Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2022, 06:14 PM   #26
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,462


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Yeah it was not very professional and think you are right to highlight it. It always gets me when they insist on counting any money you are withdrawing loudly too - like everyone in the queue knows exactly what you are withdrawing and what will be on your person as you are walking out.

When my mum passed, her and my dad had a fairly substantial amount of cash in the house which I made him put in the bank and the teller then said something similar to my dad - along the lines of "wow, that's a lot of cash, are you selling all your worldy goods lol" - again just a quip but upset my dad as in a way it was all my mum's wordly goods

Yes itís all wrongÖ.the training given is clearly really poor.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:38 PM   #27
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,462


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijaxers View Post
Change banks Rustic , totally out of order, building a rapport !! since when have banks ever done that ~ oh when you pay a lot of money in.
Well itís in the hands of Head office now who totally agreed with meÖletís see what they come back withÖ
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 04:02 AM   #28
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,628

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Yes that was another point...it was in relation to the death of a close relative.
It was very unprofessional.
You must have some strange bank clerks where you live, i've never known or heard of an employee blurting out someone's business for a queue of strangers to hear.

If it was a one to one meeting in their office , then that's a bit different but again still an odd thing to say especially if they know it's a bereavement? or did they not? .
__________________

Last edited by GoldHeart; 06-08-2022 at 04:02 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:10 AM   #29
Cherie
Erma Green
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 55,167
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
You must have some strange bank clerks where you live, i've never known or heard of an employee blurting out someone's business for a queue of strangers to hear.

If it was a one to one meeting in their office , then that's a bit different but again still an odd thing to say especially if they know it's a bereavement? or did they not? .


I donít think it matters you donít blurt out private business in a public place whatever the circumstances
__________________
Rowlingís Razor
Which of these is more likely?
1) A person who is otherwise socially liberal and tolerant has taken a position on sex and gender that is driven by prejudice and hatred.
2) That person has some concerns about how changes in sex and gender law could have consequences for women and girls.
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #30
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,462


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
You must have some strange bank clerks where you live, i've never known or heard of an employee blurting out someone's business for a queue of strangers to hear.

If it was a one to one meeting in their office , then that's a bit different but again still an odd thing to say especially if they know it's a bereavement? or did they not? .
Well of course she didnt know it was money from a Bereavement...that doesnt mean she should telling everyone in the Bank its a sizeable cheque and she should not be asking me impertinent questions as to how I am going to spend it.
When you work in a Bank and have privy to Customers savings etc you are expected to be discreet under the Data protection Act...just like if you work in any place where you have access to private details. You should also be made aware in training that any monies paid in are sometimes obtained from unfortunate cicumstances so discretion and respect is of the utmost importance.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 12:24 PM   #31
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 30,069


Default

Nosey cow.
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:14 PM   #32
Dogeatdog
The other Shaun :)
 
Dogeatdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: London
Posts: 4,023

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas
Love Island 4: Georgia
CBB21: Shane Jenek


Default

If I was in this position I would be a little annoyed tbh. When I was working at Sainsburys we would have to cash out peoples lottery winnings but if it was an amount more than £500 we werenít able to cash them out, the person would have to go to a post office to collect the winnings.

This happened to me once when we were fairly busy, I put the ticket in the machine and it said the winnings exceeded the amount we were able to cash out. I walked over to the lady and told her to come over to the end till where there wasnít many people around and then quietly told her the situation and what she needed to do and I instantly told her to sign the ticket on the back so that she was the only one who can claim the winnings.

For me it just seemed like common sense, I wouldnít want to shout out in front of loads of people that she had potentially a big win because itís not other peoples business to know that and I certainly wouldnít be happy if that was done to me.

To me this situation with you Rusti is similar in my eyes and Iím surprised the bank clerk didnít have the common sense to not say something like that so I would be annoyed about it 100%.
__________________
Spoiler:

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:20 PM   #33
Alf
Let's go Brandon
 
Alf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 30,069


Default

Have you ever thought about donating to the Alf society Rusti?

We save little animals and starving children and we like holidays in St Tropez and Monte Carlo
__________________
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVj6cgI9cEEsF4MM7Qd5vOPcBnpwplL  D-r1LRu_BKGD32G2KO0Pw
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:28 PM   #34
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,462


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Have you ever thought about donating to the Alf society Rusti?

We save little animals and starving children and we like holidays in St Tropez and Monte Carlo

Ö.maybe when I win the Lottery Alf..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:35 PM   #35
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 139,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
If I was in this position I would be a little annoyed tbh. When I was working at Sainsburys we would have to cash out peoples lottery winnings but if it was an amount more than £500 we werenít able to cash them out, the person would have to go to a post office to collect the winnings.

This happened to me once when we were fairly busy, I put the ticket in the machine and it said the winnings exceeded the amount we were able to cash out. I walked over to the lady and told her to come over to the end till where there wasnít many people around and then quietly told her the situation and what she needed to do and I instantly told her to sign the ticket on the back so that she was the only one who can claim the winnings.

For me it just seemed like common sense, I wouldnít want to shout out in front of loads of people that she had potentially a big win because itís not other peoples business to know that and I certainly wouldnít be happy if that was done to me.

To me this situation with you Rusti is similar in my eyes and Iím surprised the bank clerk didnít have the common sense to not say something like that so I would be annoyed about it 100%.


Yes Good you helped that lady
with over £500 win.
Sign the Ticket,
then go to a Big Post Office.

A Great help in that store
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:36 PM   #36
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,462


Default

Thank you all for your commentsÖ sometimes when these things happen to you you do question if you have over reacted. However having worked in Customer Service all of my life I recognise poor behaviour. I guess I was a bit taken aback when the Manager defended her behaviour as being acceptable

Letís only hope those that condone such behaviour get a taste of it in their lives and donít overreact
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:01 PM   #37
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,628

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Well of course she didnt know it was money from a Bereavement...that doesnt mean she should telling everyone in the Bank its a sizeable cheque and she should not be asking me impertinent questions as to how I am going to spend it.
When you work in a Bank and have privy to Customers savings etc you are expected to be discreet under the Data protection Act...just like if you work in any place where you have access to private details. You should also be made aware in training that any monies paid in are sometimes obtained from unfortunate cicumstances so discretion and respect is of the utmost importance.

Like I said I've never heard this happen before, if anything I always thought bank clerks would be more discreet ... when it's huge amounts of money.

But no matter what the circumstance or the amount of money, it's unprofessional. I know I wouldn't be happy with this if it happened to me.
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:30 PM   #38
Redway
Senior Member
 
Redway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,022


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Nah not acceptable given she's in an industry which will handle private and sensitive information, I think that's really unprofessional. Like in your case with the death of a relative, the circumstances of getting the money might be quite difficult and not something to celebrate and think about 'treating yourself' with. And yeah you don't know who's listening
Exactly.
__________________
Redway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
customer, service

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts