Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-10-2021, 04:27 PM #251

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You are so crude.
You obviously have no idea what the royal family do and all their fantastic achievements.
The latest is William's Earthshot initiative, on TV the other night. Harry and Meghan should watch it and see how these things are done.
Of course everyone is hard working but Harry and Meghan
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 04:27 PM #252

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
For you: from Prince William.

https://earthshotprize.org/

REPAIRING OUR PLANET
The Earthshot Prize is the most ambitious and prestigious of its kind – designed to incentivise change and help to repair our planet over the next ten years…..
Five, one million-pound prizes will be awarded each year for the next ten years, providing at least 50 solutions to the world’s greatest environmental problems by 2030.
The Earthshot Prize is about much more than awarding achievement – it is a decade of action to convene the environmental world with funders, businesses and individuals to maximise impact and take solutions to scale, to celebrate the people and places driving change; and to inspire people all over the world to work together to repair the planet.
This is what an achievement looks like....not some hot air talk and no action....
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 04:30 PM #253
Adios

Adios

Tldr

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 04:31 PM #254

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Of course everyone is hard working but Harry and Meghan
If you think they H&M work hard what the heck do you do for a living? Test mattresses?
Old 21-10-2021, 05:00 PM #255

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
If you think they H&M work hard what the heck do you do for a living? Test mattresses?
Same could be said for you after that laughable work diary post you made for Will and Kate.
Old 21-10-2021, 05:25 PM #256

Quote:
You are so crude.
You obviously have no idea what the royal family do and all their fantastic achievements.
The latest is William's Earthshot initiative, on TV the other night. Harry and Meghan should watch it and see how these things are done.

That’s an example of the mentality you are dealing with….and those that find it funny.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 05:28 PM #257

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
That’s an example of the mentality you are dealing with….and those that find it funny.
Says ms all I contribute is a laugh emoji herself.
Old 21-10-2021, 05:30 PM #258

Quote:
I have never heard of of that ....and her father claims he has documents and bank statements that prove that he funded her education after she was filmed telling a group of students that she had to work and get grants to get through college. Remember the half sister Sam nearly having apoplexy in an interview when someone told her that Meghan had said that?
Meghan said in her Tig blog that she owed everything to her 'wonderful Dad'....and of course he is going to also help his other daughter and son.
Whatever the truth, she should help her father with his healthcare. No excuses for not doing so.
There are redacted court papers on line that show that is what Meghan claims. As I said, who knows what is true at this point, just putting another side out there. It has been well reported about too, there are lots of articles detailing the claims.
Old 21-10-2021, 05:32 PM #259

Quote:
Says ms all I contribute is a laugh emoji herself.

….that doesn’t equate to being crass
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 05:40 PM #260

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
There are redacted court papers on line that show that is what Meghan claims. As I said, who knows what is true at this point, just putting another side out there. It has been well reported about too, there are lots of articles detailing the claims.
Meghan has claimed a lot of things that have turned out to be lies.
Old 21-10-2021, 05:42 PM #261

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Yes, so immature.
Old 21-10-2021, 05:47 PM #262

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Same could be said for you after that laughable work diary post you made for Will and Kate.
Kate's work diary, not Will and Kate together - I should have posted their joint engagements too. Meghan obviously couldn't hack it and got out of there. She prefers to sit on her sofa and preach.
Old 21-10-2021, 05:49 PM #263

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Kate's work diary, not Will and Kate together - I should have posted their joint engagements too. Meghan obviously couldn't hack it and got out of there. She prefers to sit on her sofa and preach.
She's rich enough to, what's your excuse?
Old 21-10-2021, 05:51 PM #264

Quote:
Meghan has claimed a lot of things that have turned out to be lies.
These are court papers with backed up bank statements. You think she would perjure herself with information that is easily fact checked with relevant institutions? Its not Oprah....its a Court of Law and she has willingly entered this as evidence. I would imagine this, at least, is the truth.
Old 21-10-2021, 06:15 PM #265

