Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 11-09-2022, 03:28 AM #1526
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

I'm currently playing Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice on the good old 3DS.

Personally I really enjoy the Boom Games (controversial I know) but I honestly think that Fire & Ice may actually be the most polished installment of the Boom series.

I hope to see a fourth installment one day as I feel like the series keeps getting better, and the Cartoon series was the most underrated Cartoon of it's generation imo.

Fire & Ice though is a really good old school Platformer in most ways, and the difficulty is harsher than Forces (which I always took personal issue with Forces on that despite liking the Game overall) I mean yeah it's not really like the main Sonic Games, but tbf it's not supposed to be.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2022, 04:27 AM #1527

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yakuza: Like A Dragon - Tbh I have normally really enjoyed Yakuza Games quite a lot over recent times, but for me so far this Game is a bust 5 chapters in.

The things that I really don't like about the Game.

1. The characters don't **** and go on for ten centuries about the most mundane **** imaginable. To the point where I can't get my bond levels up with my party members outside because they chat for 5 hours, that by the time that they're about to shut up the Street Punks are on me, therefore failing to get the bonding to improve without spending money.

2. Getting money in the Game was a joke until Chapter 4.

3. The characters are too beige for a series like Yakuza, none of them are eccentric which to me is a shame as it gave Yakuza it's own character and feel over GTA or any of the other rival Games.

4. The change of genre in what's meant to be a mainline installment is a disgrace imo, Yakuza is meant to be a fast paced action brawler, not some poor attempt at a Turn Based RPG that isn't even implemented very well even if it weren't apart of the Yakuza franchise.

5. The Game does seem to be blatantly political as well, don't get me wrong I know that other Yakuza Games had their Politics, but it was more subtle than this Game with it's Bleach Japan & Nanba as a character in general.

6. The Substories whilst the best element of this dreadful Game, again compared to other Yakuza Games they're a lot more serious & beige (with the exception of Baby Don't Cry) and the guy pissing in a river.

Basically typical modern entertainment going around beiging a series up because they're scared of the original style offending people, instead (speaking for myself) I get offended at how boring a lot of the so called entertainment is at the moment.

There is honestly nothing wrong with entertainment actually being entertaining production companies.

KRO!
Old 24-09-2022, 04:27 AM #1528

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yakuza: Like A Dragon - Tbh I have normally really enjoyed Yakuza Games quite a lot over recent times, but for me so far this Game is a bust 5 chapters in.

1. The characters don't **** and go on for ten centuries about the most mundane **** imaginable. To the point where I can't get my bond levels up with my party members outside because they chat for 5 hours, that by the time that they're about to shut up the Street Punks are on me, therefore failing to get the bonding to improve without spending money.

3. The characters are too beige for a series like Yakuza, none of them are eccentric which to me is a shame as it gave Yakuza it's own character and feel over GTA or any of the other rival Games.

4. The change of genre in what's meant to be a mainline installment is a disgrace imo, Yakuza is meant to be a fast paced action brawler, not some poor attempt at a Turn Based RPG that isn't even implemented very well even if it weren't apart of the Yakuza franchise.

5. The Game does seem to be blatantly political as well, don't get me wrong I know that other Yakuza Games had their Politics, but it was more subtle than this Game with it's Bleach Japan & Nanba as a character in general.

6. The Substories whilst the best element of this dreadful Game, again compared to other Yakuza Games they're a lot more serious & beige (with the exception of Baby Don't Cry) and the guy pissing in a river.

Basically typical modern entertainment going around beiging a series up because they're scared of the original style offending people, instead (speaking for myself) I get offended at how boring a lot of the so called entertainment is at the moment.

There is honestly nothing wrong with entertainment actually being entertaining production companies.

KRO!
Old 26-09-2022, 03:00 AM #1529

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post

Okay I'm gonna be starting the 8th chapter today.

For anyone that has played it all the way through, does this Game ever get any good?

Seriously I thought Resident Evil: Village was a bumpy ride, but this Game is just getting worse and worse.

And for me it's a shame as I normally love the Yakuza Games, and even was supportive of Sega swapping leads for this Game, but I honestly can't approve of the gameplay and overall tone of the Game also being very different.

Saeko & Nanba in particular are really abhorrent characters imo.

Plus for Yakuza 8, Sega needs to not make every scene feel like they're 5 hours long, this cast could talk about eating Sushi, and it will go on for at least 10 minutes.

KRO!
Old 26-09-2022, 03:57 PM #1530

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Okay I'm gonna be starting the 8th chapter today.

For anyone that has played it all the way through, does this Game ever get any good?

Seriously I thought Resident Evil: Village was a bumpy ride, but this Game is just getting worse and worse.

And for me it's a shame as I normally love the Yakuza Games, and even was supportive of Sega swapping leads for this Game, but I honestly can't approve of the gameplay and overall tone of the Game also being very different.

