Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #1
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 125,035
Default Corbyn to campaign against Murdoch's News UK TV channel

[Jeremy Corbyn has pledged to campaign
against the arrival of
Rupert Murdoch’s News UK television channel
as he launched his Peace and Justice Project
at an online rally.
A more “just, free and accountable” media is
one of four causes Corbyn is encouraging
his supporters to back.
He also urged them to help with organising
direct support in communities,
such as food banks;
campaign for a green new deal;
and press the government to speed
up the delivery of Covid vaccines
in developing countries.
Rupert Murdoch's News UK TV channel
given approval to launch]


https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-peace-justice



Go ahead
it will only make News UK (GBnewsHD)
on FreeviewHD, SkyHD , VirginHD and BT HD,
even better when it starts soon.

Last edited by arista; 19-01-2021 at 10:44 AM.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 10:30 AM   #2
Nicky91
Musica (Resto Scompare)
 
Nicky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 52,519
Blog Entries: 35

Favourites:
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
Apprentice 2018: Sian
BB18: Raph
BB17: Georgina


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
[Jeremy Corbyn has pledged to campaign
against the arrival of
Rupert Murdoch’s News UK television channel
as he launched his Peace and Justice Project
at an online rally.
A more “just, free and accountable” media is
one of four causes Corbyn is encouraging
his supporters to back.
He also urged them to help with organising
direct support in communities,
such as food banks;
campaign for a green new deal;
and press the government to speed
up the delivery of Covid vaccines
in developing countries.

Rupert Murdoch's News UK TV channel
given approval to launch]


https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-peace-justice



Go ahead
it will only make NewsUK HD
on FreeviewHD, SkyHD , VirginHD and BT HD,
even better when it starts soon.
yes, we need to send vaccines to those countries too, otherwise there will be more covid deaths in the poor countries
__________________


Robinson2021 faves: Sandra Ysbrandy/Annemiek Koekoek/John de Bever/Jan van Halst

Strictly2021 faves: Rose&Gio/Adam&Katya/John&Johannes
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 10:38 AM   #3
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 125,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
yes, we need to send vaccines to those countries too, otherwise there will be more covid deaths in the poor countries

Yes we will


Once the whole of the UK has had their Vaccines.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
joeysteele
Remembering Kerry
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: with Mystic Mock
Posts: 36,312

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: HRVY
BB19: Cameron
Strictly 2018: Joe Sugg
CBB21: Shane Jenek


Default

I totally agree with him.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #5
LeatherTrumpet
Apology Rejected
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 75,402


Thumbs up



Even before its launch, GB News is highly controversial. Its USP will be
programming with attitude and strong opinions, serving a conservative
provincial audience supposedly ignored by the liberal metropolitan instincts of
the current incumbents in British TV news. Its chairman and star presenter is
Andrew Neil, until recently the BBC’s champion combatant in political
interviews. Among the presenters it is courting are Nick Ferrari and Rachel
Johnson (both regulars on Sky News’s The Pledge, which McAndrew oversaw)
and TalkRadio host Julia Hartley-Brewer.

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/g...l-b900143.html



looking forward to this
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:11 AM   #6
Samm
we
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29,484

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne


Default

“my conservative voice is being silenced”



when literally the current UK government is a majority conservative one... the right love to make out that they’re not being heard. whilst the main broadcasters in the UK are already centre-right leaning, especially in election times. This is all just another excuse to distribute hate and false information under the insanely rich and horrible murdoch, whom so many people love to boot lick him.
Samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:14 AM   #7
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 28,357

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

it's a bit silly to single this news channel out, when the rest of them are completely bias in one form or another
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #8
Toy Soldier
Duke of Sussexy
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 27,769
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's a bit silly to single this news channel out, when the rest of them are completely bias in one form or another
I don't think it's silly to single Murdoch out as being especially insidious tbh, he's been successfully steering UK politics however he wants for decades.
__________________
Toy Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #9
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 28,357

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

the reason Corbyn is doing it is because he doesn't agree with Murdoch's politics, which isn't a valid reason. It's cancel culture at its best
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:27 AM   #10
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 125,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's a bit silly to single this news channel out, when the rest of them are completely bias in one form or another

Lets see how it goes
Starting in Spring.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:28 AM   #11
joeysteele
Remembering Kerry
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: with Mystic Mock
Posts: 36,312

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: HRVY
BB19: Cameron
Strictly 2018: Joe Sugg
CBB21: Shane Jenek


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's a bit silly to single this news channel out, when the rest of them are completely bias in one form or another
I really detest all Murdoch stands for and his worrying control and influence of media..so I'm fully against anything else he'd be doing.

However I agree about the rest of them too.

Oh for a news outlet that just presented news, not their own interpretation of news and filled with with their bias and false information agenda to manipulate too.

