Notices

The Amazing Race Discuss all versions of The Amazing Race reality show.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:48 PM #576
d'Lenande

d'Lenande

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige22 View Post
I want to watch every series of TAR US and TAR CAN but I don’t know if I should start with TARUS1 or TARCAN1 like what should I do? Any recommendations?
Both are distinct enough from one another that you might consider watching them at the same time: US1's a leftover 90's epic (only season filmed before 9/11) whereas CAN1's a light-hearted answer to the American Family Edition.

As a back-up option, there's also TAR Australia 1, though it's not as good as either.
Valmafra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 07:35 PM #577
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Rewatching TAR21, the Twinnies really are one of my favourite teams ever (if not my favourite behind Charla & Mirna )

Old 07-04-2020, 04:37 AM #578
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Spent the last week or so watching TARCan3 and it was actually not terrible? It definitely has its flaws but it's sooooooo much better than 5 and 6 it's not even funny.

1. Brian/Cynthia (dad so dry and deadpan but soooooo funny)
2. Nic/Sabrina (being really good at like 30% of components of the race and being REALLY bad at the other 70% wish their edit stayed strong after coming back from South America)
3. Brent/Sean (actually a lot of fun? Sean puking after any strenuous activity was a fun motif)
4. Neil/Kristin (she's definitely a ****ing psyco and I probably would've loooooved her but TrashCan kinda sanitized her edit)
5. Dujean/Leilani (okay so I looooooooved the three instances where she laid into Dujean, the one in their boot leg being absolutely the best and most righteous, but then their boot just kinda made me sad since they don't even seem like they're going to be on speaking terms anymore)

6. Simi/Ope (definitely Good People but their edit was sooooooo nauseating and it basically felt like the Nicole BBUS21 thing all over again)
7. Hamilton/Michaelia (kind of suck and were boring TV *BUT* their boot leg meltdown was ****ing hilarious not surprising that they're not together anymore tbh!)
8. Nick/Matt (wasted potential, could've and should've been fun but then just turned into boring Gino/Jesse rivals)
9. Susan/Sharnjit (bizarre how they're part of the same archetype as Shahla/Nabeela and Zainab/Monica)
10. Dana/Amanda (FAN FAVOURITES DANA AND AMANDA had like one funny moment where Dana tried to rummage through a shopkeeper's purses for a thing of Mentos because she thought the shopkeeper was lying to her. But lmfaooooooo @ them being Canada's Favorite Team, even if it's only because Gino/Jesse won)
11. Max/Elias (were a team on The Amazing Race Canada 3)

12. Gino/Jesse (I don't even hate them but they were sooooooo boring and their insistence that Canada is their comfort zone and this country has EVERYTHING YOU WOULD EVER NEED is everything wrong with TrashCan so here we are)

And with that, TARCan is somehow the first franchise where I have an edgic chart for every season!!! To celebrate this drab and bland show, look at my winners compilation chart and overall compilation chart!

Spoiler:

Old 07-04-2020, 07:07 AM #579
d'Lenande

d'Lenande

CAN3 = S16
CAN5 = S15
CAN6 = S22

In other words, fook outta here.
Old 13-12-2020, 05:11 PM #580
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Alright so after realising my memory of TAR is very patchy I've decided to do a marathon of the show again. I decided to start with 2 but I'm probably just going to carry on and go in order (and will find time to squeeze 1 in at some point). I definitely plan on taking this rewatch a lot slower so I can take it in properly this time.

I finished TAR 2 the other night and it was great! One of the most exciting finales ever and the cast were all really enjoyable. Tara & Wil, Blake & Paige and Oswald & Danny were my season faves, although I wasn't mad at Tara & Wil losing because I feel like their ending is literally the perfect way to finish their story arc <3

I won't go into long write-ups (I'm lazy at the moment /rachel) but a special shoutout to FERN and all the other lovely locals that Oswald & Danny received help from simply by just being nice to them

Season 2 Rankings:
1) Tara & Wil
2) Oswald & Danny
3) Blake & Paige
4) Mary & Peach
5) Peggy & Claire
6) Chris & Alex
7) Shola & Doyin
8) Cyndi & Russell
9) Deidre & Hillary

10) Hope & Norm
11) Gary & Dave

Possibly the most likeable cast ever? Or maybe it's just because reality contestants back then were much more authentic and fascinating to watch or maybe because it's the first old season I've watched in a long time and I still have all the other seasons to go
Old 21-12-2020, 12:04 AM #581
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

As we already know, Season 3 was amazing! It had a great cast dynamic, great tasks, entertaining moments and also one of the best endings ever!!

