Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: How morally/occupationally/general life-pristine do you try to be?
Mixed (e.g., I’m not paid enough to care much for my job but I’m unshakeably-devoted elsewhere) 1 33.33%
Mixed (e.g., I’m not paid enough to care much for my job but I’m unshakeably-devoted elsewhere)
1 33.33%
I go through phases of moral/life-perfectionism followed by those-of nonchalance 0 0%
I go through phases of moral/life-perfectionism followed by those-of nonchalance
0 0%
I don’t get out of bed to be anything other-than my very-best self (in all areas) 1 33.33%
I don’t get out of bed to be anything other-than my very-best self (in all areas)
1 33.33%
For now my priority is just getting-by 1 33.33%
For now my priority is just getting-by
1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-09-2022, 10:31 PM #1

Default Is being your best-self a source of continual/daily motivation for you?

The way you personally choose to interpret being your ‘best self’ is-absolutely your business (no-one other than you can decide what that is or what it’d look like in your specific case) but the (double-sided) question I’m trying to get-across is whether you go through your daily life just trying to survive and get-by or whether you make a conscious effort to give it your 100% in everything you do (whether it’s cooking, cleaning/doing laundry, at-work or in a moral sense by trying to make sure there aren’t any streaks of toxicity or narcissism developing in you). Everyone’s life-priorities are different and sometimes you have to act in a way contrary to how you’d-rather because of difficult circumstances (e.g., unfair-dismissal, being hardly-any-savings broke, being in a/n environment/job that mightn’t be conducive to your needs/wants) so there’s no judgement towards either side (certainly-not from me) but I just thought it would be interesting to see how people’s priorities are (conditionally or otherwise) set now-that we’re nearing the last quarter of the first year of anything-like normalcy since the pandemic kicked-off.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bestself, continual or daily, motivation, source