Notices

RuPaul’s Drag Race Discuss RPDR here.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:33 PM #26
Banned

Banned

That Snatch game was beyond bad, and it really surprised me because I thought this cast would have done better.

I'm surprised Art has gone, Coco did better in the lipsync, but I assumed they'd sacrifice her and build Art up for the final 2. I'm not that mad at all though, since I think Coco's more entertaining and endearing. Art probably had the best look of the night though.

Also it has to be said that the Guest appearance format is really bad, If they can't have any guest judges then they should have done a revolving fourth judge like they did on the latest season of US Drag Race. They're wasting guests on nothing segments really and the lipsync not being a Kylie or Dannii song is a travesty.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:11 PM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…the snatch game was all kinds of bad ……but that the ladies felt that it was one of the best snatch games ever on drag race, it was kind of endearing and glorious as well……’I don’t know where the humour is in having your baby taken…’…

…the run, run, runways were all stunning……Anita, Karen from Finance and CoCo were my favourites…I adore Coco, she’s my top gal for sure so far……sad to see Art go, though…also a lovely queen….

…Art Simone…

Last edited by Ammi; 09-05-2021 at 07:12 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:40 AM #28
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Reading this I thought the Snatch Game would be horrific but I quite enjoyed it, I think Anita, Etc Etc and Scarlet were all funny and some of the others had moments too. Maxi was funny but not engaging. I'd say only two or three of them outright flopped. Art thinking her Bindi was good had me cringing. At least Coco and Karen recognised it.

Elektra needs to step it up pronto on the runway, I like her but she's very weak compared to the others.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:47 AM #29
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

soz bitch sksk
Old 14-05-2021, 07:09 PM #30
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I actually enjoyed the Snatch Game as well... if anything it fell flat because the three judges could not have been less interested in being there, and that's a major problem for the future of this series. You can tell Ru and Michelle are there for a paycheck and nothing more... their criticism isn't constructive, they're losing patience and are just a chore to watch at this point.

That said... Etc was safe?! For a ****ing gross joke about a mum whose baby was killed, and a basic diving suit runway?! Kita was okay but for me the top 3 were Anita, Scarlet and Maxi.

Coco was by far the worst, and Art was also bad, so the bottoms were correct but I'd have put Karen low over Maxi, by far. Awful impersonation of Dolly and a campy shark costume that might be alright for a staff Halloween party. Elektra sucked, too, and is obviously being kept around for the "crap underdog who annoys the other veterans by still being there" storyline.

The Minogues were criminally underused. And that lipsync song was trash without the S12 queens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 02:23 PM #31
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

that episode felt weird, the judging felt so off as well
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 04:34 PM #32
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

….awwww, I loved CoCo so much…it’s going to be hard for me to lose her so early…(…I also did prefer her lipsync but hey…)….

…In the maxi challenge, my favourites were Outback - Fake Her, they were a bit more together and polished than Three and a half men, I thought…I’m still singing Queens Down Under…there weren’t any huge stand outs in the runway for me but they were all pretty good…I’m still loving the queens, they’re such a lovely group of gals ….and yeah, I’m in mourning for Coco….

…Coco….
Old 17-05-2021, 01:37 AM #33
Banned

Banned

This series is really hard going, the judging is all over the place, the budget and production isn't there, and it feels more produced than the US seasons at this point.

I don't really care for Electra but the idea of her being in the bottom was ridiculous, we've heard years of Michelle and Ru telling girls to be cutthroat, to take the spotlight and not fade into the background yet such things are used as a reason to put one of the best performers in both routines in the bottom? Madness. I'd have probably went for Maxi and Coco for the bottom, with Maxi presumably going.

I'm gonna give it an episode or two more, if it doesn't grab me, I'm giving up with it.
Old 17-05-2021, 04:31 PM #34
Nah

Nah

It was an okay episode. The girl groups were not great nor terrible. Not one for the books.
Sad to see Coco go, she made me laugh
Old 17-05-2021, 04:47 PM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
It was an okay episode. The girl groups were not great nor terrible. Not one for the books.
Sad to see Coco go, she made me laugh
…yeah, I was pretty hopeful that Coco was going to be with us for a while…but my heart sank so low when she was in the lipsync again…tbh, I thought she was the better lipsync but I’m sure that bias and my liking of her was probably the reason for that…
Old 17-05-2021, 05:11 PM #36
King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

King Judd

Favourites:

This season is high-key trash. Bin it.
Old 18-05-2021, 04:12 AM #37
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

First episode great!
Second episode.... meh
Third

The pattern doesn't bode well going forward. I didn't like a single runway in this last episode.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2021, 08:38 AM #38
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

I would have been up for a double shantay. I thought both did great in the lip sync

The episode in general was so boring though and Scarlet is making me roll my eyes so much!
Old 21-05-2021, 06:21 AM #39
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Just watched it last night... really poor episode. I didn't get the runway theme at all - what the hell was ETC wearing? What did that have to do with prom!?

The lipsync was really good. I think Coco won it though Elektra just pulled out some bog-standard splits and kicks and didn't match the style of the song at all.

The challenge was just... bad... I didn't think Scarlet did anything amazing. I enjoyed Anita but that's about it Poor song, poor lyrics, poor verses, poor choreo... at least they looked nice

The workroom drama stuff was just so forced and boring as well... "omg Art left Coco a note, under very obvious direction from the producers"... the fake bust-up between Elektra and her teammates was more convincing than any of that whole segment.

I also just... really don't like Elektra there's a reason to feel insecure, and there's a reason people are calling her basic. That said, I don't like Scarlet either and agreed that she is waaaay too big for her boots.

At this point I only really like Anita and Kita... the others in my sig are all floundering and I just don't think they're doing a great job. Or maybe they're just doing the best with what they have: some judges who don't care about them, **** all budget, and some really, really, boring tasks.

Quote:

Old 21-05-2021, 06:48 AM #40
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I agree about the runway, Shaun…runways are one of my favourite things but it’s the first time that I haven’t commented, I think…because I just didn’t get it…?…I thought that maybe it was just me…

…I also thought that Coco won that lipsync…she didn’t rely on splits and kicks etc…which are fine when they’re well placed but they seemed more to be just thrown in for the holy heck of it…anyways, I guess that it wasn’t good for her to be in there in the bottom again so that sealed it for her….her smile could light the world…

Last edited by Ammi; 21-05-2021 at 06:49 AM.
Old 21-05-2021, 09:13 AM #41
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

I only watched the first ep of this, is it worth catching up on?

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2021, 01:06 PM #42
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I only watched the first ep of this, is it worth catching up on?
It's tough going so far, the cast is pretty decent but the production, the budget and Ru and Michelle just aren't it this season. The judging in particular (mainly Ru and Michelle) is particularly painful but Rhys is pretty fun, he's like Ross Matthews if Ross Matthews was funny.
Old 21-05-2021, 03:45 PM #43
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Rhys is one of the best things about this season, he’s probably my favourite regular judge besides Alan Carr. Otherwise I agree, it has felt pretty flat. The runways are uninspired and a lot of the cast feel like fodder. I think they’re really pushing for a Karen win too in the edit, she should’ve been bottom the last two episodes and Art clearly should’ve won the first challenge. The only other two they seem interested in are Anita and Scarlet and Scarlet obviously isn’t going to win after the whole racism scandal.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 07:56 AM #44
Nah

Nah

Not my top 2 in the bottom and Anita going
And bringing Art Simone...why? We were doing fine without her: shrug: It's completely random and without any justification whatsoever.
And Maxi Shield should have won, I love that look!

I want more of Anita, what a sweetheart and a ray of light
Old 25-05-2021, 06:29 AM #45
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Dear oh dear this series is awful...

So the whole workroom thing was just a mixture of uncomfortable and boring... the same back and forth of Elektra being bratty and hogging the cameras with her eyerolls, and Scarlet being bratty and hogging the confessionals with her ****ty, nasty comments. Etcetera joining in and proving herself to be a shallow, tedious personality as well. Could've done without any of it.

The bottom 2... Karen was certainly the worst but Anita?! She looked great would've 100% placed Etc in the bottom over her. Elektra still looked rough even with a nicer dress... her hair was a bad choice, and her makeup was too bold and drew focus away from the outfit. Scarlet winning again... it would appear that production have made the mistake of thinking she's this exciting prodigy of drag when really she's just a nasty person, a proven racist, and a really ****ing underwhelming performer. This win deserved to go to Maxi 100%... I know Divina won with a similar fabric but her silhouette was completely different and she looked fantastic, and deserved extra credit for the difficulty of it.

I'm really struggling to find an incentive to keep watching. Anita going has pretty much killed any of the likeability and fun. I like Maxi but she's obviously being given a "going home soon" edit, and Elektra's underdog story might've been interesting if she was actually any good / likeable. I know Art's great for looks but like... in the same way Karen is "great at comedy"... we all saw Snatch Game, and she ain't.

Quote:

Old 28-05-2021, 01:23 PM #46
Banned

Banned

I thought it was the best episode so far, but I always like the design challenges the most. I feel like Electra was right in saying she was basically put in the bottom 2 for being the best in her group but I don't care enough to feel anything about it. Scarlet and Etcetera are grating.

Maxi should have won that challenge easily and Anita being in the bottom 2 was just bizarre. A book look had been done before and made her worthy of the bottom 2 but Art's Marie Antoinette look hadn't? It's just more nonsensical judging.

The fact that I didn't hate this episode overall though means I'll probably give it one last try for this week's episode, if I hate it, I'm done and will simply look forward to AS6 instead.
Old 30-05-2021, 03:37 PM #47
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Latest episode was... messy.
Old 30-05-2021, 04:46 PM #48
Nah

Nah

I'm not bothered about Etcetera going home because she wasn't very pleasant.

Elektra had the best commercial and I'm happy she won. We love a rudemption.

Maxi made me laugh with her mic, I couldn't stop looking at her during that lipsync (though Etcetera gave it a good shot)

And the Scarlet thing... Ouch that was messy and tough to watch but it had to be adressed at some point. I hope she didn't just give an apololie and actually does things to make it right in the "real world" but Scarlet look regretful and I felt like it was genuine. We all made mistakes and I feel like she grew from it. Might be wrong though, I'm not following the drama on Insta/Twitter either so I don't know the tea.
Anyway, Ru had to ask her to talk about it to move on and make it right. We all deserve second chances and as Ru said, a lot of people probably want her to cancel or disqualify Scarlet.
Old 30-05-2021, 04:50 PM #49
Banned

Banned

Ugh, what an episode and not in a good way.

Scarlet Adams was just very unbelievable and insincere in her attempts at an apology. It was very 'I'm sorry, please don't kick me off the show' than 'I'm sorry for what I did and I really want to learn from my ****ups and do better'.

It's grim when wearing H&M in a pandemic gets an angrier response from Ru than blackface.

On the plus side, amazing lipsync song and an amazing performance from Maxi. I love the oldschool approach of just performing the song like you're singing the hell out of it.
Old 30-05-2021, 07:02 PM #50

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

I was about to ask if the Australian version is any good,but I'm so behind with the American one and need to catch up .

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
drag, or or, race, starts, trailee, trailer