TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Default ‘Have to Believe In Yourself’ – Jessica Pegula Reveals Her Uphill Journey to top 10

Quote:
28-year-old American tennis star, Jessica Pegula, had a pretty decent singles run at the French Open this year. She reached the quarter-final where she lost to world no.1 Iga Swiatek. However, she is continuing her journey at Roland Garros in the doubles event, partnering with Coco Gauff.

Meanwhile, after her good run at the French Open, she will break into the top 10 in the WTA rankings. During a recent interview, she talked about her journey as a tennis player trying to break into the top 100 to becoming one of the top 10 players in the world.

Jessica Pegula believed in herself to achieve a career-high ranking
During a recent interview, Pegula opened up about the difficulties she faced during her hip surgery and feeling demoralized trying to break into the top 100. “if you would have told me that while was rehabbing my hip five years ago and thinking about what I’m going to do and how hard it’s going to be to come back. I mean, I remember when I was just trying to break into the top 100 and it was kind of like this little mental block for me that I was always so close and never broke top 100,” Pegula said.

“I think I’ve learned that as I’ve got to the top 20 and top 15 and now top 10 is that it’s definitely achievable. I think you just have to believe in yourself and it’s really, really such a big, big part of it,” she further added.

It is worth noting that she almost quit tennis after a series of surgeries on her leg and hip. After the surgeries, she had to undergo extensive rehab, which resulted in a huge drop in ranking. Despite all the adversity, she clawed her way back into the top 100 and gradually became one of the most consistent players on the tour, as her ranking would suggest.

Meanwhile, her dream run in 2022 continues at the French Open, as she reached the semi-final of the French Open in the doubles event with Coco Gauff. In the quarter-final, the all-American pair beat the pair of Anna Bondar and Greet Minnen to reach the semi-final.

It is worth noting that the Gauff-Pegula pair have already won the Qatar Open, as they are eying for their second title in Paris. In the semi-final, this pair will face another American pair, Madison Keys and Taylor Townsend. It will be interesting to see which pair will come out on top. Either way, it will be a successful tournament for the Americans. which they did win and are now in the final against Kiki Mladenovic & Caroline Garcia
https://www.essentiallysports.com/wt...nch-open-2022/

to imagine she could've also not worked a day in her life and lived of her family's money, shows how passionate she is for this sport and how she wants to be known for something what she achieves and not just being known as a billionaire heiress

her dad is Terry Pegula (owner of NFL team Buffalo Bills and NHL team Buffalo Sabres) her mom is Kim Pegula (co-owner alongside her dad of Pegula Sports & Entertainment) her dad is worth like 7 billion, her mom worth like 100 million

she herself also made a name as a businesswoman with her side projects (her restaurant/food truck service she owns with her sister) and her own skincare line (which has other tennis alumni among its customers like belgian Kim Clijsters)

i myself really stan her since her early career days, and i am so ******* proud of her now having gotten so far through lots of hard work and never giving up

even in with a chance of becoming no.1 at doubles with Coco Gauff if they win the final

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, jessica, journey, pegula, reveals, top, uphill, yourself’, ‘have