Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 27-09-2021, 06:04 PM #51

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

royal titles

Does that say titles or titties?
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 07:28 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

What amuses me is that when anyone calls out Meghan and Harry, the oft used cries of ‘obsessed’ or ‘misogynist’ blah blah are rolled out, but it’s seldom that anyone offers an actual rebuttal or alternative view to what is being said about them. It’s so telling but I understand that it would be hard work to defend the indefensible.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 07:53 PM #53
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
What amuses me is that when anyone calls out Meghan and Harry, the oft used cries of ‘obsessed’ or ‘misogynist’ blah blah are rolled out, but it’s seldom that anyone offers an actual rebuttal or alternative view to what is being said about them. It’s so telling but I understand that it would be hard work to defend the indefensible.

That would be an issue if it was actually about defending them though, which it isn’t and never has been, it’s about pointing out the bizarre nature and intensity of the backlash against them. See above, re: “hogs destroying everything in sight”.

But if you don’t understand that at this point, you clearly aren’t going to, and I’ve come to accept that. It’s not really my problem is it .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 07:53 PM #54

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
You don't think "a group of feral hogs that destroys everything in its path" might be a touch hyperbolic?
No more so than 'how does his wife live with his insanity/madness' etc.

She's a journalist herself after all so she knows what sells column inches (she was interviewed recently and agrees with hubby's views on H&M) and Piers is on to a good thing with them which he isn't going to give up anytime soon.
Old 27-09-2021, 08:01 PM #55

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Oh my mistake
pier's wife agrees with him, that explains alot .
Old 27-09-2021, 08:03 PM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Oh my mistake
pier's wife agrees with him, that explains alot .
We all agree with his views on them really, I haven't read anyone saying why they don't.

Last edited by jet; 27-09-2021 at 08:03 PM.
Old 27-09-2021, 08:05 PM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

We need a body language expert to judge this pair on stage.

Only time they seemed close is when the crowd cheered when harry mentioned his adoration for the expensive dress to hide 2 kids worth of belly, or his wife, the whatever she is...it failed btw.....and the rug on her head is failing as well.
Old 27-09-2021, 08:10 PM #58
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
That would be an issue if it was actually about defending them though, which it isn’t and never has been, it’s about pointing out the bizarre nature and intensity of the backlash against them. See above, re: “hogs destroying everything in sight”.

But if you don’t understand that at this point, you clearly aren’t going to, and I’ve come to accept that. It’s not really my problem is it .
It’s not bizarre at all to call bullsh1t on their fake arse crap about saving the planet while flying around in private jets

Wearing designer clothes costing thousands and jewellery costing many more thousands while claiming to be trying to end poverty

They are making money on the back of the poor that’s why people can’t stand this pair of self pitying self righteous pair of twats
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 08:11 PM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

That's a good description actually, when you think about it.
Destroying relationships with her family, relationships with his family, their childrens future relationships with their extended family, relationships with friends, and maybe even themselves. Messy hogs.
Old 27-09-2021, 09:07 PM #60
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
It’s not bizarre at all to call bullsh1t on their fake arse crap about saving the planet while flying around in private jets

Wearing designer clothes costing thousands and jewellery costing many more thousands while claiming to be trying to end poverty

They are making money on the back of the poor that’s why people can’t stand this pair of self pitying self righteous pair of twats
I said it's the weird anger/intensity behind the way he's chosen to express it that's weird. If he's really that wound up about it then he has some personal issues that he should probably address... but that's his business .

Or perhaps it's as Jet suggests, and it's all pantomime to sell column inches and keep himself relevant to the public. That wouldn't surprise me either.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 09:15 PM #61

Quote:
I said it's the weird anger/intensity behind the way he's chosen to express it that's weird. If he's really that wound up about it then he has some personal issues that he should probably address... but that's his business .

Or perhaps it's as Jet suggests, and it's all pantomime to sell column inches and keep himself relevant to the public. That wouldn't surprise me either.
BiB that is surely evident to any educated person by this point. Piers is coining it in at this point off the back of Harry and Meghan and whilst there is still people lapping up the vitriol, it continues to pay so he will continue to regurgitate it. He should actually be thanking them for keeping him relevant...and employed

Last edited by AnnieK; 27-09-2021 at 09:27 PM.
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 09:22 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
BiB that is surely evident to any educated person by this point.
I'm not 100percemt there yet....I think they actually believe in what they are doing, but are totally going the wrong way about it.
Old 27-09-2021, 09:27 PM #63
Adios

Adios

Quote:

Amen

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 09:31 PM #64

Quote:

Many will see it as ‘weird’ fascination and intensity but he hits the nail on the head and calls these two hypocritical self obsessed people out for what they are…
Harry seems weirdly desperate for adoration…spurned on by his wife who craves to be the next Mother Theresa…everything they do is to increase their popularity and pocket themselves millions of dollars in the process.
It’s so distasteful and I find it ingenuous….Piers will expose their every move and he will get column inches for it for saying what many people think and let them know we know exactly what they are doing…
I have said before I am no fan of PM..but I pretty much agree with his opinions on these two.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 09:37 PM #65
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
BiB that is surely evident to any educated person by this point. Piers is coining it in at this point off the back of Harry and Meghan and whilst there is still people lapping up the vitriol, it continues to pay so he will continue to regurgitate it. He should actually be thanking them for keeping him relevant...and employed
Piers has never been out of work he has built a career out of being out spoken
So saying he should thank that pair of charity muggers is nonsense

Meghan and Harry have made his job easy by telling lies and getting called out on them

Claiming to care about the planet while flying around in private jets

Claiming to care about family whole tearing their own apart

Claiming they want privacy while selling themselves to tv production companies
Old 27-09-2021, 09:37 PM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Piers is a big purple faced plook..he got squeezed.

