Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 19-04-2021, 03:31 PM #1

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Asttina Mandela
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Asttina Mandela
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
Default Predict the masked dancer line up

I know they're going to have 12 celebs but for the sake of this I can think of 16 that I imagine producers would aim for.

Hopefully they'll be no Strictly professionals and ideally very few past contestants as hopefully they'll think more outside the box for that, they've done so for TMS anyway so I'm hopeful.

Anyway here's my predicted 16 and why I think these will have at least been asked:-

Beth Tweddle
She won DOI and she's a gymnast, she'll be good at this.

Billie Piper
I think they'll have at least some singers and Billie's a triple threat I believe!

Donny Osmond -
Has been a contestant on TMS US, been a guest judge on TMS UK and has won DWTS. I'm hoping they try and get past DWTS contestants that are widely known here, instead of just going for the usual Strictly folk while still getting good dancers in the cast. Also I don’t think having international celebs would be a problem as since they’ll have dance partners and potentially even dance groups I imagine the entire cast will have to quarantine anyway.

Jamie Bell -
Been in many things since but he is probably still best known for playing the titular character in Billy Elliot. A trained ballet & tap dancer, it would be nice to see him go back to his roots for this. Also according to IMDb all of his projects are in either pre or post production so has the time!

Jane Seymour -
2x Golden Globe winning British actress & bond girl has also appeared on DWTS in the US and was rather impressive!

Jennifer Grey -
American actress best known for her roles in Ferris Bueller's Day Off and of course, Dirty Dancing. Would be nice to see her recreate that Dirty Dancing lift as a masked dancer, and unsurprisingly she also won DWTS so is no stranger to this sort of thing and would probably give great performances.

KSI -
His career is on a high right now so not sure if he’d do it, but it’d be nice to have someone that kids will know and yet still be familiar to older folk.

Michelle Keegan -
The typical soapie whose gone onto bigger rules (see Martine McCutcheon & John Thompson) who will be familiar to people other than just Corrie viewers. She’s not yet done Strictly which is a bonus as well.

Nicola Adams -
As many will know she was forced to pull out of Strictly due to testing positive and Strictly have said she can’t come back due to unfair advantage she will have so this would be a nice second chance.

Pippa Middleton -
Don’t really have an explanation other than she would be a surprising and unusual reveal and would probably be good at dancing. She’s technically not a royal (no more than Mike Tindall anyway who’s done The Jump) so there shouldn’t be anything officially stopping her from taking part.

Psy -
The South Korean who bought us Gangnam Style would be a great Masked Dancer addition. Quarantine again shouldn’t be a problem for the reasons mentioned above.

Sheridan Smith -
More of a prediction than a ‘wish list’ thing as personally I don’t really think much of her, but as so many people were hoping she’d be Sausage I imagine she’ll have been asked.

Tom Daley -
This is more of a prediction if they have a Series 2 of this as obviously he’d be training for the Olympics this summer. Afterwards though however I can certainly see him being on some celebrity-type competition show within a year or so.

Tim Peake -
Has expressed wanting to do Strictly in the past, maybe TMD can get the astronaut on board. That’s his costume sorted as well!

Sir Vince Cable -
The recent leader of the Liberal Democrats is also a keen ballroom dancer and even got a 10 when appeared on the SCD Xmas special back in 2010.

Wayne Sleep -
At 72 years of age, I’m not sure if he would still do it but it’d be nice to have some pro Dancers who are also household names. His recent portrayal in The Crown has also given him some recent relevance and would fit into some good clues as well!

I also had Jake Canuso from Benidorm in mind as he's from a dancing background but I don't think producers tend to go for people who are only really famous for one role.

So that's my 16 anyway, who are yours?
Maxxie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dancer, line, masked, predict