Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 16-11-2008, 07:39 AM #1

Default Suzanne Shaw Tells X Factor Hopefuls: Stop Your Sobbing

Quote:
Suzanne Shaw Tells X Factor Hopefuls: Stop Your Sobbing
ICE queen Suzanne Shaw has told reality TV hopefuls to put their hankies away and get tough if they want to make it.

She knows about bouncing back from devastating blows in her professional and personal lives.

The 27-year-old was part of doomed TV pop group Hear'Say and got dumped by love rat Darren Day, leaving her to raise son Corey alone and on the verge of bankruptcy.

But the reigning champion of ITV's Dancing On Ice turned her life around - and wishes X Factor hopefuls would take a leaf out of her book and show us their talent instead of tears.

She said: "I wish them all the best and it's great to get British talent out there. But I just can't bear the sob stories.

"It's too much. If I was a mentor, I would not be hugging them. Hyperventilating on stage, falling down steps and all that stuff - it's not what the business is about.

"When I go into auditions, I am not allowed to cry. If you do something wrong, you've screwed it up - get on to the next one and make sure you get it right.

"Don't mope about it. It's a tough business and it's going to get a lot tougher than hitting a few bum notes.

"I'm quite hard on that. I'm more on Simon Cowell's side."

Her tough approach has served her well and she has returned to the public eye in spectacular style this year.

As well as winning Dancing On Ice in March, she was also announced as the face - and body - of Ultimo's Michelle at George lingerie range.

She was named Celebrity Mum of the Year and got engaged to DJ Jason 'JK' King.
She is launching her own perfume range, Ice, and a family DVD game, Suzanne Shaw's Showtime Showdown, for the Christmas market.

But while it looks like she's got it all, she still worries she could lose it.

When Darren Day left her on Mother's Day in 2005, she found herself with a new baby, debts of £200,000, bailiffs at the front door and surviving on food parcels sent by her mum.

Suzanne said: "I did go through a hard time and I'm extremely grateful for what's happening this year.

"I'm also enjoying it a lot more because during Hear'Say I took it all for granted.

"To have to hit reality quite hard in my career and relationship made me realise you can't do that.

"It was a big learning curve."

The star, who played Roxie Hart in hit musical Chicago, added: "I still think this could all go away again. I'm petrified of losing everything. I'm scared of being a single parent and in debt again.

"I'm just trying to enjoy each day as it comes and work hard so I have something put aside for a rainy day and a network of good people around me if I do end up on my own.

"I've survived and I can survive again.

"It wouldn't hit me as hard. I have barriers set to go up if need be."
Source:Daily Record
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hopefuls, shaw, sobbing, stop, suzanne, tells, x factor