Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-10-2021, 08:36 PM #176

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

It isn’t just her father she doesn’t want in her life any more, it is all of his side of the family, and also her mothers side - people she was previously close to; and they have spoken of how she has ghosted them also. We all know that not one of them was invited to her wedding, apart from Doria. The only difference is they aren’t desperate and hurting enough to do interviews to get her to contact them.
Many friends have been ghosted too.
Now Harry is estranged from his family. Meghan is the common denominator here in all these family breakdowns - it’s not just about her father, and people are still pretending not to notice that. Her mothers brother thinks it is because she is in a different social class now, sadly.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 08:37 PM #177

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Harry's as guilty as her.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 08:43 PM #178

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
They feed off each others bitterness and mental health issues.
Old 19-10-2021, 08:45 PM #179
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It isn’t just her father she doesn’t want in her life any more, it is all of his side of the family, and also her mothers side - people she was previously close to; and they have spoken of how she has ghosted them also. We all know that not one of them was invited to her wedding, apart from Doria. The only difference is they aren’t desperate and hurting enough to do interviews to get her to contact them.
Now Harry is estranged from his family. Meghan is the common denominator here in all these family breakdowns - it’s not just about her father, and people are still pretending not to notice that. Her mothers brother thinks it is because she is in a different social class now, sadly.
Thought ful and salient points Jet
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 10:39 PM #180

Quote:
Absolutely….
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 10:40 PM #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post

He is….
Old 20-10-2021, 12:02 AM #182

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Meghan Markle talks to Elle about her Dad. 2015

When I was about seven, I had been fawning over a boxed set of Barbie dolls. It was called The Heart Family and included a mom doll, a dad doll, and two children. This perfect nuclear family was only sold in sets of white dolls or black dolls. I don't remember coveting one over the other, I just wanted one. On Christmas morning, swathed in glitter-flecked wrapping paper, there I found my Heart Family: a black mom doll, a white dad doll, and a child in each colour. My dad had taken the sets apart and customised my family.
She recalled the moment again in a piece on The Tig, and how she pictured him standing in Toys R Us making the gift.
“I picture him standing there in Toys R Us, mums glaring at him for taking the toys apart, perhaps an employee saying 'excuse me sir, you can’t do that' — as my dad carefully separated the boxed sets to make one that echoed my reality," she said.

There was a mandatory census I had to complete in my English class – you had to check one of the boxes to indicate your ethnicity: white, black, Hispanic or Asian. There I was (my curly hair, my freckled face, my pale skin, my mixed race) looking down at these boxes, not wanting to mess up, but not knowing what to do. You could only choose one, but that would be to choose one parent over the other – and one half of myself over the other. My teacher told me to check the box for Caucasian. 'Because that's how you look, Meghan,' she said. I put down my pen. Not as an act of defiance, but rather a symptom of my confusion. I couldn't bring myself to do that, to picture the pit-in-her-belly sadness my mother would feel if she were to find out. So, I didn't tick a box. I left my identity blank – a question mark, an absolute incomplete – much like how I felt.
When I went home that night, I told my dad what had happened. He said the words that have always stayed with me: 'If that happens again, you draw your own box.'
I never saw my father angry, but in that moment I could see the blotchiness of his skin crawling from pink to red. It made the green of his eyes pop and his brow was weighted at the thought of his daughter being prey to ignorance. Growing up in a homogeneous community in Pennsylvania, the concept of marrying an African-American woman was not on the cards for my dad. But he saw beyond what was put in front of him in that small-sized (and, perhaps, small-minded) town, and he wanted me to see beyond that census placed in front of me. He wanted me to find my own truth.
Old 20-10-2021, 07:08 AM #183

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

All she did was find lies.
Old 20-10-2021, 07:47 AM #184
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Meghan Markle talks to Elle about her Dad. 2015

When I was about seven, I had been fawning over a boxed set of Barbie dolls. It was called The Heart Family and included a mom doll, a dad doll, and two children. This perfect nuclear family was only sold in sets of white dolls or black dolls. I don't remember coveting one over the other, I just wanted one. On Christmas morning, swathed in glitter-flecked wrapping paper, there I found my Heart Family: a black mom doll, a white dad doll, and a child in each colour. My dad had taken the sets apart and customised my family.
She recalled the moment again in a piece on The Tig, and how she pictured him standing in Toys R Us making the gift.
“I picture him standing there in Toys R Us, mums glaring at him for taking the toys apart, perhaps an employee saying 'excuse me sir, you can’t do that' — as my dad carefully separated the boxed sets to make one that echoed my reality," she said.

There was a mandatory census I had to complete in my English class – you had to check one of the boxes to indicate your ethnicity: white, black, Hispanic or Asian. There I was (my curly hair, my freckled face, my pale skin, my mixed race) looking down at these boxes, not wanting to mess up, but not knowing what to do. You could only choose one, but that would be to choose one parent over the other – and one half of myself over the other. My teacher told me to check the box for Caucasian. 'Because that's how you look, Meghan,' she said. I put down my pen. Not as an act of defiance, but rather a symptom of my confusion. I couldn't bring myself to do that, to picture the pit-in-her-belly sadness my mother would feel if she were to find out. So, I didn't tick a box. I left my identity blank – a question mark, an absolute incomplete – much like how I felt.
When I went home that night, I told my dad what had happened. He said the words that have always stayed with me: 'If that happens again, you draw your own box.'
I never saw my father angry, but in that moment I could see the blotchiness of his skin crawling from pink to red. It made the green of his eyes pop and his brow was weighted at the thought of his daughter being prey to ignorance. Growing up in a homogeneous community in Pennsylvania, the concept of marrying an African-American woman was not on the cards for my dad. But he saw beyond what was put in front of him in that small-sized (and, perhaps, small-minded) town, and he wanted me to see beyond that census placed in front of me. He wanted me to find my own truth.
2015, I wonder what changed for her

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 08:01 AM #185
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

relationships in families can change at any time. I can't believe people think it's normal for a father to appear on TV and say my daughter won't speak to me and then proceed to trash her. What do people expect the outcome to be after that?

if Wills went on tv and said Harry won't speak to me, he is a real twat. Do people expect Harry to reconcile?

