Default Season 13, Episode 10 - "Freaky Friday Queens"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:14 AM #2
Nah

Nah

I never enjoy the makeover challenges, it's just a pointless challenge for me.
And I don't think this cast will make me like it.
Old 13-03-2021, 09:26 AM #3
Nah

Nah

OK so I never ever enjoy the makeover episodes and this one didn't help make me feel better about them.

It would be one thing if the queens chose with who they wanted be paired with, or at least let a mini-challenge winner choose the pairs.
But a psychic? Really? Damn, the production doesn't even care to hide it anymore.
They put the two blandest ones together to make it an obvious bottom two from the start. They wanted Tina and Rosé together for, you know, *drama*.
Gottmik and Kandy because they have different body types. And Symone and Utica for whatever reason they found.

I will say this: I actually like the idea of them being paired together. Makeover episodes are usually strangers or family relatives coming in and it goes on forever about sob stories and whatever storyline production decides to go with. So it was a nice change and we got to see the queens explaining their drag and interacting with each other in a working environment rather than in the forced Untucked drama.

The runways for a makeover episode were decent, though it wasn't high quality at all. Apart from Symone's and Utica's, the others were boring. I did appreciate the two of them working together, trying to understand and act as each other. Both sweethearts

Denali and Olivia were the rightful bottom two. Denali's time was up anyway as she was from the losing circle. And Ru never seemed to like her that much anyway?
I'm torn between who should have gone home because Olivia didn't do a great job on Denali. It was safe, boring, and if anything just shows how "safe" and too polished Olivia is (not taking away how nice she is).
On the other hand, Denali dressed up Olivia in pretty much the same outfits she wore on week 1 and 3. It wasn't enough and again, boring. However I always thought Denali was overlooked and not given a proper chance since the beginning.

The lipsync would not have made a difference anyway. As pretty much usual, Ru keeps the queen that the group said should go home to create drama next week. And seriously, I couldn't see Ru sending Olivia home.

So yeah, not an episode to remember forever.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 13-03-2021 at 09:28 AM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 11:11 AM #4
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Production pretending the psychic chose the pairings

They obviously put Denali with Olivia because they wanted that bottom 2 let's not pretend otherwise.

Kandy was such a dick over being picked by Denali too, yep the others did have it a bit easier but Kandy and Mik literally just had to cut some fabric off off the fire bodysuit and run a stitch up the side and cut and restitch a corset. It's nothing, I make t shirts into crop tops and resew hems a lot it'd have taken probably 2 hours tops
Old 13-03-2021, 01:41 PM #5
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Can’t believe the double shantay was wasted on Kandy last week

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 02:05 PM #6
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Can’t believe the double shantay was wasted on Kandy last week
I know, waste!
Old 13-03-2021, 03:08 PM #7
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

A fair bottom the make up was off with both of them, although if not judged in teams then the bottom should of been Olivia/Tina. Rose's face looked horrible.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2021, 03:23 PM #8
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Poor Denali, when your a minority but not the “cool” minority the producers want to keep
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 02:59 AM #9
Banned

Banned

I'm ready to be done with this season.

Last edited by Tom4784; 14-03-2021 at 02:59 AM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 04:31 AM #10
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I am more tired than frustrated at this point.

Not only did we have to entertain the shameless charlatan form of "a living" in a psychic reading (I am TRULY so ****ing tired of gay culture allowing astrology and psychics to thrive... just really denigrates the intelligence and integrity of who we are), but they used it to cloak yet another production decision when it comes down to teams and roles.

So... gasp... Kandy gets saved by being put with the strongest make-up queen in the competition. And we're left with another BS "judging as pairs" format in spite of the fact that Rose looked like a ****ing RABID DOG on that runway. So no, it wasn't "the right bottom two" at all ( @ Remy), it should've been Tina vs. Olivia. You can say you've already seen that Denali look worn on the runway, but... I hate to break it to you, they were all going to wear these outfits on the runway at some point!