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
These are court papers with backed up bank statements. You think she would perjure herself with information that is easily fact checked with relevant institutions? Its not Oprah....its a Court of Law and she has willingly entered this as evidence. I would imagine this, at least, is the truth.
I've never seen this, could you PM me the court bank statements, just when you get the time? Thanks!
Old 21-10-2021, 06:41 PM #266

Quote:
I've never seen this, could you PM me the court bank statements, just when you get the time? Thanks!
The court papers don't include the bank statements, but it shows they are in evidence. I will PM the redacted papers tomorrow when I am back in the office, am off to watch a movie with my son now. You can google it though, the papers are quite easy to find or I will PM you in the mornibg
Old 21-10-2021, 06:44 PM #267

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The court papers don't include the bank statements, but it shows they are in evidence. I will PM the redacted papers tomorrow when I am back in the office, am off to watch a movie with my son now. You can google it though, the papers are quite easy to find or I will PM you in the mornibg
Thanks Annie.
Old 21-10-2021, 06:44 PM #268
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
You blamed her scrounging scum father cashing in on her name because she married Harry. What you said was hilarious and irrational
Utter bollox as usual
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 06:49 PM #269

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

From todays DM. Is it any wonder people doubt anything Meghan says....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...didnt-say.html
By MARTIN ROBINSON, CHIEF REPORTER
21 October 2021 |

Meghan Markle claims she lived on $5 Sizzler salad as a child and her family was poor is a world away from the $14million LA mansion she lives in with Prince Harry and their two children having built up a $100million-plus fortune over the past two years.
Her extraordinary 1,030-word letter asks the Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and the Majority Leader in the US Senate Chuck Schumer, both Democrats, to consider her plea for paid leave for parents 'on behalf of my family, Archie and Lili and Harry'.

And critics have also questioned one of the most astonishing parts of her letter, that she suggests her family were impoverished but fails to mention her father was an Emmy award-winning lighting director and she was educated at private school from kindergarten including the $16,000-a-year private Immaculate Heart High School - all paid for by Thomas Markle's salary and his state lottery win…..

…..The Duchess of Sussex says she ate cheap salads and worked selling frozen yoghurt as a 13-year-old - but all the while she was being educated in exclusive LA schools, including one whose alumni included Elizabeth Taylor and July Garland, all paid for by her now estranged father Thomas.
Meghan claims in her letter the Covid pandemic has exposed 'long-existing fault lines in our communities' and says 'millions of women' have been forced to drop out of the workforce to look after their children as a result of schools and childcare providers being closed.
And in one of the most astonishing parts of her letter, she suggests her family were impoverished but does not mention her father was an Emmy award-winning lighting director and she was educated at private school….

I waited tables, babysat, and piecemealed jobs together to cover odds and ends,' Meghan writes. 'I worked all my life and saved when and where I could – but even that was a luxury – because usually it was about making ends meet and having enough to pay my rent and put gas in my car.'
But critics have also pointed out that Meghan was raised in middle class comfort in the suburb of Woodland Hills in a home Thomas Markle, an Emmy-award winning lighting director, bought shortly before Meghan was born in 1981…
….After her parents Thomas and Doria divorced when Meghan was six, they remained amicable and whatever the state of their shattered relationship now, Meghan has enjoyed a close bond with her father in the past and owed much to the money he earned in Hollywood to her world class education.

