Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Announcements / Suggestions / Help Announcements from Admin, member suggestions and forum help

Old 10-04-2008, 02:54 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Default Suggestion- A board for The Apprentice & Changes to Other Reality TV

There is a board for X Factor and I'm a Celebrity and a board for Other Reality TV. But the 'other' board only works when there are one or two threads related to a particular show but there are loads of newspaper articles coming out about The Apprentice and looking through the board they are posted in they practically fill up the front page and it must be frustrating for those who want to go in and talk about other shows like Shipwrecked and I'd Do Anything.

It might also be worth making a Britain's Got Talent board and moving all of the boards inside the 'other' board then making a new board so its something like:

Other Reality TV - (Main forum)

Sub-boards

Britain's Got Talent
I'm a Celebrity
The Apprentice
The X Factor
Other Reality TV

It would make it a little more organised and the main Other Reality TV forum wouldn't be inundated with threads on The Apprentice & Britain's Got Talent which I predict will happen. It puts the emphasis back onto Big Brother as well without having other boards on the main forum index.

It sounds like I'm telling you how to run the forum here, I didn't mean for it to come across like that!!

Do other FM's like these ideas or is it fine how it is?
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:55 PM #2
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Good idea.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:58 PM #3
retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

I agree<3
I think it should include American Idol too, because it's quite hard to cover it all in one thread.
Maybe one for Andrew Lloyd Webber's shows, HDYSAPLM/ADWD&IDA.
xDramatick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 PM #4

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Well the I'm A Celebrity and The X Factor boards were originally subforums in Other Reality TV. The admins moved them out when the latest series of both shows started - they just never moved them back when they finished.

I do agree with you though - it's a good idea to have boards for other big reality shows.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:02 PM #5
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

It's a good idea, especially for The Apprentice as loads of people on here watch it/post about it.
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:08 PM #6

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

It is a good idea for The Apprentice because a lot of people post about it.
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM #7

I dont see the point in sub-fourms for The Appretince, as it airs only once a week and doesn't have as big of a following as XF or IAC.

I know XF only airs once a week aswell, but it has a such a major following on this fourm that a sub-fourm makes sence.

Same with Britain's Got Talent, it has a small following on this fourm, compared to other. It is too early yet for it get it's on sub-fourm, I'd think. Same goes for American Idol and Webber-shows.

I cant think of any other reality shows which I personally think should get a sub-fourm. I think shows like The Apprentice/shipwrekced work well as one topic. BGT could work like XF with weekly discussion topics for the auditions and daily for Live Shows.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:53 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo
I dont see the point in sub-fourms for The Appretince, as it airs only once a week and doesn't have as big of a following as XF or IAC.

I know XF only airs once a week aswell, but it has a such a major following on this fourm that a sub-fourm makes sence.

Same with Britain's Got Talent, it has a small following on this fourm, compared to other. It is too early yet for it get it's on sub-fourm, I'd think. Same goes for American Idol and Webber-shows.

I cant think of any other reality shows which I personally think should get a sub-fourm. I think shows like The Apprentice/shipwrekced work well as one topic. BGT could work like XF with weekly discussion topics for the auditions and daily for Live Shows.
I disagree. The Apprentice has a following which is growing each week. Last night the figures were 6.8m peaking at 7.3m- and thats show three. There are quite a few people on here who also like to talk about it and with the publicity surrounding it its hard to contain it within one thread. This month, 19 threads have been posted in- 11 of those are for The Apprentice. I think thats worthy of its own board. I'm not sure about BGT but the way Syco TV works is that they have maximum publicity surrounding their shows so I predict that once the series is underway the Other Reality TV board will be dominated by threads for The Apprentice and Britain's Got Talent.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_
Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo

I disagree. The Apprentice has a following which is growing each week. Last night the figures were 6.8m peaking at 7.3m- and thats show three. There are quite a few people on here who also like to talk about it and with the publicity surrounding it its hard to contain it within one thread. This month, 19 threads have been posted in- 11 of those are for The Apprentice. I think thats worthy of its own board. I'm not sure about BGT but the way Syco TV works is that they have maximum publicity surrounding their shows so I predict that once the series is underway the Other Reality TV board will be dominated by threads for The Apprentice and Britain's Got Talent.
'This Morning' gets millions of viewers but we dont give that it's own sub-fourm.

The Apprentice topic currently has only 70 posts, and many from the same members. The other Apprentice posts in 'Other Reality' are articles - and in total all of the articles have a total of 10 replies. The only other two topic are the 'prediscussion' topic and the 'New 'Apprentice' Lineup Revealed' which dont have a lot of replies either.

From what I can see, The Appretince has a small fan base on this fourm and I dont see why it should get its own sub-fourm - even if it was gettin 10m a week.

BGT doesnt have a big fan base on here aswell, and last year it didnt get much attention on the fourm.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:06 PM #10

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones

Favourites:

Apprentice for its own sub forum ! Its a great idea.
Sam! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:07 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I wasn't here for BGT last time so I'm not sure. No idea why you have brought This Morning into it. Thats completely unrelated and irrelevant. A lot of people also seem to agree with having a subforum for it ...
Old 10-04-2008, 04:11 PM #12

Quote:
I wasn't here for BGT last time so I'm not sure. No idea why you have brought This Morning into it. Thats completely unrelated and irrelevant. A lot of people also seem to agree with having a subforum for it ...
With 'This Morning' im trying to make the point thats its irrelevant how many viewers it get,s its about the fans on the forum.

I'm just saying that I think a sub-forum for The Apprentice would be pointless as it is a weekly show with not enough fans on this forum so isn't worthy of a sub-forum, yet.

The X Factor and IAC both have huge fan bases on this forum and are posted in regularly.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:14 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Its still irrelevant. This Morning isn't being actively discussed.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 PM #14

Favourites:

Favourites:

Have a vote or sumins.
Sam! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:19 PM #15

Quote:
Its still irrelevant. This Morning isn't being actively discussed.
I'm just using it as an example, jeez lol

You want another example - Doctor Who. It gets millions of viewers every week, it has a major following - but why would we give that its own sub-fourm? It's pointless. Just like I think giving The Apprentice is own sub-fourm is pointless.

I think it works well enough in one single topic, and I mean its not stopping members from discussing. If members want to create polls, they can always post them in the 'Other Reality' fourm.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:21 PM #16

Quote:
Originally posted by Scampi
Have a vote or sumins.
I dont think a poll would work as Apprentice fans will vote 'yes' while people who dont watch wont bother even enterting the topic.

Just leave it up to the Mods, I reckon.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
apprentice, board, reality, suggestion, tv