Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-03-2021, 01:02 PM #176
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Do you really think Harry actually shot any one? Or saw live combat?

They was never going to let a royal get killed they let Harry play in the army
If you really want to look closer at it he was probably never had the iq to even be an officer and from memory her struggled to get through army training.

Charles is one of the most educated royals and can fly planes helicopters and was proper officer material.
He was on the front line, it's an established fact. You can try to undermine that all you want because of your own overwhelming biases towards him but you can't change the facts. To insult him and act like a soldier's not really doing anything if they aren't actively killing people or fulfilling your limited view of what a soldier is and does, shows how shallow your respect for the army is, so self serving.

It's easy to judge someone from the safety of your armchair when it's clear you have no idea what an active battlefield is like.

Quote:
I don’t believe he was in any real danger for one minute
Your feelings do not overwrite the facts, Sheriff.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 01:04 PM #177
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Trying to pretend some people on here know more about it than others is silly. No one knows... None of us.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 01:08 PM #178
Banned

Banned

Quote:
You clearly ain’t got a single clue about mental health and what is to be suffering from it.

To us the mental health card is disgusting to those that have their lives and their families life’s destroyed by it

She didn’t get help with mental health because she didn’t have any mental issues only a desire to get back to America
Just like with the army, you have no idea about anyone else's mental health struggles and the only reason you are rubbishing Meghan's is because of who she is which is sick.

Hear this, Sheriff. You do not know these people, you do not know what's in the mind of your loved ones, never mind what's going on in the head of a stranger that you only think you know because you take tabloid gossip as gospel.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:10 PM #179

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
I hope those claimed to have been bullied by Meghan and if true, that they are doing okay and that their mental health is also discussed as well as Meghans.

My friends neighbour met her as a Suits meet and greet and said she wasn’t that warm, in comparison to other co stars anyway
When the accusations of Meghan's bullying came out and how the women were still traumatized, for some it was all 'Huh, what timing to bring this out now'!
They didn't give a hoot about those women.

Yet when Meghan says she suffered, even if the thing you didn't believe was that she was refused help, it was "You don't believe her! You are stopping other people from seeking help by your attitude!'
The hypocrisy and false 'caring' is laughable.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 01:15 PM #180
Banned

Banned

Jet, would you 'give a hoot' about these women if they were saying the Royal Family bullied them? Or, like with Meghan's mental health struggles, would you rubbish them because it doesn't go along with the narrative you so desperately want to pretend is true?

It's just another strawman with a good dose of whataboutery, you ultimately need everything bad about Meghan to be true, it's not the same for everyone else since we don't have that same level of hatred motivating us. If Meghan did bully these women, then I hope the truth comes to light, but it's not going to change a thing about the institution's mistakes or the fact they covered this up until it could be weaponised.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:17 PM #181
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Trying to pretend some people on here know more about it than others is silly. No one knows... None of us.
...and perfectly said...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 01:31 PM #182

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Jet, would you 'give a hoot' about these women if they were saying the Royal Family bullied them? Or, like with Meghan's mental health struggles, would you rubbish them because it doesn't go along with the narrative you so desperately want to pretend is true?

It's just another strawman with a good dose of whataboutery, you ultimately need everything bad about Meghan to be true, it's not the same for everyone else since we don't have that same level of hatred motivating us. If Meghan did bully these women, then I hope the truth comes to light, but it's not going to change a thing about the institution's mistakes or the fact they covered this up until it could be weaponised.
I abhor bullying of any kind, irrespective of who is doing it.
Your first reaction to the women's accusations was 'what timing'! - nothing about believing them because they said so, which is what you insisted everyone should do about Meghan's claims - you accused me of damaging others mental health when I said I didn't believe she was refused help.
You had 2 totally different reactions.
If you think that the Royals were using them as weapons, why do you not think Meghan was using her claims as weapons too?
See, it works both ways.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:39 PM #183

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

That is not a fact. The women could have come forward themselves to insist the bullying was brought out in the open when they knew the interview was going to be aired to protect themselves. They didn't know what she was going to say about those who worked for her. It is perfectly possible, so your fact isn't a fact at all. We just don't know.

Last edited by jet; 22-03-2021 at 01:40 PM.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:42 PM #184
Banned

Banned

Once again, you're completely wrong and reliant on another strawman. My first reaction was questioning the timing of it, because it was strange, like people on both sides pointed out. I never doubted their experiences, my scorn was mainly poured on the institution for weaponising it and covering it up when it happened, like I said in the post you quoted but apparently did not read.

You need to stop relying on lies and strawmen, Jet. You're trying to twist this once again to throw it back at me and once again, you've failed because you ALWAYS ignore the context. You literally poured doubt on Meghan saying she felt suicidal, that's not equivalent to me being suspect of the institution.