Zach honestly deserves all the praise he gets for managing Flo and her meltdowns so much throughout the race! I screamed @ Flo wanting to quit on the penultimate ep End-game Flo was insane to watch but also fascinating in a good way and she's truly one of a kind <3

Speaking of great teams, Ian & Teri are absolute icons and I love that they defied everyone's expectations by coming so close to winning the whole thing! And the best part is, they didn't even need NEL's to keep them in either, they did it all through their own merit! It was a scream watching them bicker like an couple (because they are one lmao) and gradually get more sick of each other

I really liked the majority of these teams and it once again shows just how good casting was in the early days! Some hilarious moments too like Tramel & Talicia asking for directions to "Chaka Khan", Derek & Drew's existence causing everyone to go on a #TwinHunt, Heather & Eve thinking that 'walk to the pit stop' meant you had to walk once you got out of the taxi, Andre & Damon getting detained by local officials, everything about Ian & Teri, Flo on the bikes, Flo in Vietnam and Flo in general

Season 3 Rankings:
1) Ian & Teri
2) Zach & Flo
3) Derek & Drew
4) Heather & Eve
5) Ken & Gerard
6) Andre & Damon
7) Tramel & Talicia
8) Michael & Kathy
9) John Vito & Jill
10) Dennis & Andrew

11) Aaron & Ariane
12) Gina & Sylvia

As you can see, another season where I found it difficult to dislike anyone Also, best final 2 ever!! Can't decide whether I enjoyed this season or TAR2 more, they're both amazing!

I'm going to rewatch TAR1 next and then after that I'll be carrying on in order from 4 onwards.

Last edited by Headie; 21-12-2020 at 02:01 AM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2020, 10:51 PM #582
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I'm too lazy to do a proper write-up so all I'll say is LENNYYYYYYYYYYY TAR1 was great and the cinematic finale was a great way to end the season. You can tell they were still finding their feet with its production but it definitely works as an effective blueprint and foundation for the rest of the series!

Season 1 Rankings:
1) Frank & Margarita
2) Lenny & Karyn
3) Nancy & Emily
4) Joe & Bill
5) Paul & Amie
6) Rob & Brennan
7) Dave & Margaretta
8) Kim & Leslie

9) Pat & Brenda
10) Mat & Ana

11) Kevin & Drew

As with my other rewatches, I liked pretty much the majority of teams this season, and my top 2 teams once again are interchangeable!

Last edited by Headie; 27-12-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:57 AM #583
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Ended another year by watching a TAR season! First venture into TAR Australia and this season was fine! I thought it had a pretty strong start and a decent, but the middle legs were a bit of a slog. I also liked some of the leg designs, but some of them were just really bad and not even in a fun way. Boring and predictable winners but they didn't really take away from anything so all in all I think it was a fine season! Probably would give it a light green or so. Can't wait until TARAU2 though

