Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 13-11-2008, 10:09 AM #1

Default Quiggie fever takes hold at salons

Quote:
Quiggie fever takes hold at salons
In the nineties it was the 'Rachel', last year it was Victoria Beckham's 'Pob', now the latest hairstyle taking the nation by storm is .... the 'Quiggie'.

Louis Walsh may have likened his hair to a "bird's nest", but X Factor finalist Eoghan Quigg has young boys queuing up round the block for a similar style.

Support for the blond barnet has come in from all quarters following Saturday night's show with internet blogs and forums quick to show their love for all things Eoghan.
After wowing the judges with his version of Mariah Carey's Anytime You Need A Friend, there was just one piece of criticism from the Irish judge.

"My only critique tonight, Eoghan, is the hair - it is turning into a bird's nest. I suspect you're taking advice from Simon Cowell on hair," said Louis.

Eoghan, 16, who is studying for his GCSEs at St Patrick's College in Dungiven, even impressed the pop diva herself.

Singing star Mariah said the schoolboy was "really cute" and had a "pretty voice".

So where did the infamous 'Quiggie' come from?

Bridgeen McCullough has been styling Eoghan's hair for years, although she said she could not take all the credit.

"Between me and Eoghan we came up with it, well it was more his idea," she said.

"He's plenty of hair, so he has."

And the Dungiven hairdresser has been amazed at the amount of requests for the style.

"It's mad, all the young boys are all wild for it.

"The older generation I think agree with Louis, but the younger ones are mad for it," she said.

As for the upkeep, Bridgeen reckons sales of hair gel and hairspray will be going through the roof, but would love to get her scissors within reach of Eoghan's hair again.

"It would be brilliant to get my hands on it for a wee tweak before the final," she said.
"I could also sort Simon Cowell's hair out."
Source: BBC
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fever, hold, quiggie, salons, takes