Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 10:48 AM #351

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

I also don’t think they should have done an interview giving their side of the story after years of constant harassment and false stories being spread about them, how dare they want to speak their truth, they should have continued to suffer in silence
Old 12-04-2021, 10:48 AM #352
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
It was meant to hurt...and thats the most telling part.
Who was it meant to hurt?
Old 12-04-2021, 10:51 AM #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Who was it meant to hurt?
Both the Institution and his family...
Old 12-04-2021, 10:55 AM #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
I also don’t think they should have done an interview giving their side of the story after years of constant harassment and false stories being spread about them, how dare they want to speak their truth, they should have continued to suffer in silence

They had left...they were where they wanted to be. It was done for exposure and for spite.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:58 AM #355
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
They are free to do whatever interviews they want. It’s not down to you to say they shouldn’t.
I said there was no need to do the interview not that they shouldn’t

The interview has back fired and they been called out and proved to be liars
Old 12-04-2021, 11:01 AM #356
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
I said there was no need to do the interview not that they shouldn’t

The interview has back fired and they been called out and proved to be liars
Saying there was no need kinda implies that they shouldn’t have though right?

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 12-04-2021, 11:03 AM #357
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

there was only one reason they did the interview, to discredit the "firm" and the royal family. If that's not a vindictive action, what is
Old 12-04-2021, 11:03 AM #358

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They had left...they were where they wanted to be. It was done for exposure and for spite.
It was done to tell their side of the story, which they are perfectly entitled to do when they have been unfairly represented for so long out of malice
Old 12-04-2021, 11:05 AM #359
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
there was only one reason they did the interview, to discredit the "firm" and the royal family. If that's not a vindictive action, what is
As has been mentioned, they did it to tell their story because of the mountain of unfair and untrue stories that are told about them.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 12-04-2021, 11:08 AM #360

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I’m sure all those who are so adamantly against the interview would definitely stay quiet and take it if they felt they were being purposefully misrepresented and lied about constantly though
Old 12-04-2021, 11:11 AM #361

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The irony is that there's literally no way for people defending this crap to be right. You have literally two options;

1) People are talking crap and Philip would have put his personal links with and love for his grandson above the monarchy/duty and all of the pomp and nonsense, in which case he would not have been devastated by Harry living his own life, and would be furious about him being attacked by the press and public on his behalf...

OR

2) ...he had more devotion to the institution than to his grandkids and would be happy to see his grandson and his grandson's wife attacked on his behalf after his death, and in fact using his death as a stick to beat them with, in which case Harry was absolutely right to get his family far away from that.

Those are your choices.
Either people are wrong and Philip would NOT want his death being used to attack his family, OR people are right and Philip would be happy with this in which case **** the lot of them and Harry and Meghan are far better off away from that.

FWIW I think it's the former and Philip would be furious about being used as a battering ram in death.
My goodness
I can't recall ANYONE saying Philip would be devastated at Harry living his own life, in fact I don't recall anyone even on here saying he shouldn't live his own life.
It would think however that Prince Philip would be hurt and disappointed at the way he has chosen to go about it. It is said the interview bothered him and there is no reason to believe otherwise as that would be entirely understandable. I know you have said before that you don't think Philip would be bothered at all, but I totally disagree and the reports say otherwise.

I doubt he said to himself "I'll pretend I support everything Harry and Meghan are doing and saying throughout this whole debacle since they left the firm just in case someone leaks how I feel and they say nasty things about them when I die". Come off it!

Last edited by jet; 12-04-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:16 AM #362

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Absolutely
Old 12-04-2021, 11:41 AM #363
-

-

Quote:
Both the Institution and his family...
I don't agree that you can "hurt" an institution. Discredit maybe, but so what, that's a perfectly legitimate reason to do something if it's how you feel.