Two names up there had me cringe right off..
Ferrari and in my view the sickening Hartley-Brewer.

I can't bear either of those 2.
Says a lot about the direction of this channel that does.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 11:28 AM   #12
Toy Soldier
Duke of Sussexy
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 27,769
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
the reason Corbyn is doing it is because he doesn't agree with Murdoch's politics, which isn't a valid reason. It's cancel culture at its best
I disagree and it has nothing to do with cancel culture or silencing an individual; yes he's doing it because he doesn't agree with Murdoch's individual politics, but Murdoch's individual politics has no place in mainstream news reporting - nor anyone else's politics. That's sort of the point.
__________________
Toy Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 12:11 PM   #13
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 11,365

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

It's a tricky one because I don't like any form of monopoly, and Murdoch has almost that over the news these days...

But I also don't believe in press regulations, apart from obvious things like not distributing terrorist material lol

Corbyn is a rich man as well, there's nothing stopping him from building his own news and media platforms. Maybe his old mates in Iranian propaganda network could lend him a hand!
__________________

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #14
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45,094

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Murdoch is a cancer upon the world, his influence should be limited whenever possible. He doesn't deal in news, he deals in propaganda pretending to be news.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:15 PM   #15
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45,094

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's a bit silly to single this news channel out, when the rest of them are completely bias in one form or another
Bull****, Vivian.

There are no UK channels that are as bad, as say, Fox News. To act like all news channels are biased just to defend this one is simply disingenuous.

We've seen the damage Murdoch's news channels have done to the US, we know the damage he does with his propaganda rags, are you really happy with him having more avenues of influence?
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:16 PM   #16
The Slim Reaper
This is the end
 
The Slim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: In MS Paint on your desktop
Posts: 8,623
Default

JHB and Nick Ferrari have been amongst the worst covid mis informers through the whole pandemic, along with toby young.

We've seen the way fox has manipulated and caused fear in Americans over decades, and we want to bring that here, just as we've lived through 4 years of it's natural conclusion?
__________________


Spoiler:

Bless

The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:18 PM   #17
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 125,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Murdoch is a cancer upon the world, his influence should be limited whenever possible. He doesn't deal in news, he deals in propaganda pretending to be news.

You are Wrong

Time Radio DAB right now
is great live from USA now
John Pienaar (former BBC radio 5)
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #18
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 45,094

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
You are Wrong

Time Radio DAB right now
is great live from USA now
John Pienaar (former BBC radio 5)
Enjoy your propaganda that you have confused for news.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #19
LeatherTrumpet
Apology Rejected
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 75,402


Default

Nick Ferrari is the most popular news broadcaster on commercial radio and probably the most listened to

He isnt the lead anchor on LBC for nothing
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:27 PM   #20
The Slim Reaper
This is the end
 
The Slim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: In MS Paint on your desktop
Posts: 8,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
You are Wrong

Time Radio DAB right now
is great live from USA now
John Pienaar (former BBC radio 5)
You know that fox has been lying about pretty much everything. When I called you a fox viewer you cried about the thread title, so I don't understand your eagerness to be lied to even more than we are already.
__________________


Spoiler:

Bless

The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #21
The Slim Reaper
This is the end
 
The Slim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: In MS Paint on your desktop
Posts: 8,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Nick Ferrari is the most popular news broadcaster on commercial radio and probably the most listened to

He isnt the lead anchor on LBC for nothing
What do you like about his show, LT?
__________________


Spoiler:

Bless

The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:41 PM   #22
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 125,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Enjoy your propaganda that you have confused for news.

It is Not
its the same as LBC


John spent many years at BBC Radio 5 Live
but only had a Sunday show.


Times Radio DAB
give him a Prime 5PM - 7PM
Monday to Thursday show.


On Fridays 5PM - 7PM
its Ch4HDnews Cathy Newman
(Now Dezzy No way would she do what you say propaganda)


And 7PM- 10PM on Friday it's Michael Portillo

Last edited by arista; 19-01-2021 at 04:42 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 04:54 PM   #23
LeatherTrumpet
Apology Rejected
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 75,402


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
What do you like about his show, LT?
i dont listen anymore im afraid you would need to ask someone else
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 05:06 PM   #24
The Slim Reaper
This is the end
 
The Slim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: In MS Paint on your desktop
Posts: 8,623
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
i dont listen anymore im afraid you would need to ask someone else
So if you're not a listener, then your previous post was only made for one reason, and we both know what that was.
__________________


Spoiler:

Bless

The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 05:09 PM   #25
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 125,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
You know that fox has been lying about pretty much everything. When I called you a fox viewer you cried about the thread title, so I don't understand your eagerness to be lied to even more than we are already.

Not
everyone on FoxNewsHD
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
campaign, channel, corbyn, murdoch, news, tv, uk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts