Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:17 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default You can get an Xbox Series S for cheap at GAME....

... If you trade in a PS4/X1, you can get a Series S for £99 (Normal price is £250), if you trade in a PS4 pro/and the xbox equivalent, you can get the Series S for £50. Finally, you can also trade in a Switch (the normal version) and get the Series S for £30.

I did it today with my PS4 pro since I have no use for it now I have a PS5. You can only trade it if the console has all it's wires (including a USB charging wire for the controller) and at least one controller. There's also a special offer on the Xbox Game Pass atm where you can get the first three months for a £1 (normal price afterwards is a tenner a month).

I think it might end either next week or maybe on the weekend? Can't remember, but if it's something you're interested in, it's best to move quickly.

Last edited by Tom4784; 06-06-2021 at 04:18 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:23 PM #2
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

Saw that but I already got the ps5 so don’t see the point in getting the series s
Old 06-06-2021, 09:33 PM #3
-

-

I might get a series X in a few years if literally every bethesda ip that i’m interested in goes xbox exclusive (so t’likes of doom, fallout, elder scrolls, dishonoured, wolfenstein, outer worlds etc xD)
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:34 AM #4
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry. View Post
Saw that but I already got the ps5 so don’t see the point in getting the series s
I was interested in getting one for the exclusives, I'd never bother with the X since it would be a waste of money, but the S seems pretty worth it for the cost so far. The PS5 will be my main console of choice, but it's nice knowing I won't miss out on any potential Bethesda exclusives (as well as stuff like The Outer Worlds and the Senua sequel, etc).
Old 07-06-2021, 06:36 AM #5
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetch The Bolt Cutters View Post
I might get a series X in a few years if literally every bethesda ip that i’m interested in goes xbox exclusive (so t’likes of doom, fallout, elder scrolls, dishonoured, wolfenstein, outer worlds etc xD)

Bethesda’s big IP’s like Doom, Fallout and ES will never go exclusive. Timed exclusives are possible though I guess.

Game Pass is actually a great deal though so it’s almost worth it for that, if you play a lot of multi-platform new releases. I’ve gotten tonnes of gameplay out of GamePass and Ubisoft+ on the PC, I’ve had them for maybe 8 months at £20 a month for both (so £160 over that time) but I’ve played 6 or 7 new releases - so at least £300 worth of games - plus dabbled with a few older titles as well. Some I probably wouldn’t have bought for myself and ended up really enjoying, like Watchdogs Legion and Fenyx Rising.

I won’t get one as there’s 100% no point getting an Xbox if you have a gaming PC as all the releases come out at the same time on both, game pass is actually cheaper on PC, and Live is free... and my daughter now has the PS4Pro for playing on PSN with her friends... but for the Gaming-PCless I do think there are a couple of reasons to own both consoles.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:28 AM #6
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Bethesda’s big IP’s like Doom, Fallout and ES will never go exclusive. Timed exclusives are possible though I guess.
I used to think that as well, but now I dunno. I can see Doom being exclusive, there's more of a chance than ever that Fallout will be, due to the damage 76 did and I can see Microsoft biting the bullet on Elder Scrolls.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:51 AM #7
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

Game Pass is actually a great deal though so it’s almost worth it for that, if you play a lot of multi-platform new releases. I’ve gotten tonnes of gameplay out of GamePass and Ubisoft+ on the PC, I’ve had them for maybe 8 months at £20 a month for both (so £160 over that time) but I’ve played 6 or 7 new releases - so at least £300 worth of games - plus dabbled with a few older titles as well. Some I probably wouldn’t have bought for myself and ended up really enjoying, like Watchdogs Legion and Fenyx Rising.

I won’t get one as there’s 100% no point getting an Xbox if you have a gaming PC as all the releases come out at the same time on both, game pass is actually cheaper on PC, and Live is free... and my daughter now has the PS4Pro for playing on PSN with her friends... but for the Gaming-PCless I do think there are a couple of reasons to own both consoles.
Ign already said that starfield will be 100% xbox/pc exlusive
Old 07-06-2021, 02:52 PM #8
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I used to think that as well, but now I dunno. I can see Doom being exclusive, there's more of a chance than ever that Fallout will be, due to the damage 76 did and I can see Microsoft biting the bullet on Elder Scrolls.
I suppose it's possible... especially as both Fallout and Elder Scrolls have a massive and very loyal PC customer base due to modding. I personally wouldn't play either on a console, "vanilla" Fallout 4 and Skyrim just don't come close to what's been achieved by the modding community.

TBH it may be something Microsoft sort of HAS to do to continue in the console market. The lack of big exclusives is what killed them vs Sony during the PS4 era. They need exclusives that have such a huge draw that people will actually consider buying a whole console to play them.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:57 PM #9
-

-

Although everything is a bit up in the air now with things like Horizon and Days Gone now being available on Steam via "PlayStation Studios" .

The Horizon port is absolute trash but Days Gone is actually doing better on PC than it did on initial PS4 release in terms of reception. Probably because it's had a TONNE of bugs squashed since release.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 07-06-2021 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:15 PM #10
Banned

Banned

I think that Microsoft's presentation at E3 being a joint one with Bethesda is telling. I think Doom and Fallout are likely to be exclusive from here on out but I go back and forth with Elder Scrolls. On one hand, it's the killer app that Microsoft needs, on the other, could it be like Minecraft, a game that is just too big to be exclusive? Who knows. Either way, I'm interested to see what they'll serve up at E3.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:21 AM #11
-

-

Having had a quick gander at the difference in spec between the Series X and Series S ... ... I honestly would fork out the extra for the X if you're going to get one at all (if they're offering a similar deal for that / if they even have any).

A lot of the hardware is the same but the CPU and GPU are significantly slower on the S ... you won't get 4k and while it'll play current games well I would imagine there's likely to be framerate issues too as the generation progresses and we start getting "true" next gen titles. At the moment they're pretty much all cross-gen so built to work on PS4/Xbone so will run great on the S, but titles built with the PS5 and Series X in mind ... ?
Old 08-06-2021, 03:38 PM #12
Banned

Banned

The deal was only for the Series S, I believe.

I'm happy enough with the S, I don't have a 4K TV so it's not really a factor. It'll be good for exclusives and the game pass. I don't think I could have justified getting an X when I already have a PS5, tbh.
Old 13-06-2021, 05:51 PM #13
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetch The Bolt Cutters View Post
Ign already said that starfield will be 100% xbox/pc exlusive
https://www.gamesradar.com/starfield-release-date/

Last edited by Fetch The Bolt Cutters; 13-06-2021 at 05:54 PM.
Old 14-06-2021, 06:28 AM #14
-

-

Bethesda games are PC games at heart anyway. But the real question is… will it be possible to get a new graphics card before the end of 2022? An insane question to have to ask but it’s still looking bloody impossible. ****ing crypto miners.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cheap, game, series, xbox