Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2021, 10:40 PM #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
Calling out someone for actions they have TAKEN with actual EVIDENCE of the actions isn’t hatred lmao

They told their story...Meghan keeps throwing hers down our necks...we don’t call her scum...so what is the difference?
There is no proof they sold their story...there is no proof Meghan is getting paid for hers.
The chances are they are all doing it for something...they are all cut from the same cloth.
Old 21-02-2021, 12:03 AM #602

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
That's a whole lot of assumptions, overemphasising and picking and choosing. There's also no justification for selling out their family to the press, in fact your attempts to vindicate them by making out they didn't get paid only makes them look like bigger ******** because that means they attacked their daughter/sister when she was about to get married out of pure spite and vindictiveness.

Are you going to make out that they didn't do it for profit and instead they just did it to cause harm to someone and dampen their day? Are you really going to defend such behaviour after going to lengths to establish that it wasn't need nor greed, that motivated them, but pure viciousness?

Also you keep making out that they aren't profiting from Meghan but did you not say you read Samantha Markle's book? That she had a part 2 in the works? So if what you say is true, she lashed out at Meghan just for the sake of being malicious and then she profited from a book deal.... and you're desperately trying to spin things to make them the victims here? Warped.
They are not assumptions, but as you like to say ‘you are entitled to be wrong.’

Where did I say they didn't get paid? I said ‘how do you know they got paid THAT MUCH, meaning it was often said of the interviews they ‘did not receive payment’, while on others that wasn’t said.
Whatever, they certainly didn’t get rich from it and I don’t automatically believe they did it out of spite either, for there is no evidence that they were spiteful or vindictive people prior to Meghan cutting them off. I don’t agree with their actions, but I would be more inclined to believe that hurt and humiliation and anger got the better of them.
You keep saying they did all this prior to her wedding, which is inaccurate - most was after the wedding when they saw all these celebs Meghan didn’t know parading into the church while they were spurned - her own family. Then refusing to have any contact with her father whatsoever. The last straw perhaps?
Regarding the book, you assume Samantha lashed out at Meghan for the sake of being malicious - what evidence have you for this - have you read it? You accuse others of saying stuff without evidence... I have read it, and this Amazon review sums it up pretty well:

Quote:
Gracefully written look into the family history, shows they are a regular family with ups and downs like everyone, if you're looking for a scathing attack on Meghan you won't find it, while it does give a candid in sight to what went wrong, Samantha still covers her sister with love and undeserving grace, yet honest and sometimes shocking revelations about lies and deceit and pain caused. Lots of truth set straight about her father which does confirm Meghans public lies. The book covers fun and hilarious parts of growing up, and painful parts that showed family vulnerability, and details about how close the sisters were and definatly were not strangers to each other.
Glad I bought it, I recommend.
I don't think Samantha is stupid enough to write a pack of lies - Meghan loves a good old lawsuit.

People are entitled to rant about people whose actions they dislike all they want - I do it myself, but to call someone scum is disgusting. They aren’t murderers or rapists. Very low indeed.

Last edited by jet; 21-02-2021 at 12:10 AM.
Old 21-02-2021, 12:41 AM #603
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
They told their story...Meghan keeps throwing hers down our necks...we don’t call her scum...so what is the difference?
There is no proof they sold their story...there is no proof Meghan is getting paid for hers.
The chances are they are all doing it for something...they are all cut from the same cloth.
So her family ‘tell their story’ but Meghan ‘keeps throwing hers down our throats’?

As far as in aware Meghan told one reporter that she wasn’t ok whereas the sister is cashing in on a part one of two, ‘tell all’ book.

If you can’t see the difference with that then you’re willingly choosing to not see it. Not that I’m surprised of course.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 21-02-2021, 01:15 AM #604
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I can't wait to see it, finally give Meghan a voice that can't be manipulated.

Wonder if it'll be shown over here?
Old 21-02-2021, 03:22 AM #605
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
They are not assumptions, but as you like to say ‘you are entitled to be wrong.’

Where did I say they didn't get paid? I said ‘how do you know they got paid THAT MUCH, meaning it was often said of the interviews they ‘did not receive payment’, while on others that wasn’t said.
Whatever, they certainly didn’t get rich from it and I don’t automatically believe they did it out of spite either, for there is no evidence that they were spiteful or vindictive people prior to Meghan cutting them off. I don’t agree with their actions, but I would be more inclined to believe that hurt and humiliation and anger got the better of them.
You keep saying they did all this prior to her wedding, which is inaccurate - most was after the wedding when they saw all these celebs Meghan didn’t know parading into the church while they were spurned - her own family. Then refusing to have any contact with her father whatsoever. The last straw perhaps?
Regarding the book, you assume Samantha lashed out at Meghan for the sake of being malicious - what evidence have you for this - have you read it? You accuse others of saying stuff without evidence... I have read it, and this Amazon review sums it up pretty well:

I don't think Samantha is stupid enough to write a pack of lies - Meghan loves a good old lawsuit.

People are entitled to rant about people whose actions they dislike all they want - I do it myself, but to call someone scum is disgusting. They aren’t murderers or rapists. Very low indeed.
That's a whole lot of confirmation bias.

Pretty much everything you say is hearsay or he said she said that you believe, not because there's compelling evidence but because it paints Meghan in a negative light. If these same 'sources' sung her praises, you would pretend they didn't exist. You can call me wrong all you want, but it will only ever be projection.