I was actually starting to warm to Kandy until she went off the rails for a perfectly valid critique (you'd never see Kandy wearing what Gottmik was wearing. At all.) She should've just sat there and ate her "safe".

Winners: Utica & Symone
High: Gottmik
Safe: Kandy, Denali
Low: Rose
Bottom: Tina & Olivia

EDIT: OHH and whoever the **** said this should've been a double shantay....? Get a Specsavers appointment booked. They were both delivering MEH performances. And also because the point is being used to hammer home the argument that Kandy should've gone home over Symone... I truly believe Kandy won that lipsync

okay done! x

Quote:

Last edited by Shaun; 14-03-2021 at 04:33 AM.
Old 14-03-2021, 05:42 AM #11
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Symone and Utica just got it so, so right, they really understood what they were wearing ...it wasn’t just putting on the style for them, they became the style...I loved that pairing so much.......the other queens just didn’t embrace it in the same way, they were focusing more on disadvantages/differences in them becoming that other Queen, rather than feeling the essence of the Queens they were representing...I felt that Miss Symone and Miss Utica did that perfectly, they were stunning, wonderful, amazing, supreme, divine and all that jazz.....and a big shout out to Gott as well, she really embraced Kandy, I think.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 07:24 AM #12
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
So no, it wasn't "the right bottom two" at all ( @ Remy), it should've been Tina vs. Olivia. You can say you've already seen that Denali look worn on the runway, but... I hate to break it to you, they were all going to wear these outfits on the runway at some point!

To me what saved Tina is that yes Rose looked a bit like a mess but Rose embodied Tina more than Denali and Olivia embodied each other.

And I would have read Denali the same way had she worn that outfit AGAIN at some point. It doesn't matter whether it's now or in the "Best Drag" category or whatever category it would have been. It was not even a good look in the first place.

And Tina vs Olivia would have never happened at this point, Shaun.
Ru is looking for a personality this year, rather than a "complete package" kind of queen or a dance queen or a comedy queen etc Denali was set to be eliminated very soon. That doesn't make it right though.
Old 14-03-2021, 07:30 AM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

.....a Remy/Shaun lipsync battle is what we’re all here for, I think...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 08:10 AM #14
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

I’m never a big fan of the makeover challenges but surprisingly this was one of my favourites probably . I thought Utica and Symone did fantastic jobs embodying each other and both runway looks were absolutely gorgeous, I was gagged when Symone came out.

It was hard to call a bottom two cos I honestly thought everyone did well at embodying each other in the challenge. Gottmik’s was a bit basic and didn’t read Kandy much to me and Rose’s makeup was pretty busted as Tina. However, Denali/Olivia were also both verging on basic and I hated Denali’s makeup, but they did read as each other on the way.

I think pretty much everyone I’ve spoken to about this series is just waiting for it to end now. They dropped the ball massively this season with their constant rigga morris shenanigans, hopefully they’ll learn from their mistakes with all the negative reception. S11 seems like a classic in hindsight compared to this .

Last edited by Daniel-X; 14-03-2021 at 08:40 AM.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 08:27 AM #15
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):

Forget Rigga Morris, it now Racca Morris
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 02:02 PM #16
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

My two faves winning the challenge well deserved, they were both great

Gottmik definitely resembled Tina Burner in her look. If the judges didn’t know the partners and had to guess they would of picked Tina too. Kandy’s hair and makeup was nice, wasn’t a fan of the outfit but it was very Gottmik. Rose did a good job on Tina. Denali looked gorgeous, had this of been a regular runway week Denali would of been safe from that look alone. Unfortunate ending as she wasn’t the weakest in the bunch in terms of previous performance and she’s been doing well for the past two weeks

I’m not crazy about makeover episodes in general, they can be a bit of a chore to watch, my favourite format is when they style themselves and their partners to resemble each other. With that being said I enjoyed this episode more than I thought (minus the psychic bit although I liked how it was short and we got to see more workroom footage than usual)

I do feel sorry for Utica and how she seems to be very worried about appropriating black culture, it’s one of those things where a lot of people watching were probably like “don’t be so ridiculous” but it’s the world we live in today. Almost everything a public figure does gets backlash or criticism these days, Beyoncé got a lot of backlash from Black Is King regarding cultural appropriation.. and she’s black. I’m glad Utica overcame the worrying though, bless her
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 02:07 PM #17
Banned

Banned

I found Utica to be a bit tiring, tbh. Cultural appropriation is a thing (look at the Kardashians), but a black person making you over is not cultural appropriation, wearing an afro if the person you chose to do for Snatch Game had an afro is not appropriation, especially when every black person in the room is wondering why you didn't do an afro.

Last edited by Tom4784; 14-03-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old 14-03-2021, 02:08 PM #18
Banned

Banned

Also, I saw a Live of Kandy bashing people who hate her from 'countries without running water' and basically said that they can't hate her if they live in poverty and I just... She truly is repulsive.
Old 14-03-2021, 04:24 PM #19
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Mm I've been witnessing a large amount of support for her on social media, the same we'd get over here for obnoxious BB housemates ("she brings the drama!!! without her it'd be boring!!!"*) presumably to counter-act all of the hate she gets... so to see them struggle to defend her on that particular comment is quite amusing.

Obviously she doesn't deserve death threats, and shouldn't be @-ed all the time and told she sucks and should go home, but... I'm not going to take tweets like "this season sucks , Kandy needs to go home" as anything other than a legitimate complaint (and the truth), and I think people are getting waaaaay too over-zealous to call everything bullying and trolling.

*even saw one lunatic say that RDR10 was worse than this because all of the queens were "boring" (ie. not screaming in Untucked) after Monique and Vixen left... like... Asia, Monet and the top 3 were right there sis??? wtf?

Quote:

Last edited by Shaun; 14-03-2021 at 04:25 PM.
Old 14-03-2021, 05:29 PM #20
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Also, I saw a Live of Kandy bashing people who hate her from 'countries without running water' and basically said that they can't hate her if they live in poverty and I just... She truly is repulsive.
Jesus christ that's so gross. How can anyone defend **** like that? It's so obnoxious.
Old 14-03-2021, 05:39 PM #21
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Mm I've been witnessing a large amount of support for her on social media, the same we'd get over here for obnoxious BB housemates ("she brings the drama!!! without her it'd be boring!!!"*) presumably to counter-act all of the hate she gets... so to see them struggle to defend her on that particular comment is quite amusing.

Obviously she doesn't deserve death threats, and shouldn't be @-ed all the time and told she sucks and should go home, but... I'm not going to take tweets like "this season sucks , Kandy needs to go home" as anything other than a legitimate complaint (and the truth), and I think people are getting waaaaay too over-zealous to call everything bullying and trolling.

*even saw one lunatic say that RDR10 was worse than this because all of the queens were "boring" (ie. not screaming in Untucked) after Monique and Vixen left... like... Asia, Monet and the top 3 were right there sis??? wtf?
Yeah, it's fairly ridiculous. You can dislike people on a TV show just as long as you're not screaming it in their face and telling them to die. People who @ the Rugirls with hate are weird. Like, sure you can dislike Phi Phi O'Hara on the show, but let's not @ her so many years after it aired telling her she's ****.
Old 14-03-2021, 05:41 PM #22

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

I am bored to death by Utica and her ‘sensibilities’ she’s really annoying.

I am fuming over the result this week, it just isn’t acceptable.
Old 14-03-2021, 07:42 PM #23
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

god that was a DULL episode..

the right pair won.

Olivia and Tina should've been bottom.

neither lipsync was amazing or terrible.. but I think Denali had more to offer than Olivia.

Kandy and Tina GO HOME

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, 13, episode, freaky friday queens, preview, season