He sent her to Hollywood's private Little Red Schoolhouse, whose old students include Elizabeth Taylor and Judy Garland, where staff feed students six different types of organic vegetables from the school garden each week.
When Meghan was nine he won $750,000 in a lottery and the money helped send Meghan to the $16,000-a-year Immaculate Heart Catholic School, one of LA's finest.
Every day after school she would visit her father on the set of Married... with Children where he worked as a lighting director and was believed to earn $200,000-a-year.
Meghan's half-brother Thomas Jr said previously: 'Dad rang me one day and told me to come over. There was a lump on his bed under a blanket. I pulled it back and saw stacks of money there. My first reaction was, 'What did you do?' He started laughing and said, 'I won the lottery!'.
In her late teens Meghan went to Northwestern University, where she studied drama. 'Meg won scholarships to other universities but she wanted to go to Northwestern so she did,' her brother Thomas Jr said previously, adding: 'The money helped.'
Old 21-10-2021, 06:57 PM #270

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
$14million LA mansion she lives in with Prince Harry and their two children having built up a $100million-plus fortune over the past two years.
But she's work shy and just sits on the sofa preaching guys
Old 21-10-2021, 08:03 PM #271
-

-

Quote:
Nobody has said he is dependent on his daugher for validation; but according to you, Mr. Markle should be able to just flick a switch and turn any feelings of confusion, anger or frustration off like superhuman you obviously could do.
And his multi millionaire daughter shouldn’t even consider helping her ailing 77 yr old father with medical bills. Even though he worked his butt off to send the daughter he loved so much to the very best schools and put her through an expensive uni to get her the education she is benefiting from today, he can just die sooner rather than later, why should she care, nothing to do with her. Nice.

He shouldn’t be able to flick a switch and turn of his emotions but he should be able to control his emotions to the meagre extent of not bleating about his own daughter all over the media.

As for his medical bills, again, this is a separate debate: those bills shouldn’t exist, the fact that they do is a failing of civilised society so let’s not pass the buck to family members who we think “should” cough up.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 09:09 PM #272

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That’s what they are worth from the Netflix and Spotify deals on the backs of being the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, not on their own hard work or merit. Perhaps you can tell me what they have actually produced, because I haven’t seen anything?
There has been a lot of sofa preaching though, perhaps you missed all of those?

Last edited by jet; 21-10-2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old 21-10-2021, 09:22 PM #273

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
He shouldn’t be able to flick a switch and turn of his emotions but he should be able to control his emotions to the meagre extent of not bleating about his own daughter all over the media.

As for his medical bills, again, this is a separate debate: those bills shouldn’t exist, the fact that they do is a failing of civilised society so let’s not pass the buck to family members who we think “should” cough up.
Just as Meghan and Harry should be able to control their emotions and not bleat their lies all over the media in a far bigger and more widespread interview?
As for his medical bills, we are talking about a multimillionaire here, not working class Ginny from Glasgow. But it seems you wouldn’t cough up for an ailing parent if you had Meghan’s money either, it would be society and the NHS waiting lists that failed them, why should you dip into your big pot for private treatment. Let ‘em suffer!! That is just callous and shocking to me.
Old 21-10-2021, 11:23 PM #274
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Utter bollox as usual
There’s no need to self reflect on your posts right now sheriff. Or maybe you should. You might learn something

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2021, 07:50 PM #275

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Or sits at her desk writing letters....
Meghan’s latest attention seeking stunt, which would have been worthy enough if she had been the instigator for once….
According to taz
84.7K subscribers

Ever the bandwagon jumper is Meghan but she's a bit late for this one!! Writing to demand a policy for maternity and sick leave be pushed which has actually ALREADY gone through is a tad embarrassing! Especially as it was being pushed through as far back as April!!
I think she has done this so when the bill goes through she can claim VICTORY IS MINE!!

Meghan has yet again rewritten her history to make out she was some poor underprivileged child, forced to work at 13 to make ends meet when her Dad won the lottery and paid for her to attend top schools, dance classes, Colleges all of which he funded! What makes it all the more ridiculous is she seems to forget that she wrote about her own lucky childhood in her online blog THE TIG, there are photographs and videos everywhere proving she had way above average privilege as a child!
What is wrong with her? She couldn’t be more annoying and deceitful if she tried. And she always takes the easy, lazy way, preaching and demanding others listen to her and do things because she is the important Duchess of Sussex, don’t you know, while never actually physically doing anything herself.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
27th or 1 or 20, dad, gmbhditv, live, markle, thomas