Oh, so they sold out their family member for pittance and that makes it okay? Where is the morality? Someone didn't get invited to a wedding and so they decide to trash the person in the press for some coins? Did Samantha turn up at the Christening and curse Archie too because you're making her and her dad out to be Disney villains here. So what's the truth, did they sell out a family member for money, or for spite? Make your choice.

You say you don't agree with their actions but you're tying yourself up in knots to make out that THEIR actions and choices are the fault of Meghan's. If Kate's sister did the same thing to Kate, would you be so willing to defend Pippa to the death or would you defend Kate? My guess is that it would be the latter. You don't have sympathy for the family, they're just spouting their hate and you agree with it. Again, if they sung Meghan's praises, you would act like they didn't exist.

To the average person, with a basic sense of morality and a capability for empathy, what Meghan's family did should be beyond the pale. I couldn't imagine anyone with moral fibre defending their actions.

I saw that monstrous beast's interviews when she was throwing her own sister under the bus. The only reason anyone gave her a book deal would be to trash Meghan because that is the only reason why anyone even knows this woman exists. You certainly wouldn't have cared about her one bit if she was cheering Meghan on. I'm not gullible enough to buy the book of someone who only got a book deal to talk **** about her sister.

I can only laugh at your disingenuous faux outrage about me calling this pair of scum exactly what they are. After all, your passionate defence of them basically revealed, in your own words that they didn't do what they did to become rich, but because they didn't get invited to a wedding and that they were jealous of celebrities that were in attendance, so they went full Maleficent and decided to drag their own family member through the mud. If it looks like scum, acts like scum and smells like scum, it's probably scum.
Old 21-02-2021, 03:25 AM #606
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
So a person can go to the press, throw their family under the press and that's them 'telling their story', but a woman can't talk about her struggles of motherhood, of having a miscarriage and her struggles without being accused of shoving her story down our throats? A glaring lack of basic empathy aside, you really need to iron out the inconsistencies of your view point because the point you are making is nothing less than obscenely hypocritical.

Last edited by Tom4784; 21-02-2021 at 03:27 AM.
Old 21-02-2021, 03:31 AM #607
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

I’ll be watching with a cute bite to eat

All the people complaining will be watching too
Old 21-02-2021, 05:52 AM #608

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's a whole lot of confirmation bias.

Pretty much everything you say is hearsay or he said she said that you believe, not because there's compelling evidence but because it paints Meghan in a negative light. If these same 'sources' sung her praises, you would pretend they didn't exist. You can call me wrong all you want, but it will only ever be projection.

Oh, so they sold out their family member for pittance and that makes it okay? Where is the morality? Someone didn't get invited to a wedding and so they decide to trash the person in the press for some coins? Did Samantha turn up at the Christening and curse Archie too because you're making her and her dad out to be Disney villains here. So what's the truth, did they sell out a family member for money, or for spite? Make your choice.

You say you don't agree with their actions but you're tying yourself up in knots to make out that THEIR actions and choices are the fault of Meghan's. If Kate's sister did the same thing to Kate, would you be so willing to defend Pippa to the death or would you defend Kate? My guess is that it would be the latter. You don't have sympathy for the family, they're just spouting their hate and you agree with it. Again, if they sung Meghan's praises, you would act like they didn't exist.

To the average person, with a basic sense of morality and a capability for empathy, what Meghan's family did should be beyond the pale. I couldn't imagine anyone with moral fibre defending their actions.

I saw that monstrous beast's interviews when she was throwing her own sister under the bus. The only reason anyone gave her a book deal would be to trash Meghan because that is the only reason why anyone even knows this woman exists. You certainly wouldn't have cared about her one bit if she was cheering Meghan on. I'm not gullible enough to buy the book of someone who only got a book deal to talk **** about her sister.

I can only laugh at your disingenuous faux outrage about me calling this pair of scum exactly what they are. After all, your passionate defence of them basically revealed, in your own words that they didn't do what they did to become rich, but because they didn't get invited to a wedding and that they were jealous of celebrities that were in attendance, so they went full Maleficent and decided to drag their own family member through the mud. If it looks like scum, acts like scum and smells like scum, it's probably scum.
There is an awful lot of spite and vindictiveness in that post from someone who doesn’t care about Meghan that much.
An awful lot of supposition and mind - reading too, as is your way.
Then there are the insults.
All thoroughly unpleasant.
You are angry, which points to you now wondering if the things said about Meghan are true. Imo.
Imagine calling human beings scum and monstrous beasts and thinking you have the moral high ground.
Meghan is using the royal family who she spurned to make big money.
Sam has used Meghan to write a best selling book.
The End.

Last edited by jet; 21-02-2021 at 06:03 AM.
Old 21-02-2021, 05:57 AM #609

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So a person can go to the press, throw their family under the press and that's them 'telling their story', but a woman can't talk about her struggles of motherhood, of having a miscarriage and her struggles without being accused of shoving her story down our throats? A glaring lack of basic empathy aside, you really need to iron out the inconsistencies of your view point because the point you are making is nothing less than obscenely hypocritical.
Rusti's turn to be insulted now, but I'm sure she cares as little as I do what you think.

Last edited by jet; 21-02-2021 at 06:08 AM.
Old 21-02-2021, 06:10 AM #610

Ok its clear this thread has now run its course, just endless repetitive posts from the same people turning the discussion towards each other rather than the topic of the thread.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
harry, interview, meghan, oprah, set