Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 30-08-2021, 12:18 AM #1
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Favourites (more):

Default Survivor 41: A New Era - Premieres September 22nd 2021

A New thread for the new season.

Quote:
Premiere Date Announced for Survivor 41

Survivor is finally coming back!

BY MARTIN HOLMES
NEWS12 JUL 2021

CBS has announced its upcoming fall schedule, including the premiere of the highly anticipated Survivor 41, which will premiere on Wednesday, September 22 at 8:00 PM with a two-hour episode. The show will move to its regular Wednesday 8-9 PM time period from September 29.

While we don’t yet know if the two-hour premiere will be one feature length episode or two regular length episodes back-to-back, given recent history, it stands to reason it is two separate episodes. The Winners At War premiere, which aired in early 2020, was a considered a single episode, however, it still featured two separate Tribal Councils and eliminations.

Survivor has been on hiatus for well over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic forcing production to shut down back in March 2020. After various setbacks and delayed restarts, the show was eventually able to get back up and running earlier this year. The production crew returned to Fiji and filmed two seasons back-to-back.

As previously reported on Inside Survivor, the upcoming Survivor 41 (and Survivor 42) will be shorter in length than past seasons, lasting just 26 days. There is also no theme or location title for the season, it will simply be referred to as Survivor 41.

Survivor 41 will feature 18 brand new castaways divided into three tribes. While CBS has yet to officially announce the cast, Inside Survivor revealed the new castaways earlier this year.
https://insidesurvivor.com/premiere-...vivor-41-50082

Last edited by Calderyon; 02-11-2021 at 09:01 PM.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2021, 12:19 AM #2

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Survivor 41 cast was released earlier this year:

https://insidesurvivor.com/cast/season-41-cast
Old 19-09-2021, 11:43 AM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Survivor 41 premieres on this Wednesday.

Last edited by Calderyon; 19-09-2021 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:57 PM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

OK, season. Good casting, OK competitions, somewhat better episodes in terms of content quality.

The amount of advantages though is staggering. And the latest one is just plain stupid. With a predictable outcome.

Spoiler:

Very likely she is going to smash it.

Last edited by Calderyon; 02-11-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:15 AM #5
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Going to end 2021 but actually doing a writeup for this season -- I kinda enjoyed it! It certainly had its flaws but I ended up liking it a loooot more than I expected. Modern Survivor still has a plethora of flaws that have been discussed ad nauseam, and in the pre-merge it really felt like Probst was trolling us by amplifying these flaws to the highest degree, but Jesse Tannenbaum ultimately did a really good job with casting and they were able to shine in spite of the production issues. I also think this is the first season since like..... Kaoh Rong? where things didn't totally fly off the rails once the merge hit (David vs. Goliath was still Good but it certainly dropped in quality once they merged.)

And then a cast ranking...