1. Sam/Renae - I'm enraged that Sam got no confessionals in Ausvivor because she and Renae were super rootable and engaging and a lot of fun? I don't know, I was just a sucker for two models proving that they can hang with the guys and their ~Last Girls Standing~ era in the endgame. They didn't really provide a lot of standalone moments but I just think they're super charismatic and FUN and I dug their energy. They know how to be good and engaging TV personalities and they really were the heart and soul of the second half of the season.
2. Richard/Joey - these psychos <33333 they were just soooooo grating to everyone around them with their FOCUS, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE mantras and ~105~ and their hilariously transparent attempts at strategy and playing the game. Joey desperately begging everyone for help at the coin Roadblock, striking a deal with Mel to let her get to the Pit Stop ahead of her, and then completing renegging the deal minutes later was a work of art, as was Richard and Joey shaving their heads for a Fast Forward only to get eliminated the very next leg because basically the entire cast wanted to U-Turn them they definitely provided me with the most laughs this season.
3. Dave/Kelly - alol I don't really know why I like them so much but they were one of my initial favorite teams! They had a cute alliance with Sam/Renae and they had some funny confessionals and moments where I enjoyed them, like when Kelly completed rejected Joey's request to help her in the coin Roadblock Leg 2. I also love how they raced with absolutely no sense of urgency towards the end? They would just take like more than an hour to stop and get directions and randomly stopped to get coffee in their boot leg and Grant had to come and eliminate them I think in a McDonald's parking lot?
4. Matt/Tom - the cowboy hats made me suuuuuper wary but these two are actually good and fun! They had no clue what they were diong because they hadn't even been to places like Melbourne let alone the world, but they adapted well and became super strong racers and were just fun? Their OTTN leg in Europe (I think Prague) was hilarious, where they got pulled over by cops twice, had to push their car basically the entire leg, and pissed off a bunch of teams by trying to give them good advice but inadvertently lying to them? Them telling Sam and Renae to not take a picture of the guy with a flag was hilarious, because they had no clue that they had simply taken a picture of the wrong flag so Sam and Reane thought they were liars and were ready to kill them They kinda flattened out towards the end so I didn't mind that they didn't make it to the final leg though!
5. Mo/Mos - I didn't think I was going to like them but they're actually good? Complete race fodder who miraculously survived five legs but they were very self-aware and knew that they had no chance in hell of doing well. They were just a lot of fun and provided a lot of funny moments and had an actually funny self-deprecating sense of humor.
6. Anne-Marie/Tracy - they were cute! But obvious fodder alol like honestly making it three legs was a miracle, and even so they were so ****ing stupid for taking a penalty after Mo and Mos already did. But they were a bit of fun and they were like some budget Gutsy Grannies.
7. Chris/Anastasia - I feel like this is going to be seen as criminally low BUT honestly they're lucky to be in green for a while. I did *NOT* like them at first. I think Chris is a huge asshole and he said more than a few too many sexist comments for my liking. He treated Anastasia terribly at times and it reminded me of Jonathan and Victoria. That being said, I liked them a lot more when they started to learn how to work together and realized that they actually are capable of getting through legs without fighting or screaming at each other. And they even won a leg in the process! Their elimination was bull**** with the stupid wood-cutting Intersection and I at least appreciated Chris being really good with Anastasia. They also got into green because Anastasia was actually great and I loooooved whenever Chris would disrespect her and she would just stop whatever she was doing and REFUSE to help him until he apologized. Petty queen

8. Alana/Mel - so i feel like this is ~low~ compared to what other people may think BUT I actually had them as #10 for a while so this is generous. I don't really like Mel at all. I know I shouldn't factor this in, but the Royal DJ prank is just really ****ty and it's tough to separate her from that. But even regardless of that I don't think I would like her anyway? Her whole shtick was how she ran away from home and NEVER had a good relationship with her sister Alana, and she loves her because she's her sister but she doesn't like her because she just does NOT get along with nerds. It was just way too try-hard and something I would expect from, like, Corinne Kaplan. She was mean to Alana and not in a fun way BUT I did come to enjoy their last two legs where Alana finally started to prove herself to Mel and gain her respect. It was a nice ending for a team that I don't care for whatsoever.
9. Jeff/Luke - eh they were fine. I can see why they were put on the show because their strained father/son relationship is interesting but they kinda got over it super quickly and it didn't matter at all. They were all about racing with honor and integrity and I'm shocked MATESHIP didn't come up at all. They did have some funny moments though, like Jeff being completely awful at the Hebrew Roadblock and forcing Nathan to begrudgingly help him.
10. Tyler/Nathan - perfectly fine humans but the concept of them is more annoying than anything. Two straight dudes who are randomly competent at just about all aspects of the race and are super lucky along the way too. Yawn. Nothing actually offensive though so I'm fine with them.
11. Ryot/Liberty - I had no clue that Rebel Wilson's siblings were the first season's stunt casting but alol at them being first boots. They were vaguely annoying at times, vaguely likable at other times, and overall I did not care one bit about them!
Old 04-01-2021, 09:53 PM #584
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Finished TAR4 the other day, the first three seasons are better but it's definitely not a bad season! Some really great moments and entertaining teams, although it's hard to feel strongly about a lot of the teams that weren't main characters. I can see why the winners were divisive, I went back and forth on them a lot but ultimately I was entertained by them more often than I was enraged by them

Season 4 Rankings

1) Kelly & Jon
2) Tian & Jaree
3) Millie & Chuck
4) Reichen & Chip
5) Monica & Sheree
6) Amanda & Chris

7) Cindy & Russell
8) Jon & Al
9) David & Jeff
10) Debra & Steve

11) Steve & Dave
12) Steve & Josh
Old 16-01-2021, 11:47 PM #585
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Season 5 is truly the blueprint An iconic piece of RTV and probably one of the best seasons in tv history it's just so good ugh <3 I actually enjoyed Colin & Christie this time around as well! But my #1 all-time fave team is Charla & Mirna and forever will be! I'm glad we get a full season of them in All Stars because they are truly amazing There's literally only one unlikeable team in this season and one team that we don't see enough of to form an opinion on, but everyone else is so good!! Perfect casting for sure.

