Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:10 PM #2151

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

We're all going to have to live with COVID being around , take precautions still and use common sense but still go out and get on with our lives.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:14 PM #2152
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
We're all going to have to live with COVID being around , take precautions still and use common sense but still go out and get on with our lives.
quite right Goldie

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:27 PM #2153

Default Coronavirus Outbreak : Plan B is ending 26th Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
were you more poorly than a normal flu reaction?

I think you love being a victim, be grateful you had a minor illness and stop stressing

To be fair I was in bed for 6 days and I’ve spent the last 9 days asleep/or flat out on the sofa .. 16 days of pain in all parts of my body ..

If that’s flu then so be it ..

It’s easiest the worst thing I’ve had to endure including the times I had food poisoning and the two periods I spent in hospital after allergic reactions to antibiotics

I return to work tomorrow .. probably a lot sooner than I should but it is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zizu; 02-02-2022 at 07:29 PM.
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:07 PM #2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
To be fair I was in bed for 6 days and I’ve spent the last 9 days asleep/or flat out on the sofa .. 16 days of pain in all parts of my body ..

If that’s flu then so be it ..

It’s easiest the worst thing I’ve had to endure including the times I had food poisoning and the two periods I spent in hospital after allergic reactions to antibiotics

I return to work tomorrow .. probably a lot sooner than I should but it is what it is

I think you were very unlucky Zizu. I personally have had worse colds and everyone I know has been the same. If you don't feel ready to go back work are yiu not best off waiting until Monday?
Old 02-02-2022, 08:28 PM #2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I think you were very unlucky Zizu. I personally have had worse colds and everyone I know has been the same. If you don't feel ready to go back work are yiu not best off waiting until Monday?

I told them I’d go in Monday just gone but asked for a few more days ..

I can’t put things off forever .

I decided to bite the bullet ...if I feel dreadful I’ll just just home

Old 02-02-2022, 08:53 PM #2156
You know my methods

You know my methods

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:18 PM #2157

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

???

Old 03-02-2022, 07:26 AM #2158
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://nltimes.nl/2022/02/02/nightc...an-open-feb-12

Netherlands: Nightclubs fed up with Covid rules plan to open on Feb. 12
Nightclubs and discotheques plan to open their doors next Saturday. Two organizations representing the businesses, Nachtbelang and the Overleg Amsterdamse Clubs (OAC), say they are fed up that the Cabinet's plans to reopen society still have not given any consideration to nightlife companies. They want clubs across the country to open their doors on February 12.

"And not for one night, but just every night," said activist group De Nacht Staat Op, which translates as The Night Rises Up. "Everyone deserves the night to get to know themselves and to be themselves. If you don't see that, you're sleeping. That's why the night rises up: to shake the government and wake everyone up again," the group said in a video on the Instagram page.

According to a spokesperson for the campaign, the aim is to generate attention for the clubs again. "We notice that that is not happening at all, and that just hurts after being closed for two years."

The spokesperson said, "With this action we want to show ourselves how we can open safely again. It is certain that the target group of nightclubs is now visiting each other at various locations and parties, he stated. "We can do that much more safely with security guards, bar staff and a good ventilation system." The intention is that during the night of the February 12 promotion, the coronavirus access pass will be checked.

The sector will continue to consult with the Ministry of Economic Affairs on Monday. According to the ministry, this is about "collecting input to take with to the Cabinet's deliberation moment." According to a spokesperson, no decision will be made about the use of the 1G coronavirus pass policy in the nightlife sector, where all visitors are required to get a coronavirus test regardless of vaccination or recovery status.

Health Minister Ernst Kuipers said in the Tweede Kamer last week that he wanted to investigate whether the nightlife industry could open with the 1G policy. Currently, the 3G policy is in place, where the access pass is provided to anyone considered fully vaccinated against Covid-19, anyone who recently recovered from the coronavirus infection, or anyone who tests negative within 24 hours of entry.

According to the current rules, the entire hospitality industry must close its doors at 10 p.m. nightly. Assigned seating is also required

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:36 PM #2159
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Netherlands todays numbers

82.961 new cases

1.386 total hospitalisations

218 total on ICU's/ventilators, 16 new patients on ICU's

11 new deaths

201 new patients on the nursing wards

Old 03-02-2022, 01:38 PM #2160
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://nltimes.nl/2022/02/03/covid-...ic-experts-say

Netherlands: Covid access pass having very little effect on pandemic, experts say
The effect of the 3G coronavirus access pass policy on the pandemic is currently so limited that it may as well be abolished, three experts said to NU.nl. Though they added that if the access policy is scrapped, other measures will have to take its place.

