Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: Is there a certain style to your social demeanour or are you just indifferent?
People always say I’m shy but I don’t think I’m outwardly-timid 0 0%
People always say I’m shy but I don’t think I’m outwardly-timid
0 0%
Reserved/circumspect/guarded 1 50.00%
Reserved/circumspect/guarded
1 50.00%
Pristine/proper (a certain propriety that distinguishes me from crudely-boisterous extraverts) 0 0%
Pristine/proper (a certain propriety that distinguishes me from crudely-boisterous extraverts)
0 0%
Half-shy, half-something-else 0 0%
Half-shy, half-something-else
0 0%
Definitely shy (through-and-through) 0 0%
Definitely shy (through-and-through)
0 0%
Quiet (not tightly-guarded, not timid; just normally-calm and unassuming) 0 0%
Quiet (not tightly-guarded, not timid; just normally-calm and unassuming)
0 0%
More-actively antisocial (I really don’t like most people or social situations) 0 0%
More-actively antisocial (I really don’t like most people or social situations)
0 0%
I have a different social face for each person 0 0%
I have a different social face for each person
0 0%
I’m actually rather-outgoing around others but I know where I really get my energy from, still 1 50.00%
I’m actually rather-outgoing around others but I know where I really get my energy from, still
1 50.00%
Somewhere-between quiet and shy (diffidently-polite, modest) 0 0%
Somewhere-between quiet and shy (diffidently-polite, modest)
0 0%
Other 0 0%
Other
0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-09-2022, 08:04 AM #1

Default Introverts/ambiverts/reserved extroverts of TiBB […]

Is there a certain-but-definitive style/tone to your outward social demeanour/attitude or do you just know that having to be in vis-à-vis social settings with anyone other-than your closest people is to a certain extent going against what it is you want to do?

There’s so much to say about the overall concept of introversion and extroversion but since most people on this forum won’t be Jungian/M.B.T.I.-nerds it makes sense to just circumscribe this discussion to the more-commonly understood conceptualisation of extro-introversion (which is all-about social traits/preferences).

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-09-2022, 08:20 AM #2

The first option is just there because a lot of people confuse being calm/reserved/otherwise blatantly non-timidly ‘quiet’ (even the strong, silent archetypal bearing) as being shy (which no-doubt is very annoying indeed) and if you’re really just-there but have-had people tell you all your life that you ‘come-across as being quite a shy person’ you may-well half-internalise it to the point where that’s what you identify as even when you know in your heart-of-hearts that there’s really hardly-any nervous timidity involved in your interactions with people at-all.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Old 25-09-2022, 08:37 AM #3

I suppose there could be an option for “awkward” as-well but more-times awkwardness is just an outward response to being somewhat-uncomfortable or having a restrained psycho-motility that’s actually full-of wisdom so I try not to add to this stigmatisation/low-key pathologisation of social introversion present in the West by just writing people off as “socially-awkward.” There’s almost-always more to it (and them) than that and if you get-to actually know the people who seem a-little awkward at-first better you tend-to find that out.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
extroverts, tibb