1. Shan (so As A Human I think she's kind of grimy and I would probably hate having to spend any long period of time with her, and her visibility broke the scale on multiple occasions, but she's soooooooo epic and Shakespearean that I can't deny her the #1 spot. The Shanthem, conning people into giving her their advantages and then taking them out in the most ice cold fashion, her relationship with Deshawn, her relationship with Ricard, her entire boot episode...... I could go on and on. Absolutely The Star of the season and should be a lock to return if she ever wanted to. Definitely the most epic character we've had since Angelina)
2. Tiffany (kind of disappointed that she flattened out in the back half of her stay because her first few episodes were incredible! That OTTP-OTTN-CPN string of episodes is hilarious and nobody was more relatable this season than when she didn't know what to do in the Voce boot because the number of twists were just getting too complicated for humans to comprehend <3 I'm still stunned that she went out as early as she did because she felt like she absolutely had more to give)
3. Deshawn (I'm surprised I have him this high but I'm going with it? He is absolutely flawed but he absolutely works as a character for me, especially in the endgame. His edit was a little much by the end, but he had that Ben Driebergen effect where he just made **** HAPPEN and created a bunch of legitimately interesting storylines since people had to cope with living with him. I know the common opinion is shifting to "would've been awful as a winner but works as a FTC loser," but I feel like he'd kinda work as a winner as well too honestly. He's epic and fleshed out and really gave it his all and I can appreciate that)
4. Liana (a surprisingly mature yet immature 20 year old <3 alol for someone so wise beyond her years, she really went ****ing INSANE over Xander's existence and it was glorious. She is one of the bigger offenders over obsessing over Big Movez and Da Game, but she was SO passionate about her insanity that it wrapped back around into hilarity for me. Crying over not being able to pull off a blindside and making a million dollar mistake *in episode 3*, completely misplaying her Knowledge Is Power advantage to an embarrassing degree, hating Xander's stupid face and her entire showing in the double boot, that one secret scene where she's getting physical with Xander over an Idol search... it was a work of art <3)
5. Xander (he doesn't really feel like a top five person of the season but he kinda is? His fanbase is awful and I'm stunned that the masses somehow think he was ROBBED of the win when he actually kinda played awful and like a dumb 20 year old, but Xander Himself is actually good and fun not awful or overwhelming at all. The Idol fake out on Liana is objectively a top moment of recent Survivor so he gets points for that alone tbh)
6. Heather (alol I wasn't really on board with Purple Heather in the beginning because it was just annoying meme status but she kinda ages really well? A sweetheart whose love for The Experience seemed really pure and she was actually really important to the game? Absolutely deserved a better edit)
7. Naseer (a little too overt with the OTTPness but a genuinely nice and good person! He had some fun and funny moments and was actually endearing at times. Of course Reddit and Peridiam were annoying with the THAT IS NASEER memes but he's still good)
8. Erika (I think her win is gonna age well and it certainly is monumental and important, but I don't really care about her thaaaaat much? I'm happy she won and that a woman won in general because I legitimately never thought it would happen again, but I would've preferred quite a few other women winning to Erika lol. She vibed a little too new school and meta to me when she talked at times about Big Movez and Survivor Resumes and whatever. She certainly wasn't the worst offender of it we've ever seen on this show, or even on this season, but it knocks her down a few points for me. I also don't really feel like we got to know her at all unfortunately?)

9. Sara ("THERE'S PIECES IN THE BAG!!!!!!" was my personal highlight of the premiere honestly alol and I was very upset at her boot! But the season went on)
10. Genie (kinda whatever in the beginning but then she BROKE OUT after the Brad blindside when she lashed out at everyone and vowed to only prepare her own foot and let everyone fend for themselves <3 honestly that's the kind of petty conflict we need on Survivor these days! But then she was booted very soon after lol oh well)
11. Danny (kind of a boring MOR townsperson but a nice one! Genuinely seems like a good person and he didn't do anything awful at all. Would have risen a few spots if they showed his meltdown over the hourglass twist but alas)
12. Sydney (a strange MORN presence! Sometimes she was funny in her awfulness, sometimes her awfulness was appealing to the lowest common denominator. Middle of the pack seems like an appropriate spot for her)
13. Brad (I know some people go on about him being one of the best early boots OF ALL TIME but I don't see it at all. He was goodish for an episode or two but then I forgot about him once he left.)
14. Evvie (kind of a goodish start but A) was a screentime hog, B) was very much into The Game to a degree that I am not, C) literally *begged* to be on the Jury, D) was an annoying Jury foreman, so four strikes and you're OUT)
15. Abraham (A first boot of Survivor)
16. Voce (a pre-merge boot of Survivor)

17. Ricard (hoooonestly I didn't hate him like most people but his finale performance was REALLY bad and kinda ruined any good will I had for him. The self-congratulatory OTTP sendoff where he just brags about how he's one of the best players EVER and Jeff reassures him that not all of the best players win (?!) was truly a low for the franchise. And then he went to Ponderosa and tried to put himself on the Survivor Mount Rushmore or something???)
18. JD (honestly just really annoying and took up WAY too much screentime. He's authentically inauthentic and not in a good way. A perfect exemplar of why 20-year-olds shouldn't be cast)

It was hard to rank this cast because I feel like a lot of people are around the same tier of good/whatever and nobody's really BAD besides JD, but I guess this is what I came up with?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2021, 22nd, 41, era, premieres, september, survivor