Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 16-06-2002, 08:16 PM #1

Default What can Tim bring to the house??

What can he do?? as Spencer said late last night he doesn't want to get to know someone.Its a bit far into the sgow to be bringing in new folk.

Lets just hope that he isn't taken in by Adele - but seeing that alarming hairdo I think he will!!
Gardencroft is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2002, 08:24 PM #2

It is very late to bring someone new in, and I don't think Tim will last, simply because the divide means that half the housemates won't get to know him properly!

Another reason to get rid of the stupid bars
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2002, 10:56 PM #3

What will Tim bring to the house? Arrogance and pomposity are two attributes he seems to be well versed in, if first showings are anything to go by.
susieq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2002, 07:52 PM #4
Oldgit

Oldgit

He went to a public school and he fancies Margaret Thatcher. I hate him already, the pompous Tory Boy.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2002, 09:51 PM #5
Administrator

Administrator

Oldgit ............ I'm shocked that you have taken a dislike to Tim.

Why? Because apparently he's an ARSENAL supporter!

According to Ananova:
Quote:
He also supports Arsenal and likes Britney Spears and Ricky Martin.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2002, 10:03 PM #6

Yes Oldgit, I immediately thought of you when the Arsenal connection was discussed on BBLB! Boyd Hilton from 'heat' said the tory loving public schoolboy bit didn't match up with the Arsenal affinity.

I have to say that I haven't taken to him very much. He made little effort to thank them for the song. I mean - I know it wasn't likely to win an Ivor Novello award, but most of us would have waxed lyrical about the effort, or just fallen about laughing or something. He just half smiled and nodded briefly.

Oooh, and the 'I'm a head hunter for MRI' or something. Yeeeugh. At 23, just finished uni?

It is unfair on him, coming in now, and I think he'll be very vulnerable to early nomination.

The best thing he has brought into the house is the effect he had on Jonny and the Poor Boys! Lovely watching the suspicious stares, and best of all, Spencer pretending to be 'cool' and walking off like a typical spoilt boy when attention moved from him.

The addition of Sophie and Tim as the near misses makes me wonder more and more what bl***y criteria they used to select them all.

I shudder to think!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2002, 10:48 PM #7

Default yuk

Sorry to jump to hasty judgements ut when I saw him on the Tv tonight, one name came to mind....... Cliff Richard and I really HATE HIM!!!!
blinkinlovely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2002, 10:52 PM #8

Arrrrr, poor old Cliff.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 07:41 PM #9
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz
Oldgit ............ I'm shocked that you have taken a dislike to Tim.
After 43 years as an Arsenal supporter, Tory Boy almost made me question my judgement. But no, every team has a few unfortunate supporters and Arsenal are no exception.

Tory Boy=Alex Mark 2 hate him already...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 08:14 PM #10

People hear the words 'public school' and 'Tory' and hear a posh accent and they immediately dislike someone.

I'd call that prejudice.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 08:20 PM #11

Well said James.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 08:28 PM #12

I don't dislike Tim because he's a public school boy, has a posh voice or because he likes the nice things in life!

I dislike him because he's arrogant, obnoxious and appears to be a very spoilt self-centred person.
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 08:36 PM #13

we tend to forget that he has seen them on the show for at least 2 weeks and has had preconceptions of what each person is like. .....i havent seen any evidence of him being arrogant or obnoxious.....so hes had a good start in life has money and long holidays....big flash car................Hands up who wouldnt like some of that then

Keep it fun

Andy
cymru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 08:43 PM #14

I agree 100% cymru, I don't think he's obnoxious either. At the moment he is coming over as slight prat but i for one an willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he seems OK.

I was thinking earlier about how he had watched the all in the house for the first couple of weeks, it does give him quite an advantage as he knows how everyone is percieved.

Even though I think he's OK, I do think that this gives him a very unfair advantage over the others.

LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 08:52 PM #15

i think prat comes free with the public schooling lol.......but i recon Kate fancies him and he fancies her too....they would make a perfect pair

Andy
cymru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 11:10 PM #16

Quote:
People hear the words 'public school' and 'Tory' and hear a posh accent and they immediately dislike someone.
That's got absolutely nothing to do with it. My reasons for disliking him are:

1. He was very underwhelmed by the song they did for him. OK, we know it's not Lennon/McCartney but they HAD worked hard on it and did their best. A 'thanks very much that was great' would have been nice. even if he didn't mean it.

2. He sooooo obviously dyes his hair (which is apparently a reddy sandy colour) and it looks ridiculous and makes him appear very vain. Hope he remembered to bring his hair dye in with him else his roots will soon be showing.

3. Said he's glad he's not ugly and poor. Far be it fom me to comment on his wealth but mate, you are certainly no Brad Pitt/Mel Gibson/Tom Cruise (delete as appropriate!) and anyway, self praise is no recommendation.

4. His ideal woman is Maggie Thatcher - sorry folks, that is a definite no-no for me.

5. He seems to have a superior/condescending air about him, especially when talking to any from the 'poor' side.

6. He's gained an enormous advantage from seeing a few weeks of the programme. I think he's gone in there with pre-formed ideas about most of them and is tailoring his comments and remarks accordingly.

I don't like him but, like I've previously said, I'm trying not to be too judgemental at this early stage, but the signs aren't looking too good at the moment.

It has absolutely nothing to do with his background, private education or his (supposed) wealth.
susieq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2002, 11:07 PM #17

He considers himself to be intelligent!

That's why he spent several minutes tapping and arranging his hair to the correct hight for his vanity and then puts on a cap and flattens it.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2002, 12:28 AM #18

I agree with Cymru too. Tim said a few things in his audition tape that came across as being a bit pompus and arrogant making him look like a prat, but having watched him over the last few days...although not avildly, I would say he has not come across as bad as I thought he would be at all and is getting along with everyone very well...guys and girls alike. He is well aware that Spencer is poplular..he knows how the public feel about each housemate yet he seems to treat each person in the same friendly manner and with equal respect. Granted he hasn't been tested ie had to suffer being on the poorside for a week or go through a task or the nomination process which all bring out the more raw emotions in a person...but so far his public shcool background hasn't made him behave differently towards anyone else in the house at all. I don't know if he will last long in the house, but so far he has given no-one any reason to nominate him. I have a feeling he will nominate Spencer (if he is still there...if not then Jonny) and Jade next week I wonder if I will be right?
I went to a private all girls boarding school... and would be saddened if someone didn't like me just because of that fact. I certainly don't think I am better or more intelligent because of it...far from it...so I understand Tim when he talks of what it was like to go to his all boys shcool...it does make you more use to living with lots of people and you have no choice but to do your best to get on and learn how to live with them. I think this is why he is finding it a little easier than most people to manage. I still think after a few weeks he may well find things are a little less like a comfy holiday though.

Honey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2002, 07:30 PM #19

I dont dislike Tim, I just wish he would have a biiger impact on me. I thin he is quite dull and I know it is too early to judge but usually I can find out if a person is fun and interesting on first seeing them and Tim didnt really strike me as fun and interesting when I first set eyes on him.
Maybe time will tell but I wish he would lighten up a bit.
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bring, house, tim