Saeko & Nanba in particular are really abhorrent characters imo.

Plus for Yakuza 8, Sega needs to not make every scene feel like they're 5 hours long, this cast could talk about eating Sushi, and it will go on for at least 10 minutes.
I've only played a bit of Like A Dragon and I didn't enjoy the change in gameplay much either. I don't know if you've played Judgment or not but it's a spin off of the Yakuza series and plays like the classic games.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2022, 04:30 PM #1531

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
I've only played a bit of Like A Dragon and I didn't enjoy the change in gameplay much either. I don't know if you've played Judgment or not but it's a spin off of the Yakuza series and plays like the classic games.
I have bought Judgment and nearly considered playing it first because I like the look of it, the only reason that I didn't was because I wanted to catch the latest mainline installment.

Thanks for the information about Judgment btw, I'll definitely play the Game sooner rather than later.

And I'm glad that I'm not my own with this Game either as a lot of other Yakuza fans that I've seen on the Internet seem to go soft on Like A Dragon because they like Ichiban as a character, and they even admit that the gameplay sucks.

Thanks for the reply btw.

KRO!
Old 30-09-2022, 03:22 AM #1532

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Ironically Jordan I'd say the Game finally opens up more around chapter 8 or 9, the story and gameplay both improve to some extent around that point.

However I'd still say it's the worst Yakuza Game by a mile because the battle system is dreadful (even most of the fans agree) and the cast just don't mix very well together imo.

Going into Yakuza 8 these are the things that I'd do if I was Sega.

Things I'd keep from Yakuza: Like A Dragon:
1. Dragon Kart
2. Business Management
3. Cinema minigame
4. Joon-Gi Han & Zhao
5. The sexy Korean woman (I don't know her name)

Things that need to go:
1. Nanba
2. Saeko
Neither bring anything to the table
3. Adachi - Again after chapter 2 his development just stops
4. Turn Based Battle System
5. Less of the serious substories and more on the bonkers ones again
6. Less of the cheesy dialogue, Yakuza normally is goofy, but some of the scenes between Ichiban, Adachi, Nanba & Saeko are really off for the series usual tone
7. Less focus on odd jobs in the main story, and making it more gangster centric much earlier in the Game
8. Similar to 7, better pacing in pretty much every department needs to be fixed for Yakuza 8

KRO!
Old 30-09-2022, 08:30 AM #1533
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

F1 2021, Portugal qualifyings

back to another pole position for me as Fisichella's ''comeback tour'' and Benetton's comeback

my teammate though again 21/22, am considering of swapping him for someone better whenever i get the chance

that Q3 was messy, i had a perfect lap until final section, i get pushed into a spin by ricciardo, i lost lot of time so i had to go for another lap, with not much fuel left

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:14 PM #1534
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

WHEW

2nd race win of my debut season

1. Fisichella
2. Verstappen
3. Bottas

+ i got the extra point for fastest lap

Old 16-11-2022, 12:53 PM #1535
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i had my very first DNF of the season, and you know what i don't care, i hate monaco track, its soooooo small, so much corners, i had technical problems with the new component upgrades of my car

Azerbaijan GP up next, i've dropped to 5th place in driver standings, 5th in constructors, so this is a race where i have to win some points again

as for my teammate Giuliano Alesi, he's improving a bit, i am sending him more to the simulator now to improve his racing skills

Old 16-11-2022, 09:04 PM #1536

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I tried playing the Shadow Of The Colossus PS4 version today.

It's okay, I liked the Colossi fights to an extent, but the Game doesn't really have much else going for it imo.

It's basically a vast world of nothingness until you find the next Colossi to fight.

I personally would've liked some side content to give the Game a bit more depth.

KRO!
Old 01-12-2022, 04:01 AM #1537

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Nickelodeon Kart Racers - The tracks are fun to play, the roster is good overall (if not a bit small in number) but the biggest problem that the Game has is the lifespan of the Game is dire imo.

It actually reminds me of Motorstorm back on the PS3 with how short the Game is.

It definitely has potential to have strong sequels though if they can improve on the lifespan of the Game.

KRO!
Old 02-12-2022, 02:27 AM #1538

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Layers Of Fear 2 - It won't be a Game for everyone, but I personally really enjoy the Game.

It has a good Horror atmosphere, and some good psychological elements.

Obviously it can be a bit of a Walking Simulator though, so if you're not into that element then avoid the Game.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 02-12-2022 at 02:28 AM.
Old 15-12-2022, 01:56 AM #1539

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - Okay the Game is quite old now (it was out back in 2009) and it's an On-Rails Shooter spin-off.

So on paper my expectations weren't too high, but I've got to say that every section of the Game is highly entertaining imo, lots of good Action, really strong boss fights which is probably it's biggest selling point, nostalgia with some of the Games that are being covered, and the B-Movie nature of Resident Evil is definitely in this Game if you've missed it in Resi 7 & Village (like myself) and you're able to play as Claire in this Game.

