Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Closed Thread

Old 19-09-2021, 09:10 AM #51

[I flirt with closing the door constantly.]

No way to be
Old 19-09-2021, 09:12 AM #52
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I'm surprised this thread has lasted two pages.

My own point of view is similar to TS and Dezzy. There were pleasant almost serous discussions on here long after BB ended but there is an 'element' on the forum that has not been checked by admin.

Its ironic to see some members call face book, twitter etc a cess pit. Those members need to look a little closer to home.

I come on here to moan about Arsenal. I dont really see too many other reasons to come on here.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 19-09-2021, 09:15 AM #53

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
No Dezzy
please stop saying that.

I do not see that.

What is wrong in Hating Markle?
Because those of us who dislike her for her character and actions, have at some stage been branded a racist and misogynist. That's all it takes to be called both or either of those things on here. If there was any actual racism, the admin/mods would be on it. There is not. It's just a dirty tactic to use.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:16 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Because those of us who dislike her for her character and actions, have at some stage been branded a racist and misogynist. That's all it takes to be called both or either of those things on here. If there was any actual racism, the admin/mods would be on it. There is not. It's just a dirty tactic to use.

Yes.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:19 AM #55
-

-

Quote:
If there was any actual racism, the admin/mods would be on it.
There's literally no one here who hasn't been here long enough to know that this is simply untrue.

They're understaffed and the staff that's still here mentally checked out 2+ years ago. Including admin. They'll intervene when they eventually see something or when something clearly crosses a major line and someone reports it. But in terms of having any active input or desire to moderate the forum? It doesn't really happen. Membership is too low for effective moderation anyway. They can't impose stricter rules without finishing off the forum, they know it, and so here we are.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:21 AM #56
Adios

Adios

Quote:
If you actually ventured out into more threads and didn’t exclusively post in the Harry and Meghan hate threads you'd see it more frequently. It’s been an issue for a long time

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 19-09-2021, 09:23 AM #57

Yes Even TS the latest thread on the Royals
Got LOCKED
Old 19-09-2021, 09:25 AM #58
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes Even TS the latest thread on the Royals
Got LOCKED
Serious question arista do you own this website
Old 19-09-2021, 09:30 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
If you actually ventured out into more threads and didn’t exclusively post in the Harry and Meghan hate threads you'd see it more frequently. It’s been an issue for a long time
I read other threads and even post in them at times.
Believe it or not, people have other reasons why they have formed thier opinons that doesn't involve racism etc. If some would give their own thought out opinions in H&M threads instead of crying racist! misogyinist! hater! obsessive! it wouldn't be half as unpleasant.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:32 AM #60
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Serious question arista do you own this website
He either owns it or hacked the admins iClouds and is blackmailing them with dodgy nudes because there's no other way to explain the **** arista gets away with that other members simply wouldn't. It's honestly TiBB's greatest mystery.

Although I did see a little graph recently that shows that arista makes far more threads than any other member (hundreds if not thousands) so it might just be that. Thread = engagement, engagement = views, view = clicks, clicks = revenue . Though I can't imagine running this place is profitable at all these days so who knows.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:32 AM #61
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
There's literally no one here who hasn't been here long enough to know that this is simply untrue.

They're understaffed and the staff that's still here mentally checked out 2+ years ago. Including admin. They'll intervene when they eventually see something or when something clearly crosses a major line and someone reports it. But in terms of having any active input or desire to moderate the forum? It doesn't really happen. Membership is too low for effective moderation anyway. They can't impose stricter rules without finishing off the forum, they know it, and so here we are.

This is very true.

