Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:41 PM #1

Default Glamour Models

People on here are always hitting out at Jordan,Jodie Marsh and the female BB housmates who do Nuts/Zoo....so just wondering whats everyones opinion on glamours models are and just lads mags in general?
KKBL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 PM #2

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

i don`t see a problem with it at,when its in the right place such as in lads mags etc.Im not to keen when its on the actual front of a newspaper,don`t mind when its inside thats fair enough but depending on how revealing the photo is then im not sure it should be on the front because not everyone wants to see it and alot of parents dont want there children looking at things at it.People who go into the bb house and go on to do mags like nuts zoo etc such as chanelle,jen did one right? and aisleyene-i know theres been various others but i dont read those kind of mags,i say good on em.However what i do dislike is people like bb8s Amy who,before bb was trying to make a career for herself as a glamour model and only went in the bb house to further her career.
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:53 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

People are quick to judge but if they were offered £30,000 to do a photoshoot and be airbrushed to look really good, they would take it.

Its up to them, its their lives, I don't think there is a problem. They aren't harming anyone else and if people don't want to see the pictures then just don't look at the newspapers/magazines that are expected to do this sort of thing (ie Daily Star, Nuts etc).
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:55 PM #4
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

I dont think they are bad, I mean, did a bit of slap and tickle ever hurt anyone?
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:56 PM #5

I don't have any problems with it either.

It confuses me when an Ex housemate poses for Nuts and so many people on the forum posts 'Urggh' or 'Ewww, Iz shudza nown!!'

It's not as if your forced to look, and they are making a living instead of sitting on the dole.
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:47 PM #6

I don’t mind lads mags at all. Women’s magazines such as Now, Heat, Closer, amongst others are far worse.

They pick on every little negative detail they can find on someone i.e. pics of which celebs have cellulite or which have put on a tiny bit of weight or aren’t wearing the right thing etc... and all of them are written by women, for women!
Matt10k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 PM #7

Nothing wrong with Glam models and mens mags unless you are a tory who thinks that the lads mags are responsible for fatherless children. Goodness me when Cameron picks a shadow minister he sure picks one that has scrambled eggs for brain cells.......Bit like Cameron himself really.....

I suspect those that call modells all the names under the sun are simply jealous or aflicted with religion.....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM #8

I think if the offer is handed to you its fine, but to make a career out of it? I dont get it personally, I mean obviously I don't mind it, being a bloke and all. But its the typical celebrity culture get your boobs out and everyone loves you.
Would hate to be as untalented as these women. I hate all these shows showing 10 year olds to 18 year olds that want to be a glamour model when they grow up and they want to marry a footballer... its just such a shame, because only about 5% will ever make it and they are completely wasting their life.

Plus selling your body... its always a very low thing to do. Obviously if you get it offered it to you I dont blame them and if they keep it in its fine, but when they get it all out its very questionable. Sure its great to look at but its just horrible to think at some of the creeps who are looking at them
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:12 PM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Fom
I think if the offer is handed to you its fine, but to make a career out of it? I dont get it personally, I mean obviously I don't mind it, being a bloke and all. But its the typical celebrity culture get your boobs out and everyone loves you.
Would hate to be as untalented as these women. I hate all these shows showing 10 year olds to 18 year olds that want to be a glamour model when they grow up and they want to marry a footballer... its just such a shame, because only about 5% will ever make it and they are completely wasting their life.

Plus selling your body... its always a very low thing to do. Obviously if you get it offered it to you I dont blame them and if they keep it in its fine, but when they get it all out its very questionable. Sure its great to look at but its just horrible to think at some of the creeps who are looking at them
Posing for glam pictures is hardly sellling your body. It's not prostitution.......

If someone is talented at music they sell music. If someone is well blessed in appearance then they sell images. It is not low at all. It is a persons free choice and does not make them bad people. Live and let live without sitting in judgment is what I say......
Old 07-08-2008, 05:14 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Fom

Plus selling your body... its always a very low thing to do.
Obviously if you get it offered it to you I dont blame them and if they keep it in its fine, but when they get it all out its very questionable. Sure its great to look at but its just horrible to think at some of the creeps who are looking at them
If you were offered £20,000-£30,000 to pose for a gay mag like Attitude or something, would you honestly refuse?
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:21 PM #11

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
Quote:
Originally posted by Fom

Posing for glam pictures is hardly sellling your body. It's not prostitution.......

