Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Old 14-06-2005, 11:38 AM #1

Default Sympathetic Makosi is a caring nurse

Quote:
MAKOSI is caring, sensitive and sympathetic according to one of her former patients, and not the bolshy and feisty woman with big curly hair we see on our television screens every night.

Jack Eastaugh, of Chesham, has never seen an episode of Big Brother in his life but he instantly recognised the Zimbabwean nurse splashed all over the Bucks Free Press newspaper.

He says: "I recognised her straightaway because I got to know her quite well during my stay at Wycombe Hospital's cardiac ward 2A last August and September.

"Makosi was one of my nurses. I couldn't remember most of the nurses' names but I always remembered Makosi."

The 75-year-old, who has never married, has nothing but praise for 24-year-old Makosi, because he says she is one of many few nurses who really cared about him during his two-week stay in hospital.

He recalls: "She was very gentle, very sympathetic and she had a genuine concern about the welfare of her patients. A lot of the nurses were quite old and were just working as a means of earning, but Makosi was a true nurse."

Makosi has survived her first week in the house but unbeknown to her, Big Brother has chosen her as the most unluckiest housemate ever. This means she will be set certain mini-tasks and will be subject to a series of cruel jokes by Big Brother during her time in the house .

Jack is not following Makosi's antics in the House because he does not watch much television, but he is rooting for her to do well. He added: "I spoke to her virtually every day while I was in hospital. I was able to walk around so I would go up to her and talk to her all the time.

"I haven't really seen her on television but I hope Makosi does well."

But one person who has been following Makosi quite closely is her sister Veronica Musambasi who lives in Amersham Hill, High Wycombe.

She says Makosi is being her true self in the house and is not putting it on for the cameras.

"She's not acting. The whole being loud thing? Oh she's really loud."

Veronica said she was shocked when her big sister told her she was going to apply to appear on Big Brother 6 and was really against it but Makosi went ahead and applied anyway.

She adds: "Because she was so hysterical and happy about it. I had no choice but to be happy for her, but I was thinking, Oh my days! A reality show? Come on!' But I think she's done well for herself. She's always wanted to be on the front page."

Veronica also reveals why Makosi likes cherryade so much and why she prefers it to alcohol.

She says: "It tastes just like a drink she used to like back home in Zimbabwe. Most of the fizzy drinks here have too much sugar, so for her other drinks don't taste the same, but that one tastes just the same as at home."
Article Bucks Free Press
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
caring, makosi, nurse, sympathetic