I use the analogy - they're like some one who lives in squalor. The place is gone too far to clean up but they let it get like this

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 19-09-2021, 09:33 AM #62

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Because somewhere along the line serious debates became the top priority on here. The people that joined for reality tv discussion (like the forum was intented) got bored / fed up for a multitude of reasons and found alternatives. Now no new members are joining because those forums are dead as a consequence.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:41 AM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

I'm sure there are those who report imagined racism! haters! all the time. Pfttt! If someone reports actual racism they would act. I absolutely believe this..
Old 19-09-2021, 09:43 AM #64
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

You lot will see no bans the only ones you will see is the ones on your wrists that you have to pull and hurt yourself every time you get an intrusive thought about tibb

Last edited by thesheriff443; 19-09-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:44 AM #65

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Sunday mornings are ok.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:44 AM #66
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Because somewhere along the line serious debates became the top priority on here. The people that joined for reality tv discussion (like the forum was intented) got bored / fed up for a multitude of reasons and found alternatives. Now no new members are joining because those forums are dead as a consequence.
The political world changed for us all. Referendum and then the rise of Trump divided people, there's no denying that. Tibb is definitely a different place before and after 2016.

We've been living through changing times. It's not just Tibb who have been arguing, most of the World has.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:45 AM #67

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I'm sure there are those who report imagined racism! haters! all the time. Pfttt! If someone reports actual racism they would act. I absolutely believe this..
I've reported actual racism on here and it got met with that member receiving a 2 day ban. That's how seriously racism is taken on here clearly.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:48 AM #68
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
I've reported actual racism on here and it got met with that member receiving a 2 day ban. That's how seriously racism is taken on here clearly.
What length of ban should they of got ?
Old 19-09-2021, 09:52 AM #69

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
The political world changed for us all. Referendum and then the rise of Trump divided people, there's no denying that. Tibb is definitely a different place before and after 2016.

We've been living through changing times. It's not just Tibb who have been arguing, most of the World has.
I agree there was no doubt serious debates was going to become a lot more active on here and no reason it couldn't run a long side the reality tv discussion, however there was a point in time were members were consistenly raising concerns about that section and some of it's posters and admin choose to let it fall on deaf ears, which brings us to where we are now.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:53 AM #70

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Blatant bigotry going unchecked isn’t a new thing on here, it’s been happening for years, even when Big Brother was still on, eventually people just got sick of it and decided to move on when the show finished and constant rows about the plain existence of minorities started becoming the main focus, I’m not surprised more and more people are leaving, it’s becoming increasingly unpleasant to be involved in most ‘debates’ on here these days
Old 19-09-2021, 09:54 AM #71
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Blatant bigotry going unchecked isn’t a new thing on here, it’s been happening for years, even when Big Brother was still on, eventually people just got sick of it and decided to move on when the show finished and constant rows about the plain existence of minorities started becoming the main focus, I’m not surprised more and more people are leaving, it’s becoming increasingly unpleasant to be involved in most ‘debates’ on here these days
Got any plans to leave ?
Old 19-09-2021, 09:55 AM #72
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I agree there was no doubt serious debates was going to become a lot more active on here and no reason it couldn't run a long side the reality tv discussion, however there was a point in time were members were consistenly raising concerns about that section and some of it's posters and admin choose to let it fall on deaf ears, which brings us to where we are now.
Well, I know I felt the wrath of the mods, I've been banned loads of times, and had loads of posts deleted. So I can't say the mods let things go, my experience is the opposite.

Last edited by Alf; 19-09-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:58 AM #73
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Well, I know I felt the wrath of the mods, I've been banned loads of times, and had loads of posts deleted. So I can't say the mods let things go, my experience is the opposite.
People want you me leather trumpet and jet permanently banned

But because it ain’t happening they are losing their minds
Old 19-09-2021, 10:00 AM #74
-

-

Quote:

This is true, tribalism has been on the rise for many years and has affected everywhere, but the problem specifically on here is that they tried to put the blinkers on to it like other social media did but TiBB was too small a forum to survive that. And it hasn’t.

I’d argue that it predates 2016 though, Trump at the end of the day is a symptom of that division and not the cause, that tribal division (and the dem’s over-confidence that their tribe had the numbers) is the reason he got into the whitehouse in the first place.

Anyway yea in short I agree it’s a problem across the entire western world certainly not just this forum, but this forum has handled it badly and probably wasn’t cut out to weather it in the first place.
Old 19-09-2021, 10:02 AM #75
-

-

Quote:

It imwont even have been a 2 day ban, it will have been a simple infraction that happened to push them over the ban threshold.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
morgue, tibb