Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2021, 02:50 AM #5851
0_o

0_o

Asked women not to get pregnant!? How on earth did they word that request?! Surely it's not just the women who need such a warning too. Am just trying to imagine Boris coming on his conference and saying like.. 'cocid levels are rising, do not have any unprotected sex ladies else you will be responsible for deaths!' or something. Mind..Not too wildly different to 'it is now illegal to have sexual contact or even kiss or hug, or speak to at that, anyone outside tour household I guess, which seemed fine!
(I do know the situation in Brazil is much worse than here though. And am not mocking their situation, as it's awful. Just finding the request for no-one to get pregnant quite odd really at the min!)
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 19-06-2021, 02:58 AM #5852
0_o

0_o

I also think the birth death rate is high in Brazil to start with sadly. Like many other things..violence and such being one. Am not too sure it's delta covid causing high mortality rate in mothers, though as with rest of post, will look up stats In morning to see if significant rises have happened.. They seem to struggle with a fair few things we take for granted like. Wonder if it's a numbers game or not, meaning..does it just look like they have high birth mortality rate as there are so many people, or for another reason? Mainly posting this to remind myself to check stats in morning on that. As it's not something I have thought much into besides 'it must be awful to be part of X group in Brazil' which on second thought may be a bit unfair on Brazil if it is actually relative to the amount living there rather than very very high actual stats on a population level

Edit. Now thinking this whole post just looks waffley tbh. But need to leave it for a bit to remind me to search
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-06-2021 at 02:59 AM.
Old 19-06-2021, 02:58 AM #5853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Asked women not to get pregnant!? How on earth did they word that request?! Surely it's not just the women who need such a warning too. Am just trying to imagine Boris coming on his conference and saying like.. 'cocid levels are rising, do not have any unprotected sex ladies else you will be responsible for deaths!' or something. Mind..Not too wildly different to 'it is now illegal to have sexual contact or even kiss or hug, or speak to at that, anyone outside tour household I guess, which seemed fine!
(I do know the situation in Brazil is much worse than here though. And am not mocking their situation, as it's awful. Just finding the request for no-one to get pregnant quite odd really at the min!)

Yes but so tragic Mothers having a baby
and having Delta Covid-19,
so many have died.

They Flew the skynews drone over the
massive graves that are increasing.

In Brazil, it is far Worse
as the Vaccinations are not being done
like the UK.
Old 19-06-2021, 03:01 AM #5854
0_o

0_o

How many extra mothers have died because of deltacovid arista, do you know or can you currently use Google effectively? Am on phone so can do nowt, cannot get used to typing on here instead of laptop! And phone seems to do random crap on it's own so try to do the bare minimum really!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-06-2021, 03:03 AM #5855

[COVID-19: UK's longest-known coronavirus patients dies
after choosing to withdraw from treatment

The 49-year-old had spent more than 13 months
in intensive care after contracting the
disease in March last year.

Jason Kelk, 49, had spent more than a year
in intensive care at St James' Hospital in
Leeds after contracting coronavirus in March 2020.
He was transferred to a hospice yesterday
morning and died surrounded by his family.]

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...tment-12336139
Old 19-06-2021, 03:06 AM #5856

Quote:
How many extra mothers have died because of deltacovid arista, do you know or can you currently use Google effectively? Am on phone so can do nowt, cannot get used to typing on here instead of laptop! And phone seems to do random crap on it's own so try to do the bare minimum really!

COVID-19: Pregnant women and their
unborn babies dying in Brazil as deaths set to pass 500k mark

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-500k-12336058
Old 19-06-2021, 03:07 AM #5857
0_o

0_o

And really to me, we should be giving our vaccine stock to places like Brazil and India and others. Instead of playing the 'can we get every person in the country vaccinated before everyone else's race imo, now seeming to be moving onto fit very young people.. High risk people, whichever country they are from, should be prioritised. I might be alone in this but am angry, not happy/relieved, that we are doing 20 year olds now pretty much, whilst some vulnerable over 80s are just waiting for something that has huge potential to save their lives, by virtue of being 'unlucky' with where they were born like.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-06-2021, 03:25 AM #5858
0_o

0_o

'Brazil maternal mortality ratio was at level of 60 deaths per 100,000 live births in 2017, down from 62 deaths per 100,000 live births previous year, this is a change of 3.23%.'