There are three levels of Covid-19 access policy commonly used in the world. The Netherlands works on the 3G policy, which allows access to things like restaurants to people who have been vaccinated against, recovered from, or tested negative for Covid-19. The term 3G comes from the three G's in Dutch words gevaccineerd (vaccinated), genezen (recovered), and getest (tested). 2G allows access to vaccinated and recovered people. With 1G everyone must test negative, vaccinated or not.

A recent study by TU Delft showed that the 2G and 3G access policies aren't very effective against the current high number of Covid-19 infections caused by the extra contagious Omicron variant. The 1G policy would be more effective, though there are practical problems with testing so many people every day. 2G and 3G are also more effective if the group not protected against Covid through vaccination or recovery is larger. In the past weeks, infections skyrocketed, resulting in more people building up natural protection.

Niek Mouter, the author of the TU Delft study, therefore believes that a discussion can be held on whether the access policy is still a proportionate measure. He doesn't want to comment on which measures should go and stay. "But the effect has become a lot smaller. I am happy that the discussion can now be held," he said to NU.nl.

Epidemiologists Patricia Bruijning and Frist Roosendaal told NU.nl that the 3G access policy is still dampening the spread of the coronavirus, but the effect is minimal. And that effect will become smaller in the coming weeks, Bruijning said. The Netherlands is still moving towards the peak of the current coronavirus wave, which means that even more people will become infected and build up protection. "Once you're at this stage, it doesn't add a whole lot more."

Roosendaal adds that 3G is aimed at slowing down the pandemic. "That doesn't work now because you can get the virus everywhere. It's a matter of mopping with the tap open. Vaccines also don't prevent all Omicron infections. So the mop you're using is also broken."

As the access policy is still having some effect, scrapping it would mean taking other measures to fill the gap it leaves, the epidemiologists said. For example, the catering establishments would have to close early for a longer period of time. And then, the question is whether it is fair to move away from the access policy. "You actually keep things away from people who were properly vaccinated. I find that a bit storage," Roosendaal said.

"You have to do it in steps and prioritize things," Bruijning said to the newspaper. "You have a toolbox to prevent the spread of the virus. Each measure individually does not do much, but together it does. At the next moment of consideration, the question is, what is your priority? Abandoning 3G? Or, for example, keeping bars open for longer?

Old 03-02-2022, 01:41 PM #2161
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Netherlands: reduced audiences are welcome again at football matches as of February 12th, but everyone still has to wear a face mask and 1.5 metre distance from each other

Old 03-02-2022, 03:03 PM #2162
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Netherlands: reduced audiences are welcome again at football matches as of February 12th, but everyone still has to wear a face mask and 1.5 metre distance from each other
Is your country not embarrassed by how Denmark are handling this?

they have far higher cases but have ended all restrictions?
Old 04-02-2022, 08:38 AM #2163
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://nltimes.nl/2022/02/04/covid-...period-granted

Netherlands: No Covid passes expiring today; Brief grace period granted
The first green check marks on the CoronaCheck app will not expire on Friday but from Tuesday next week. The Ministry of Public Health announced that the first expiration dates are moved from February 4 to February 8.

It concerns over half a million people who received two vaccinations but no booster. They'll lose their coronavirus access pass, usually shown as a QR code on the government's CoronaCheck app. They can get tested if they still want to access locations where an access pass is required.

The Cabinet set the validity period for the Covid-19 vaccination certificate to align with the European travel passes, the Digital Corona Certificate (DCC). The vaccination certificate is valid for nine months, after which it expires if the person hasn't had a booster shot. The booster shot certificate does not have an expiry date yet. The recovery certificate is valid for six months.

Earlier this week, parliament was critical about the expiry of the vaccination certificates. But a motion to stop it did not receive majority support.

-------------
https://nltimes.nl/2022/02/04/dutch-...adiums-weekend

Dutch football to campaign for full stadiums this weekend
Dutch professional football will be campaigning for full stadiums this weekend using #stadionsvol. According to a joint statement by the football clubs, supporters, and other parties in professional football, allowing more spectators at matches can absolutely be done safely and responsibly, AD reports. The current coronavirus measures state that stadiums can only be filled to one-third capacity.

"Paid football is about playing in front of an audience. Playing football in front of empty or mostly empty stands is lacking in atmosphere, unnecessary, and costs a lot of money. 1/3 stadium occupancy is not a long-term solution," the statement read. "We don't want to go into a process that could take weeks or months. The Hague must issue a clear end date, after which we can build up to full(er) stadiums. We would at least like to receive everyone who has bought a season ticket as soon as possible."

