Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 04-08-2021, 07:11 AM #26
-

-

Fake grass is awful you might as well stick an old carpet across the garden. We’re supporting biodiversity!

In all seriousness though I think there are like 5 different “species” of grass in my garden, it grows at totally different rates, and then there was a big patch that the dog had burned away with piss that I raked out and put “dog repair” seed on (my one but of gardening this year) and it worked great EXCEPT THAT the grass that grew there is a really lush, deep, healthy green and the rest of the grass - after all this horrible sunshine - is a totally different colour of light green .

Might just chuck what’s left of the seed around all over the place and see what happens…
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:17 AM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…is it a big garden, would it be feasible to replace the grass with harder landscaping…/gravel/pavers etc….a low maintenance garden…?…do the girls use the garden a lot, TS…?…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:20 AM #28
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Fake grass is awful you might as well stick an old carpet across the garden. We’re supporting biodiversity!

In all seriousness though I think there are like 5 different “species” of grass in my garden, it grows at totally different rates, and then there was a big patch that the dog had burned away with piss that I raked out and put “dog repair” seed on (my one but of gardening this year) and it worked great EXCEPT THAT the grass that grew there is a really lush, deep, healthy green and the rest of the grass - after all this horrible sunshine - is a totally different colour of light green .

Might just chuck what’s left of the seed around all over the place and see what happens…
throw a few bags of wildflower seeds on there as well, at least when it grows it will be pretty and good for the bees

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:05 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
No offence to you or anyone else who has this, but fake grass is not classy.
Well, I don't have it so knock yourself out getting judgemental over fake turf.

Last edited by Marsh.; 05-08-2021 at 02:05 AM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:01 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
yes not a fan of fake grass either, I know someone who has it but it still has to be washed and the leaves swept off it so its not exactly no maintenance, and you can't grow wild flowers in it

There’s a ‘fake’ garden near us and the only time it looks ok is when it HAS leaves on it .
As soon as they clear them off with a leaf sucker if looks ridiculous again .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:46 AM #31

I had fake grass in my old house. Not gonna lie with a football mad kid, it was far easier...less mud and he could play out any time.

My garden now is patchy and looks awful where he's worn the grass away and I am going to have to re-seed the whole lot.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:18 AM #32
-

-

Default Feeling like someone didn't charge you ENOUGH money...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…is it a big garden, would it be feasible to replace the grass with harder landscaping…/gravel/pavers etc….a low maintenance garden…?…do the girls use the garden a lot, TS…?…

We’re on a corner so there’s a big garden to the side as well as front and back. Still renting though so won’t be getting anything major done! If we owned this house we’d probably be looking to extend to the side and probably a nice big conservatory at the back as well, and extend the driveway for two cars. Then probably pave the rest of the front and just have grass at the back. I still wouldn’t want to mow it myself though .

Kids don’t really use the garden much these days, there’s a play park (and wooded area/cycle track) literally right across the road and we tend to go “properly out” a lot (forest walks, the beach etc.)

Though not at the moment obviously

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 06-08-2021 at 07:18 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:50 AM #33
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
We’re on a corner so there’s a big garden to the side as well as front and back. Still renting though so won’t be getting anything major done! If we owned this house we’d probably be looking to extend to the side and probably a nice big conservatory at the back as well, and extend the driveway for two cars. Then probably pave the rest of the front and just have grass at the back. I still wouldn’t want to mow it myself though .

Kids don’t really use the garden much these days, there’s a play park (and wooded area/cycle track) literally right across the road and we tend to go “properly out” a lot (forest walks, the beach etc.)

Though not at the moment obviously

…yeah, it is obviously more restricted with renting, I know …what I was thinking, to reduce the grass area you have to maintain as well is an outdoor/indoor/shed/hut thing etc area for them and their friends …a TS young lady hangout space where they’ll feel their own independence and privacy as they’re getting older etc…while they’re still there right there in front of you and …a win/win/win thing…they get a their own hangout and friend zone in their non parent time/you get to know they’re safe in their non parent time… and a bit less garden maintenance…

Last edited by Ammi; 06-08-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:03 AM #34

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Did you pay him cash though? Like was it an agreed upon deal for cash before he started?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
charge, feeling, money