Can you provide me with some quotes or examples of it being designed to personally hurt members of the family?
Old 12-04-2021, 11:44 AM #364
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
when did we get saddled with this awful phrase

its 'their truth' they weren't cross examined they were given a platform to say whatever they wanted, and a lot of it has already been shot down as untrue, like Megs locked in the Tower with no means of escape

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 12-04-2021, 11:47 AM #365
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
when did we get saddled with this awful phrase

its 'their truth' they weren't cross examined they were given a platform to say whatever they wanted, and a lot of it has already been shot down as untrue, like Megs locked in the Tower with no means of escape
A lot of it has been willfully misinterpreted - there's a difference. I honestly don't understand why anyone would play stupid and pretend not to understand that people don't necessarily mean everything literally though - it's not a convincing argument, it just makes the person saying it look like they're too dumb to read between the lines .
Old 12-04-2021, 11:48 AM #366
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A lot of it has been willfully misinterpreted - there's a difference. I honestly don't understand why anyone would play stupid and pretend not to understand that people don't necessarily mean everything literally though - it's not a convincing argument, it just makes the person saying it look like they're too dumb to read between the lines .
come on now it was over exaggerated by them to make good TV and anyone who is wilfully ignoring that needs their head examining

anyhoo this has been done to death for me at any rate

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 12-04-2021 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:03 PM #367

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Have a look at posts 309 and 313 here. I don't think you have commented on the content?
Old 12-04-2021, 12:04 PM #368

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
come on now it was over exaggerated by them to make good TV and anyone who is wilfully ignoring that needs their head examining

anyhoo this has been done to death for me at any rate
Indeed.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:08 PM #369
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Andrew Morton, Diana's and Meghan's biographer:

Speaking on Royally Obsessed podcast, biographer Mr Morton said: '[The Queen] gave them the opportunity to go wherever they please.
'They were given a degree of latitude.
'They were told "here are your first class tickets, pick which country you want to go to, we're going to make you youth ambassadors for the Commonwealth".

'In fairness to the royal family, in fairness to the Queen, she did give them that opportunity to go wherever they pleased.
'And also, they did say to Meghan if you don't want to embrace royal duties full time please be our guest and continue your acting career.
'Those opportunities were open to her.'
Poor Meghan, having to dance to the royal families tune, forced to stay in the Palace and refused help and not even allowed her passport and keys, making out to the American audiences that she was practically a prisoner.

The Queen and the Duke and all the rest probably thought 'ahh, she isn't doing anything wrong, she's adorable and a right laugh hahaha.'
Quote:
Buckingham Palace provided Meghan Markle with the Queen’s most senior staff to serve as her “mentors” before getting hitched to Prince Harry, according to a report, contradicting her claim that she didn’t receive help transitioning into the royal family.
It is very disingenuous to make such a sweeping generalization,” a source told the Daily Mail. “There was a brilliant team of very experienced and loyal aides to help them. Sadly, she and Harry were willing to listen to no one. And that is the honest truth.”
In fact, Queen Elizabeth II enlisted her most trusted adviser, Samantha Cohen, to help Meghan prepare for her wedding and for royal life, sources told the British tabloid.

Cohen was also responsible for giving the former actress regular tutoring sessions on everything from royal etiquette to diplomatic protocol at Kensington Palace.

Queen Elizabeth II’s most trusted adviser reportedly helped Meghan Markle prepare for royal life with Prince Harry.
“The Queen gave her Sam, her most trusted, her safest set of hands,” the source told the Mail.
“Yet Meghan told Oprah Winfrey that while the Queen had personally been ‘wonderful,’ she hadn’t received any guidance on how to behave as a royal — leaving her forced to Google the national anthem,” the insider added.
In the explosive interview that first aired on CBS Sunday night, Markle claimed she received no support leading up to her wedding and her efforts to blend in with the royal family.

