Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2002 - 2014 Discuss the previous series of I'm a Celeb in this sub-forum.

Old 19-11-2008, 09:52 PM #1

Default \'There\'s a lot more to my Nicola than her figure,\' says I\'m A Celebrity\'s footballer fiancé

Quote:
'There's a lot more to my Nicola than her figure,' says I'm A Celebrity's footballer fiancé
Glamour model Nicola McLean has astounded I'm A Celebrity viewers with her whole-hearted embrace of jungle life.

But one person who isn't in the least bit shocked is her footballer fiancé Tom Williams.

'I knew she'd do it, no problem,' he told the Mirror. 'Nic's a fighter. There's more to her than people give her credit for.'

The Page 3 blonde has defied the bimbo stereotyping and forced viewers to look past her inflated breasts as she fearlessly munched on jungle critters, climbed ropes and put the men to shame.

And Peterborough United player Williams says Nicola won't hesitate to stand up to some of the bigger pests in camp.

'I know there's been a bit of a debate over Robert Kilroy-Silk possibly bullying Carly Zucker,' he said.

'If Nic thought for one minute that was going on she'd be the first person to confront Robert about his behaviour. I think people are going to really warm to her.'

Nicola is never normally seen in public without a full face of make-up, and her appearance onscreen has been the first time Williams has seen her au naturel.

'She's gorgeous,' he said.

And it seems that when Nicola leaves the camp she has big plans for the future.

‘I have pondered over the past few months, I want to do a counselling course and then I could work with children,' she told her fellow celebrities.

'I think I need to do work on myself though. I am not strong enough to hear bad stories.'

Nicola and Wiliams are parents to two-year-old Rocky, but she has plans to expand their family.

'I want more biologically and when we are a bit older, me and Tommy may adopt another two,' she said. ‘I hate to hear sad stories. I’d hate to hear that a child was put up for adoption.’

Nicola's jungle question and answer

Did your campmates appreciate your chest when you triumphed over Dani?

My campmates always appreciate my chest.

Why do you think you’re having so much success in the jungle?

I’m a winner. That’s why I’m having so much success. I like winning. My fiancé always tells me, if you’re not fast, you’re last.

Do you think you’re going to win all of the Bushtucker Trials you tackle?

I’ll give every other challenge my best. I don’t see why I can’t win them. I’m absolutely petrified, though. I’d prefer not to do anymore because then I can just be a winner of the two I’ve already done.

You wolfed down all the bush tucker in the Ice Scream Van trial. Is there anything you’d refuse to eat?

I always thought I’d be refused to eat eyeballs. But it was the first thing I was given to me. There were three of them and it makes me ill just thinking about it. It was disgusting, disgusting, disgusting. I really wanted to win, which is what got me through. Joe ate his things and as soon as they came out, I thought, ‘I’ve got to do this’. I did it. I really don’t know how I did it, but I could eat anything now.

How have you been sleeping with all of this rain?

I’ve been sleeping absolutely brilliantly. At home, I’ve got a two and a half year old who doesn’t like me to sleep very much, so I’m handling it fine.

How would you describe your time in camp?

It’s been hard, fun and emotional.
Source: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
celebrity, fiance, figure, footballer, lot, nicola