Season 5 rankings:
1) Charla & Mirna
2) Colin & Christie
3) Chip & Kim
4) Linda & Karen
5) Kami & Karli
6) Brandon & Nicole
7) Bob & Joyce
8) Alison & Donny
9) Jim & Marsha

10) Dennis & Erika
11) Marshall & Lance
Old 17-01-2021, 01:46 AM #586
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

The Colin and Christie glo up
Old 24-01-2021, 12:29 PM #587
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Season 6 - not a bad season at all but I can see why some people found it a bitch much! In the grand scheme of things I enjoyed it though, despite how toxic some of the couples could be!

Season 6 Rankings:
1) Lori & Bolo
2) Kris & Jon
3) Hayden & Aaron
4) Adam & Rebecca
5) Gus & Hera
6) Don & Mary Jean
7) Lena & Kristy

8) Meredith & Maria
9) Avi & Joe

10) Freddy & Kendra
11) Jonathan & Victoria
Old 25-01-2021, 02:22 AM #588
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Finished TAR Australia 2 last night!

first of all, I got a new laptop and my edgic charts don't look the same and it is driving me CRAZY, like why is this so big??? okay the font's still a little off but this is better

On a more positive note, great season! So much fun from start to finish, a super likable cast where almost everyone brought something, and a lot of fun dynamics between the teams. Just an all-around superb season that lived up to hype and I'm so sad it's over.

1. Lucy and Emilia (everyone knows the iconic Lumilia moments such as the arrest in Dubai and getting stuck on the train tracks in Cuba and getting saved by the Salvage Pass but they're so much more than that! Endearing underdogs with an emotional backstory, lots of self-deprecating fun, and honestly just their relationship and love for each other was so sweet and makes me wish I had siblings. Their cockroach journey through the first half of the Race is legitimately fan fiction levels of absurd but I love it)
2. Michelle and Jo (so a lot of the appeal just comes from them being cute blonde cheerleading twins but they were also really good at navigating the transportation aspect of the Race and had a fun dynamic of Michelle being the alpha and Jo trying to prove herself. This led to some fun moments like Michelle almost getting killed in the Turkish wrestling Intersection and Jo at the whirling dervish Roadblock and the ocean navigating Roadblock. However, what really elevates them from good to great is their performance in the final two legs: Jo's theatrics during the Chinese foot massage, them breaking the alliance with Shane and Andrew, and their entire finale performance where they melt the **** down over Paul's existence, to the point where Jo spends an entire task telling Paul how much she hates his guts and Michelle crying tears once they realized that Paul and Steve beat them for second place alksjdf;lasjf)
3. James and Sarah (alol I don't even know what to say about these two so I'm just going to list a bunch of their absurd moments: Sarah starting the Race in HEELS (#hunners), their entire fight over the bottle of coke that lasted the duration of an entire plane ride, their fight when James like... told the other teams that they just had to wait for a boat to arrive with their clue because he "gave away valuable information" or whatever, when they had to wash each other in the Turkish bath and Sarah full on mounted James and started grinding him in front of Ross and Tarryn, everything that happened in Paris with Joseph and Grace throwing their bags out of their taxi and Sarah yelling at James because she had to call for a new taxi in the pub while a bunch of drunks leered at her while she was in a cheese outfit, and their entire boot leg where they overslept/were late because Sarah had to do her makeup and then they forgot to pay for their hotel room upon checkout so they had to take like two extra cab rides and spent the whole leg with absolutely no money and had to beg strangers for donations and beg their drivers for discounts <3333 I'm so sad they're apparently not together anymore because even in spite of all their fighting they seemed like #truelove but alas)
4. Shane and Andrew (maybe ACAB isn't true in Australia? These two are just really nice family men and they didn't really have a lot of moments but were fun narrators? Nobody really expected them to do well because they always had such awful transportation luck but then they just really turned it on in the endgame and I support their win! Shane is also basically the human embodiment of Nigel Thornberry and it's hilarious to me)
5. Paul and Steve (so it took me a while to get there with them because Paul especially hams up the CPN villain a little too much for my liking, but he can at least back it up? He *IS* very smart and he *IS* good at a lot of aspects of the Race and they really did got on a streak of like five leg wins in a row. They were also easily the most important team of the season because EVERYTHING came down to how other people responded to them. Kym and Donna had a rivalry with them, Joseph and Grace had a feud with them, Michelle and Jo ****ing HATED their guts... like this season probably wouldn't be nearly as good without them)
6. Kym and Donna (alol I feel like me having them ranked this high is going to be outrageous but this is my truth! They were THE original Paul/Steve rivals and dubbed them The Boofheads (TM) and it was fun for a few episodes, especially with the pot transfer in India. But what really sold me on Kym and Donna was their boot leg? They blew all their money early on and couldn't afford to buy a map of Dubai, and then they got a flat tire, and then they got lost and just gave up? Like Lucy and Emilia legitimately got arrested and by all logic SHOULD have been eliminated, but then Kym and Donna literally just slept in their car until they got field eliminated kasdj;akslfjsda)
7. Joseph and Grace (okay so this is definitely Low compared to most Clubsters so here's what I have to say. Joseph and Grace DID have a lot of fun moments: the rivalry with Paul and Steve, throwing James and Sarah's bags out of their taxi, and their entire boot leg in China just to name a few. I definitely like them to some degree and appreciate what they brought to the Race. HOWEVER, Grace kind of bothers me oops! She's definitely content with being The Bitch Of The Season but she doesn't really own it all the way? Like, she openly antagonized Paul in Dubai and then tried to be all "friends? " but then completely lost it when he accidentally (!) knocked her over in Istanbul. And then after throwing James and Sarah's bags out of the taxi and stealing it, the next leg they were like "oh we're sorry, we'll make it up to you " which Grace literally admitted in the next scene was bull**** lol. Like, if you're going to be the villain then you need to own it, not just when it suits you best!)
8. Sue and Teresa (the aura-cleansing spray <3 honestly in theory it seems miraculous that they made it three legs BUT they placed really high in the first two? Shoutout to Sue (I think?) for having a complete meltdown in the stairs counting Roadblock and dropping from 3rd to 10th, paving the way for another Lumilia cockroach stint!)