These 2 cant be associated with any colours whilst discussing their manners and entitlement, because it's just simply not accepted in life these days.

Sticks n stones ain't allowed for some folk.
Old 27-09-2021, 09:42 PM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I'm not 100percemt there yet....I think they actually believe in what they are doing, but are totally going the wrong way about it.
They do believe it, the same way every celebrity who endorse charities do, the same.way the Royal Family do. They preach and get the message out there, then they go home to their multi million.pound homes, having no clue what a "normal" family goes through....at the moment with the energy crisis, I know of friends who are going to have to decide to heat or eat....and now with this petrol ****, they can't work as they have no fuel. No celeb...be them Hollywood or monarchy knows that kind.of stress but it pisses me off when its just Harry and Meghan who are constantly harassed for it. Its just ****ing ridiculous at this point.
Old 27-09-2021, 09:49 PM #68

Quote:
Piers has never been out of work he has built a career out of being out spoken
So saying he should thank that pair of charity muggers is nonsense

Meghan and Harry have made his job easy by telling lies and getting called out on them

Claiming to care about the planet while flying around in private jets

Claiming to care about family whole tearing their own apart

Claiming they want privacy while selling themselves to tv production companies
Piers has been sacked from many jobs he's held...hardly the finest accolade. The people of this country have very short memories. If "we" can applaud a man who the Levonson enquiry deemed to have known and turned a blind eye about the phone hacking of a murdered teen, terminally celebs, etc etc....and take every word he spews as gospel because he detests a pair of celebs due to a women 20 years his junior not falling at his feet, well then we are ****ed.
Old 27-09-2021, 09:57 PM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They do believe it, the same way every celebrity who endorse charities do, the same.way the Royal Family do. They preach and get the message out there, then they go home to their multi million.pound homes, having no clue what a "normal" family goes through....at the moment with the energy crisis, I know of friends who are going to have to decide to heat or eat....and now with this petrol ****, they can't work as they have no fuel. No celeb...be them Hollywood or monarchy knows that kind.of stress but it pisses me off when its just Harry and Meghan who are constantly harassed for it. Its just ****ing ridiculous at this point.
All these peope lend their names to charities, all the way from the queen to brian Dowling

Some are happy for it to be left at that, and some go out their way as a very old lady to fullfill the commitments....others, well the others in my opinion are harry and Meghan who fullfill commitments at the poshest events only.

Pure and simply because Meghan camt handle the poor people face to face in her life.

And imo, that is the real reason thay they decided to leave the family....

Last edited by parmnion; 27-09-2021 at 10:00 PM.
Old 27-09-2021, 09:58 PM #70
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Piers has been sacked from many jobs he's held...hardly the finest accolade. The people of this country have very short memories. If "we" can applaud a man who the Levonson enquiry deemed to have known and turned a blind eye about the phone hacking of a murdered teen, terminally celebs, etc etc....and take every word he spews as gospel because he detests a pair of celebs due to a women 20 years his junior not falling at his feet, well then we are ****ed.
He has been sacked before but one of those times because he called Meghan the liar a liar

I don’t buy into everything he says or has said over the years but where Meghan and Harry are concerned he got that pair of twats banged to rights
Old 27-09-2021, 10:04 PM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
FACTS !
Old 27-09-2021, 10:07 PM #72
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs down

Quote:
He works for the Daily Mail.

They pay him for content they want

Same as every journalist the world over

So I take it your issue is with everyone?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 10:11 PM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
FACTS !
Rubbish.

He was on telly long before those 2 surfaced.

He could be talking about the price of 2 battered sausages and folk would want to listen.
Old 27-09-2021, 10:14 PM #74

Quote:
He has been sacked before but one of those times because he called Meghan the liar a liar

I don’t buy into everything he says or has said over the years but where Meghan and Harry are concerned he got that pair of twats banged to rights
That's the thing though....you believe what he's saying NOW because its in agreement with your opinion.

The man is a pariah...he will say what will earn him the.most coin.

I actually put more sway in people's opinion on here than.anything that comes out of a gob for hire hack such as.Morgan.

He says that Harry and Meghan are cashing in, pigs at the trough etc etc.....the man needs to loon how he is earning his living in the here and now and evaluate his words quite carefully. If they are cashing in.....so is he.

He accuses them.of virtue signalling whilst virtue signalling himself.

As a neutral....its actually hilarious
Old 27-09-2021, 10:17 PM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
He works for the Daily Mail.

They pay him for content they want

Same as every journalist the world over

So I take it your issue is with everyone?
At this point....yep.

Petrol panic.....fanned by the.media
Covid panic... fanned by the media

The world would be a much calmer place where it not for the media....and before you ask, by media by media I mean, online, tv news, papers, social media, gossip at the shops etc etc et ****ing cetera

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
citizen, event, global, harry, meghan, stage