“Unlike what you see in the movies, there’s no class on how to speak, how to cross your legs, how to be royal,” Markle told Winfrey. “There was none of that training that might exist for other members of the family. That was not something that was offered to me.”
Markle also revealed that Prince Andrew’s ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, taught her how to curtsy before meeting Her Majesty the Queen for the first time.
Meghan was sure enjoying the American audiences lapping all the lies up. I'm sure the Royals were delighted for her and admiring at how well she was carrying it off.
Quote:
Have a look at posts 309 and 313 here. I don't think you have commented on the content?
These? I mean I think I've covered quite thoroughly over the many, many weeks of this discussion what I think about the Royal pundits/commentators/reporters/biographers and why I think they are the very definition of a biased and unreliable source. Have I not been clear in that? Well to clarify;

I didn't respond to these posts because I'm not interested in these "Royal writers". It's all irrelevant hearsay and drivel.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:15 PM #370
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
I’m sure all those who are so adamantly against the interview would definitely stay quiet and take it if they felt they were being purposefully misrepresented and lied about constantly though
TV does not do this and there are hundreds of media that do not so this like radio, magazines online - they get amazing positive media that far outweighs the odd tabloid (that they dont even read).

Lol - its like this was their first interview
Old 12-04-2021, 12:17 PM #371
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
they get amazing positive media that far outweighs the odd tabloid (that they dont even read).
Surely not? How is that possible - they are toxic. Aren't they??
Old 12-04-2021, 12:17 PM #372

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...-royal-family/

Bristling tensions with Prince Harry remain, but Royal family will wear the mask of unity at Duke’s funeral

…….It is no secret that the Royal family were left universally shellshocked by the couple’s interview with Oprah Winfrey last month, in which they accused an unnamed family member of asking about Archie’s skin tone and blamed “The Firm” for a lack of support.
Harry’s suggestion that Charles and the Duke of Cambridge felt “trapped” in the monarchy is also believed to have caused deep offence among his nearest and dearest – not to mention the fact that the two-hour televised tell-all was broadcast to the world while Prince Philip, 99, was still undergoing treatment in hospital.

With subsequent phone calls between the royal brothers and between Harry and his father described as “unproductive” by Gayle King, the US TV anchor and a friend of the Sussexes, bristling tensions still remain.
The fragile situation was certainly not helped by the statement issued via the Sussexes’ Archewell website on Friday reacting to Duke’s death.
Reading: “In loving memory of His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh, 1921-2021. Thank you for your service… you will be greatly missed,” the brevity of the message raised eyebrows behind palace gates – as well as the misjudged timing.
As one royal insider explained: “There’s a natural order here and they just ignored it by putting their own statement out, without telling anyone, before the Prince of Wales had even issued a response. Quite a few people read it and thought: “Is that all they’ve got to say?”
According to one royal source: “The funeral will be a unifying moment because it’s about the loss of a beloved father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
“And on top of all that, there’s a real, clear-eyed focus on support for the Queen. It’s all about HM right now. That’s the universal feeling right across all branches of the family.”
Or as another put it: “They know the world will be watching. There will be no outward signs of any tensions whatsoever. The entire focus will be on the Queen, no exceptions. A family unified.”

As it should be!
Old 12-04-2021, 12:22 PM #373
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Surely not? How is that possible - they are toxic. Aren't they??
Well indeed that is, I think, what Harry said of "the meedja" he blatantly says he never ever looks at

Old 12-04-2021, 12:23 PM #374
-

-

Quote:
They know the world will be watching. There will be no outward signs of any tensions whatsoever. The entire focus will be on the Queen, no exceptions. A family unified.”
"Hey everyone... hey... h... hey guys... it might look like the issues within the family aren't anything like as severe as we've all been making out... but just to let you know in advance... that is not true and they are all pretending! Don't worry, they still all hate Marry and Meghan and feel betrayed and totally devastated and all of that stuff! It's a mask out of respect for Philip! So just keep that in mind while watching it. If you see William talk to Harry, it's to keep up appearances. And if one of them smiles at the other it is a ruse! Don't worry! You can go back to hating them immediately after the funeral. Cos the other Royals have been utterly betrayed and don't want anything to do with them now. Never forget these are the facts."

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 12-04-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:24 PM #375
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Well indeed that is, I think, what Harry said of "the meedja" he blatantly says he never ever looks at

There are like 5 - 10 members whose posts I never look at LT - it doesn't mean I'm not aware that they're ****.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cost, discussion, harry, meghan, official, security, taxpayer, thread, visit