(they need to work on these titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 10:22 AM #2
Nah

Nah

It was a good episode, I enjoyed the movies, most of them did a good job apart from Lala, Joey Jay and Kahmora.
I don't think Denali should have been there, I think her performance was not bottom 3 worthy. Joey should have been bottom 3 and be read for that look and those boots.

Symone deserved the win, she really brought that additionnal spice to the role. She's so endearing. I wish Tina was top 3, I think her performance was really good.
Rosé....meh. I see it though. I just can't get to like her already.

On the runway, they really all delivered (except Joey's) ! Those looks were fabulous, really well executed and designed. The designers worked hard and it showed. Even Kandy's look was nice except the little roughness as the judges said. But damn she was gorgeous.

And that lipsync.....I mean, have we ever seen that level of murdering someone right there on the stage? Denali assasinated Kahmora left, right and center. Though I get that Kahmora's dress is hard to lipsync in, she really didn't do anything at all. Whereas Denali ate it and solidifies herself as a great lipsync artist and dancer already. I was amazed at how well it was executed. 15 seconds in and she already won the damn thing.

Next week is the bag challenge and we already know Symone can't sew That's an issue when queens bring designers clothing but can't make their own. Hope she does well though.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 23-01-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 12:06 PM #3
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Decent episode, though the scripted acting challenges are always a bit jarring. There’s always a few roles that are going to stand out from the others. Symone did well and I loved her runway, a well deserved win once again. Her and Rosé are definitely my favourites so far.

Denali might be one of the best lip-sync queens we’ve ever had on the show. She’s KILLED the last two. As Remy said, that lip-sync was over within seconds.

I’m still finding this season difficult to get fully invested in though (probably due to 3 weeks of non-eliminations) and I think UK2 is outshining it for me atm.

Last edited by Daniel-X; 23-01-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 02:35 PM #4
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Lala should have been in the bottom over Denali imo, she was shocking in the challenge, Denali was “ok” at worst

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 04:26 PM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I really warmed so much to Kandy this week, her friendship with Tina and Gottmik is gorgeous.....and it’s sad that Elliott is still feeling so rejected by the girls...but it was an obvious thing to happen......awwww, Symone’s Principal sounds so lovely and so supportive of her at the Prom, so great to hear......

...stand out runways for me were Denali, Olivia Lux, Elliott, Kamora Hall, LaLa Ri, Simone, Utica, Rose...actually just say all of them....in contrast to the U.K. runway this week, they were all fairly gorgeous and perfectly chosen by the Queens.....

...Hallmark is such a guilty pleasure movie channel so I loved the RuPaulmark challenge...

...Kahmara Hall.....so sad to see her go but the lipsync was a bit of a painful watch ...Denali was that bird flying high, while Kamala was dying right there......and as was said, she didn’t seem to find her confidence...I hope that she does that, she’s a gorgeous Queen but it all sadly seemed a struggle for her and Denali so deserved her win....

Last edited by Ammi; 23-01-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 06:28 PM #6
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I've only seen this so far but oh my christ, that is sensational Adore the song, have wanted it (or Gypsy Woman) as a lipsync for ages.

Re: what Remy said about "have we seen such a massacre before?" I'd probably say it's as good as Manila vs. Delta, but I think Dida Ritz still wins 'best lipsync ever'.

Quote:

Old 23-01-2021, 06:33 PM #7
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I don't think Denali should have been bottom two at all but she absolutely killed that lipsync.

I am looking forward to Tamisha putting Kandy in her place next week!
Old 23-01-2021, 06:37 PM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...so sad that Kahmara just seemed to feel so defeated from the off and that she doesn’t appear to feel much self confidence...she’s such a lovely Queen.....
Old 23-01-2021, 06:38 PM #9
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

The funny thing is, everyone's referencing the "stop, she's already dead!!" meme on Twitter but considering what she's wearing, Kahmora really serves "royalty" during it and would've probably done really well against someone else in a gown. I know "resting on pretty" is a thing but she isn't a wallflower in the lipsync; she works the stage and looks super regal and bougie.

