Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:33 AM #1
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Default Jamie Chung takes a stand against anti-asian racism as she attends SAG awards

Jamie Chung took a stand against anti-Asian racism as she attended the 2021 Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday.

The Lovecraft Country actress, 37, carried a 'Stop Asian Hate' clutch and wore a dress in the symbolic color of red as she posed before a fire house in New York City on Sunday.

'In some Asian cultures, the color red symbolizes joy, luck and happiness. In Korean culture it symbolizes creation, passion and power. I'm so proud of my history and heritage,' Jamie wrote on her Instagram account.

Jamie looked fantastic in a plunging red dress with matching strappy heels.

She worked a head full of long, loose waves and a perfectly done up complexion with a radiant hue of blush and pink eye shadow.

Jamie was the picture of confidence as she posed in front of an actual fire truck.

The star couldn't have looked any happier as she beamed with joy ahead of the ritzy Hollywood event.

Jamie stars opposite Jurnee Smolett and Jonathan Majors in the horror drama series Lovecraft Country.

The critically-acclaimed series is up for two awards this evening: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series and Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Comedy Or Drama Series.

The series is just one of many being recognized this evening at the 2021 awards show.

This year's SAG Awards will celebrate the best of their craft with a pre-taped ceremony airing on Sunday, April 4th 2021.

Facing the unique challenges of a pandemic-era awards show, SAG-AFTRA's awards committee decided against a Zoom-heavy affair in lieu of pre-produced pieces and top-secret acceptance speeches shot ahead of time.

Instead of entertaining an audience, the 2021 SAGs will honor nominees with a series of docu-series style segments in a nod to their traditional 'I Am An Actor' segments which usually open the show.

Viola Davis, Riz Ahmed, Cynthia Erivo, Sterling K. Brown, Dan Levy, Rita Moreno, Common and Daisy Ridley are just some of the stars that are confirmed for the hour-long show, which will take place without a host.

'I can't wait to see all of the pieces come together, I think this is going to be really lovely,' actor and SAG awards committee member Elizabeth McLaughlin told ABC of Sunday's ceremony, which will air on TNT and TBS.

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:36 AM #2

Yes USA
has Evil thugs attacking Asians
I have posted about it

So Chung has Valid points.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antiasian, attends, awards, chung, jamie, racism, sag, stand, takes