Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:14 PM #1
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Default Life is Strange tv series in the works, with Shawn Mendes as executive producer

https://www.ign.com/articles/life-is...w-shawn-mendes

Quote:
A Life is Strange TV adaptation is still in the works, and it's now enlisted Grammy-nominated singer Shawn Mendes to oversee the music for the series.

A Life is Strange TV series was first announced back in 2016 after Legendary picked up the adaptation rights from Square Enix. Since then, however, there has been no news about the show.

Now, along with Mendes, Life is Strange also adds Anonymous Content, a production company behind shows like 13 Reasons Why whose dark take on high school life may fit well with the premise of Life is Strange.

When Legendary first announced plans to make a Life is Strange TV show, only the first game was released. It followed art student Max Caulfield who must survive bullies and disappearing students while also navigating her ability to rewind time.

Since then, however, there have been many more games in the series including Life is Strange 2, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, and the upcoming Life is Strange: True Colors. While Before the Storm is a prequel to the first Life is Strange, Life is Strange 2 and True Colors follow different protagonists on their own adventures.

Each of the games also places heavy emphasis on music, usually indie bands. Bringing on Mendes to oversee music for the series will hopefully ensure that this key aspect from the games transitions to TV.

With several games in the series already, there are a lot of potential storylines for the TV adaptation to take.

Life is Strange: True Colors is set to be released on September 10, though a remastered version of the first Life is Strange has been delayed until 2022. Check back with IGN for updates on the Life is Strange series closer to the game’s launch.

i am excited yet nervous about this, since i am a hardcore fan of this game, i so hope Shawn and the team can do this justice

not sure which streaming service could pick this up, although as from same production company as 13 reasons why, i could see this ending up on Netflix but we'll find that out too later on i guess
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:14 PM #2
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

I've never played the Games, but I'll bet that they'll end up being better than the TV Show for the fans.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 03-09-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:21 AM #3
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I've never played the Games, but I'll bet that they'll end up being better than the TV Show for the fans.
i've only played the first one so far

but i got the prequel and the new upcoming one on my wishlist for my birthday
Old 04-09-2021, 09:04 AM #4

Isn’t Shaun Mendes a singer songwriter ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:13 AM #5
-

-

This could literally either be great, or absolute trash… and I think it’ll be one of those extremes. Like it won’t just be “an ok watch” it’ll either be great or unwatchable .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:56 PM #6
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

A great game,

They need to cast Chloe right however as it’ll ruin the tv show if not.

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:00 PM #7
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Isn’t Shaun Mendes a singer songwriter ??

Shawn Mendes

and yes he is (there's nothing holding me back, mercy, in my blood, stitches)
Old 04-09-2021, 01:57 PM #8
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
This could literally either be great, or absolute trash… and I think it’ll be one of those extremes. Like it won’t just be “an ok watch” it’ll either be great or unwatchable .
luckily i'm not a harsh critic at all

what i am curious about more is, what choices they will go for, since
Spoiler:

in the game your choices have its own consequences, outcomes, and you got many many dialogue choices in those

some of my casting choices would be

Isabela Merced - Max Caulfield (i quite find her very talented, and i easily enjoyed her as the lead in Netflix's recent film release Sweet Girl next to Jason Momoa)

Sasha Pieterse - Chloe Price (is a solid and amazing actress from series pretty little liars, do also think she would fit the blue hair colour either)

Freya Allen - Kate Marsh (seems likeable enough appearance wise, also a nice way to promote new acting talent through this series i think)

Richard Roxburgh - Frank Bowers (has played several villain roles, i feel like this role is made for him, Frank a guy with a criminal past, but a good guy at heart, definitely a good next role for Richard, whom i've always found a amazing actor)

Natalie Alyn Lind - Victoria Chase (would definitely be a good casting for this particular character, very talented actress, enjoyed watching her scenes on The Gifted and i think she should be able to pull this sort of ''mean girl'' character off too)

Katherine Langford - Rachel Amber (oh yes Katherine is amazing for the mysterious characters, re: how amazing she did in 13 reasons why as Hannah Baker)

Rafe Spall - Mark Jefferson (definitely can portray a pure evil villain character as we saw in JW: Fallen Kingdom, would make an excellent choice for this one)

Trevor Stines - Nathan Prescott (the scenes he did as Jason Blossom in Riverdale were fab, and i do feel like he would make a good choice to play Nathan)
Old 04-09-2021, 02:05 PM #9
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Principal Wells casting

hmmm Michael Beach maybe

since Wells is definitely nothing likeable

------------------------

Loni Love as Miss Grant that so has to happen, she would be perfect

as for Samuel, hmmm Willem Dafoe is someone that versatile of an actor who can be likeable yet so mysterious at the same time so yeah maybe him
Old 04-09-2021, 05:11 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i've only played the first one so far

but i got the prequel and the new upcoming one on my wishlist for my birthday
Well good luck with the other two Games when you play them.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:38 PM #11

Default Life is Strange tv series in the works, with Shawn Mendes as executive producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Shawn Mendes

and yes he is (there's nothing holding me back, mercy, in my blood, stitches)

Sooooo how is he qualified to executively produce this series ?

Last edited by Zizu; 04-09-2021 at 05:38 PM.
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:59 PM #12
-

-

Richard Roxburgh? Jesus christ Nicky - he's 60! Frank is meant to be in his 20's... he's in a sexual relationship with Rachel Amber and whilst it's meant to be a bit inappropriate with the age gap (she was I think 17 at the time their relationship started) he's not meant to come across as an actual paedophile .

I'd go with Dacre Kayd Montgomery-Harvey (Billy from Stranger Things) - his role in Stranger Things also shows he could play the character well. Make him pale with a scruffy goatee and that's your Frank.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:03 PM #13
-

-

I also think your Chloe choice is terrible, I personally would go for relative "unknowns" for both Max and Chloe (first major role, let them make it their own).
Old 05-09-2021, 07:30 AM #14
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Richard Roxburgh? Jesus christ Nicky - he's 60! Frank is meant to be in his 20's... he's in a sexual relationship with Rachel Amber and whilst it's meant to be a bit inappropriate with the age gap (she was I think 17 at the time their relationship started) he's not meant to come across as an actual paedophile .

I'd go with Dacre Kayd Montgomery-Harvey (Billy from Stranger Things) - his role in Stranger Things also shows he could play the character well. Make him pale with a scruffy goatee and that's your Frank.
what part of my choices don't you understand, i know it won't be him for Frank

i've seen a casting choice, Joel Kinnaman to play him, whom would make a good choice for that role either (and maybe Dacre like you say for the Rachel flashback scenes)

Quote:
I also think your Chloe choice is terrible, I personally would go for relative "unknowns" for both Max and Chloe (first major role, let them make it their own).
fair enough, someone mentioned AnnaSophia Robb, she kinda is already used to playing badass, fierce roles (like the lead in Soul Surfer, and supporting role as Violet in Charlie and Chocolate Factory)

someone mentioned Robert Downey Jr to be perfect as Mark Jefferson, somehow appearance wise that would be soo accurate as well

for the role of William (which they could go for in ''dream'' or flashback scenes) maybe Tim McGraw i mean he already has some acting experience, also alongside hollywood superstar alumni, next to sandra bullock in the blind side, and i find Tim quite a sympathetic, charismatic man, something what William also is kinda
Old 22-02-2022, 09:05 AM #15
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://collider.com/life-is-strange...mazon-studios/

Amazon Studios closed a first-look deal with dj2 Entertainment to dive into the world of video game adaptations, and two of the titles that could be soon adapted are Life Is Strange and Disco Elysium. dj2 Entertainment is one of the productions companies behind the surprising hit Sonic The Hedgehog, which is getting a sequel this year and a spinoff series in 2023.

According to the new deal, dj2 Entertainment will offer Amazon Studios the opportunity to pick up any film or TV show they come up with to stream exclusively on the Prime Video service. Since dj2 is specialized in videogame adaptations, players will get a chance to see some of their favorite titles turned into series. What’s even greater news is that dj2 Entertainment is currently working to adapt the Square Enix published franchise Life Is Strange and indie developer ZA/UM hit Disco Elysium.

Every Life Is Strange game is an episodic adventure where players’ choices can affect the outcome of the story and change the fate of the characters. Each game also has a unique gimmick, such as the ability to rewind time, manipulate emotions, or move objects with the power of your mind. The series is highly acclaimed for its layered characters and creative storytelling, making it a perfect videogame franchise to adapt into a series.

As for Disco Elysium, the indie gem follows a detective who must solve a murder case while dealing with drug-induced amnesia. The game mechanics revolved mostly around dialogue choices, allowing the player to completely change the personality of the player character and how they will interact with the world around them. As if having dozens of alternative storylines to follow wouldn’t be already a challenge to adapt into a TV series, Disco Elysium is also beloved for how the player can alter the gameplay through dialogues with themselves. It would be tough to adapt Disco Elysium to a non-interactive media without losing some of its charm, which might explain why the project has been in early development since 2020.

Commenting on the deal, producer Dmitri M. Johnson from dj2 Entertainment said:
Quote:
“The dj2 team has long believed that video games would one day serve as incredible source material for stories told in television and film, and that it was only the lack of love and respect for the artform which previously held successful adaptations back. Moreover, it is truly an honor to have Prime Video as our platform partner. A partner who truly supports us, as well as our grand ambitions, for telling the best international gaming stories with no limitations in how high we may collectively aim.”
Nick Pepper, head of studio creative content for Amazon Studios, also added:
Quote:
“I cannot express enough just how excited we are to be working with the powerhouse team at dj2 Entertainment. Their expertise and skill in the gaming-to-screen market is unparalleled. The possibilities are endless for what we can create together for our global audiences.”
Both Life Is Strange and Disco Elysium adaptations are still in early development. However, with a major player such as Amazon Studios willing to fund dj2 Entertainment’s projects, we’ll hopefully get more information about the adaptations sooner than later.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
executive, life, mendes, producer, series, shawn, strange, tv, works