Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2021, 07:15 PM #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
SARAH VINE: Kate Middleton showed again at Prince Philip's funeral that she's a class act who can be the monarchy's new rock
By SARAH VINE

……………..Knowing, perhaps, that with the world’s cameras on the three of them the brothers would be less likely to make a spectacle, she extended the hand of friendship to Harry and drew him into conversation.
Whatever her own feelings about what was said about her in the interview, she put them aside for the sake of the greater good: an opportunity to turn what was a deeply sad occasion into one, perhaps, tinged with hope. And she did it with such effortless charm and generosity of spirit.

Who knows whether Harry and William’s exchange will go any way towards beginning to bridge the gap between them; but God love Kate for giving it a go. For seeing the bigger picture and putting their happiness ahead of her own satisfaction.
And what a stark contrast, it must be said, to that other royal consort, out in sunny Santa Barbara, always so quick to take offence, always so keen to be cast as the victim.
Well, she can say whatever she likes: the quiet sincerity of the Duchess of Cambridge’s good heart is all the truth we need to know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...chys-rock.html
Articles like this really make my blood boil. If I were Kate, I would be pissed off. They always manage to make anything good come back to Meghan. Rather than just be complimentary about Kate, they have to use her actions as a stick to beat Meghan with. Its just ridiculous.
Old 19-04-2021, 07:17 PM #602
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Articles like this really make my blood boil. If I were Kate, I would be pissed off. They always manage to make anything good come back to Meghan. Rather than just be complimentary about Kate, they have to use her actions as a stick to beat Meghan with. Its just ridiculous.
i would go further, it's actually a vomit inducing article. Mills and Boon
Old 19-04-2021, 07:28 PM #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i would go further, it's actually a vomit inducing article. Mills and Boon
This too
Old 19-04-2021, 08:06 PM #604
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

I don’t take news papers seriously, we don’t have control of what they write but we do have control of what we believe
Old 19-04-2021, 08:11 PM #605

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Here's one you lot might like better.

url]https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/royals/news-prince-andrew-sympathetic-to-prince-harry-amid-frostiness-from-royal-family/[/url]

Prince Andrew ‘sympathetic to Prince Harry amid frostiness from Royal Family’
Laura Hannam

In the latest news on Prince Harry following the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral, Prince Andrew is reportedly the only member of the Royal Family that feels sorry for him.
The Duke of York apparently has sympathy for Harry amid ‘frostiness’ from the other royals on his return to the UK.

A new report claims that several senior royals failed to acknowledge the Duke of Sussex as he arrived for Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday (April 17).
It’s claimed that Andrew knows how Harry is feeling.

The Duke of York stepped down as a senior Royal in late 2019, amid his connections to the sex offender.
A source told The Mail on Sunday: “Ironically the only one who has expressed any sympathy towards [Harry] is Prince Andrew.
“He knows from Sarah Ferguson – and now first-hand – how it feels to be the outsider, which Harry very much is.
“As far as the others are concerned, there is a deep sense of protection towards the Queen and resentment towards Harry.”
Old 19-04-2021, 08:11 PM #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
I don’t take news papers seriously, we don’t have control of what they write but we do have control of what we believe
You're quite right....too many articles are posted and referred to as gospel. I believe Kate is the.perfect wife for William and will be a fantastic consort when the time comes. I also don't believe that Meghan is the devil incarnate as a lot of these articles would have us believe.

In the world as it stands at the moment with massive issues of mental health problems, economic crisis, a global pandemic etc etc.....the inner wrangling of a multi million pound family pales into insignificance
Old 19-04-2021, 08:13 PM #607

Quote:
Here's one you lot might like better.

url]https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/royals/news-prince-andrew-sympathetic-to-prince-harry-amid-frostiness-from-royal-family/[/url]

Prince Andrew ‘sympathetic to Prince Harry amid frostiness from Royal Family’
Laura Hannam

In the latest news on Prince Harry following the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral, Prince Andrew is reportedly the only member of the Royal Family that feels sorry for him.
The Duke of York apparently has sympathy for Harry amid ‘frostiness’ from the other royals on his return to the UK.

A new report claims that several senior royals failed to acknowledge the Duke of Sussex as he arrived for Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday (April 17).
It’s claimed that Andrew knows how Harry is feeling.

The Duke of York stepped down as a senior Royal in late 2019, amid his connections to the sex offender.
A source told The Mail on Sunday: “Ironically the only one who has expressed any sympathy towards [Harry] is Prince Andrew.
“He knows from Sarah Ferguson – and now first-hand – how it feels to be the outsider, which Harry very much is.
“As far as the others are concerned, there is a deep sense of protection towards the Queen and resentment towards Harry.”
Yeah, a lot of people will be happy that a possible / probable sex offender feels sorry for Harry???

Dear lord
Old 19-04-2021, 08:37 PM #608

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah, a lot of people will be happy that a possible / probable sex offender feels sorry for Harry???

Dear lord
Did you miss the laughing emoticon?
Old 19-04-2021, 09:23 PM #609

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
I watched the whole service and Kate did what they said though. Harry was totally blanked as everyone was leaving the service. Outside, Kate started talking pleasantly to him, then when she and William moved off Harry caught up with them.
After a minute or two of chatting to him she hung back to talk to Sophie Wessex to give the brothers time on their own.
Old 19-04-2021, 09:37 PM #610
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
I watched the whole service and Kate did what they said though. Harry was totally blanked as everyone was leaving the service. Outside, Kate started talking pleasantly to him, then when she and William moved off Harry caught up with them.
After a minute or two of chatting to him she hung back to talk to Sophie Wessex to give the brothers time on their own.
Yes take nothing away from Kate but you he bit in the article about Meghan is not needed
Old 20-04-2021, 07:58 AM #611
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Future Queen Kate the peacemaker

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 20-04-2021, 08:20 AM #612
0_o

0_o

Quote:
A new report claims that several senior royals failed to acknowledge the Duke of Sussex as he arrived for Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday
Sorry, if thats true, thats quite disgusting really. Especially given the day it was. Could at least be civil. Point blank ignoring him, on the day of his grandads funeral is quite crappy behaviour tbh. But not entirely surprising. But of course, its he and Meghan who are creating and maintaining 'the rift'.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 20-04-2021, 08:31 AM #613
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Sorry, if thats true, thats quite disgusting really. Especially given the day it was. Could at least be civil. Point blank ignoring him, on the day of his grandads funeral is quite crappy behaviour tbh. But not entirely surprising. But of course, its he and Meghan who are creating and maintaining 'the rift'.
If it's true it only confirms that they were right to move away . I honestly believe it as well. I think William and Kate probably want to build bridges, but there are PLENTY of other Royals where I can entirely believe that they would pointedly ignore him.

On the plus side, it does seem like the younger generation are MAYBE going to handle their family relationships better than they have been historically. Certainly William's family seems much more like a normal bunch of parents and kids than the previous generations. The newest generation of princes and princesses might actually stand a chance of growing up emotionally healthy .
Old 20-04-2021, 09:29 AM #614
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

The truth is, every single opinion on here is guesswork. No one knows. Harry came back for his grandfather's funeral - good for him. Kate drew him into conversation - good for her. Honestly, I'm reading about his "overbearing family" and other comments from people who have not the first clue about the royal family. I don't see why people are getting so vicious with other people because they like an actress who was in a series once. Give them their privacy, it's what they said they wanted.
Old 20-04-2021, 11:01 AM #615
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:

You've said all I want to.
Really in my opinion the article isn't worthy of any valid recognition whatsoever.
In my personal view.
Old 20-04-2021, 11:15 AM #616
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
You've said all I want to.
Really in my opinion the article isn't worthy of any valid recognition whatsoever.
In my personal view.
The truth is, every single opinion in these articles is guesswork. No one knows. Harry came back for his grandfather's funeral - good for him. Kate drew him into conversation - good for her. Honestly, I'm reading about his "awful wife who has him under the thumb" and other comments from people who have not the first clue about their family. I don't see why people are getting so vicious with other people because they like The Royals who are just another family at the end of the day. Give them freedom from this constant press barrage, it's what they said they wanted.
Old 20-04-2021, 11:17 AM #617

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I dont believe that's true ,its just the media spinning things to make up stories, the internet is mad aswell, they claim they have all got on so well ,next minute they didn't speak ,this is why I ignore the manic media, we saw those pics of Harry,kate and Wlliam getting on, the media really want there to be a rift t gets them sales and viewers.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 20-04-2021, 11:20 AM #618
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
they claim they have all got on so well ,next minute they didn't speak
They've gotten themselves into a catch 22;