According to Dutch football, previous field lab experiments showed that stadiums are not Covid-19 hotspots. "This is apparent from information from the GGD and is also logical: no one enters without their coronavirus access pass checked, and all spectators are in the open air. Research shows that there are hardly any infections outside."

They also launched a petition, which they plan to present to the government next Thursday. At 10:00 a.m. on Friday, it already had nearly 32,700 signatures.

Old 04-02-2022, 12:45 PM #2164
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

https://nltimes.nl/2022/02/04/booste...health-council

Netherlands: Booster shots not necessary for teens: Health Council
The Health Council considers it unnecessary to offer all teenagers aged 12 to 17 a booster shot against Covid-19. A booster vaccination provides only "minimal health benefits" for this age group, according to the Health Council.

The Council also believes that an additional vaccination for adolescents will have "no significant effect" on the spread of the coronavirus among the population. While, in rare cases, the vaccination can lead to inflammation of the heart muscle or the pericardium. Also, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has not yet said anything about the benefits and risks of a booster shot for people under the age of 18.

The Council's advice also applies to teenagers with an increased risk of severe illness after a coronavirus infection. For example, people who are usually also invited for the flu shot and people with Down's syndrome.

The Health Council recommended "customization" for teenagers with a severe immune disorder. People age 12 and older with such a disorder, for whom two vaccine doses may not offer sufficient protection, were already able to get a third shot. "The re-eligibility of these adolescents and their relatives for additional vaccine doses will have to be assessed by their pediatricians," the Council said. Young people who want a booster shot to protect a vulnerable family member should also be able to receive an extra vaccination.

Some teenagers also want a booster shot because it is a requirement to travel without regular Covid-19 testing. It is not up to the Council to decide whether an extra would be available to this group, it said.

Former Health Minister Hugo de Jonge asked the Health Council for advice on booster shots for teenagers at the end of December. The vaccines the EMA so far approved for booster shots have only been approved for adults. De Jonge, therefore, also asked the Health Council whether the booster campaign for teens should start without approval.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:16 PM #2165
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Netherlands todays numbers

1.366 total hospitalisations, decrease of 20 compared to yesterday

1.152 total on nursing wards, decrease of 16 compared to yesterday

214 total on ICU's/ventilators, decrease of 4 compared to yesterday

72.162 new cases

booster percentage now at 59.4%

Last edited by Nicky91; 04-02-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2022, 03:18 PM #2166

Friday 4/2/22

254 Have died
84,053 Have caught Covid-19

Patients in hospital
Latest available

Patients in
ventilation beds
Latest available

Total UK Covid-19 Deaths

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:18 PM #2167
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
28/1/22 Friday

277 have Died
89,176 have caught Covid-19

Patients in hospital
Latest available

Patients in
ventilation beds
Latest available

Total UK Deaths.

Quote:
Friday 4/2/22

254 Have died
84,053 Have caught Covid-19

Patients in hospital
Latest available

Patients in
ventilation beds
Latest available

Total UK Covid-19 Deaths

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:26 PM #2168

Old 04-02-2022, 10:28 PM #2169

Old 05-02-2022, 08:29 AM #2170

Omicron can be caught loads of times,
that's the problem.

The Hotspots are spreading it cross the UK.

Dr Chris Smith and Professor Linda Bauld
just on BBC1AM

Last edited by arista; 05-02-2022 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:00 AM #2171
Sod orf

Sod orf

Shaq knows

I bet they don't have him on as a guest again.

Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:20 AM #2172
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Omicron can be caught loads of times,
that's the problem.

The Hotspots are spreading it cross the UK.

Dr Chris Smith and Professor Linda Bauld
just on BBC1AM
yes most folk catch a few colds every year
Old 05-02-2022, 11:17 AM #2173
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

in 3 months there will be an updated vaccine that includes omicron and it will be updated for any new variants too, just like the flu jab
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:43 AM #2174
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
in 3 months there will be an updated vaccine that includes omicron and it will be updated for any new variants too, just like the flu jab
And it should be given to those high risk and those who want it, rather than everyone getting pressured.

The amount of ads I hear pressuring for 'get your 12-15 year olds vaccinated' is insane.

I have had 4 texts in the past 10 days about getting my second jab. I only got the first one as I was ****ing sectioned at the time and they made me (so much for informed consent) Am not antivax but I kinda feel its unnecessary. Plus my brother who is a fit young man got really really ill off his vaccinations. Probably more ill than he would ever have been with actual covid. If not, then it was on par so he might aswell have just caught it and gained natural immunity instead.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:57 AM #2175

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post

Yes makes sense.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
24th or 22, 7pm, coronavirus, covid, england, outbreak, removed, removes, restrictions, thurs