Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:08 PM #126
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Its so gross. I think it's time the trolls were caught and banned from using social media and given fines.
the big tech companies do that for copyright infringement

why: because there is money involved

racism?

no money

wont happen

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:16 PM #127
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Complete nonsense, as usual.

You obviously don't know what this story is about since this is about racists racially abusing players over a football result, racists aren't being blamed for losing the game, they're being blamed for their own racist actions.

You see Alf, for people who live in reality, we are responsible for our own actions and choices. I know that doesn't make much sense to someone like you who lives in a fantasy world where you can just reject facts that upset you, but that's not how the world works.

A game was lost, a bunch of racist scum abused black players for it and that's the story. Racists aren't being scapegoated for losing a game, they are being (or should be) held accountable for their own actions. It's that simple really. The only people that would try to muddy the issue are racists trying to downplay racism.
The people in the media are all getting very rich of this, of course they need a story, and if they can't find one, then they'll create one.

It's even possible that they create their own bot accounts and are the real culprits behind the racism, just to manufacture their story which makes them money.

You wanna get to the top, you gotta be corrupt.

Last edited by Alf; 12-07-2021 at 07:17 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:27 PM #128
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs down

and btw

the next World Cup is in Qatar

endorsed by the UK and Uefa

i will just leave this here:

https://www.humandignitytrust.org/co...profile/qatar/

a bit worse that 8 people leaving emojis..

Old 12-07-2021, 07:38 PM #129

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Its so gross. I think it's time the trolls were caught and banned from using social media and given fines.
It's never going to happen, trolls and nasty people seem to always get away with these things . The system is a joke.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:03 PM #130
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Last edited by Tom4784; 20-12-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:05 PM #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
The people in the media are all getting very rich of this, of course they need a story, and if they can't find one, then they'll create one.

It's even possible that they create their own bot accounts and are the real culprits behind the racism, just to manufacture their story which makes them money.

You wanna get to the top, you gotta be corrupt.
Imagine being THIS eager to defend racism.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 02:43 AM #132

You wanna know why these young men take a knee before every game, there it is. It only takes them losing a game for some to turn on them and start throwing disgusting racial abuse like it’s nothing.

Saka is ****ing 19 and never took a pen in his career and yet had the courage to step up for his country. Sancho is only 21 and Rashford has done so much to help the Vulnerable in the last year and yet this is the kind of abuse they get. No doubt they will be getting cheered the next time they score for England though. It’s honestly heartbreaking and just as I was starting to fall in love with England Football team and how much these guys can represent so many that never felt included with England, you are reminded again just why so many feel like they don’t belong to support the National Team.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 13-07-2021 at 02:50 AM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 06:39 AM #133
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

english footballers have been saying taking the knee is not political and yet here we have the same footballers criticising politicians for not condemning booing of the gesture. Couldn't make it up
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 06:55 AM #134
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
You wanna know why these young men take a knee before every game, there it is. It only takes them losing a game for some to turn on them and start throwing disgusting racial abuse like it’s nothing.

Saka is ****ing 19 and never took a pen in his career and yet had the courage to step up for his country. Sancho is only 21 and Rashford has done so much to help the Vulnerable in the last year and yet this is the kind of abuse they get. No doubt they will be getting cheered the next time they score for England though. It’s honestly heartbreaking and just as I was starting to fall in love with England Football team and how much these guys can represent so many that never felt included with England, you are reminded again just why so many feel like they don’t belong to support the National Team.
…There really isn’t a lot more to say other than what Leon already has…it really is disappointing at best and heartbreaking at its worst and this really is the worst…it’s sad and deflating to feel more strength of feeling of ‘outrage’ over books or photographs on a wall being removed than how fellow humans are being abused…

….The criticism of Boris Johnson and him not condemning the booing is that it wasn’t political and who wouldn’t condemn and anti racist gesture in support of those who are abused on ‘a daily basis’ because of their race…he’s the country leader and should be a representative of putting the ‘great’ into Britain again….and anti racism is something to openly and vocally support with a public disapproval of booing anti discrimination gestures ….it’s a simple thing, a basic thing….
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 06:59 AM #135
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…it really does all feel deflating and pointless, sadly…something to exercise that ‘outrage culture’ in a huge way in the abuse of those young guys on the football field…something real and heartbreaking and despicable that they’re experiencing…
Old 13-07-2021, 07:23 AM #136
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

England footballer Tyrone Mings has hit out at Priti Patel in her condemnation of the racist abuse faced by his teammates, after she previously called players taking the knee “gesture politics”.