9. Sticky and Sam (they were nice? Really competent racers who just fell apart once they got to Cuba and apparently got U-Turned? I was expecting a much more nauseating edit with Sticky's arm but they were very totally fine! Nice and harmless but not particularly remarkable)
10. Ross and Tarryn (they were nice but their shtick of Tarryn wanting to prove herself As An Adult was very one note and nothing special. They were REALLY good racers for the first few legs but then got a bad flight to Dubai and just sucked after that. Oh well, thanks for salvaging Lucy and Emilia!)
11. Adam and Dane (they were fine. Like I guess Dane being vain was supposed to be their angle? They were super mediocre racers that I remember nothing about except that their penalty spared Lucy and Emilia by three minutes thankfully <3)

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 01-02-2021 at 03:58 PM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2021, 06:25 PM #589
d'Lenande

d'Lenande

Ew @ Disgrace and her teammate outranking the Earth Mums, the Tasmanian lads, and Dad/Daughter Thornton!
Old 06-02-2021, 01:43 PM #590
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Enjoyed Season 7 contrary to people not finding it that good, although I can understand why people might not be keen on it as there are less likeable teams to root for - such an amazing end to the season though Meredith & Gretchen will forever be an iconic team!!

Season 7 Rankings:
1) Meredith & Gretchen
2) Uchenna & Joyce
3) Brian & Greg
4) Debbie & Bianca

5) Susan & Patrick
6) Ron & Kelly
7) Ryan & Chuck
8) Megan & Heidi

9) Rob & Amber
10) Lynn & Alex
11) Ray & Deana
Old 20-02-2021, 11:19 PM #591
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Such a messy season but I ended up really enjoying it and has made two teams some of my all-time favourites The Weavers are truly incredible and CBS missed a trick not giving them their own reality show afterwards!

Season 8 Rankings:
1) Weaver Family
2) Paolo Family
3) Godlewski Family
4) Bransen Family
5) Gaghan Family
6) Linz Family
7) Black Family
8) Schroeder Family

9) Rogers Family
10) Aiello Family
Old 07-03-2021, 06:14 PM #592
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Just realised I never posted my rankings for S9 so here they are. Definitely the weakest season of the first 9 but I wouldn't call it unwatchable as it had its moments.

