Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 27-11-2008, 10:16 PM #1

Default Back on top: Vamped-up Britney wows the crowds at German awards show as she prepares for X Factor performance

Quote:
Back on top: Vamped-up Britney wows the crowds at German awards show as she prepares for X Factor performance
Britney Spears delivered a show-stopping performance at a German awards ceremony tonight as she prepared for her highly-anticipated performance on X Factor.

The pop star showed off her slimmed-down body in hot pants, fishnet tights and a transparent black top at the 2008 Bambi Awards in Offenburg.

Spears – who releases her sixth album Circus next week – showed that she was back to her best as she strutted around seductively on stage and writhed around a large metallic circular cage.

Earlier today the singer’s mother Lynne Spears said that the 26-year-old had finally turned her life around after her much publicised breakdown and was now ready to return to the pop game.

We’re going to get this done and it’s all going to be good. You just wait and see.' she told Lorraine Kelly on GMTV

She said even now she found it hard to understand the level of her daughter's fame.

My friends and I, we talk about it and they go, "What is the deal? I mean, what’s so interesting about Britney?" And people that have known us all our lives are mystified – they go, "What is the deal?"'

Her upcoming appearance on X Factor will mark a reunion for Spears and her former choreographer Brian Friedman as well as her first performance on British TV screens in five years.

He said: 'She is such a sweet, endearing person. It will be nice to reconnect.

'Last year, I asked her to come and do X Factor but she was too hectic. This year it's happening. I'm so glad to see her back on track. Her performance is going to be incredible.'

X Factor judge Simon Cowell is looking forward to Spears' performance, having often commented on the singer over the years.

In January this year, when Spears was hospitalised for psychiatric evaluation, he said: 'She's welcome to call me any time.

'I genuinely think that if I sat down with Britney and, No. 1, remind her of all the good things in her life - which are her kids, her money, her success, everything - I'd try to give her a sense of perspective. And then I'd take her out of where she's living at the moment and ask her to go and live with her family - and live normally - for six months.'

Cowell is glad to see Spears - who has two children, Sean Preston, 3, and Jayden
James, 2, with ex-husband Kevin Federline - making a comeback after previously revealing his fears that her career was over following her disastrous performance at the MTV Video Music Awards last year.

He said at the time: 'If I had been looking after Britney I’d have taken one look at her in rehearsals and I wouldn’t have allowed her on stage.

'It would have been worth pulling her off the bill - no matter what the cost - to save any chance she had of resurrecting her career. She wasn’t ready for that show in every possible way.

'The problem she has now is that she could have killed her career. It’s difficult to come back from that performance, for a while at least.'

After a difficult few years, during which she went through a divorce and was hospitalised twice for psychiatric evaluation, Spears is now looking better than she has in years.

Since dealing with her problems with the help of her father Jamie and mother Lynne, Spears has been focusing her energies of getting her career back on track.

She picked up three awards at the MTV Video Music Awards in September for her single Piece Of Me, and continued her success at the MTV Europe Music Awards last week with two trophies - even though she was unable to attend the Liverpool ceremony.

Earlier this month, Spears wowed fans when she joined Madonna on stage during the Material Girl's Los Angeles gig.

Her sixth studio album Circus is set for release on December 2 - her 27th birthday.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 10:24 PM #2

Is that mah gurlll ova there? HOLLAAAAA!
Hugo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
awards, back, britney, crowds, german, performance, prepares, show, top, vampedup, wows, x factor