Last edited by bitontheslide; 20-10-2021 at 08:04 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 08:06 AM #186
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
relationships in families can change at any time. I can't believe people think it's normal for a father to appear on TV and say my daughter won't speak to me and then proceed to trash her. What do people expect the outcome to be after that?
Well Meghan and Harry did that with the Oprah interview

Maybe he is desperate and when you are desperate you don’t always do the right things

The old saying comes to mind we only hurt the ones we love
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 08:16 AM #187
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

attention seeking money hungry man that Thomas Markle

why else constantly want to be on TV and in tabloids, someone like him who is a heart patient shouldn't go through all of this

but he keeps seeking it up himself to just stir more drama, more attention and cash what comes from any more frontpage articles, like father like daughter

wouldn't be surprised if he will publish a book soon

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 08:16 AM #188
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan

Quote:

if Wills went on tv and said Harry won't speak to me, he is a real twat. Do people expect Harry to reconcile?
All I'll say is I completely agree with this.

I've come across families that seemed strong together.
Where issues have arisen and family break up and separation results.

Once it happens, it's often much harder or near impossible to reconcile on.
However as you detail, even moreso when you have a Parent, going on TV as this man does.
Running down his daughter.

It is sad a Grandparent cannot see their Grandchild, however it is up to the Parents to permit that access.
He was on about taking legal action, although adding he wouldn't do so, (a veiled threat nonetheless).
There are many Grandparents not permitted to see grandchildren through marriage break-ups, or problems with other in laws.

However everytime he WILLINGLY appears on TV like he does, to me he seems like he's revelling in having some warped kind of attention.
I'd myself hate to have a parent like he seems to be.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 08:20 AM #189
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i think dear Thomas here believes in YOLO quite a lot

i mean you do only live once, so better take that opportunity to trash talk your daughter in every single interview what you do

tbh black sheep Meghan that is, not his precious Samantha the Snake of course

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 09:40 AM #190

Quote:

They can change at any time....and often no words get spoken again and no effort of reconciliation. Its very apparent he wants to reconcile...he hasnt really trashed her at all but the more she backs off the more resentful he will get.
He has reached out quite publicly...it seems its ok for Meghan to dish the dirt but all he wants is to be on speaking terms and meet his grandchildren.
Old 20-10-2021, 09:48 AM #191

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

I can't have sympathy for someone so bitter and thoughtless. He thinks Meghan and Harry "owe" him something. He's ruined any small chance there ever was of reuniting/ starting again.

And be honest who would still want anything to do with Thomas Markle, if he was YOUR DAD trashing you to the media for a quick buck ?? . I certainly would find it difficult to build a relationship with him again .
Old 20-10-2021, 09:49 AM #192

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

A father spends the past few years publicly slagging off his daughter and selling as many stories about her as possible to line his own pockets, then is shocked when she wants nothing to do with him, it’s a prime example of parental arrogance, people don’t have to hero worship their parents just because they’re their parents, he’s treated her like dirt for years now, he hasn’t acted like a father should act, so why in any sort of fashion, should he receive any of the benefits of being her father?
Old 20-10-2021, 09:53 AM #193

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

He hasnt acted like a father should because he was stopped from being given the chance.

Take the wedding for example.
Old 20-10-2021, 09:56 AM #194
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

I have only seen him interviewed once or twice, not followed him around religiously, but with those I did see, he didn't thrash her, he seems very confused by her and Harrys actions, and going on TV seems to be his release mechanism, I don't particularly agree with it but alot of people who are now saying he needs to stay quiet had no issue with Harry and Megs rocking up to thrash everyone in sight

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 20-10-2021, 10:03 AM #195

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I have only seen him interviewed once or twice, not followed him around religiously, but with those I did see, he didn't thrash her, he seems very confused by her and Harrys actions, and going on TV seems to be his release mechanism, I don't particularly agree with it but alot of people who are now saying he needs to stay quiet had no issue with Harry and Megs rocking up to thrash everyone in sight
Him & Samantha have made a few parasite appearances.

And what about that documentary he did a while ago..

He literally said in the programme regarding Meghan and Harry "They owe me " , he's so resentful and bitter .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 20-10-2021 at 10:04 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 10:19 AM #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
I can't have sympathy for someone so bitter and thoughtless. .

You seem to have it for Harry and Meghan though....
Old 20-10-2021, 10:21 AM #197
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Him & Samantha have made a few parasite appearances.

And what about that documentary he did a while ago..

He literally said in the programme regarding Meghan and Harry "They owe me " , he's so resentful and bitter .
Like I say I dont follow him religiously, how can you condone Harry and Megs thrashing the family but not Thomas, surely they are both as bad as each other

Old 20-10-2021, 10:28 AM #198
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Like I say I dont follow him religiously, how can you condone Harry and Megs thrashing the family but not Thomas, surely they are both as bad as each other
they are just as bad, but H&M aren't demanding the Royal firm speak to them

I think the whole thing is a giant embarrassment on both sides
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 11:09 AM #199

Quote:

They ARE as bad as each other....you cant slaughter one and not the other.
Old 20-10-2021, 11:14 AM #200
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
They ARE as bad as each other....you cant slaughter one and not the other.
Except for when the Meghan haters take her scum fathers words as gospel though

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
27th or 1 or 20, dad, gmbhditv, live, markle, thomas