You won't ever get far in a debate if you keep trying to fight the facts.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:45 PM #185
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
That is not a fact. The women could have come forward themselves to insist the bullying was brought out in the open when they knew the interview was going to be aired to protect themselves. They didn't know what she was going to say about those who worked for her. It is perfectly possible, so your fact isn't a fact at all. We just don't know.
This happened in 2018, apparently, and it was reported and nothing was done about it until the institution acknowledged it in the wake of the Oprah interview, what else would you call that but a coverup and subsequent weaponization by the institution? It's pretty clear.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:49 PM #186

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Once again, you're completely wrong and reliant on another strawman. My first reaction was questioning the timing of it, because it was strange, like people on both sides pointed out. I never doubted their experiences, my scorn was mainly poured on the institution for weaponising it and covering it up when it happened, like I said in the post you quoted but apparently did not read.

You need to stop relying on lies and strawmen, Jet. You're trying to twist this once again to throw it back at me and once again, you've failed because you ALWAYS ignore the context. You literally poured doubt on Meghan saying she felt suicidal, that's not equivalent to me being suspect of the institution.

You won't ever get far in a debate if you keep trying to fight the facts.
You are wrong. Recollections very much vary.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:52 PM #187

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This happened in 2018, apparently, and it was reported and nothing was done about it until the institution acknowledged it in the wake of the Oprah interview, what else would you call that but a coverup and subsequent weaponization by the institution? It's pretty clear.
They wrongly covered it up to protect Meghan, and you ignored the part where I said the women could have insisted it be known prior to the interview. None of us know what happened so it is not clear.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:52 PM #188
Banned

Banned

Quote:
You are wrong. Recollections very much vary.
Okay, in a debate when you refute something, you have to say why. I refuted what you said with an argument. You just said 'You're wrong xx.' You've made a statement, now back it up with an argument. Come on, put in the minimum effort.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:56 PM #189
Banned

Banned

Quote:
They wrongly covered it up to protect Meghan, and you ignored the part where I said the women could have insisted it be known prior to the interview. None of us know what happened so it is not clear.
I didn't ignore it, wrong again, as I said before in the post you responded to, but apparently didn't read properly. I never ignored their experiences or doubted them, it's just that it doesn't change anything I've said if it's true.

Your argument hinges on the fact that Meghan Markle is responsible for everything bad in the world. My stake in this argument has always been about disliking the media's behaviour, which is why i can view things objectively. It doesn't really change my argument if Meghan Markle is an arsehole or not, but your argument cannot afford for her to be seen as a victim in any way.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:58 PM #190
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Wow can't believe William and Kate deliberately leaked this information to Royal insiders and told them to give it to the press to be published? So disrespectful of the family and their privacy, they could really just have told this to Harry and Meghan in private. So disrespectful of the Queen at a time when her husband is just out of hospital. Someone really needs to have words with William about the information he arranges to be given to the press via others.
Quoting this again because

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 01:58 PM #191

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Okay, in a debate when you refute something, you have to say why. I refuted what you said with an argument. You just said 'You're wrong xx.' You've made a statement, now back it up with an argument. Come on, put in the minimum effort.
I already did. My my response said it all I wanted to say. Short and telling.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:00 PM #192
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I already did. My my response said it all I wanted to say. Short and telling.
You didn't say anything, a statement is worthless in a debate without any kind of logic or reasoning behind it.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:01 PM #193

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I didn't ignore it, wrong again, as I said before in the post you responded to, but apparently didn't read properly. I never ignored their experiences or doubted them, it's just that it doesn't change anything I've said if it's true.

Your argument hinges on the fact that Meghan Markle is responsible for everything bad in the world. My stake in this argument has always been about disliking the media's behaviour, which is why i can view things objectively. It doesn't really change my argument if Meghan Markle is an arsehole or not, but your argument cannot afford for her to be seen as a victim in any way.
Gross exaggerations put me off debating with those that use them....and you are far from objective imo.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:04 PM #194

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You didn't say anything, a statement is worthless in a debate without any kind of logic or reasoning behind it.
I'd rather try to reason with our cat.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:05 PM #195
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Gross exaggerations put me off debating with those that use them....and you are far from objective imo.
Again, statements and accusations with no explanation, arguments or logic behind them. Not good enough. If you don't think I'm objective, then say why, explain your point of view. This is too easy for me, otherwise.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:06 PM #196
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I'd rather try to reason with our cat.
Then perhaps a debate thread isn't for you, if you don't actually want to debate the issue at hand.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:15 PM #197

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Again, statements and accusations with no explanation, arguments or logic behind them. Not good enough. If you don't think I'm objective, then say why, explain your point of view. This is too easy for me, otherwise.
I don't debate on demand, not everyone wants to engage with you the way you insist they must. Sometimes a few words says it all, and I've spoken.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:17 PM #198
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I don't debate on demand, not everyone wants to engage with you the way you insist they must. Sometimes a few words says it all, and I've spoken.
Then, again, maybe a debate thread isn't the right thread for you.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:25 PM #199

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Then, again, maybe a debate thread isn't the right thread for you.
It depends on who I am debating with, and whether it is enjoyable, interesting, or just torture....
Old 22-03-2021, 02:27 PM #200

....or you don't have anything to say so flower it up in "I don't want to say" which is embarrassing.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attack, disrespectful, furious, harry, insulting, meghan, william