Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-06-2021, 02:08 AM #126
Adios

Adios

Parm has forgot his reading glasses again I see.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 03:29 AM #127
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Pretty surprised again by the severity of the sentence. I'm sure he'll have Trumpers drumming up fundraisers to try and get him out earlier though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 05:38 AM #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Pretty surprised again by the severity of the sentence. I'm sure he'll have Trumpers drumming up fundraisers to try and get him out earlier though.

Yes he got 22 years
based on his record of being a standard Cop.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 06:11 AM #129
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes he got 22 years
based on his record of being a standard Cop.
This isn't the standard, and if it is... the message has been sent that it isn't the standard that will be allowed to continue

Based on him committing an atrocious crime that was perpetrated while in a position of authority.

Based in forgetting/ignoring training that would recognize a citizen in distress that he could have saved the life of.

Based on the crime being committed in front of children, and the prevention of medically trained professionals near by to intercede.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 06:25 AM #130
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…justice for George and his family in the sentencing…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 07:06 AM #131
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

A show sentence for a show trial?
Crime and punishment has been served in this case but it’s just one grain of sand on a massive beach and normal service will resume.

Last edited by thesheriff443; 26-06-2021 at 07:09 AM.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2023, 12:46 PM #132

Derek Chauvin has been Stabbed in Prison.

Bound to happen.

https://www.france24.com/en/americas...bbed-in-prison
Old 26-11-2023, 02:13 AM #133

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Derek Chauvin has been Stabbed in Prison.

Bound to happen.

https://www.france24.com/en/americas...bbed-in-prison
Hardly surprising particularly after his recent appeal, and the reasons given for it. He still refuses to recognise he is responsible for George Floyd’s death or that his sentence was justified, and he certainly shows not an ounce of remorse for his actions. He’s a disgusting creature who should serve every day of his sentence.

I hope he survives, and has to be looking over his shoulder every minute ofevery day, in fear of what might happen.

Harsh, I know, but the 9.5 minutes he had his knee on George Floyd’s neck was truly one of the most hateful, distressing and unbearable things I have ever witnessed. There are no words that seem effective enough to describe the events of that day, but what he did to George Floyd was torturous, and in my opinion, he now deserves to feel tortured by his fear of retaliation as a result.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:39 PM #134
Sod orf

Sod orf

Some claim that Chauvin's attacker was a Black lives matter member. There's also some claims that the attacker was a FBI informant.

Chauvin files an appeal based on new evidence and within hours he's stabbed 22 times. Nothing to see here.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:27 PM #135
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

He is stated as an FBI informer by AP. He also chose friday to stab him because it was black friday supposedly, but, that sounds a bit silly to me
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 02:08 AM #136

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Some claim that Chauvin's attacker was a Black lives matter member. There's also some claims that the attacker was a FBI informant.

Chauvin files an appeal based on new evidence and within hours he's stabbed 22 times. Nothing to see here.
There is no new evidence though, just a differing interpretation of current evidence which was proved false at the original trial. And I believe the Supreme Court turned down his appeal?
Old 02-12-2023, 03:03 AM #137
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
There is no new evidence though, just a differing interpretation of current evidence which was proved false at the original trial. And I believe the Supreme Court turned down his appeal?
but he was stabbed in prison more than 20 times, which doesn't say a lot for their prison service
Old 02-12-2023, 07:57 AM #138

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
but he was stabbed in prison more than 20 times, which doesn't say a lot for their prison service
Chauvin, being a former police officer, and carrying out the very public, torturous and horrendous murder of someone, has put a permanent target on his own back. He will always be a target, and will always have to be on high alert, as certain inmates will be waiting for any opportunity to take him out. Even after his release, his situation will forever be the same.

I’ve heard the suggestion that the prison is understaffed, so wardens cannot be in all places at all times. In these situations an inmate could be seriously injured (or worse) before prison guards arrive at a scene. Of course, there is also the suggestion that guards will turn a blind eye in certain circumstances.

Whatever the situation, I find it hard to have any sympathy for Chauvin after witnessing the crime he committed on camera, and the arrogance and cruelty he displayed in doing so. I’m sorry if that sounds bad but I can’t help feeling he brought this on himself.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:10 AM #139
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Chauvin, being a former police officer, and carrying out the very public, torturous and horrendous murder of someone, has put a permanent target on his own back. He will always be a target, and will always have to be on high alert, as certain inmates will be waiting for any opportunity to take him out. Even after his release, his situation will forever be the same.

I’ve heard the suggestion that the prison is understaffed, so wardens cannot be in all places at all times. In these situations an inmate could be seriously injured (or worse) before prison guards arrive at a scene. Of course, there is also the suggestion that guards will turn a blind eye in certain circumstances.

Whatever the situation, I find it hard to have any sympathy for Chauvin after witnessing the crime he committed on camera, and the arrogance and cruelty he displayed in doing so. I’m sorry if that sounds bad but I can’t help feeling he brought this on himself.
If you witnessed the crime he committed then you must have witnessed Chavin trying to put Saint George into the back of the Police car, which is what they do with all the people they arrest. You must have witnessed Saint George resisting and refusing to get in? You must have witnessed Chauvin and partner even offering to open the window for the criminal? You must have witnessed Saint George then being the one who went to the ground? You must know that Chavin's restraint tactic had been used thousands of times before with nobody dying? You must know he was trained to restrain that way?
Old 02-12-2023, 09:31 AM #140
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

it was to be expected that inmates would try and take him out, i'm not going to go down the path of whether he deserved it or not. The point is that the prison service there continues to be corrupt
Old 02-12-2023, 04:59 PM #141
Sod orf

Sod orf

It's looking like Chauvin needed shutting up. Looks like he possibly got Epstein'd

Old 02-12-2023, 05:01 PM #142
Sod orf

Sod orf

Of course it's just a conspiracy theory to most of you. You need confirmation from the ruling elites that control the MSM.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:04 PM #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Yes,
turning their backs.