Season 9 Rankings:
1) Lake & Michelle
2) Fran & Barry
3) Ray & Yolanda
4) Lisa & Joni
5) Wanda & Desiree
6) Danielle & Dani

7) Joseph & Monica
8) Dave & Lori
9) John & Scott
10) BJ & Tyler
11) Eric & Jeremy
Old 21-03-2021, 10:31 PM #593
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

A great cast and a great season Lyn & Karlyn are one of the funniest teams ever and it's a scream that they were the first all-female team to make the finale when it seemed like the whole season was building up to their nemesis Dustin & Kandice setting that record <3

Season 10 rankings:
1) Lyn & Karlyn
2) Mary & David
3) Dustin & Kandice
4) Erwin & Godwin
5) Rob & Kim

6) Duke & Lauren
7) Tom & Terry
8) Kellie & Jamie
9) Tyler & James
10) Bilal & Sa'eed
11) Vipul & Arti

12) Peter & Sarah

Last edited by Headie; 21-03-2021 at 10:33 PM.
Old 23-05-2021, 03:44 PM #594
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I forgot to update this thread when I was watching 11 & 12 but here are my rankings (both top tier seasons!)

Season 11 rankings:
1) Charla & Mirna
2) Oswald & Danny
3) Dustin & Kandice
4) Teri & Ian
5) Joe & Bill
6) Uchenna & Joyce

7) Kevin & Drew
8) David & Mary
9) John Vito & Jill

10) Eric & Danielle
11) Rob & Amber

Season 12 rankings:
1) Ron & Christina
2) Nate & Jen
3) Kynt & Vyxsin
4) Shana & Jennifer
5) Lorena & Jason
6) Azaria & Hendekea
7) Kate & Pat

8) Marianna & Julia
9) TK & Rachel

10) Ari & Staella
11) Nicolas & Don
Old 20-06-2021, 09:55 PM #595
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Another two great seasons completed

Season 13 rankings:
1) Kelly & Christy
2) Ken & Tina
3) Terence & Sarah
4) Aja & Ty
5) Toni & Dallas
6) Marisa & Brooke

7) Nick & Starr
8) Andrew & Dan
9) Mark & Bill
10) Anthony & Stephanie
11) Anita & Arthur

Season 14 rankings:
1) Jaime & Cara
2) Jen & Kisha
3) Mel & Mike
4) Christie & Jodie
5) Tammy & Victor
6) Preston & Jennifer

7) Mark & Michael
8) Amanda & Kris
9) Brad & Victoria

10) Margie & Luke
11) Steve & Linda
Old 25-06-2021, 02:20 PM #596
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Another iconic season done and dusted, now just to get through the dreadful 16 before starting another string of great seasons...

Season 15 rankings:
1) Brian & Ericka
2) Flight Time & Big Easy
3) Maria & Tiffany
4) Zev & Justin
5) Sam & Dan
6) Lance & Keri
7) Mika & Canaan
8) Marcy & Ron

9) Meghan & Cheyne
10) Gary & Matt
11) Eric & Lisa
12) Garrett & Jessica

There weren't any teams I disliked this season at all!
Old 30-06-2021, 10:24 PM #597
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Terrible cast and terrible season, but at least it's done!

Season 16 rankings:
1) Carol & Brandy
2) Dan & Jordan
3) Jody & Shannon

4) Steve & Allie
5) Dana & Adrian
6) Monique & Shawne
7) Joe & Heidi

8) Jeff & Jordan
9) Brent & Caite
10) Jet & Cord
11) Louie & Michael
Old 07-07-2021, 07:03 PM #598
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Finished TAR Australia 3 last night and I know this is potentially controversial but I don't think it's quite thaaaaat bad??? I don't know, I wouldn't call it good by any means and it's definitely the worst of the first three Australian seasons, but I don't think it's quite as bad as everyone made it out to be The cast is a bit lame and derivative but the route and edit were actually okay and I don't think the endgame was nearly as bad as I was expecting. It's probably a little worse than TAR Canada 3 for me but definitely better than 5 and 6.