"We must make Harry and Meghan look bad!"
"We'll say no one talked to Harry he's an outcast hee hee"
"Hee hee yeah!"
"We must make Kate look really good!"
"We'll say she's an amazing diplomat and got Harry and William talking!"
"Yeah!"
"Yeah!!"
"Wait... but if we say that Kate and William were talking to Harry that makes it look like they don't hate him and then other people might think things are OK..."
"We'll say no one talked to Harry he's an outcast hee hee!"
"Hee hee yeah!!"
"But that makes the family look petty!"
"Yeah we'll say he talked to them!"
"Yeah!"
"But..."

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 20-04-2021 at 11:21 AM.
Old 20-04-2021, 11:36 AM #619

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

For TS.

https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-40333202.html

Britain’s Prince Harry will return to California without having a private meeting with his father.

Many family members had hoped the pair would take the opportunity to spend some time together alone, to air their differences face to face. But despite a 16,000km round trip, Harry was either unable, or unwilling, to pin down Prince Charles, who is still coming to terms with the death of his father....

Prince Charles (72) was said to have been furious about Harry and Meghan’s decision to discuss private family matters on television and he felt “let down” by his son and daughter-in-law. A source close to him said the “incendiary” interview had caused pain and division and that trust in the couple had been eroded.

“It goes against everything the Prince of Wales (Charles) believes in. He believes diversity is the strength of our society,” one source told a newspaper. “The Duke of Sussex (Harry) continues to say he respects his grandmother, but he has ridden roughshod over the institution she represents.”
Old 20-04-2021, 11:42 AM #620
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
For TS.

Britain’s Prince Harry will return to California without having a private meeting with his father.

Many family members had hoped the pair would take the opportunity to spend some time together alone, to air their differences face to face. But despite a 16,000km round trip, Harry was either unable, or unwilling, to pin down Prince Charles, who is still coming to terms with the death of his father....

Prince Charles (72) was said to have been furious about Harry and Meghan’s decision to discuss private family matters on television and he felt “let down” by his son and daughter-in-law. A source close to him said the “incendiary” interview had caused pain and division and that trust in the couple had been eroded.

It goes against everything the Prince of Wales (Charles) believes in. He believes diversity is the strength of our society,” one source told a newspaper. “The Duke of Sussex (Harry) continues to say he respects his grandmother, but he has ridden roughshod over the institution she represents.”
The grand moral Prince Charles eh? At least Harry is loyal to his wife and mother of his children..........

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 20-04-2021, 11:46 AM #621
You know my methods

You know my methods

Prince Harry's new 'CHIMPO' job title sparks hilarity in Japan... where the word is slang for
'penis
'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ity-Japan.html
Old 20-04-2021, 11:50 AM #622
-

-

Quote:
For TS.

“It goes against everything the Prince of Wales (Charles) believes in. He believes diversity is the strength of our society,” one source told a newspaper. “The Duke of Sussex (Harry) continues to say he respects his grandmother, but he has ridden roughshod over the institution she represents.”
"We'll say it was Harry's responsibility to pin down Charles for a chat and that he couldn't be bothered hee hee!"

"Hee hee!"
Old 20-04-2021, 11:52 AM #623

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
The grand moral Prince Charles eh? At least Harry is loyal to his wife and mother of his children..........
Can't disagree with that!
Old 20-04-2021, 11:52 AM #624
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Prince Harry's new 'CHIMPO' job title sparks hilarity in Japan... where the word is slang for
'penis
'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ity-Japan.html
Just googled Chief Impact Officer and every job advert for one is shortened to CIO, there is a Musical Artist called Chimpo though, the Japanese must be doubled over every time his music is played

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 20-04-2021, 12:05 PM #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
"We'll say it was Harry's responsibility to pin down Charles for a chat and that he couldn't be bothered hee hee!"

"Hee hee!"
The article even says was unable or unwilling.....so quite possibly Charles wasn't available. Its hilarious. These sources are rubbish and can't even get a full non story now

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cost, discussion, harry, meghan, official, security, taxpayer, thread, visit