And

The birth rate for Brazil in 2018 was 14.073 births per 1000 people, a 1.12% decline from 2017.

Using earlier years so it's clearly not affected by covid. Recent stats may have changed somewhat

I mean, my stats head isn't too clear at the min but these together do not look good to start with and I don't think an increase of 40 a week is cause for alarm given usual numbers? I may be estimating wrong mind, and will gladly say so later if am wrong. Could do with TS here like, assuming he's still resident stats guy

Tldr; I feel there is a large chance that bit may be scaremongering, where scaremongering is REALLY not necessary as the actual situation is bad enough without embellishments.. I hate the word scaremongering generally but there isn't really another word to describe the press behaviour duringmuch of this crisis. Bipolar reporting between 'nothing to see here, never has been, bad controlling Tories' and the much more common 'omg we are all gonna die if we do not get 99.99999% of the world vaccinated. We are basically fighting the reincarnation of the plague' when really, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-06-2021, 03:29 AM #5859

From the Brazil link

["In 2021 we observed an increase in pregnant women
affected by COVID, likely because of the new strain.]

Last edited by arista; 19-06-2021 at 03:29 AM.
Old 19-06-2021, 03:31 AM #5860
0_o

0_o

Have been trying to book my own anyway (hypocritical maybe given I don't think I should have been offered it but..yeah) and 3 times now they have told me to go to hartlepool. Which is about 2 hours, maybe more with changes, each way on bus. Meanwhile I know people my age And younger(So it's not a case of closer places prioritising the vulnerable here) who got it at..our local gp, the chemist, bloody asda 5 mins away, 2 local pop up testing centres( which have now closed as next to no infection, while apparently infections are soaring?! Weird excuse to me) and finally, the local hospital (not a&e obv)

So I remain among the few unvaccinated really. Until they stop being so awkward and basically expecting me to cross country or something when there's a place 2 mins away!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-06-2021 at 03:35 AM.
Old 19-06-2021, 03:34 AM #5861
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
From the Brazil link

["In 2021 we observed an increase in pregnant women
affected by COVID, likely because of the new strain.]

Thanks but i already read that one. And
Commented
on it so not sure why you posted it
Again

Life in the city.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-06-2021, 03:37 AM #5862

Quote:
Have been trying to book my own anyway (hypocritical maybe given I don't think I should have been offered it but..yeah) and 3 times now they have told me to go to hartlepool. Which is about 2 hours, maybe more with changes, each way on bus. Meanwhile I know people my age (So it's not a case of gp prioritising the vulnerable here) who got it at..our local gp, the chemist, bloody asda 5 mins away, 2 local pop up testing centres( which have now closed as next to no infection, while apparently infections are soaring?! Weird excuse to me) and finally, the local hospital (not a&e obv)

So I remain among the few unvaccinated really. Until they stop being so awkward and basically expecting me to cross country or something when there's a place 2 mins away!

Is it a AstraZeneca
As a Journalist went on TV saying she can no longer get that one
she wants her 2nd jab.
Old 19-06-2021, 03:59 AM #5863
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Is it a AstraZeneca
As a Journalist went on TV saying she can no longer get that one
she wants her 2nd jab.
No clue. I don't think you find out til you get it? Most I know didn't anyway, though of course they knew what second one will be.

