Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-01-2022, 06:28 PM #2051
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
It hasn’t helped me much .. I’m still poorly after day 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
could be due to other factors tbh..
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 08:38 PM #2052

arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2022, 08:14 AM #2053
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://nltimes.nl/2022/01/25/events...wn-relaxations

Netherlands: Events organizer ID&T is "deeply disappointed" about the leaked lockdown relaxations after "repeated calls to the Cabinet to come up with a fully-fledged and realistic plan," director Ritty van Straalen said. "With only one-third capacity, it is not a reopening. Staying closed for any longer, with no clear perspective, feels like a deep insult to our entire industry."

According to insiders, the Cabinet will allow a maximum of 1,250 attendees for indoor events with mandatory seating. Outside, events can fill the capacity to a maximum of one-third. The relaxations will be announced during a press conference on Tuesday evening.

"Despite the fact that these 'relaxations' make it seem like the event sector can open again, this is not the case," said Van Straalen. "The situation is untenable and, combined with the lack of perspective, has a very demotivating effect on our entire sector."

Van Straalen said that the company would continue to call on the Cabinet "to come up with a fully-fledged and realistic plan" for the industry. "Without social distancing and without capacity restrictions, to save the once-thriving event industry, and so that we can get out of this crisis together."

The cultural sector is also not happy with the leaked relaxations. A closing time of 10:00 p.m. "is impossible or very difficult to work with for many theaters and companies." So said Sanne Wallis de Vries, comedian and co-initiator of the protest action Hair Salon Theater.

"I find it incomprehensible that no exception is made for the theater sector," said Wallis de Vries. "If we can stay open until 11:00 p.m., then it makes all the difference to the sector and nothing to the virus and policymakers."

Opening is also not profitable if visitors have to keep 1.5 meters apart, she said. "In short: if the conditions are closing at 10:00 p.m and social distancing, that means many theaters will remain closed. And many players will not play. So it's a sham. And nobody understands why."

The other initiator of Hair Salon Theater, Diederik Ebbinge, agrees with Wallis de Vries, he said on Twitter. "We are very curious why the extra hour is not allowed for those who can play. That helps enormously. Bruls' argument of 'at the same time as the catering industry, that's easier to enforce' does not count," he said.

With Hair Salon Theater, several theaters in the Netherlands were converted into hair salons, massage studious, or beauty salons last Wednesday. Visitors could get a haircut or a facial while watching a performance. The theaters wanted to show that they could open as safely as contact professions, which the Cabinet reopened in the previous set of relaxations.

-----------------------
https://nltimes.nl/2022/01/25/mayors...ces-approaches

Prime Minister Mark Rutte and coronavirus Minister Ernst Kuipers will announce the relaxation of some coronavirus measures in a press conference on Tuesday evening. The cultural sector can reopen under certain conditions, as can restaurants and bars. Events will be possible again under strict conditions. The mayors on the Security Council urged the Cabinet to set the same closing time for all sectors. "Use one time. That makes communication clear and easier," said chairman Hubert Bruls, mayor of Nijmegen.

The Cabinet will make the final decision on relaxing measures on Tuesday, but Rutte already said last week that he was optimistic about the room to loosen restrictions.

For the first time, the Cabinet also published the advice of the Outbreak Management Team (OMT). The OMT only wanted businesses to remain open until 8:00 p.m., but it looks like the Cabinet opted for a closing time of 10:00 p.m. The OMT also advised allowing spectators at sports matches.

The mayors in the Security Council advised the government to stick to one closing time. Because one time is easiest to enforce, the mayors concluded. Bruls did not say what closing time the mayors would suggest. The longer you stay open, the greater the chance of infection, he said after the Security Council meeting with Justice Minister Dilan Yeşilgöz in Utrecht on Monday evening. "We have to accept that more people are going to get sick."

That is also happening in neighboring countries where most restrictions have been scrapped. There is also greater pressure on the healthcare sector. Nevertheless, according to Minister Yeşilgöz, the Netherlands cannot be compared one-on-one with other countries because other regulations like the 2G coronavirus access policy apply there. That is why the 25 security regions recommend coordinating the policy with the surrounding countries. "It is good to align the measures with neighboring countries," said Bruls.

The OMT also said that children up to the age of 12 no longer have to quarantine if they don't have Covid-19 symptoms. They are advised to do a daily self-test if they had contact with someone who had the virus. If that is not possible, the GGD or doctor may still recommend quarantine.