1. Aston/Christie (alollllll these two psychos Honestly I like them better than any team from season 1! They were just SO loud and SO annoying and SO bad at the Race and they really were the heart and soul of the first three legs for me. Highlights of theirs include: flirting with Daniel and Ryan in the airport over Christie being a life model, literally sitting in Daniel and Ryan's lap on the plane ride to Christchurch and infuriating Ashleigh and Jarrod, their performance at the tarantula eating task in Cambodia, Christie getting the temple Roadblock answer from Jono but then immediately saying that she was going to figure it out on her own anyway, and their entire boot leg performance?!?! They were getting on the plane to Thailand and Christie decided that she was D O N E with Aston because she...... put in for a wakeup call at the hotel? Christie spent the entire time at the airport bitching to Ashleigh and Jarrod about how Christie is a selfish cow, complaining on the airplane about how she is DONE working with her unbenevolent dictator of a partner, and then randomly screamed about how Christie doesn't understand the six Ps of life: proper preparation prevents piss poor performance!!!!! They then landed in Thailand and switched Detours twice and asked Cat and Jesse for help despite them being the last two teams I was very sad at their boot but in all honesty it's a miracle they survived past Leg 1 so I'll take what I can get. I also wouldn't be surprised if they weren't friends anymore after the Race and that would be sad )
2. Sally/Tyson (part of me feels weird for putting them at #2 but I'm sticking with my gut! I just really liked them. They were fun and nice and good people who went on a JOURNEY where they made multiple huge mistakes and would have been eliminated Leg 1 if not for Inga and Tiharna also making a big mistake, and then they slowly but surely became a legitimate threat to win! But even then, they typically gave up multiple places each leg because Tyson always had to stop and pee, and then they were THIS CLOSE to winning before Sally got overtaken in the final Roadblock because she was so distracted by Tyson proposing to her at the Pit Stop that she didn't pay attention to what the greeter was wearing but their finale was super cute because Sally was just sobbing nonstop about how she loves the Race and she wants to do a 100 more legs and she's so sad it's over )
3. Elizabeth/Todd (okay so in all honesty Elizabeth having like five different confessionals about how OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WIN EVERY TIME or whatever got annoying, but the rest of their time racing included Elizabeth pointlessly lying about being the first woman to step foot on the moon (?!), an entire montage where Elizabeth is just sitting in the back of rickshaw taxi going "FASTER! FASTER!" and waving at other teams while everyone else seethes in confessionals about what a dirty player she is, that moment in the temple Roadblock where she BLOCKED Ashleigh passing her up the stairs and Jarrod bitched about what a fat ass she has, and when Elizabeth fell off a boat in Cambodia and somehow cut a huge whole into her arm and was almost medevaced? and then Todd was there too. They're not All Time Troy Favos but they really did have a lot of moments)
4. Carla/Hereni (this green will surely turn into yellow once this season gets further behind in the rear view mirror because they really didn't provide any moments at all and were just vaguely fun and vaguely rootable Kiwi mums who were one of the last saving graces of the season. Like, I legitimately have no moments of theirs to talk about, they were just presences that were liked? They weren't particularly good at the Race, they weren't particularly memorable... I really have nothing insightful to say, sorry!)

