Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:50 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default E3 & The Summer Games Fest

Two big gaming events are set to begin this weekend with the Summer event starting off with a stream on Thursday at 6PM and various presentations of companies taking place throughout the weekend and into next week at E3.

Here's a list of presentations and times.

Summer Games Fest Kickoff stream - 7PM Thursday
Summer Games Fest: IGN Expo - Friday 9PM
E3: Ubisoft - 8PM Saturday
Summer Games Fest: Devolver Direct - 9.30PM Saturday (Known for indie games and having some wonderfully chaotic presentations)
E3: Gearbox - After Ubisoft's presentation (known for the Borderlands games)
E3: Xbox & Bethesda - 6PM Sunday
E3: Square Enix - 8.15PM Sunday
E3: Future Games Show - 12AM Monday
E3: Capcom - 10.30PM Monday
E3: Warner Bros - Some time on Monday (It will mostly be a deep dive into Back 4 Blood, it seems)
E3: Take-Two - Some time on Monday, the Monday schedules are quite vague.
E3: Nintendo Direct - Tuesday 5PM (Namco will apparently have some presentations afterwards)

I'm guessing that the Summer Games won't have too many huge reveals but I'll watch the kickoff stream on Thursday and I'll probably keep an eye on Ubisoft's stream as well to see if there's anything interesting for Siege.

There's been some apparent leaks for Gearbox's presentation and fans of Borderlands may want to watch it.

I'm really looking forward to the Xbox presentation, mainly because this is the first year since the days of the 360 that I actually own an Xbox console. I usually keep a vague eye on it for the multiplatform reveals. The fact that it's a Bethesda and Microsoft presentation should probably be a worry to people who hope Bethesda won't go exclusive.

Square will always be worth a watch for me, I'll be hoping for some FFVII-2 news although I'm not holding my breath.

I'm also really looking forward to Nintendo Direct although I won't be able to watch it until after work, it's pretty much assumed that they'll announce the Switch Pro but I just really wanna know more about Diamond/Pearl, Pokemon Legends and Breath of the Wild 2.

Last edited by Tom4784; 08-06-2021 at 04:12 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:48 PM #2
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Thumbs up a new jurassic park game in the making?

''Take note that the Summer Game Fest 2021 next week will be featuring Frontier Developments as well as actor Jeff Goldblum from the Jurassic Park movies and who lent his voice to Jurassic World Evolution. That and how host Geoff Keighley shared a Goldblum GIF earlier today to further ask fans to be ready.''

https://segmentnext.com/2021/06/04/f...sic-park-game/

Summer Game Fest 2021 takes place on June 10. E3 2021 follows on June 12 with Steam Next Fest on June 16. Fans have to only wait another week to know for certain if there really is a new Jurassic Park game in the pipelines

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:12 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):

Excited.

Hopefully Sony decide to do something in the next few weeks as well
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:20 PM #4
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
Excited.

Hopefully Sony decide to do something in the next few weeks as well
I imagine they'll have a presence at the third party presentations, but they do need to have some sort of stream, I think. Now that Ratchet and Clank is on it's way, they need to establish a release slate for the rest of the year.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:13 PM #5
Banned

Banned

Capcom have announced their presentation for 10.30PM Monday and I've added it to the list. I'd say it's a safe bet to expect Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter and Street Fighter V news but beyond that, it's anyone's guess.
Old 13-06-2021, 09:07 PM #6
Banned

Banned

So, my thoughts so far.

The Summer Games stream was lovely, not too many games I'm hugely excited about but there was a good mix on offer.

I only watched the Rainbow Six portion of Ubisoft as Siege was the only thing I was interested in, but from what I've heard, I missed absolutely nothing. I also didn't watch Gearbox but I heard it was a pointless presentation.

Xbox had the best showing so far, there was a ton of interesting and exciting games and the Game Pass has pretty much solidified itself as the best deal around. The fact that every major Xbox title and a good chunk of third party games will be available Day 1 on Game Pass is just crazy. Microsoft have truly woken up and I'm excited to see how Sony responds.

The Square Enix presentation was a waste of time. I liked the look of Guardians of the Galaxy but the segment went on far too long and I was put off it by the end. The fact that they are doing a classic collection of FF games and are not bringing them to consoles is infuriating and deeply stupid and the focus on mobile gaming as a whole was a mistake. Few people who watches these things care about mobile gaming, why devote so much time to it while neglecting titles people wanted to see? The Babylon game has potential but I need to see more (plus I was frustrated by the presentation at this point and didn't care too much about the interviews that were eating up time).

Life is Strange looks lovely though, I'm truly excited for it and I'm comtemplating getting the ultimate version since I fancy playing through the remastered original games.

As for the final game, Final Chaos: Chaos Rising: Special Chaos collection, Definitively Chaotic Game of the Chaos. I cringed through the entire chapter, a Dark Souls take on FF1 was rumoured a few days back and the gameplay has potential but if I hear the word Chaos again, I will ****ing scream.

I'm looking forward to see what Capcom have to offer and I'm sure Nintendo will serve up some big surprises.
Old 14-06-2021, 12:33 AM #7
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Capcom have announced their presentation for 10.30PM Monday and I've added it to the list. I'd say it's a safe bet to expect Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter and Street Fighter V news but beyond that, it's anyone's guess.
I’d say we will get resident evil news too I’m hoping
Old 14-06-2021, 12:59 AM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry. View Post
I’d say we will get resident evil news too I’m hoping
I think they've confirmed that they'll be covering Resident Evil 8, which is a bit odd. It could be some meaningful DLC which, if that's the case, would make RE8 the first RE game in quite a few years to get some DLC beyond costumes and weapon packs.

If I remember right the four things they will cover are two Monster Hunter Games, The new Ace Attorney collection and RE8 along with a few surprises. One of those 'surprises' will probably be Street Fighter related, but I think there's a slight chance they could announce Resident Evil Outrage which was listed in the big Capcom leak last year, but then again it may be far too early to announce a new RE game.
Old 15-06-2021, 02:56 AM #9
Banned

Banned

Capcom serving peak 'This could have been an email' energy with their presentation.

Hopefully Nintendo can finish this E3 on a high.
Old 15-06-2021, 08:05 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I hope Nintendo can deliver. Xbox have got me excited and I'm a PS5 fan boy. They're falling behind with me so I hope they can grab my attention
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 01:50 PM #11
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I don't see Nintendo doing anything good. Dead franchise, resigned to flogging and milking their past glories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 01:53 PM #12
Banned

Banned

I imagine they'll probably highlight the Gen 4 remakes since it looks like it'll be their big November release heading into Christmas. There's a chance for some BOTW2 news although I'm not holding my breath. There's been strong rumours about the HD switch but I think a lot of those rumours suggested they'd reveal it prior to the Direct.

I've kind of given up on seeing it any time soon but I'd screech if they announce something about Bayonetta 3.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
e3, fest, games, summer