Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 27-07-2008, 09:42 AM #626

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt10k
Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
Quote:
They should make the McCann's do a lie detector test.
Against human rights. lie detector results are not reliable anyway in spite of what TV shows may claim......

Even if they were 97% accurate that they lied there is still a chance that they would be telling the truth. Only a 100% accurate detector would be of any use and that does not exist....
They aren't against human rights. I polygraph test would be perfectly acceptable. With a properly trained polygrapher, they ARE 97% accurate and if we apply this to both parents- if the results showed desception, we are talking an incredibly low chance that those results are false.

I'm not saying it should be used as the only evidence to convict them- but could certainly be used as part of the evidence against them. Remember- guilt is decided by courts of humans, based on things that may or may not be fact, as provided by witnesses who may also not be accurate- 97% is better than a lot of people get in court...
The people who provide a polygraph service are bound to claim a high rate otherwise no one would buy the service...

To force someone to have a polygraph would be a blatent intrusion on human rights as polygraph results are not evidence of proof as long as there is the remotest chance of it being wrong..

You cannot even force people to answer questions let alone take gimmicky lie detectot tests...
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 12:00 PM #627

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Against human rights. lie detector results are not reliable anyway in spite of what TV shows may claim......

Even if they were 97% accurate that they lied there is still a chance that they would be telling the truth. Only a 100% accurate detector would be of any use and that does not exist....
They aren't against human rights. I polygraph test would be perfectly acceptable. With a properly trained polygrapher, they ARE 97% accurate and if we apply this to both parents- if the results showed desception, we are talking an incredibly low chance that those results are false.

I'm not saying it should be used as the only evidence to convict them- but could certainly be used as part of the evidence against them. Remember- guilt is decided by courts of humans, based on things that may or may not be fact, as provided by witnesses who may also not be accurate- 97% is better than a lot of people get in court...
The people who provide a polygraph service are bound to claim a high rate otherwise no one would buy the service...

To force someone to have a polygraph would be a blatent intrusion on human rights as polygraph results are not evidence of proof as long as there is the remotest chance of it being wrong..

You cannot even force people to answer questions let alone take gimmicky lie detectot tests...
The ones conducted by professionals are not gimmicky and they don't make up the accuracy percentage.

Also, as I said, I think it'd be perfectly acceptable. Look at how the court system works. Is that always 100% accurate? Are witnesses always 100% accurate? No. And it wouldn’t be the only evidence used, but part of the evidence used for/ against them.

When Louise Woodward was convicted of murdering that baby, she did a lie detector test, which confirmed she was telling the truth and, along with other evidence (or lack of), the charges were dropped and she was released. So it wasn’t the only evidence used for her case but it certainly strengthened it.

Now if the McCann’s had nothing to hide, you'd think they'd want to do one, especially considering there are two of them, so they could do two separate tests and the results would be even more accurate. I bet you anything, if they’d have been charged, like louse was of murder, they’d do one to try and clear their name.
Matt10k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 12:34 PM #628

The police have some weird thing with human rights, if you dont want to answer a question in a police interview you don't have too, but surely they can twist the rules a little bit to allow extreme cases like this. They dont have to use it as a hard answer, such as if they killed her or not. But it could be used to push the detectives in the right direction, if its wrong then so what. Its just faulty evidence like you get all the time, but if its right... then some major actions can be taken.
Small questions like... "Have you seen madeline after she disappeared?" or "Did you check on madeline?"
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 08:31 PM #629

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The ones conducted by professionals are not gimmicky and they don't make up the accuracy percentage.

Also, as I said, I think it'd be perfectly acceptable. Look at how the court system works. Is that always 100% accurate? Are witnesses always 100% accurate? No. And it wouldn’t be the only evidence used, but part of the evidence used for/ against them.

When Louise Woodward was convicted of murdering that baby, she did a lie detector test, which confirmed she was telling the truth and, along with other evidence (or lack of), the charges were dropped and she was released. So it wasn’t the only evidence used for her case but it certainly strengthened it.

Now if the McCann’s had nothing to hide, you'd think they'd want to do one, especially considering there are two of them, so they could do two separate tests and the results would be even more accurate. I bet you anything, if they’d have been charged, like louse was of murder, they’d do one to try and clear their name.
In the Louise Woodward case the lie detector results were never allowed in court as evidence.....So made not a jot of difference to the outcome.