Amazing they have kept him alive
Old 02-12-2023, 05:07 PM #144
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
It's looking like Chauvin needed shutting up. Looks like he possibly got Epstein'd

So if anyone who's struggling to keep up. The guy who stabbed Chauvin was sentenced to 30 years in 2001 whilst working as an FBI informant.

Last edited by Alf; 02-12-2023 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:09 PM #145
Sod orf

Sod orf

It's all very dodgy. Cover up after cover up after cover up.

The cover up always gets you in the end.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:35 PM #146

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If you witnessed the crime he committed then you must have witnessed Chavin trying to put Saint George into the back of the Police car, which is what they do with all the people they arrest. You must have witnessed Saint George resisting and refusing to get in? You must have witnessed Chauvin and partner even offering to open the window for the criminal? You must have witnessed Saint George then being the one who went to the ground? You must know that Chavin's restraint tactic had been used thousands of times before with nobody dying? You must know he was trained to restrain that way?
I can see that our perceptions of these events are completely different. Having watched the whole trial, I heard both sides of the argument, and the spin that Chauvin’s lawyers used.

George Floyd committed an offence and did make some attempts to resist being placed in the car.. However, he was handcuffed and his struggle wasn’t exactly aggressive. George Floyd was anything but a saint- I know that - but he didn’t deserve to die for the relatively trivial crime he was being arrested for. No-one does.

People can come up with all sorts of excuses for Chauvin’s behaviour and actions, but none of them can excuse what he chose to do.

I know what I watched with my own eyes, and I know what Chauvin is. He revealed himself to the world that day. I’ve got an unending respect for police officers and what they have to endure each day, but Chauvin’s actions showed him to be nothing more than a heartless, cold-blooded and arrogant murderer, who knew exactly what he was doing during those 9+ minutes. There are no excuses for that, as I know what I saw in every painful and distressing minute of George Floyd’s murder, and your condescending sarcasm will not change what I know to be the truth, Alf.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:38 PM #147
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I can see that our perceptions of these events are completely different. Having watched the whole trial, I heard both sides of the argument, and the spin that Chauvin’s lawyers used.

George Floyd committed an offence and did make some attempts to resist being placed in the car.. However, he was handcuffed and his struggle wasn’t exactly aggressive. George Floyd was anything but a saint- I know that - but he didn’t deserve to die for the relatively trivial crime he was being arrested for. No-one does.

People can come up with all sorts of excuses for Chauvin’s behaviour and actions, but none of them can excuse what he chose to do.

I know what I watched with my own eyes, and I know what Chauvin is. He revealed himself to the world that day. I’ve got an unending respect for police officers and what they have to endure each day, but Chauvin’s actions showed him to be nothing more than a heartless, cold-blooded and arrogant murderer, who knew exactly what he was doing during those 9+ minutes. There are no excuses for that, as I know what I saw in every painful and distressing minute of George Floyd’s murder, and your condescending sarcasm will not change what I know to be the truth, Alf.
Do you not question why they allowed you to watch that trial but didn't allow you to watch the Ghislaine Maxwell trial?
Old 02-12-2023, 08:00 PM #148

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Do you not question why they allowed you to watch that trial but didn't allow you to watch the Ghislaine Maxwell trial?
I can understand why this trial was televised, as the public needed to witness that justice was served, and rightly so, in my view.

I would imagine there is all sorts of corruption in the system, and that I don’t doubt at all. It’s been evident in all sorts of cases.

I couldn’t claim to have a good knowledge of the Ghislaine Maxwell case, but I would guess the names of high profile individuals could have been revealed so that is probably the reason it wasn’t televised.

However, I’m not sure of the reasoning, and I’d be interested in your views.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:12 PM #149
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I can understand why this trial was televised, as the public needed to witness that justice was served, and rightly so, in my view.

I would imagine there is all sorts of corruption in the system, and that I don’t doubt at all. It’s been evident in all sorts of cases.

I couldn’t claim to have a good knowledge of the Ghislaine Maxwell case, but I would guess the names of high profile individuals could have been revealed so that is probably the reason it wasn’t televised.

However, I’m not sure of the reasoning, and I’d be interested in your views.
So you recognise high profile individuals. I'd also then assume that you'd think that high profile individuals have the money to buy off corrupt judges? Have the money and influence to get their selected jury's in
place? Have control of the media who can edit their propaganda to create the narrative?

But my point stands. Chavin did what he was trained to do. Chavin offered to even open a window for Floyd. That should tell you that Chauvin was not out to murder a man that only ten minutes earlier he was trying to do the best by him?

Last edited by Alf; 02-12-2023 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:22 PM #150
Sod orf

Sod orf

So why did they want the media to edit it a certain way, you ask?

Exactly for the reaction you got. Anarchy, bloodshed and death on the streets. That's what they wanted.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
chauvin, death, derek, floyd, george, trial