Quote:

Old 23-01-2021, 06:45 PM #10
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....we were all ROOOOOOOOOOOTING for her as well......
Old 23-01-2021, 06:54 PM #11
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
The funny thing is, everyone's referencing the "stop, she's already dead!!" meme on Twitter but considering what she's wearing, Kahmora really serves "royalty" during it and would've probably done really well against someone else in a gown. I know "resting on pretty" is a thing but she isn't a wallflower in the lipsync; she works the stage and looks super regal and bougie.
I know it's hard to tell because the camera doesn't stay on her the whole time, but I am pretty sure she was a wallflower for that lipsync. Shuffling around the stage isn't the same as "working it". And wearing something pretty doesn't excuse you from having talent.
I think saving her to be around and let her go later would have been a disservice to the rest of the queens. Going home first or second or third... doesn't matter. She was never going to be the winner.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 09:47 PM #12
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Denali absolutely BODIED that lipsync but at the same time she shouldn’t of been bottom two in the first place

Enjoyed the episode, Symone was fabulous once again. I think Utica is going to be a dark horse, I love her personality and the weed moment with Ru was really funny, her runway looks have also been very impressive

Some great looks again this week. Although Kahmora did fade into the background her runway look was among the top 3 for me
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 03:35 AM #13
Banned

Banned

It was a decent episode with an excellent lipsync.

I think it's unfair to judge Kahmora too harshly for that lipsync though, if you can't move, you rely on face and emotion and that's basically all she could do in that dress. Denali smashed it, but I thought Kahmora did as much as she could in that situation.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 04:35 AM #14
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Just watched the rest of the episode... it was pretty good! Would've liked the scenes to be a little more creative but I guess the point of "every movie is the same format" had to be made (even if that was convenient for the Drag Race writers )

I think the best three were Symone, Kandy and Olivia to be honest, not sure why Rose got a spot for doing a pretty bland job with one of the wackier characters. She also had one of the worse runways, just gluing some tulle to a suit isn't really exciting but I am still growing to like her more. Tamisha did a pretty good job too, so could've easily nabbed a high placement IMO.

Bottoms... obviously Kahmora (cringe every time there's a "I can't get the intonation right on the line" moment, but at least they actually put her in the bottom this time, instead of handing free passes to Kim Chi ) and Denali... I can see why they picked Lala but I think she did just as well as, say, Joey.

Interesting to see how this plays out next week with Kandy saying Elliott should've been in the bottom (she obviously shouldn't, she was firmly in the top half of performers). She's already been overbearing, so I wonder if "bully" will be the next storyline for her. Not sure how much of an underdog arc I can be bothered with though, just unfortunate that the silly premiere twist had to set this up rather than let the queens start off on a level playing field.

Oh and the durag! iconic.

Quote:

Old 24-01-2021, 09:12 AM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...yeah, I do really dislike the beginning twist to the season...it’s really kind of set Elliott into a position of feeling rejected by one group but then not feeling so much a part of the other group, or taking longer to feel her fit with them...I feel disappointed that Ru has done that when she knows the difficulties that the drag community can have in their lives...

...I was thinking when Ru was talking to the ladies in the werkroom, I really miss when they had iconic queens from previous seasons there as well and how much that lifted the ladies with advice and inspiration etc...because Ru seems to say the right encouraging things but then will set a Queen apart and vulnerable to bullying like she has...ok, I’ll let it go now...
Old 25-01-2021, 03:44 PM #16
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I have to admit: even though I'm taking a while to warm up to her (still think she comes across as prickly and a little bit... rude), Denali is killing the post-episode YouTube content. Most queens do just a little recap where they talk, but Denali's put together performances after every episode so far, and in this one she even brings in Kahmora for a rematch a whole cast of other Chicago queens, too. Some famous (Detox, Vixen, Dida Ritz, Laila McQueen, Aunty Chan, Miss Toto), most "not" yet but Chicago seems an excellent drag scene.

Quote:

Last edited by Shaun; 25-01-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
13, episode, preview, rupaulmark channel, season