Am dreading it really. As I know I had covid. I still have 'long covid'(Though calling it that feels wrong, all I have really is taste not 100% still, and a bit of a knackered chest. Which is obviously great when people look at you like a nuke for coughing slightly..) And anecdotally it seems most I know who were quite ill with first one were those who had previously had covid at some stage. So am basically expecting to purposely invoke a night or 2 of (mini, as it doesnt sound quite as bad as covid itself)severe flu symptoms, on purpose. To protect me from an illness that largely appeared to be..a short, intense flu that made me lose taste and smell. My brain cannot help bit see this as silly, purposely getting ill to avoid maybe getting a bit ill at some stage in the future ( but unlikely as natural response may work aswell as vaccine anyway!)But I still feel I need to do it, very odd really.

Totally get high risk people getting it and while I have not been the most panicky of people even when things looked terrifying..I feel huge relief my dad is now jabbed, I have to say. I didn't realise how worried I was about him until the worry lifted..
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-06-2021 at 04:01 AM.
Old 19-06-2021, 04:10 AM #5864

But they will ask you
If you have had all that - you will be Not Permitted

Last edited by arista; 19-06-2021 at 04:12 AM.
Old 19-06-2021, 04:42 AM #5865

Quote:

It’s averaging 42 pregnant women dying each day ( Brazil)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 19-06-2021, 04:45 AM #5866
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
It’s averaging 42 pregnant women dying each day ( Brazil)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
A week not a day accidental scaremongerer you!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-06-2021, 07:25 AM #5867
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

the stats coming out of brazil on covid are extremely dodgy to put it mildly. We cannot use brazil as an accurate source of information. We all know this fgs
Old 19-06-2021, 01:56 PM #5868
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/0...est-on-return/

Netherlands: recap of our press conference last night

we scrap most covid rules from June 26th, holidaygoers asked to take a test on return

Quote:
Youngsters returning from abroad after celebrating passing their exams can have a test at a regional health board from Monday. ‘I can’t emphasise enough that coronavirus is not gone,’ health minister Hugo de Jonge said. ‘That is why we are asking everyone who comes back to take a test.’

Nevertheless, there are several uncertainties which can change the current optimism, Rutte said. Firstly, it remains to be seen what the vaccination rate is and if all population groups are well covered.

In addition, there could be new variants. People may also bring infections back from holiday and, said Rutte, we do not yet know what the seasonal impact is.

so we might have to go into another national lockdown maybe upcoming winter we don't know yet

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Old 19-06-2021, 01:58 PM #5869
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Netherlands: as of tomorrow german tourists are again welcome in 3 provinces Groningen, Friesland, Zeeland

the german authorities have said these areas in Netherlands are no longer risk areas, the regional differences in terms of covid numbers are too big to give permission for those other provinces

Old 19-06-2021, 02:04 PM #5870
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Netherlands: week average numbers

last 7 days an average of 957 positive tests registered, friday this average was at 1.032 and last week Saturday the average was at 1.493

today 3 new deaths, not the case this happened in last 24 hours since some deaths are added later on

the number of deaths which is reported each day, is for the 11th day in a row lower than 10, last 7 days total of 19 covid deaths registered

some good news again

Old 19-06-2021, 02:05 PM #5871

Old 19-06-2021, 04:44 PM #5872

Saturday 19/6/21

14 have Died
10,321 have caught Covid-19

Patients in hospital
Latest available

Patients on ventilation
Latest available

127,970 Total UK Deaths.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
Old 19-06-2021, 04:47 PM #5873
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Saturday 12/6/21

12 have Died
7,738 have caught Covid-19

Patients in hospital
Latest available

Patients on ventilation
Latest available

127,896 Total UK Deaths

Quote:
Saturday 19/6/21

14 have Died
10,321 have caught Covid-19

Patients in hospital
Latest available

Patients on ventilation
Latest available

127,970 Total UK Deaths.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 20-06-2021, 01:15 AM #5874

Old 20-06-2021, 01:17 AM #5875

Last edited by arista; 20-06-2021 at 01:18 AM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
4pm, 6pm, conference, coronavirus, covid, downing, government, mandatory, minister, outbreak, plan, pm, prime, st, update