But it's a really fun Game that's on PlayStation Plus for anyone that's interested in the Game.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 15-12-2022 at 01:57 AM.
Old 15-12-2022, 11:05 AM #1540

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

I generally play the mobile phone app games , haven't for a while though.
Old 15-12-2022, 11:38 AM #1541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas Lights View Post
I generally play the mobile phone app games , haven't for a while though.

Same … just these two though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2022, 04:30 AM #1542

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Red Dead Redemption 2. Story mode. 2nd playthrough, im really enjoying it. Still only in Chapter 1. The slow pace is a nice change actually. And im going for gold in all the missions. I might try platinum it, think i got to about 70% before.
Old 20-12-2022, 01:11 PM #1543
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Fallout 4 (PS4)

my current companion =
Spoiler:

Piper

i'm currently into
Spoiler:

Brotherhood of Steel after helping out Danse retrieving the transmitter thingy for his radio at the cambridge police station

currently with my power armor, and minigun trying to kill the deathclaw over at concord, its health is quite low now, i have a minigun + the laser rifle danse gave me

i already did some mini quests in diamond city, such as helping out those two russian brothers from that one motel and their radio dj friend

am not venturing into combat zone at the moment, as i first want enough ammo to take on the raiders there
Old 21-12-2022, 03:51 AM #1544

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Chris Mouse View Post
Red Dead Redemption 2. Story mode. 2nd playthrough, im really enjoying it. Still only in Chapter 1. The slow pace is a nice change actually. And im going for gold in all the missions. I might try platinum it, think i got to about 70% before.
I always find that a slow start is less bothersome in Video Games once you already know that you like the Game.

RDR2 is a fantastic Game though, and good luck with getting gold on the missions.

KRO!
Old 21-12-2022, 03:55 AM #1545

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

And I've been playing Soulcalibur VI today.

Honestly I already feel like it's the best Game that I've played in ages.

There's so much content that I can barely keep up with it all.

And the fights are fun imo.

Plus I am really loving the character creation side of things, in particular I've tried to create a character from every race just to add some variety.

My female characters range from beauty to the beast, and my male characters all look like Marvel characters.

KRO!
Old 21-12-2022, 01:19 PM #1546
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i killed a deathclaw!!!! wow

i think i do need to get into combat zone soon for the sake of the main storyline but tbh that seems soooo difficult, with so many raiders there, although now i have a solid laser rifle and Piper has a good shot too

but tbh
Spoiler:

as for the Institute, they seem vile, they kidnap kids, and they simply do not care about the others living above ground i am liking brotherhood so far, although i am not letting my guard down with them either, not sure yet if i can fully trust them, the minutemen seem pretty trustworthy i guess

Old 25-12-2022, 01:38 PM #1547
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

began with life is strange 2, looks interesting

also am curious if episode 5 is correctly downloaded and installed (i used the code to buy it, but for now it still shows up asking if i want to buy it, but maybe its just like this that i have to play eps 1 to 4 first, i mean i installed it, right so maybe eps 1-4 first like it should anyway but its weird, hope its not some random buggy thing otherwise it would be a shame) i really like the beginning already

Old 26-12-2022, 09:37 AM #1548
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

yup ep5 is available for me now

still at ep1 btw

soooo i had the
Spoiler:

sacrifice arcadia bay ending, horrible seeing this town totally wiped out, but that ending felt the best to do for me personally, for the friendship of Max & Chloe which is unbreakable and tbf hurricanes happen quite often

Spoiler:

i didn't steal camping supplies from the gas station, i mean i couldn't do that, not to the gas station lady Doris, i mean her husband is a real nasty racist piece of ****, but never resort to stealing

i just adore these games how realistic they are, it feels like ur playing and watching a series on netflix for example, very realistic characters

Old 20-01-2023, 12:05 AM #1549

Favourites:

Favourites:

Well, I've not started playing yet, but i was going through my old PS2 games in my spare room (looking for stuff to sell on ebay, having a clear out and all that) and i found a copy of Manhunt 2, along with a load of other games. I couldn't believe Manhunt 2 usually goes for £60+ on ebay. Then i read about it, had no idea of the controversy at the time. I don't even remember playing it, i remember the first one and played that through once. So anyway, yeah im gonna be playing Manhunt 2 over the weekend, then gonna list it on ebay.

Anyone else played it? Remember the controversy surrounding it?

Last edited by Swan; 20-01-2023 at 12:05 AM.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2023, 12:11 AM #1550

Slight tangent but I started watching Band of Brothers a few days ago and I was shocked how familiar the landscape and towns were … then I realised if played most of the areas to death on Call of Duty 2 many years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
game or s, playing