As for the rest I will just have to agree to disagree .....
Old 27-07-2008, 10:54 PM #630

Just suprised that with some people suspecting them, they wouldn't choose to go down that route.
Matt10k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 09:14 PM #631

Favourites (more):
BB16: Sarah
BB15: Helen

Favourites (more):

cctv fotage in belguim not maddie!! but kate and gerry will keep serching!

god bless maddie!
serensilver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 12:03 PM #632

What I don't get is, if I saw a girl i was 100% sure was her. I would do something about it. Call the police and follow them. What would you do?
Nurse57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 06:55 PM #633

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

i agree if i saw her i wouldn't let her out of my sight i'd scream her name etc just to get more people around me and her more chance of getting her back!
Old 14-08-2008, 07:10 PM #634

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurse57
What I don't get is, if I saw a girl i was 100% sure was her. I would do something about it. Call the police and follow them. What would you do?
Thats what I dont get..... The pictures that we have seen of Maddy before she was taken are crystal clear..... I would know if I saw her, especially with her tale tale eye.
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 08:12 PM #635
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

But you will see what you want to see, not what is there
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 10:08 AM #636

"But you will see what you want to see, not what is there"

That is true, but if you wanted it to be her and thus you were convinced then would you not follow whilst on the phone to the police?
Nurse57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 10:02 AM #637
Banned

Banned

Admin deleted spam.
cinderella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 01:02 PM #638

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

are there any developments regarding little maddie?
Old 22-04-2009, 01:29 PM #639

Quote:
Originally posted by serensilver
are there any developments regarding little maddie?

No None.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:35 PM #640

Default maddie

Quote:
Originally posted by jackie46
I never for once suspected that they have anything to do with it but if theyre found guilt i personally be writing a letter along with millions of others to them.
i do strongly believe they are guilty they admitted to frequently sedating their children and to leaving them on their own which in its self is so very wrong and if they were not drs they would of like any body else faced charges of neglect
laura942 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:39 PM #641

The thing is they should be charged with neglect anyway. Afterall they did abandon thier children in a foreign country to go to the pub!
MR.K! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:31 AM #642

hello just new here..

Admin deleted spam link
spongebob123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:44 AM #643

OK its Mc cann and her parents killed her our government covered it up shes dead so **** it its old news!

Her parents killed her!

She or her body will never be found and any BS sightings and BS new evidence or pedos is just that BS its all to make you think shes alive, if you think shes alive or some one else is the culprit then the parents are not guilty!

Its all mind games shes dead get over it!
merijaan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 AM #644
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by merijaan
OK its Mc cann and her parents killed her our government covered it up shes dead so **** it its old news!

Her parents killed her!

She or her body will never be found and any BS sightings and BS new evidence or pedos is just that BS its all to make you think shes alive, if you think shes alive or some one else is the culprit then the parents are not guilty!

Its all mind games shes dead get over it!
Hmmm what an insightful and well thought out post (itchy chin)
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:50 AM #645

Anotherwords your too stupid to realise the truth, you knwo when some one comes to your house and starts bad mouthing some one and you know they dont get on wil you believe every thing they say? no yes?

Well when the government tries to cover **** up, its the same! So see threw!

How many BS sighting have there been you tel me? Have they found her ? no? How many stupid accusations have there been? Have they convicted anyone? no?

Bit obvious!
merijaan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:04 AM #646
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

LMAO oh thats given me a good laugh Merijaan! Scotland Yard will be quaking in their boots heheh!
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:14 PM #647

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
But you will see what you want to see, not what is there

A perfect description of religous beliefs......
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 AM #648

This is a case that I used to wake up every morning and hope that there was a good bit of news, a sighting or something, anything to get her back. I have strong opinions on this case and believe that If she was used in a Paedophile ring, it would be too risky. Her Kidnappers would not have done that. Her parents would have had to both be very sick and Ill to want to kill their own child, and it is quite obvious that they had nothing to do with it. One part of me believes she was Kidnapped and that she has most probably been killed. Another part of me believes that she was kidnapped and is still alive, maybe had a complete make-over and living in somewhere where the publicity of the story is not as high. I was looking on youtube and was examining some of these video's

Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:08 AM #649
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

But look at the crime statistics, most murders happen with in the family.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:12 AM #650

I understand that, but the police would have known for definate by now. I mean the Dna in the car, yes the car was hired after Maddie was taken, but that doesn't mean to say that there was never any Dna on clothing, or her Teddy, that may have been in the car. Police have not found any Proof that Maddie may have been murdered by Kate and Gerry, that doesn't have a more likely coincidential cause
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discussion, important, leads, madeleine, madeline, mcann, mccann, news, police