Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Reality TV Reality TV Show Discussion. Including Survivor, America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race and The Only Way is Essex.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:19 PM #1

Default The Apprentice - Jenny\'s real boss leaps to her defence over bully tag

Quote:
Jenny's real boss leaps to her defence over bully tag
MILLIONS of viewers this week saw her as a super-bitch, bullying her fellow contestants on TV show The Apprentice.

But the local businessman who is the boss of reality show star Jenny Celerier says she is not the hectoring hellcat portrayed on screen, and he says she should not be fired by Alan Sugar.

Senior sales manager Ms Celerier was castigated in the latest show for her treatment of fellow candidates Lucinda Ledgerwood and Shazia Wahab, but her Mark Group boss Bill Rumble has said the show has not shown her in her best light.

Mr Rumble is writing a weekly web blog on the Mark Group website and is dismayed at the way his colleague has so far been shown in the hit BBC1 show.

Mr Rumble, commercial director at Mark Group, said: 'It's not a view I share. I think Jenny has been depicted as someone a million miles away from the Jenny that I know.'

While based at the energy efficiency company's head- quarters in Leicester, Ms Celerier, 36, works closely with the sales team at the branch office at Matrix Park, Segensworth, coming down at least twice a month for sales updates and developing new business.

Mr Rumble admits that his colleague may have gone over the top in her approach to Lucinda Ledgerwood – who was reduced to tears by a persistent barrage of barracking and criticism – but insists she was nonetheless making a good point about Ms Ledgerwood's reluctance to fully work with the team.

'I hope the backlash against her does not last too long as I genuinely feel that we have yet to see her in her best light,' he said.

'Strong minded and with desire to succeed, yes she's guilty of that, but a bitch and a bully, no way.

'Hopefully the next episode will begin to redress that.'
Source:Portsmouth News
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:11 PM #2
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Woooo! From my local paper!
Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:46 PM #3
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

I think Jenny's character has alread been cast. I've not mentioned how unimpressed I was with Lucinda for crying. There's no way a wuss like her will get much further.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:38 AM #4

Here is another related story about Jenny

Quote:
DOUBLE SCRUTINY FOR APPRENTICE HOPEFUL JENNY
An Apprentice candidate faces double scrutiny as her Witham boss also puts her performance under the microscope.

Jenny Celerier, 36, is currently being put through her paces by ruthless businessman Sir Alan Sugar, in the fourth series of the BBC One reality show The Apprentice.

But the stakes are heightened for the high flying sales manager as her real boss at the energy-saving Mark Group in Moss Road, will assess her skills on the company's website.

Visitors to the site will be given a valuable insight into how well Jenny is performing from someone who knows her well.

Last week's episode saw Jenny leading the girls to build a laundry business from scratch causing tensions to spin out of control and her being branded a bully and overbearing.

She reduced fellow candidate Lucinda Ledgerwood to tears after accusing her of failing to pull her weight in the team.

Mark Group director Bill Rumble said: "Jenny has been accused of being a bully - an unfair accusation based on my experience of working with her.

"I think Sir Alan came closer to the truth when he speculated that the problem lay in a 'clash of personalities with one just refusing to give in to the other'."

Commenting on his assessment he added: "I can't imagine there will be many other candidates who will fall under the scrutiny of two bosses during the show!"

He also admitted he did not want Jenny to win saying: "She's too good for Sir Alan and I'd like to see her back in the Mark Group to take her team to even greater things."

Jenny's eco-friendly philosophy in both her business and personal life includes cycling to work and employing energy efficiency measures in her own home.

This could help to make her a green champion in viewers' eyes.
Source:This is Essex
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
apprentice, boss, bully, defence, jenny, leaps, real, tag