5. Emily/Jono (I went on a weird journey with them where I found them to be cute at first, then I suddenly found Jono to be VERY annoying because he was just oddly intense about certain aspects of the Race like beating John and Murray and when Emily lost their tickets to the temple and she ruined EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! even though they proceeded to win the leg alol. But ultimately I just kind of pity them and feel bad for them? They were actually really good racers for the first few legs but I felt like they never really got respect from anyone, and I *definitely* picked up some latent homophobia towards Jono from Murray AND John AND Jarrod so there's that. And then they only got eliminated because Jono didn't hydrate at all going into Namibia and collapsed multiple times during a physically laborious Roadblock that took FOREVER *and* on the way to the Pit Stop, only to be overtaken by Daniel and Ryan who at one point where in last place by a full hour their elimination was one of the few examples of an #AmazingRaceBlindside, where they became so distressed that they walked off into the plains of Africa sobbing in disbelief that they were actually eliminated poor things)
6. Daniel/Ryan (I....... don't think they're that bad? I kept waiting for the ball to drop and for them to turn awful but it just never happened alol. Like, they were randomly really competent at certain parts of the Race and frustratingly had A LOT of lucky breaks including passing Emily and Jono on the way to the Pit Stop and Namibia and avoiding elimination, and then doing the exact same thing to Carla and Hereni in Argentina, but I'm not really mad about them as winners at all? I found their confessionals to be kind of engaging at times and I feel the same way about their win as I do about Tyler and Nathan's so )
7. Cat/Jesse (I went on a weird journey of kind of thinking they were cute, then getting REALLY annoyed by them, and then finding them Not That Bad so they land right here. Their whole shtick was just being parents who LOVED their kids and Jesse was a huge softy who would like cry and ****. And on top of that they weren't athletic at all so they were never cast as a team who had a realistic chance of winning alol. I got REALLY annoyed with them in the middle of their run because they'd have a few too many cringey jokes in confessionals and they were annoying hypocrites with the Aus/NZ divide. Like, they had a confessional in Leg 5 about how they're able to straddle the line between the Aus teams and the NZ teams and play both sides, then they got all upset when Carla and Hereni helped John and Murray get on an earlier flight to St. Petersburg and declared that the New Zealand alliance was DONE...... and then they got upset again at Carla and Hereni for not giving them the answer at the Roadblock when the supposed alliance was already done?! Also they complained SO MUCH about John and Murray isolating themselves in the Nation vs. Nation Battle in Russia but they could've just fixed it themselves??? Once they got to F5 though they just became huge back of the pack fodder and struggled to do, like, everything and didn't even try that hard in some of the tasks so it was kinda funny and fine. And then they of all teams got a huge OTTPP sendoff montage when they got eliminated )
8. Inga/Tiharna (they just seemed like big tryhards with their BRAINY BUSTY BRUNETTES shtick and how they wanted to SEDUCE THE MEN or whatever. I think they bought into the Australia vs. New Zealand **** way too much and I'm particularly scarred by Tiharna saying that she wants to get some fish and chips in Christchurch in an awfully put-on NZ accent That being said, it did make me laugh when they left their ring behind on the raft and they had to drive back to the river and Inga was so stressed over being in last place that she made Tiharna pull over on the highway so she could throw up?! maybe there was some hidden potential there but oh well!)

9. John/Murray (cookie cutter CPN villains who weren't creative or inventive in any sense of the word so they were just lame. It's not even like they bounced well off of other teams because everyone else had confessionals that were like "uhh John and Murray are isolating themselves because they don't want to be ~distracted~ and it's weird af " and after coming first or second in the first five legs, they isolated themselves so much to the point where they tanked a Nation vs. Nation Battle, completely bombed a Detour, came in last place and then embarrassingly had the Salvage Pass *not* used on them I don't like them but it was a truly fitting ending for them)
10. Ashleigh/Jarrod (okay I don't want to defend them but I kiiiiiiind of expected worse? I was expecting like Jonathan/Victoria or Art/JJ levels of bad and while these two suck, I was kind of underwhelmed and I was expecting to hate them a lot more lol. They just seemed MISERABLE throughout the whole Race and I don't know why they even went on the show in the first place. Jarrod in particular just complained about EVERYTHING and it wasn't fun at all. Like, you're traveling all over the world to a bunch of different countries, why are you surprised that people don't speak English?!?! He's just bogan trash and I definitely feel like he wouldn't give Someone Like Me the time of day. H O W E V E R..... their finale performance was a hilarious comeuppance as Jarrod threw a temper tantrum over everyday tasks such as eating a hotdog with mustard, having to use a pair of binoculars, and digging in the sand on the beach. I guess I'm a little thankful that even though they made me endure them for a full season, they ended the Race on the most humiliating note possible?)
Old 07-07-2021, 07:28 PM #599
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Finished 17 a few days ago, such a good season and one of the best casts of the franchise - I think this is the first time where I liked everyone/have everyone in green because everyone brought something of worth to the show Brook & Claire 100% deserve their legacy as being one of the most liked/entertaining teams in TAR history, but there a lot of other iconic teams too which is what made this season so good <3

Season 17 rankings:
1) Brook & Claire
2) Chad & Stephanie
3) Gary & Mallory
4) Michael & Kevin
5) Nick & Vicki
6) Nat & Kat
7) Jill & Thomas
8) Katie & Rachel
9) Connor & Jonathan
10) Ron & Tony
11) Andie & Jenna
Old 14-07-2021, 07:19 PM #600
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

18 was definitely one of my favourite seasons coming into this rewatch and I'm glad it held up this time round Such a great cast and pretty much every episode was entertaining, so many iconic moments you could pick out <3 And probably my favourite final three ever!

Season 18 rankings:
1) Kent & Vyxsin
2) Ron & Christina
3) Jen & Kisha
4) Flight Time & Big Easy
5) Jaime & Cara
6) Gary & Mallory
7) Zev & Justin

8) Margie & Luke
9) Mel & Mike
10) Amanda & Kris

11) Jet & Cord