The rules around quarantine are in the spotlight because the number of Covid-19 infections is rising so rapidly. If too many people have to stay at home due to an infection or close contact with someone infected, sectors risk getting into trouble. Employers' organizations VNO-NCW and MKB-Nederland asked the Cabinet to relax the rules for workers, warning that "half of the Netherlands will soon be sitting don't he couch without complaints."

The high number of infections is also causing problems in the test line. The GGDs have reached the limit of their testing capacity, the umbrella organization said on Monday.

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Last edited by Nicky91; 25-01-2022 at 08:14 AM.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2022, 12:50 PM #2054
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://nltimes.nl/2022/01/25/validi...h-eu-countries

Netherlands: From February 1, Covid-19 vaccination certificates in the Netherlands will be valid for 270 days from the date of vaccination. Recovery certificates will be valid for 180 days. This is equal to other European countries.

That means that if you want to get a coronavirus access pass in the Netherlands, you must show that you were vaccinated or got a booster shot less than nine months ago, recovered from the coronavirus less than six months ago, or tested negative for the coronavirus in the past 24 hours.

The coronavirus access pass is usually in the form of a QR code on the CoronaCheck app. The expectation is that these access passes will be widely used again once the Cabinet reopens the catering, cultural, and events industry. Prime Minister Mark Rutte and Health Minister Ernst Kuipers will give a press conference tonight.

Former Health Minister Hugo de Jonge announced in December that the validity of the vaccination certificate would be limited as per the EU standard. "The protection decreased the longer the full vaccination has been completed," he said at the time.

All paper certificates for Covid-19 vaccinations and recovery will expire on April 1, according to RTL Nieuws

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2022, 01:59 PM #2055
You know my methods

You know my methods

Old 26-01-2022, 05:51 AM #2056
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Have we heard from Zizu

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 06:08 AM #2057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Have we heard from Zizu
He was posting yesterday. He was still quite poorly Monday....hopefully over the worst
Old 26-01-2022, 07:03 AM #2058
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

He'll be ok. He was posting yesterday
Old 26-01-2022, 09:18 AM #2059

Default Coronavirus Outbreak : Plan B is ending 26th Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
He'll be ok. He was posting yesterday

Hi
After 6 days in bed I’ve had a couple of better days .. still sleeping an awful lot then spending the rest of the day shattered on the couch though .. still having intermittent hot / cold sweats as well .

I can’t concentrate on anything for long at all - just too tiring - sounds weird I know .

I lost my sense of smell an day 6 , not returned as yet .

I’ve pencilled in a to return to work next Monday but I’ve got to make a lot of progress over the next days - a can’t risk going back then having a relapse .

Last edited by Zizu; 26-01-2022 at 09:21 AM.
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 09:23 AM #2060
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

keep getting lots of rest zizu. There is no timetable that everyone follows. My brother was still getting tired easily after a couple of weeks so, go with the flow.

Have you done another lateral flow test yet, is that negative or still positive?
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 09:31 AM #2061

I got off lightly with it, had worse colds before and tested negative on day 5 so back in work and son back in school. Take care Zizu - lots of rest and fluids
Old 26-01-2022, 09:31 AM #2062

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
keep getting lots of rest zizu. There is no timetable that everyone follows. My brother was still getting tired easily after a couple of weeks so, go with the flow.

Have you done another lateral flow test yet, is that negative or still positive?

I did a postal PCR test which came back as positive ( Sunday ) . I’ll test myself on Sat / Sun if it looks like I’ll be going back in work on Monday

Seems like a waste of LF tests , otherwise tbh

Old 26-01-2022, 09:32 AM #2063
-

-

Quote:
Hi
After 6 days in bed I’ve had a couple of better days .. still sleeping an awful lot then spending the rest of the day shattered on the couch though .. still having intermittent hot / cold sweats as well .

I can’t concentrate on anything for long at all - just too tiring - sounds weird I know .

I’ve pencilled in a to return to work next Monday but I’ve got to make a lot of progress over the next days - a can’t risk going back then having a relapse .

Are you testing negative? It'd be slightly odd if you still have active Covid so you may well have some sort of post-viral syndrome going on. Worth getting out for a PCR and then seeing your doctor if it comes back negative. If it's positive you're just still fighting the virus so it's normal immune response taking a bit longer than usual. Get a PCR though as a LF negative is far from conclusive.

The fatigue and temperature spikes could easily be postviral (immune system doing weird stuff even though there's no live Covid in your system any more).

