intended hardware" (which is blatantly next gen consoles/RTX cards on PC) so I've made the painful decision to shelve it, possibly for quite a while, to wait for that experience.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 19-01-2021 at 02:52 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 03:35 PM #155
Banned

Banned

They'll be in for a rough time if the story DLC happens to cover the plotlines that fizzed out in the main game. It seems like an easy way for people to claim that they cut parts of the game just to sell as DLC later.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 03:51 PM #156
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
They'll be in for a rough time if the story DLC happens to cover the plotlines that fizzed out in the main game. It seems like an easy way for people to claim that they cut parts of the game just to sell as DLC later.
True, but the original Witcher 3 content did drop heavy links to the DLC content as well so I think it's a definite possibility... especially as when they actually made it, they were still riding high on their Witcher 3 reputation and wouldn't have been as worried about backlash as they must be now.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2077, coming, cyberpunk, developers, gaga, game, lady, star, witcher, year