Politicians and public figures have slammed the racist hate faced by England players, in particular Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka, on social media following their Euro 2020 final defeat.

The Home Secretary was among those to criticise the “vile” racist abuse that the players have been subjected to, writing on Twitter: “It has no place in our country and I back the police to hold those responsible accountable.”

….I won’t post the whole article, it’s in full here…

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/england-ty...202221727.html

…I mean, maybe I’m being dumb or something but I just don’t understand …the whole thing and criticism about trying to make an anti discrimination and anti racism gesture as political is so wrong…it was never adopted to represent anything political or an entire movement that some seem to object to…it was a simple gesture for the players and the supporters and fans and the general outer public to all feel the same unification with anti racism….surely the country agrees on that…?…but it seems not and it doesn’t help that our politicians, essentially our leaders refused to show their support….for equality, they refused to show their support and encourage it in everyone…?…for equality and anti discrimination…?…that really is something ‘outrage worthy’ ….
Old 13-07-2021, 07:42 AM #137
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

do you know how many people in the UK were involved in that insta abuse?

going by previous studies it could be as many as 2
Old 13-07-2021, 08:03 AM #138
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I noticed when I was watching EastEnders last night that the anti racism vid/BBC sport was shown…hopefully that’ll be something that continues as well and highlighted more actively, rather than there having to be abusive awful incidents first…

Last edited by Ammi; 13-07-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old 13-07-2021, 08:13 AM #139
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

so basically you won't back a likeable bunch of men due to a small percentage of cretins? the same happens in Club football have you fallen out of love with that as well?

I didn't hear a single boo or racist chant in Wembley after the team lost? did you?

Meanwhile in Italy

https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-racist-abuse

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 08:15 AM #140
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I’ve just seen this and this is so lovely to see as well who has done so much for others, having that returned to him…

Old 13-07-2021, 08:22 AM #141
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…I’ve just seen this and this is so lovely to see as well who has done so much for others, having that returned to him…

and tells you all you need to know about this tolerant and inclusive country in which we live
the most tolerant and inclusive in the world
Old 13-07-2021, 08:23 AM #142
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
and tells you all you need to know about this tolerant and inclusive country in which we live
the most tolerant and inclusive in the world
indeed and these are the people we should be focussing on and not giving oxegen to the rest

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 13-07-2021, 08:32 AM #143
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Sorry but we have to talk about the racists, if we just let it slide or ignore it we are just letting it happen under our noses. People need to be held accountable.
Old 13-07-2021, 08:34 AM #144
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Sorry but we have to talk about the racists, if we just let it slide or ignore it we are just letting it happen under our noses. People need to be held accountable.
Then instead of taking a knee the players need to boycott Instagram and try to get others too as well until they spend some of their millions in doing this?

its the social media giants who have the power and platforms
Old 13-07-2021, 08:39 AM #145
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Let’s talk about them then, what would you like to say about them? What's your strategy for holding them to account? Who are they, do we have their names?

Last edited by Alf; 13-07-2021 at 08:40 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 08:47 AM #146
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Let’s talk about them then, what would you like to say about them? What's your strategy for holding them to account? Who are they, do we have their names?
Remove their accounts. Ban them from all platforms. Publicly name and shame them. Fine them. Ban them from sporting events.

It's time we took a stand against racism and trolling.
Old 13-07-2021, 08:49 AM #147
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Remove their accounts. Ban them from all platforms. Publicly name and shame them. Fine them. Ban them from sporting events.

well said Amy
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 09:18 AM #148
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I agree with all that, so maybe the first step is for us ordinary folks to stop using these platforms until action is taken?

Old 13-07-2021, 09:24 AM #149
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

Do you know why the Billion dollar Tech Giants are not doing this?
Old 13-07-2021, 09:35 AM #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Do you know why the Billion dollar Tech Giants are not doing this?
Yep and here lies one of the problems.

Racism is engrained I think and can be a result of family heritage.

I have a friend who can be very racist, but then so were her parents.

People are taught this ****, rather than being brought up to be decent human beings. Times have changed and you have to adapt, we no longer have to sit blacks at the back of the bus or not allow them in pubs etc. Can be hard to change that if you’re from that era and been taught to hate.

It is the minority though.

Don’t get me started on black people who shout for equality, scream racism but are homophobic. Can’t have it both ways mate and your religion isn’t an excuse.... different debate that though...

But this current debate will go around and around in circles unless people are held accountable....which relies on platforms taking action.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abuse, england, players, racist