A few years back I had some weird virus and then in the aftermath, after being fine all through the day every day, I was getting a temp spike (big one, like 39.5 degrees+) every single night at around 1am - 4am. My skin was actually boiling hot to the touch and I couldn't sleep through it. It went on for well over a month, ****ing horrible.

A friend of mine at Uni also got increased fatigue after glandular fever that lasted nearly 8 months .

As for the sense of smell/taste thing, unfortunately I've known a few people who got that with Covid and it didn't fully return for about 3 or 4 months ... so you might just have a bit of a wait with that.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 26-01-2022 at 09:34 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 09:56 AM #2064

[Unvaccinated NHS worker who was hesitant
about jab dies from Covid-19 just days after changing mind
]

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...itant-26049518
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 09:56 AM #2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Are you testing negative? It'd be slightly odd if you still have active Covid so you may well have some sort of post-viral syndrome going on. Worth getting out for a PCR and then seeing your doctor if it comes back negative. If it's positive you're just still fighting the virus so it's normal immune response taking a bit longer than usual. Get a PCR though as a LF negative is far from conclusive.

The fatigue and temperature spikes could easily be postviral (immune system doing weird stuff even though there's no live Covid in your system any more).

A few years back I had some weird virus and then in the aftermath, after being fine all through the day every day, I was getting a temp spike (big one, like 39.5 degrees+) every single night at around 1am - 4am. My skin was actually boiling hot to the touch and I couldn't sleep through it. It went on for well over a month, ****ing horrible.

A friend of mine at Uni also got increased fatigue after glandular fever that lasted nearly 8 months .

As for the sense of smell/taste thing, unfortunately I've known a few people who got that with Covid and it didn't fully return for about 3 or 4 months ... so you might just have a bit of a wait with that.
My intrigue got the better of me after reading this post .. and I did a LF test ...

I just tested negative so that’s hopeful .

I think it follows that it is just the immune system .. the sweats have been getting less frequent each day and nothing so far today .

Last edited by Zizu; 26-01-2022 at 09:57 AM.
Old 26-01-2022, 10:00 AM #2066
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
My intrigue got the better of me after reading this post .. and I did a LF test ...

I just tested negative so that’s hopeful .

I think it follows that it is just the immune system .. the sweats have been getting less frequent each day and nothing so far today .

if you tested negative and test negative again tomorrow, you are on the mend. That's the most important thing. You may need to slow down because you get tired easily for a while, but you will be over the worst of it
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 10:01 AM #2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
if you tested negative and test negative again tomorrow, you are on the mend. That's the most important thing. You may need to slow down because you get tired easily for a while, but you will be over the worst of it
Ooops ..

On closer inspection a very , very faint line is still there .. still looks hopeful and I am feeling brighter this morning - just get very breathless after any moving around . I guess that’s to be expected though

Last edited by Zizu; 26-01-2022 at 10:34 AM.
Old 26-01-2022, 11:05 AM #2068
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

How is your wife Zizu?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 11:07 AM #2069

Quote:
Ooops ..

On closer inspection a very , very faint line is still there .. still looks hopeful and I am feeling brighter this morning - just get very breathless after any moving around . I guess that’s to be expected though

I had a very faint line on Day 4 Zizu and was then negative day 5 and 6. You're at the end now and hopefully will regain your strength daily
Old 26-01-2022, 11:12 AM #2070
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Hi

Take your time, don't go back too soon.
I made that mistake and went back to work when I wasn't ready. It was hell
Old 26-01-2022, 11:15 AM #2071
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

I've had something like that a while back. Horrible
Old 26-01-2022, 11:15 AM #2072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Take your time, don't go back too soon.
I made that mistake and went back to work when I wasn't ready. It was hell

Thank you ..

Old 26-01-2022, 11:26 AM #2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I had a very faint line on Day 4 Zizu and was then negative day 5 and 6. You're at the end now and hopefully will regain your strength daily

My wife had a very mild dose thankfully -she did test everyday-she had 7 positives then two negatives on day 8 and 9 .

This is my day nine so it does seem to be about right given I’ve had a much harder time of things

Last edited by Zizu; 26-01-2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old 26-01-2022, 11:27 AM #2074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
How is your wife Zizu?

Fine ... back at work and no ill effects at all

Old 26-01-2022, 11:49 AM #2075
You know my methods

You know my methods

Jeremy Vine an example of left wing media types now back-peddling re the pandemic

"Oh i was always against lockdowns and restrictions and fearmongering"

expect many more to follow

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
24th or 22, 7pm, coronavirus, covid, england, outbreak, removed, removes, restrictions, thurs