If someone is talented at music they sell music. If someone is well blessed in appearance then they sell images. It is not low at all. It is a persons free choice and does not make them bad people. Live and let live without sitting in judgment is what I say......
I suppose your correct in a way, If they have made it then thats great and fantastic.
But it is giving the wrong image to girls, girls are wearing far too much make up and showing off too much skin, and im talking about 10 - 15 year olds. Maybe im being a bit old fashioned here but girls shouldn't really be dressing like that until they are older, and I have never been a fan of girls dressing like they do anyway. I personally really despise the celebrity culture and I despise the way young girls look at these big breasted women showing off far too much skin as role models.
One side of it is great, where its something for men to look at and women get decent money for it, but then there is the other side when girls look at them as role models and it is creating a dumber society of girls, where nothing matters to them minus make up and boobs. And the side where girls are out of work for a long time and dont get paid anything.
If these Glamour Models werent celebrities it would be fine in my eyes, but its the fact that they are worshipped for nothing.

And to the post before, I would aslong as I didnt have to get anything out, as I dont mind women doing it with a bikini on or covering their boobs etc But I wouldnt stand their in all my glory for everyone to stare at. No ta I will pass on that, I would rather my dignity than a cheque.
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM #12
Classic

Classic

Bish Bash Bosh... Next tart please.
andyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 PM #13

Quote:
Originally posted by Fom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fom

I suppose your correct in a way, If they have made it then thats great and fantastic.
But it is giving the wrong image to girls, girls are wearing far too much make up and showing off too much skin, and Im talking about 10 - 15 year olds. Maybe Im being a bit old fashioned here but girls shouldn't really be dressing like that until they are older, and I have never been a fan of girls dressing like they do anyway. I personally really despise the celebrity culture and I despise the way young girls look at these big breasted women showing off far too much skin as role models.
One side of it is great, where its something for men to look at and women get decent money for it, but then there is the other side when girls look at them as role models and it is creating a dumber society of girls, where nothing matters to them minus make up and boobs. And the side where girls are out of work for a long time and dont get paid anything.
If these Glamour Models werent celebrities it would be fine in my eyes, but its the fact that they are worshipped for nothing.

And to the post before, I would aslong as I didnt have to get anything out, as I dont mind women doing it with a bikini on or covering their boobs etc But I wouldnt stand their in all my glory for everyone to stare at. No ta I will pass on that, I would rather my dignity than a cheque.
I understand your concerns. Like all things glam mags should be regulated (Not banned) so as to minimise the chance of 10 -15 year olds being influenced by them......

Having said that there are far more bad influences from common soap operas like Coronation st and Eastenders putting out adult themes nor really suitable for children. But parents never the less allow children to be influenced by them......Sorry to be a bit off topic but the point I am trying to make is a few Glam pictures are far less corrupting to children than adult story lines are.....
Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 PM #14

Quote:
Like all things glam mags should be regulated (Not banned) so as to minimise the chance of 10 -15 year olds being influenced by them......

Having said that there are far more bad influences from common soap operas like Coronation st and Eastenders putting out adult themes nor really suitable for children. But parents never the less allow children to be influenced by them......Sorry to be a bit off topic but the point I am trying to make is a few Glam pictures are far less corrupting to children than adult story lines are.....
There are also far worse magazines- usually the ones aimed at women- I think girls are more likely to be influenced by mags aimed at them too. Like I said, heat, now, closer etc... are much more damaging in my opinion- pointing out every celebrities minor flaws. I don't even think lads mags are in the same league when it comes to the damage magazines can cause.

I've seen heat and closer laughing at someone getting slightly fat or having a tiny bit of cellulite, I've even seen more ridiculous things than that such as 'bad knees', boobs even once, they were taking the piss out of some celeb for having a funny tongue

At least lads mags celebrate women's looks! not just put them up on a pedestal so that later they can knock them down and take the piss out of them for every minor flaw!
Matt10k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
glamour, models